Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Hoping for a Bundesliga SBC as their isn't a Dortmund or Schalke player in the TOTGS

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Anybody know what this new update is about?

Gotta love these updates, that fixes nothing, lol

Edit: never mind, reading it now, doesnt mention fixing the ball control of some players, where it bounces off them 20 yards or more to the opposition

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Anybody know what this new update is about?

Gotta love these updates, that fixes nothing, lol

Maybe they will bring back overhead kicks.

Is it not the update that was rolled out on pc earlier?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Hogey007 wrote: »
    1 more investing tip that’s fairly risk free.

We should have ucl marquee matchups tomorrow. There’s very few games left that actually have signifance, obviously Liverpool v Napoli is the stand out game but I think this featured in marquee matchups first time round.

Lyon v shaktar is a winner takes all game, in the last round of ucl marquee matchups they required 4 Porto or Schalke players and prices went high.

I’m hoping they do something similar with Lyon v shaktar.

I’ve bought a lot of the following 3 rare golds as they’re high rated (for these teams) and only just above discard

Taison 82 LM shaktar (Brazilian) 850 coins
    Marlos 82 RM shaktar (Ukrainian) 850 coins
    Marcelo 81 CB Lyon (Brazilian) 900 coins

I like Marcelo the best as most people would probably go the ligue 1 route if this comes up.

Fire 10 into your club, worst case scenario, they’re not needed for anything and you can sell then, you’ll get 800 back if you sell Marcelo as he’s still needed in ligue 1 sbc

Picked a few up of those 3 last night, hopefully start making a few quid towards getting VVD, sitting with 150k now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

damn Mahrez's otw card is amazing. With a hunter chem he really is awesome.
    Only one slight problem. I lost three games on the trot with him as I had him as the focal point for the team and doing all the skills etc with him and while he scored goals for me my gameplay has changed drastically from when Zola was the focal point. Then Sterling's only job was to run fast with the ball and get it to Zola..no frakking around.
    So do I enjoy Mahrez cause he is bloody fun to play with or sacrifice him for the wins. Might keep him just for Rivals but I don't like to play 2 different styles of football as you lose your edge then.
    If he had a striker potm card I'd be all over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Just set up the tactics so when you switch in game he goes up top. That's the real beauty of the new tactics system. You can now put players where you want.

Just set up the tactics so when you switch in game he goes up top. That's the real beauty of the new tactics system. You can now put players where you want.

I was considering it alright but it would mean dropping Zola. Will wait and see who’s in the next icon pack before making a decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

What about Zola in Cam and Mahrez up top with another?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Kimbot wrote: »
    Picked a few up of those 3 last night, hopefully start making a few quid towards getting VVD, sitting with 150k now :D

Fingers crossed. If they just require 1 Lyon and/or 1 shaktar player they probably won’t rise much but if we get something like the Porto one where they required 4 Porto or Schalke players we could make a little profit.

The important thing is it’s very low risk, if it doesn’t work out we can sell for pretty much the same price, maybe lose 100 per card if you’re in a rush to sell.

What about Zola in Cam and Mahrez up top with another?

I’m playing 424 which gets me gold 2 if I get enough games in at the weekend so I’m loathe to change it.
    Zola is doing the business for me at ST in WL. He’s a bloody god whereas Mahrez would be a luxury.
    All I can do is try him and spread the play around as per normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭Guffy

Wtf!! I literally cant string 3 passes together

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Fingers crossed. If they just require 1 Lyon and/or 1 shaktar player they probably won’t rise much but if we get something like the Porto one where they required 4 Porto or Schalke players we could make a little profit.

The important thing is it’s very low risk, if it doesn’t work out we can sell for pretty much the same price, maybe lose 100 per card if you’re in a rush to sell.

Yeah I picked them up at a decent price so I will be in no rush to sell, normally though around Christmas you get an influx of new players so hold them to then and sell and you will get a nice little price hike :D

Went back to normal team with Zola and 4-1 at half time.
    Then brings on Mahrez for Zola thinking that's it now Mahrez is gone.
    He rips the guys team apart every single time and finish 7-2.
    If he had a potm striker card or an IF I wouldn't hesitate to pay a million for him..he's that good.
    Unfortunately I also has potm Lucas and CL Sterling for RW and Zola as ST so selling him again.

Im going to see Ciro Immobile in my f'n sleep

Van Dijk’s 87 IF card is a big boost over his base one and worth the money.

Lovely looking Insigne totgs striker card for anyone with Italian league (sbc now)

Lyon v shaktar wasn’t included in marquee matchups, they used a Bayern v Ajax game that has no actual importance

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oooh, Insigne? Tempted to combo with Zola.

Lyon v shaktar wasn’t included in marquee matchups, they used a Bayern v Ajax game that has no actual importance

Had 40 Marcelos. Still sold 2 so far for 2k :P

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Oooh, Insigne? Tempted to combo with Zola.

you need 4 squads 83, 84, 85 and 86 rated can't see that being worth it given his 89 rated cl card is under 100k

Im having serious issues with deflections, if say my opponent has a shot or even 2 in the box, my defender will block but everytime it goes back to his attacker until he scores, yet if i have shot and its blocked, the ball will fly out for corners or throws.

My attackers cant control the ball, i have Suarez, Coutinho and Rakitic, i give them the ball and it rebounds off them like they are a brick wall and could fly 20-40 yards to the opposition.

I already think i know the answer but i'll ask anyway, is anybody having the same issues.

• Advertisement

I'll just add im not on a losing streak or anything like it, safely qualified for WL and ranked 1st in rivals with 8,000 points to spare, its just 2 things ive noticed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

You'd have to be out of your mind to do that Insigne SBC.

355k on PS4 for an untradeable card with 79 finishing :pac:

Wow!! That’s a crazy price!! Hadn’t really looked into requirements.

I did the ucl marquee matchups and as some kind of sick joke, the best card I got was 81 rated Marcelo :D .......err, thanks EA, I’ll just add him to the 40 other Marcelo’s I’m trying to sell!

cintec wrote: »
    you need 4 squads 83, 84, 85 and 86 rated can't see that being worth it given his 89 rated cl card is under 100k

Jaysus, yeah.

As a trader, awesome. But lordy, he's the price of a baby icon.

Which makes me think they're trying to do a cleanup of the market ahead of dropping a new Icon SBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I stopped investing into marquee matchups since week 1.

Bundesliga players going for ridicolous money :)

wonski wrote: »
    I stopped investing into marquee matchups since week 1.

Bundesliga players going for ridicolous money :)

They’ve kept the requirements good for ucl ones.

Just annoyed I invested in the wrong game. Ajax, spurs players going for a very nice profit now.
    Pity it wasn’t Lyon but what can you do.

Spurs players going for 5k now. They included Barca v spurs in a ucl sbc on Sunday so didn’t think it’d come up. And Ajax v Bayern is pointless in that both have qualified
    It should be my Lyon players rolling in all those coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

i've stopped doing any of the SBC's apart from the Marquee Matchups.

I've made a killing today on Bayern, Ajax, Spurs and Barcelona players. 78 Huntelaar went for 5k!
    Running at about 80k made since 6pm :D:D

Made a tonne off the spurs, Ajax, Barca and Bayern players in my club so not too bad but it coulda been soo much more, anyway time to sit back now and watch to see if my Davinson Sanchez or Fabinho get upgrades.

Would expect panic selling if either get knocked out if anyone was looking to get these players for cheaper and happy to wait til February for upgrades

We’re definitely gonna see German and Italian icons
    I reckon Matheus and Nesta or Del Peiro.
    There’s been a lot of German sbcs all looking for high rated players.
    I would swap my Zola for Matheus. His prime is just amazing.

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    We’re definitely gonna see Germand and Italian icon.
    I reckon Matheus and Nesta or Del Peiro.
    There’s been a lot of German sbcs all looking for high rated players.
    I would swap my Zola for Matheus. His prime is just amazing.

We have 1 more totgs sbc to come too, they said there’d be 4.
    The Laporte and Insigne ones were disappointing once analyzed and compared to similar players.
    Hopefully the last one will be worth doing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement