Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

jayo26 wrote: »
    Nice one bud that's great stuff. Any players you always wanted to use and could never afford?

Ive an 88 rated squad already but i think it might time to indulge in an icon or 2,Georgie Best has been on my wishlist for awhile!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Dozyart wrote: »
    Ive an 88 rated squad already but i think it might time to indulge in an icon or 2,Georgie Best has been on my wishlist for awhile!

For a beginner icon I couldn't recommend anyone more then 88 best. Look at his stats on futbin and compare them to a 90 or 91 icon and all of his vitals are as comparable I love him and only reason I didn't put him back in is because I've the cuadrado road to final card who I'm convinced will be a beast in April or May and don't want to leave him go.

There are a few cheaper icons you could go for but I don't think they play as well as they should. Overmars for an example is a 95 plus speed winger and on the wing he feels so sluggish.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

88 Best is awesome. His dribbling is unreal in the box. I already have Sterling and potm Lucas so it’s a waste having him.
    I bought 87 Van dijk instead to shore up the defense

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

With Zola proving to be great signing I've decided to do the Icon sbc.

This helped to fund 87 Werner who should link nicely with Kroos.

After being destroyed by Timo in few games it's time for him to repay the debt:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Trying to decide whether to buy Sanchez ulc live card or if Van dijk if I go Sanchez should I buy now or wait and see if spurs they qualify past group stages. If they don't his price might drop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Going to take the plunge and get on the VVD hype train. Also thinking of getting TOTGS Eriksen; when would the best time be to buy that card, when this weeks TOTW is out?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Anyone using the most recent TOTW Werner? Saving up my cash to buy him, will wait till Bundesliga POTM SBC comes out to get that first, will prob be Reus im guessing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭Guffy

Anyone using Griezman? Looking at getting his base card to put up front in my French team. Any thoughts?

Guffy wrote: »
    Anyone using Griezman? Looking at getting his base card to put up front in my French team. Any thoughts?

His base card is excellent. I hate seeing him in teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

He's got the best left foot I've played against. His finnesse shots outside the box are just ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Guffy wrote: »

Have his SIF as an “investment” and used him as a super sub in weekend league.
    So clinical! Anything in and around the box is a goal!
    I’m actually considering keeping him as a very expensive sub.

Blazer wrote: »
    Let us know. I love Mahrez and his skills

Got to use otw Mahrez over the weekend and really enjoying using him.
    For review purposes I should point out I’m average at fifa (generally gold 3 in wl)
    I think that’s important because someone better than me would use his 5 star skills much better.

But anyway, comparing him to previous rw’s I’ve used, potm Lucas, IF Valencia, flashback Pedro and IF sterling I find him much better.
    Stamina was an issue with all of the others and I know sterling has a lot of fans here but for me his poor stamina and inferior shooting put me off him, plus mahrez can cross much better.
    I guess a lot of it will come down to style of play, I like to get in crosses from my right winger and then switch in play to a 4-2-2-2 where he’ll play right CAM so I also need him to be able to score.

Mahrez ticks both those boxes. He def suits my style of play but I will concede he’d do a lot more for someone more skillful than me.

His 4 star weak foot is another huge plus for me, again, I know the weak foot isn’t a big issue the better you are at fifa as you can drag back to favorited foot with ease but sterling’s 3 star weak foot was a little bit of an issue at times

I think I’ll be keeping him anyway as the way city are playing this season it’s not unrealistic to think he could be 90 rated by feb/March.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I love Coutinho, over the weekend in WL and Rivals, his control was like a wall, the ball just bounced off him, but since this morning his control is back to excellant, 15 goals 10 assists in 10 games, its unreal the difference in him, its like he was under a spell over the weekend and its now been lifted.

Checking my consumables pile and I had over 600 gold contracts. Checked the price and they were going for 300-350.
    200k worth and just sitting there :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Is it looking like Sterling is going to be POTM? If he's a RW, I'll want to do it. Want to start building some teams in preparation.

Lordy, SBC for TOTGS Laporte has gone up.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Was having a little look for potential investments and came back to my old reliable Jorginho.

I picked up about 30 of him between 3.4 and 3.8 on bid.

Reasons why
    1. There should be at least 1 if not 2 more totgs sbc’s before Friday. We saw with the Europa League ones how they like premier league players (mkhitaryan & Alonso) any prem player could see Jorginho rise to about 6k as with the mkhitaryan and Alonso sbcs)
    2. With Italian nationality he could also get a rise if an Italian player gets a totgs and it requires Italian players like the Kroos one does with Germans.
    3. Sterling potm sbc is out Friday, if no sbc’s have come out by then he should get a small increase here anyway.
    4. If we’re still stuck with him, futmas starts Friday, as soon as a good premier league player appears, we can get rid of Jorginho then.

For similar reasons I’ve also picked up
    12 x lacazette at 3.6 on bid
    10 x Bernardo Silva at 3.6 on bid (could also be needed for a city team in sterling sbc)
    8 x mkhitaryan at 3.4 on bid
    6 x Alison at 8.0 on bid (cheapest 85 from premier league and if it does anything for sterlings previous club in sbc he’s a high rated Liverpool player)

They do love the premier league.....cha-Ching!!

Bloody hell, forgot about your post there. Awesome work. :)

Thats a La Liga and PL SBC now for TOTGS cards.

Wonder if they'll do a German and Italian league one? Worth grabbing some higher rated cards for them?

If they're anything like laporte, no.

What a crap upgrade. Kroos upgrade was pretty terrible too.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Thats a La Liga and PL SBC now for TOTGS cards.

Wonder if they'll do a German and Italian league one? Worth grabbing some higher rated cards for them?

Uptake on Laporte seems very small from the players I’ve listed so far. I didn’t catch the totw requirement at first glance.
    That makes it fairly expensive for an 85 rated untradeable.
    He’d probably be cheaper to buy if he was in packs than this sbc costs.
    (His ucl 84 card is 9k, futbin has this sbc at 55k)

I probably won’t be making much coin off this after all. I had heard rumors of a totgs Kane, I was hoping he’d be the premier league one. Could still be a second premier league player as they did with the Europa League players.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a new batch of totgs cards this week. Missing some players like Kane, marega etc who should definitely have a card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Could do him from players in my club but don't see the point card doesn't look great

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭Guffy

Nice one a french cb to bulk up my team. Laporte and 69 pace.... ah no your ok thanks

Just met this guy. 4-1 up within 40 mins and he rage quits :)
    Why on earth would you do that???

B3-CA561-A-CB22-4031-9351-5-E978-F104688.jpg

Richarlison scored last Wednesday v Newcastle and just now v watford. Anyone know what way these work for totw?
    Are both games counted? 1 game? Or neither?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭dmca77

Changed my formation to 4 2 3 1. Dropped Salah for otw Mahrez, dropped If Grundogan for Matic, dropped if Silva for Firmino. Changed defensive style to pressure on heavy touch and kept offensive style to fast build up. Won 6 on the bounce and just drew last game0-0 but the chances i had clear on goal and keeper kept saving.
    Going for Kante next think he will be a big improvement as as a cdm.
    Least some improvement tonight I find players make better runs to support Ronaldo. Up the amount of times he hits the post!

Thanks for your help
    D

1 more investing tip that’s fairly risk free.

We should have ucl marquee matchups tomorrow. There’s very few games left that actually have signifance, obviously Liverpool v Napoli is the stand out game but I think this featured in marquee matchups first time round.

Lyon v shaktar is a winner takes all game, in the last round of ucl marquee matchups they required 4 Porto or Schalke players and prices went high.

I’m hoping they do something similar with Lyon v shaktar.

I’ve bought a lot of the following 3 rare golds as they’re high rated (for these teams) and only just above discard

Taison 82 LM shaktar (Brazilian) 850 coins
    Marlos 82 RM shaktar (Ukrainian) 850 coins
    Marcelo 81 CB Lyon (Brazilian) 900 coins

I like Marcelo the best as most people would probably go the ligue 1 route if this comes up.

Fire 10 into your club, worst case scenario, they’re not needed for anything and you can sell then, you’ll get 800 back if you sell Marcelo as he’s still needed in ligue 1 sbc

Only 4 days left for icon pack 3 so reckon we’ll see a new icon pack by the weekend.

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    Only 4 days left for icon pack 3 so reckon we’ll see a new icon pack by the weekend.

Fingers crossed!!

New patch out on console now too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement