Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

martyos121 wrote: »
    Bought about 50 Ziyechs for 700 each by mass bidding over the last day or so. He’s 82 rated so it’s just a matter of time before a suitable SBC pops up and he quick sells for double that amount.

Either way, I won’t lose anything on him at that price.

The problem is that's 50 of your transfer slots taken up for a maximum 35-40k profit if you don't sell him off in a couple days it's too drawn out for the limited rewards.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Jaysus 500k Jayo, have you tried Matic?

He is fairly good for me in my rotation team.

No pal haven't actually I might give him a go. I'm going to get 88 Keane in next few days tho so him and fabinho would be solid pairing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

jayo26 wrote: »
    The thing with trading is you either go all in our not :) I list 100 consumable cards I'll sell 20 per hour it's the same with players your looking at a hit rate depending on your profit from each card but you won't sell as much with 4 or 5.

First time tried this approach so didn't want to waste money. Its more of a learning curve for me with speculation. If that works OK in small scale I will go full on with the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

No pal haven't actually I might give him a go. I'm going to get 88 Keane in next few days tho so him and fabinho would be solid pairing.

Jealous man, had Keane on FUT a few years ago, complete legend.

Coins should be easy to come by this year with rivals rewards so hopefully legends become more attainable.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Jealous man, had Keane on FUT a few years ago, complete legend.

Coins should be easy to come by this year with rivals rewards so hopefully legends become more attainable.

Yeah I was thinking we should be averaging at least 100k coins a week in rewards.

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    First time tried this approach so didn't want to waste money. Its more of a learning curve for me with speculation. If that works OK in small scale I will go full on with the next one.

I was more thinking of you listing them for smaller profit and hoping they sell quicker so you can rince and repeat more often and more profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Didn't like 4-2-3-1 so switched to 4-1-2-1-2(2) with lacazette and POTM Lucas up front. Can't seem to get the hang of passing. Even short passes with players with good passing and dribbling will result in a heavy touch or the player will move so slow with the ball that there'll be a tackle before I can pass again.

For cheap players recommendations Yokulu is a decent cdm. Also alvaro and gabriel as centre backs. Not in the Spanish League but Draxler and Pedro are good because they have the finesse trait and a 5 star weak foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

same for me. I was using that formation all last year but for some reason it's not clicking this year with me.
    Maybe its because its while I have inputted the custom tactics I haven't tweaked the passing, shooting,defending portion of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The problem is that's 50 of your transfer slots taken up for a maximum 35-40k profit if you don't sell him off in a couple days it's too drawn out for the limited rewards.

Good point, I don’t normally do an awful lot of trading so I’m alright this time but that’s worth remembering tbf. Now that I’ve around 150k left, what I’ll probably do is leave my trade pile until something comes up, play the game as normal and use the coin balance on marquee matchups and any other decent SBCs that pop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Didn't like 4-2-3-1 so switched to 4-1-2-1-2(2) with lacazette and POTM Lucas up front. Can't seem to get the hang of passing. Even short passes with players with good passing and dribbling will result in a heavy touch or the player will move so slow with the ball that there'll be a tackle before I can pass again.

For cheap players recommendations Yokulu is a decent cdm. Also alvaro and gabriel as centre backs. Not in the Spanish League but Draxler and Pedro are good because they have the finesse trait and a 5 star weak foot.

I’ve been using 4-1-2-1-2 (2) as well, there’s definitely a few flaws to it but it’s mostly been good for me so far. Whatever game plan you use for most of the match, go with Possession for your offensive play and Balanced on defence. Takes a while to build a good attack but as you’ve four central midfielders on the pitch, it’s a formation that always favours tiki-taka more than anything else. Take your time, play safe passes and watch out for your fullbacks overlapping to get in behind them and cross it low and hard across goal.

There’s plenty of other ways to score but that’s what works the most for me. Make sure your CDM can shoot from range too, most of my chances fall to that position for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Realized I could start the Lucas SBC by doing the POTM part for nothing.

Open the pack and out pops...

OAvgKpW.png

:D

115k at the moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

wonski wrote: »
    Just kidding.

I wouldn't mind selling them for that much, but that would be too slow.

Now missed the boat, should have listed them all before 6, now prices dropped.

Should be back up over the weekend, if not will wait for weekend league to open. That's when they (used to) sell quickly.

You could be right but im to lazy to trade properly
    Stick 100 up at 1400 sell 20 then repeat although i list them for three hours

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

424 seems to be clicking for me at the moment. Still need to nail down this finishing....can’t seem to time it for the life of me. Moses Simon is also unreal from the La Liga. 4* skills 5* weak foot and 91 pace LM. Scoring for fun for me atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I just play 4-1-2-1-2 wide, always have done for man be thirty year, is that wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

I asked in the other thread, but this seems to be the most active.
    "Doing okay vs the AI, but I'm definitely doing something wrong online.
    No matter how quickly i break, I'm at best against a back four, but usually two banks. One through ball seem to leave me with two at the back though.
    Also everyone seems to be able to press me (like holding X on the old pro ev games) and take the ball, but i can only do that little stab with circle to tackle."

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

derfderf wrote: »
    I asked in the other thread, but this seems to be the most active.
    "Doing okay vs the AI, but I'm definitely doing something wrong online.
    No matter how quickly i break, I'm at best against a back four, but usually two banks. One through ball seem to leave me with two at the back though.
    Also everyone seems to be able to press me (like holding X on the old pro ev games) and take the ball, but i can only do that little stab with circle to tackle."

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Dude, I'm blocked and still winning the odd game, and in contention each time. Are you holding the controller the right way up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Liamalone wrote: »
    Dude, I'm blocked and still winning the odd game, and in contention each time. Are you holding the controller the right way up?

I think so? I'm not being hockeyed (2-0,2-1 losses so far) but I'll have my back to their defender and they'll shoulder bump me and nip the ball off me as soon as they get close.

Liamalone wrote: »

Don't ever change dude haha

derfderf wrote: »
    I think so? I'm not being hockeyed (2-0,2-1 losses so far) but I'll have my back to their defender and they'll shoulder bump me and nip the ball off me as soon as they get close.

Have you dabbles in tactics and formations? What are you using?

Player instruction depending on your formation should have two wing backs to stay back (they won't but it's still feel a after to at least ask them)and at least one deep midfielder set to stay back, also keep an eye on work rates ideal you want one midfielder with high defensive work rate.

If all that fails throw it out the window and play golf ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Right just played a guy with a 58ovr bronze keeper and he saved everything, 14 saves in the match, and i lost 2-1 to a guy who had 5 shots and 3 on target, this nonsense was the reason i stopped buying fifa after 14 or 15 and cant believe its still happening.

I have Callum Wilson up front, played the ball through and Joel Matip not only caught up to him but took the ball from him and was able to sprint away from him, thats 63 pace v 87

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Defenders are given an extra advantage this year alright.

Wilson isn't exactly a brilliant finisher. Pace is nerfed this year. Go for somepme who's a decent finisher.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

RossieMan wrote: »
    Defenders are given an extra advantage this year alright.

Wilson isn't exactly a brilliant finisher. Pace is nerfed this year. Go for somepme who's a decent finisher.

Im finding hes scoring for me, and a lot of teams have him, im more concerned about the way these matches are going since the trial, like 58ovr keepers winning matches, have to say, so far, the trial seemed far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Just waiting for a few investments to sell now to buy De Gea to complete ny team for now, Auba is a beast!

2882q9x.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Just waiting for a few investments to sell now to buy De Gea to complete ny team for now, Auba is a beast!

2882q9x.jpg

Is abua worth the money?

Playing giroud up top at the minute!

Any other players from the prem you find good?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Is abua worth the money?

Playing giroud up top at the minute!

Any other players from the prem you find good?

I used his loan card for 7 games and he was insane, I've been using a prem starter squad till I could cash in on my investments and buy a team I'd be happy with for a bit. IF Yarmolenko was unreal and the same goes for Lanzini. I Had Andre Gray up front for me and he was banging in the goals too.

I've only bought most of that team today because I think prices will shoot up around the middle of next week, I'll probably still get spanked though ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

A few lads I've found to be good are..

Rose, tripper, lanzini, Andre gomes and Bernard

Got most of then from packs

Aubyanagabang, had his loan card, awesomeballs. Nuff said

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I've 300k spare and there's no way I'm wasting it on a base card. It would just kill me to see the depreciation on it :)

Blazer wrote: »
    I've 300k spare and there's no way I'm wasting it on a base card. It would just kill me to see the depreciation on it :)

Wow, there was me thinking he might be 100k, and steep at that.

• Advertisement

Arrived!!!!

Screenshot_20180930-124450.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement