Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

If it's anything like his card on pc, no. His 86 is more expensive than his 87. 500k. No way is it required.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

RossieMan wrote: »

My team is better now than it was in May of last year. And has been for ages. It's ridiculous.

Yeah, I feel I'm in "end game" at the moment. Like...the improvements will need to be 1m players, but those upgrades would be superficial enough now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Yeah it took me until the post toty price crash plus packing an icon to be able to do Del Piero's sbc last year and this year I already have him tradeable with my 3 best pack pulls being alba, firmino and oblak.

They seem to be caught in a stupid spot where they're nerfing investing in things like marquee matchups and icon sbcs to push fifa points and packs but then the promo/sbc players they release aren't a big enough upgrade to be worth the coins because they still want to leave enough room that they'll still be able to draw people in with tots in June.

That's in addition to the shady stuff going on (not showing certain icons, coin-selling) and EA's stupid mistakes (having to pull sbcs, giving every player in the ucl a blue card making first informs and totgs cards pointless ) which results in the game being in a pretty poor state overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Christ I’m not complaining.
    I love my team but r9 /cr7, gullit, Maradonna etc would all improve it. So still a way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeah, I feel I'm in "end game" at the moment. Like...the improvements will need to be 1m players, but those upgrades would be superficial enough now.

That's always the way when your able trade tsc but after Christmas when more special cards ECT are coming along some of the elite players now won't be so elite and then when tots comes most will be definitely bit down the order.

I have the best team I've ever had at this stage in fifa it's taken an absolute crazy amount of trading and pack luck but my defence will be easily upgraded later in the year and left and right wing.

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    Christ I’m not complaining.
    I love my team but r9 /cr7, gullit, Maradonna etc would all improve it. So still a way to go.

I was looking at maradona but feck his stamina and strength put me off for the positions I'd love him in. His 91 card looks the most useful.

Should icons be available for everyone at this stage though?

The teams I'm currently playing are insane. It makes rivals such a chore. You shouldn't be rewarded for being bang average at the game, which is what's happening. Div 5 has the best rewards for the amount of work you need to do.

Should icons be available for everyone at this stage though?

The teams I'm currently playing are insane. It makes rivals such a chore. You shouldn't be rewarded for being bang average at the game, which is what's happening. Div 5 has the best rewards for the amount of work you need to do.

True stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

A lot of people can't sink huge hours into it each week though rather than being bang average. I don't see any harm in them being given the opportunity of an icon, especially baby and middle cards. Most baby icons are worse than top end standard cards anyway.

I still don't have an icon mainly I'd say due to me wasting a lot of coins changing teams around. First year playing UT as well so I've been learning as I go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Stichy

Will there defiantly be a new prime icon scb when set 3 ends in a few days?. I could do it now and get Zola or would I be better off waiting and see what happens. What are the chances it would go up in price. I don’t have any icon at the min and would like to get one into the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

That’s a great TOTW... regret not doing WL last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

That’s a great TOTW... regret not doing WL last week.

A lot of people can't sink huge hours into it each week though rather than being bang average. I don't see any harm in them being given the opportunity of an icon, especially baby and middle cards. Most baby icons are worse than top end standard cards anyway.

I still don't have an icon mainly I'd say due to me wasting a lot of coins changing teams around. First year playing UT as well so I've been learning as I go.

Ah yeah I'd never begrudge anyone getting good rewards and lucky packs. I love seen lads that are only casual players pulling a mega player it's only a bloody game after all.

But I do think there should be a bigger difference in the rivals rewards for division 3 and up. I'm going to give division 2 a go next week but it's just to challenge myself because the rewards ain't all that better especially the coins.

Stichy wrote:
    Will there defiantly be a new prime icon scb when set 3 ends in a few days?. I could do it now and get Zola or would I be better off waiting and see what happens. What are the chances it would go up in price. I don’t have any icon at the min and would like to get one into the team.

Very likely they'll change it up. The 3 icon sets have gone down a tonne of bricks in the community. People are not happy with the way it's done. Who knows what that means, new requirements, new methods, all you can do is wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Very likely they'll change it up. The 3 icon sets have gone down a tonne of bricks in the community. People are not happy with the way it's done. Who knows what that means, new requirements, new methods, all you can do is wait and see.

Step right up Iniesta!!!!!!!!!! Your time has come!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Blazer wrote: »
    Step right up Iniesta!!!!!!!!!! Your time has come!!!!

I'm tempted to pick up another 20 . He's only 21k

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

the whole,dominating an average team while your players feel like they have money on the other team to win,getting into double figure shots on target only for them to win with their third or fourth on the 85th minute gets really tiresome!!
    I'll take a bad beating from a better player everytime if my team could be allowed play properly without scripting/momentum!

I'm tempted to pick up another 20 . He's only 21k

I really don't know. Ive 20ish myself. But if they change the requirements up and make it something very different, you might get stuck with them. He's so mass stored at this stage he might not rise much even if he does stay good for the requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Don't see the totw being that good at all, only players id really like are salah or kante to be honest.

Kante wouldn't prob be the better for my team...

Can't wait to get that silver inform.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

I really don't know. Ive 20ish myself. But if they change the requirements up and make it something very different, you might get stuck with them. He's so mass stored at this stage he might not rise much even if he does stay good for the requirements.

I ended up buying another 20. Tbh I'm happy enough with my team as it stands so I'm not in a mad panic for coins.

• Advertisement

ImANoob08 wrote:
    Don't see the totw being that good at all, only players id really like are salah or kante to be honest.

It's arguably the best TOTW yet.

I’d kill for a Red Salah or Kante. I’d love a Red Mata, from a United point of view.

Also wouldn’t mind an excuse to use the Margera card. I adored his base in the first few weeks.

ImANoob08 wrote:

It's arguably the best TOTW yet.

Not for me but hey you like it so my opinion doesn't really matter.

Imagine people having different opinions on something.

Crazy stuff.

The players might be no good for your team, but the TOTW has finally picked some of the players who had a good week and avoided picking players because they're the meta for the game.

I took your post as more of a general statement than an opinion of yours.
    Just misread what you meant, I guess.

Kante is the only one I'd use. But I can appreciate it's a good TOTW.

I think there's such a massive overabundance of reward packs now that the prices just aren't rising. They probably will bump a little for Futmas, mind. But I think at the very least, I need to dump my current investments and look for better ones.

Invested in a few IF Hernandez. Bought 8, sold 2 already at 26k.

Also grabbing some normal golds too. Already sold a Keita and Bailly for 2k profit each.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Invested in a few IF Hernandez. Bought 8, sold 2 already at 26k.

Also grabbing some normal golds too. Already sold a Keita and Bailly for 2k profit each.

Sold off a few If’s today too.
    Chilwell for 24k
    Foster 20k
    T.hazard 29k
    And rusnak must’ve been in a solution somewhere cos sold 3 of him at 15k.

My Jorginho’s are going steadily for 5.4k so 1.5 to 2k profit on them.
    Mkhitaryan the same and lacazette a little less but still about 1.2k profit per card.

I’m not selling off everything though as Son missing from totw would lead me to believe he has a futmas card coming before the next totw and he’d be a very popular card if they don’t overprice it.
    They’ve also cleared out spurs players from people’s teams with that ucl marquee matchups yesterday which makes me think even more that they’ll do a son sbc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Why can’t I just keep coins!! All the iniesta talk made me go buy 1 of most of the 87 and 88 rated players
    Casemiro, Insigne etc all around 28k.
    Hopefully that icon sbc drops tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Getting issues in rivals, game freezing at tip off twice in a row.

Had to dashboard it twice.

Edit: Xbox bricked it RIP

The players might be no good for your team, but the TOTW has finally picked some of the players who had a good week and avoided picking players because they're the meta for the game.

I took your post as more of a general statement than an opinion of yours.
    Just misread what you meant, I guess.

Kante is the only one I'd use. But I can appreciate it's a good TOTW.

I also misinterpreted what you ment so my apologies.

As you say for players that deserved a totw card it's pretty decent, I was just talking about what is want out of it.

That salah card does look tasty to be fair, kill me to drop UCL Sane though!

• Advertisement

Very easily done. It's the problem with text.
    I must write in a very aggressive tone or something, I'll have to out pretty smileys beside my posts!
    Highly doubt we'll see an icon tomorrow, it'll be Friday at least if not next month after FUTmas promo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement