Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paully D wrote: »
    I’ve never really done this before but following some advice online bought a few Xhaka’s, Koscienly’s and Mustafi’s and a lot of Ben Davies with the hope of turning them to profit tomorrow.

Couple of questions:

1) What time should I start listing them at for maximum effect?
    2) Take Ben Davies as an example, I bought him mainly for 1,400 give or take - realistically, what price could I hope to fetch?

Thanks guys!

To follow up on this, I made a killing on those cards, especially Davies. Bought loads for 1,400 and was getting up to 3,900 for them at one stage during the weekend!

My only regret is that I didn’t buy more.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Blazer wrote: »
    I've 300k spare and there's no way I'm wasting it on a base card. It would just kill me to see the depreciation on it :)

YEAP! I keep sitting down to build teams, but I can't bring myself to pay whats nessecary at the moment cause I fear price crashes. :o

I have POTM Lucas and CL Rashford now, know I should build something round them but can't bring myself too yet.
    Paully D wrote: »
    To follow up on this, I made a killing on those cards, especially Davies. Bought loads for 1,400 and was getting up to 3,900 for them at one stage during the weekend!

My only regret is that I didn’t buy more.

Man, did you get in on that at just the right time. THE SBCs that dropped on Friday made everything rocket up in a great way. Congrats :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

fff.jpeg

The best i had was Oscar then did a daily challenge and bam :D

Did some more of the basic SBCs. Got Zaha and Hulk to make only a tiny loss so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Did some more of the basic SBCs. Got Zaha and Hulk to make only a tiny loss so far.

Do you think SBC's are worth it?

I have terrible rng I opened 40euro worth of OTW packs and best I got was firminiho.

It has set me up to trade properly this year though so gonna give that a go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Odd that they do the percentages on them to one decimal but don't even do that on the O2W cards...... Must be 0.0001%

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Odd that they do the percentages on them to one decimal but don't even do that on the O2W cards...... Must be 0.0001%

Imagine icons percentage. Less than 0% when they round it down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Apparently its been estimated that you have a 1 in 5 million chance of getting Ronaldo/Messi.
    Its no harm for these odds to be showing and hopefully it will force EA to ugprade pack weights.
    Wouldn't mind but I reckon that if pack weights were higher they still wouldn't suffer much in the way of sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

To be fair this year was good enough so far to me. And the forum seems to be happy enough, too.

I obviously didn't pack Messi, but enough to have a healthy balance and haven't spent a cent on the packs.

Know of two people out of 6 I play with who packed Ronaldo last year, packed an icon last year too. Two of us got 50k-60k more than once this year.

It isn't that bad, it just is that you can't rely on packs and anything you get is a bonus.

• Advertisement

can't complain this year myself. I'm up over 600k from good cards and not trading.
    However...apparently EA monitors who buys packs and reduces their odds when they open their packs as they knew from previous behaviour that the person will buy more packs.
    People starting out tend to get better rewards to entice them into buying packs.
    Funnily enough this is my first year playing on PC and using origin and my first rewards have been the best I've ever gotten since FUT launched.
    Hell most years I didn't even have a squad like this until after March or April in previous years.

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Do you think SBC's are worth it?

I have terrible rng I opened 40euro worth of OTW packs and best I got was firminiho.

It has set me up to trade properly this year though so gonna give that a go

Firminho is better than what I got with €50 worth of packs :pac:

The thing of SBCs are....don't do them unless you're happy to burn the coins utterly. I do them when I've got a surplus, when I've got a few players already sitting there and when the prices are a bit lower to do them.

Case and point, I started Lucas last night cause Futbin was saying it would cost bout 50k, and I had that amount sitting in my account. I also had enough to do one of the SBCs without buying anyone, dropping the price down to about 40k.

(In actuality, by the time I did it, it ended up only costing me about 30k, thanks to shopping round and using what I had).

And then I packed OTW Mahrez, meaning I made a 70k PROFIT from doing the POTM Lucas SBCs.

Now, if I hadn't packed him, it probably still would have been worth it for me. Cause if I sold up everything, i'd say I'd have about 1m coins right now. So whats 40k for a RW like POTM Lucas that I'll probably be using for a few months, and actually has fun hybrid possibilities.

If I didn't have loads of coins though, I probably wouldn't have. There's the opportunity cost of the cards I used (I could have sold the cards I had sitting in my club for more coins).

This is a long winded way of saying I can't say "Yes, they are worth it", or "No they are not worth it". You've got to decide for yourself, cause context is important. Go into an SBC as if the cost is sunk and you're going to walk out of the experience with nothing. Figure out if you can afford that sunk cost. If you can, if you've nothing better to spend the coins on, then roll the dice and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Just had some great luck on sbc rewards myself there now, did those otw ones, mahrez, Allison etc as they’re realatively simple and cheap and had most of the players anyway.

Wasn’t expecting much as some of the player packs only had 1 rare, but got milinko savic (again) in 1st, Marcelo in 2nd one, and Isco in 3rd, nothing of note from 4th.
    (When I say, 1st, I mean the full rewards, it had 3 packs in total as reward, 2nd had 3etc)

Marcelo sold for 135k, Isco for 71k.
    Bought ddg out of it and I’ll have approximately 150k left in my club in total for a Cam/cf, anyone any recommendations from the prem? I currently have David Silva who I don’t like, stamina awful amongst other things
    Is eriksen worth 130k? Or firmino for 70ish? Or would I be better off saving a bit more for lukaku and dropping him or lacazette back to cam with position modifiers?
    (I play 4-3-3, 2 cm’s 1 cam, lw, st, rw)

I had Eriksen last year and he was amazing. I only replaced him with Costa afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

On the topic of sbcs I did the hybrid leagues one tonight.

Cost me 20k and in the packs I got Kimpembe, Kondogbia and OTW Richarlison in the rare mega pack :D. The consumables alone should cover the 20k so that's about 75k profit.

Is now a good time to sell ? Richarlison is about 26k and Kimpembe just under 20.

I had Eriksen last year and he was amazing. I only replaced him with Costa afterwards.

Thanks, I think I got eriksen on loan from those level 1-50 rewards (where coin boosts are) so I’ll give him a try with my loan first.

Gyan84 wrote: »
    On the topic of sbcs I did the hybrid leagues one tonight.

Cost me 20k and in the packs I got Kimpembe, Kondogbia and OTW Richarlison in the rare mega pack :D. The consumables alone should cover the 20k so that's about 75k profit.

Is now a good time to sell ? Richarlison is about 26k and Kimpembe just under 20.

Unless you’re in need of coins I’d hold richarlison for now, I think he’s probably at close to his lowest and his next 3 league games are Southampton, Leicester & palace, if he scores in any of them people start paying stupid money while the match is still on “Incase” he gets in totw, sell then in the hype.
    I’m hoping to pick one of his otw cards up myself based on those 3 fixtures and potential for his card, he has 4 star skills, 5 star weak foot and h/h work rate, if he gets a 81/82 totw card his otw could become very valuable

I might pick up a few of his cards then..I've 300k just lying there so might as well invest.

edit: picked up 4 of them for 25k apiece and will see how they go.
    Also picked up 2 of Smolov for 14k..he's definitely getting a few informs.

My untradeables are ridiculous and since my first team wasn't doing much for me I decided to use them.
    Summer, Boateng, Naldo, Talisso, Sissoko I got in those 2 player packs so decided to make them the bones of my team.
    Bought in the rest and used Lucas up front.
    Result =4 match winning streak and my defense is excellent.
    Which means I now have 450k lying around with another 150k of players in my transfer pile....I have to laugh at it..I've never had a year where I basically had this much coins just sitting there.
    Sure I could get Neuer and better midfield but I'm loathe to spend coins on players that will drop shortly.
    I'll probably just plug away with this team until the icon SBCs drop maybe and go from there.

Y4oH6BI.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Nothing of note for finishing elite 3 in squad battles. Probably won't play that game mode again to be honest.

• Advertisement

I got my elite 2 rewards, Vidal the only board drop and he’s only going for 12k or so.

I was mainly using squad battles for my fitness team, just play on beginner, go 5 up in 10 mins, Watch tv, press x a few times about 6 mins in to kick off second half and go back about 6 or 7 mins later and match is over and my full team who I have left on bench are fully fit again plus I get squad battle rewards at the end of the week.

I did play a couple of matches properly though (legendary) to get the higher rewards but with such good rewards for divisional rewards I don’t see myself playing squad battles properly every week.
    Where would you get the time to play 45 squad battles in a week, along with 30 weekend league and maybe another 30/40 division rivals
    (I know once the weekend league starts some people will be automatically qualifying for the weekend league again through that but I still think a lot who have already qualified will still play division rivals because of the high rewards)

Played my 5 placement matches yesterday, won 2 drew 2 and lost 1 so they put me in Division 5. Haven't played Fifa since Fifa 2017 so was happy enough with that, finding it tough enough at the moment though, just can't seem to create enough chances.

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Played my 5 placement matches yesterday, won 2 drew 2 and lost 1 so they put me in Division 5. Haven't played Fifa since Fifa 2017 so was happy enough with that, finding it tough enough at the moment though, just can't seem to create enough chances.

I’m using 433(5). Got it off a guy on Reddit who was raving about Lewandowski. Tried it out and I’ve won every game so far with it (all four of them) but more importantly I’ve getting about 20 shots a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Anyone having issues accessing the transfer market on the web or companion app?

Just getting an error saying "Your account has not earned access to Transfer Market on the Web and Companion app yet. Continue playing FUT 19 on Playstation 4 to unlock access to the Transfer Market."

Have played 30+ games and can't see any Objectives I have to complete to gain access. The FAQ page is useless and EA Customer Support agents can't give access.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭TheWatcher182

Frisbee wrote: »

Just getting an error saying "Your account has not earned access to Transfer Market on the Web and Companion app yet. Continue playing FUT 19 on Playstation 4 to unlock access to the Transfer Market."

Have played 30+ games and can't see any Objectives I have to complete to gain access. The FAQ page is useless and EA Customer Support agents can't give access.

No issues today. Just claimed my squad battles packs now on the android app and packed an OTW Fred. His stats seem the exact same as the standard goal card. Yet it is going for almost double the price around 73K (on ps4). Am I missing something here? Other than the card being a different colour! thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

No issues today. Just claimed my squad battles packs now on the android app and packed an OTW Fred. His stats seem the exact same as the standard goal card. Yet it is going for almost double the price around 73K (on ps4). Am I missing something here? Other than the card being a different colour! thanks

"Each Ones To Watch player will have a dynamic rating that will increase with each Team of the Week, Man of the Match, Hero, Record Breaker, and Team of the Tournament item received throughout the season."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

I got elite 2 squad battle rewards today and made 40k from the packs, plus 15k in coins and I also got Bailly (16k) who I'm unsure if I'll sell or not as I currently have Smalling and CL Stones.

You can easily get into one of the elites in Squad Battles on World Class without playing all the games

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭TheWatcher182

"Each Ones To Watch player will have a dynamic rating that will increase with each Team of the Week, Man of the Match, Hero, Record Breaker, and Team of the Tournament item received throughout the season."

Ah right, thanks man. In that case I will be selling him so! Can't see him doing much for United this season.

Frisbee wrote: »

Yeah mine has being like that since release and I've played over 40 games, e-mailed EA and the said there was nothing they could do. Sucks really as I'd like to be able to buy and sell on the go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I'll probably just plug away with this team until the icon SBCs drop maybe and go from there.

There are going to be icon SBCs? Prime icons are in packs from launch though?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement