Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

jayo26 wrote: »
    Last year didn't we get packs for logging in a certain number of days out of 120 days or something like that and we got daily log in packs. Absoloutely nothing this year only **** sbc.

That was end of jan/start of Feb last year cos I only got fifa 18 at Christmas and I got 42 days logged in for rewards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Yeah that was for the Chinese new year wasn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

They did it twice last year From what I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Completed the rui costa sbc, mainly because it’s the cheapest route to getting an icon for submitting into a future sbc and I can actually use him in the meantime (I wouldn’t use sol Campbell)

Thinking, with all those packs, I’m bound to get something good, right???

Well it would be right if I was in the market for a 82 rated Jamaican winger from the bundesliga and didn’t have 1k to buy him!!
    Can’t believe it’s even legal to give an 82 card as the best card in a 100k pack :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Is there one more futswap player to be released ? If I did the rivals objectives I'd be one short of the 100k pack so wondering if it's worth my time.

Also 86 lala,striker son and 89 Pogba in this totw so please EA give me something not horrible tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Gyan84 wrote:
    Is there one more futswap player to be released ? If I did the rivals objectives I'd be one short of the 100k pack so wondering if it's worth my time.

No more futswap players left this month. I had the 14 and got gameiro today. Tidy player.

Opened a 100k pack

No boards

Best player was 82, EA are a bunch of criminals

Last pack I'll buy, I'm finally seeing the light

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Opened a 100k pack

No boards

Best player was 82, EA are a bunch of criminals

Last pack I'll buy, I'm finally seeing the light

Someone on twitter bought 4 of them, not a single boards.
    In fairness this will definitely be my last year of fifa.
    BFV has been a disaster and with EA’s contempt toward their consumers this year I really couldn’t be arsed after this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    No more futswap players left this month. I had the 14 and got gameiro today. Tidy player.

Balls, I'm 1 short for lerma :( looks like I'll go with the mega pack so

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Kimbot wrote:
    Balls, I'm 1 short for lerma looks like I'll go with the mega pack so

Have you done all the weekly objectives? That's a pain. Hopefully you get an icon or something good in the pack ha ha

• Advertisement

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    Have you done all the weekly objectives? That's a pain. Hopefully you get an icon or something good in the pack ha ha

I won't get the rival wins done, I have only 1 or 2 wins out of 30 odd so far haha
    I have all the others so I'm goosed with 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Sitting on about 2.5 million at the moment and I think I’ll do Raul

Am I stupid for thinking of doing the Keane SBC to put into the Raul SBC instead of buying an Icon bough from the market. Packs are normally crap but there’s always 0.000000001% chance that you hit the jackpot

Giggsy_ wrote: »

Am I stupid for thinking of doing the Keane SBC to put into the Raul SBC instead of buying an Icon bough from the market. Packs are normally crap but there’s always 0.000000001% chance that you hit the jackpot

Same cost so you might as well get the packs.
    Even crap cards you’ll probably knock 100k off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Giggsy_ wrote: »

Blazer wrote: »
    Same cost so you might as well get the packs.
    Even crap cards you’ll probably knock 100k off

Presuming you are comfortable holding the Icon for a while because I'd nearly write off the packs already.

I've tried Cambell, Ballack, Keane, Rui Costa all prime and Van Nistelrooy 90 rated in the last few weeks and my honest opinion is I wouldn't break the bank for any of them.

Over priced beyond belief, if Van Nistelrooy wasn't my favorite player of all time and the WL didnt mean you couldn't fall below certain standard, I wouldn't have him because truth be told Kane 89 is as good at probably 600k cheaper.

Icons are appealing, but few are actually game changing and the ones that are, are far out of reach for the casual/ semi casual player.

There's a few in here who love Zola and I haven't tried him yet but he sounds like a genuine game changer. I may look at him next.

I don't know if that is a criticism of EA to be honest, the best players should be hard to get but the fact that 86 RVN costs 650k and 90 RVN cost me 670k has to be sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Out of all the ocons ive tried I'd say the best value for money game changer is baby best he is 1.1 million and excellent of played as striker. Using eusebio now and at 3.3 million he is phenomenal but a high level toty striker will probably be on par with him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Red Perrin :(

Two discard IFs in my packs.

Not great, not bad in terms of SBC fodder.

Have 1.2m in coins and weighing up trying Best this weekend. Just need to work out if he fits what I need as a RM.

Gomez and some other guy who name I can’t remember for red picks.
    All the rest were uweless.
    Both 84 rated. I should have just stopped at 6 wins and not be wasting my time.

Actually, lads. Advice?

I want to go into the weekend with a 4-2-3-1 with LM/RM. It's the formation I had a lot of fun with last week.

I feel I have everything nailed down but the right side of the field. Last weekend, I used.
    Auba
    Hazard --- Zola ---- (Red Thorgan)Hazard
    Keane - Zakaria
    Alonso - Tah - Akanji - IF Kimmich
    Neuer

I really enjoyed the CBs and CDMs, so I want to go in with them again. But the right side, while interesting and decently fun, I feel is where I can invest heavily.

Options I'm looking at.

Bale + Red Carvajal
    7 Chem Neymar + Flashback Alves
    Baby Best + (A right back)

I liked Hazard's strength and crossing. He didn't get many shots, but he did get a tonne of assists from his wing.

But I figure I may as well try one of the "elite" players out this weekend, since I've got coins to burn. Anyone any thoughts on Bale, Neymar and Best as, mainly, creative RM players?

EDIT: Actually, I say 7 chem Neymar, but Bale is ALSO 7 chem too, though also drags down others to 7 chem as well...

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Actually, lads. Advice?

I want to go into the weekend with a 4-2-3-1 with LM/RM. It's the formation I had a lot of fun with last week.

I feel I have everything nailed down but the right side of the field. Last weekend, I used.
    Auba
    Hazard --- Zola ---- (Red Thorgan)Hazard
    Keane - Zakaria
    Alonso - Tah - Akanji - IF Kimmich
    Neuer

I really enjoyed the CBs and CDMs, so I want to go in with them again. But the right side, while interesting and decently fun, I feel is where I can invest heavily.

Options I'm looking at.

Bale + Red Carvajal
    7 Chem Neymar + Flashback Alves
    Baby Best + (A right back)

I liked Hazard's strength and crossing. He didn't get many shots, but he did get a tonne of assists from his wing.

But I figure I may as well try one of the "elite" players out this weekend, since I've got coins to burn. Anyone any thoughts on Bale, Neymar and Best as, mainly, creative RM players?

EDIT: Actually, I say 7 chem Neymar, but Bale is ALSO 7 chem too, though also drags down others to 7 chem as well...

I would go with Neymar and Alves.
    A lot of it is down to how you play.
    Do you use your wingers to cross the ball? If so Sterling is crap at crossing.
    Do you like your wingers to cut inside and curl in a finesse shot? Neymar/Bale/Mahrez are your guys for this on the right wing.
    Do you want your wingers to dribble into the box and score from inside? Neymar and Best

I find I keep changing my RW , if I had Fb Alves I would definitely have Neymar on the RW, he’s ridiculous op.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Bourigeaud, Gayle or Calleri my choices, all 81 rated so barely even useful for SBCs.

Some Dicard 76 IF from the packs.

But then my Divisional Rivals Rewards saved the day with De Gea :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,087 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

My red player pick luck continues with Sandro from Gold 3! Ozil the best player from the 9 reward packs.

Blazer wrote: »
    I would go with Neymar and Alves.
    A lot of it is down to how you play.
    Do you use your wingers to cross the ball? If so Sterling is crap at crossing.
    Do you like your wingers to cut inside and curl in a finesse shot? Neymar/Bale/Mahrez are your guys for this on the right wing.
    Do you want your wingers to dribble into the box and score from inside? Neymar and Best

I find I keep changing my RW , if I had Fb Alves I would definitely have Neymar on the RW, he’s ridiculous op.

I'd say 75% crossing, 25% taking pot shots.

Might give Neymar a whirl then :)

I'd say 75% crossing, 25% taking pot shots.

Might give Neymar a whirl then :)

he also has 5* weak foot so plenty of finesse shots :)

Got nowt

Rubbish from my 2 player picks

Only thing of note from fut champions and rivals rewards was alaba and an 83 IF.

Most likely sit out this weekend league as fairly busy.

Looking at this weeks' TOTW, there's only five cards currently going for over 50k; Pogba, Son, Lala, Sandro and Parejo. The last of which is just over 50k and will probably drop below it by Monday.

From the point of view of "elite" cards, it's a dreadful week.

Looking at this weeks' TOTW, there's only five cards currently going for over 50k; Pogba, Son, Lala, Sandro and Parejo. The last of which is just over 50k and will probably drop below it by Monday.

I picked up gotze IF for 20k, if Werner wins bundesliga potm an 84 IF from bundesliga will be handy to have.

I’ll grab Townsend at 14k and foster at 18k too as it looks like 1 of son, salah and hazard will win potm in premier league, 1 game left, son the favorite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Lala & Gotze from player picks. Got Rebic and 2 crap IF's. Not the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,087 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

It's a real all or nothing TOTW. You get Son or Pogba you've hit the jackpot, Lala or Sandro and you're really pleased, Parejo or Ribery for SBC fodder and the rest is just meh to awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Good 3 Rewards

First player pick was Perrin
    Second player pick was Gotze

Same s*&t different week

Open the last pack feeling utterly deflated and out walks 90 Rated LUIS BLOODY FIGO, never got a sniff of an Icon from a pack before

Absolutely F'N Delighted with that ...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement