Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

IMHO the only thing Vardy is doing well is running.

At this stage of fifa there must be a better replacement fo icon van Basten than Vardy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Has anyone used UCL Sanchez?

Either use him or 88 Ferdinand

Anyone use both?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Anyone use both?

I sold Campbell and got ucl Sanchez for half the price and he does the same job for me beside sif vvd, used prime Ferdinand last year he was very good but his other cards lack the physicality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

wonski wrote: »
    IMHO the only thing Vardy is doing well is running.

At this stage of fifa there must be a better replacement fo icon van Basten than Vardy ;)

No doubt about. I've just struggled to find a striker up front with the same work rate and speed who can head the ball. I have potm auba but he is just too lazy when he is playing the lone striker and that is how I play.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Anyone use both?

Haven't played much but I like UCL Sanchez, tis a pity because I bought him for 175k and cheapest BIN on xbox is just shy of 400k!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

No doubt about. I've just struggled to find a striker up front with the same work rate and speed who can head the ball. I have potm auba but he is just too lazy when he is playing the lone striker and that is how I play.

Some players just need the 2nd striker beside them.
    I was cursing myself for wasting 400k or so on potm Aub..he was doing absolutely nothing for me, Hazard at LF was scoring all the goals.
    Got prime Zola, switched to a 2 striker formation and after a few games it was like switching bloody Aub on or something.
    Now himself and Zola up front are absolutely lethal and I couldn't consider dropping Aub for any other player. I even used 88 Raul and Henry and it just wasn't the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Just got UEL rttf Ben yedder in the premium la liga SBC. Has anyone used him? Have futmas rodrigo and futswap gameiro so don't know how il shoehorn him into the team ha. Pity they are all untradable!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Two up top with Ben yedder playing cam?

ImANoob08 wrote: »

frakkin Ben Yedder..the frakker always scores against me.
    That rttf card looks damn sweet and Marshall was raving about it as well.

Hate Ben yedder but might buy one in case he gets through a few rounds of the Europa

• Advertisement

ImANoob08 wrote:

Ya I might chance that. Was playing a 442 but will change to a 41212 formation to slot him in. I liked his IF card. Even his standard card seems very good. Looking forward to trying him out now.

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    ImANoob08 wrote:

Ya I might chance that. Was playing a 442 but will change to a 41212 formation to slot him in. I liked his IF card. Even his standard card seems very good. Looking forward to trying him out now.

Or what chem would they have if you played the 4-3-2-1 with the right and left forwards, Would they be sitting at seven?

Edit: only at 5 chem as the right and left forwards so not really an option

ImANoob08 wrote:
    Or what chem would they have if you played the 4-3-2-1 with the right and left forwards, Would they be sitting at seven?

Just tried it there, they'd be sitting on 7 chem for me. Will try both formations tomorrow and see how I get on. Thanks for the advice noob.

Did the loan Raul to see if its worth trading in my Zola for.
    He'll have to be out of this world as he will basically cost me nearly 2mill including Zola and I doubt it very much.
    I see some people calling prime Zola a low level icon.
    He's far far from that. For what he cost he's been the best pound for pound icon I've ever had in any fifa game including Costa, Shev, Del Piero, Hernandez, Owen, Van Basten, Shearer, Ballack.
    I'm sorry I wasted 1.8mill on ballack. He's essentially taken over Fabinho's role now that Pogba's beside him and I'd be more inclined to use Ballack for Raul's icon rather than Zola.
    If I had known Raul's icon was incoming instead of Crespo as we all thought I would have waited for that instead of doing Ballack.

My right wing was still iffy so said to hell with it and bought IF Salah. Will see how he gets on later on after I finish work and get a game or two in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

83’s have dropped to 1.7 now meaning the totw sbc can be done for about 16/17k.

(You need 9 83’s and 2 82’s)

Bear in mind, these can be saved for other weeks!

I’m going to stack a few up, yes I know the pack weight is rubbish but it’s a 6k risk, assuming you’ll be completing icon or potm sbc’s you will need IF’s and the absolute cheapest they can be bought for is 10k.

So worse case scenario, you get a crap player you don’t want, it saves you 10k off a icon or potm sbc and you’ve only lost 6k here but obviously had the chance of getting a really good player for that 6k loss

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Hogey007 wrote: »
    83’s have dropped to 1.7 now meaning the totw sbc can be done for about 16/17k.

(You need 9 83’s and 2 82’s)

Bear in mind, these can be saved for other weeks!

I’m going to stack a few up, yes I know the pack weight is rubbish but it’s a 6k risk, assuming you’ll be completing icon or potm sbc’s you will need IF’s and the absolute cheapest they can be bought for is 10k.

So worse case scenario, you get a crap player you don’t want, it saves you 10k off a icon or potm sbc and you’ve only lost 6k here but obviously had the chance of getting a really good player for that 6k loss

And Ronaldo has just got a second goal, I can see 83’s shooting back up if Ronaldo gets a 3rd as everyone will be stacking these for Wednesday

To everyone worried about not being able to make it out of div 5 in rivals don't be.

I'm in div 4 and just played a guy who was 2 up at 35mins and time wasted the rest of the game...

Getting absolutely zero enjoyment out of rivals now.

To everyone worried about not being able to make it out of div 5 in rivals don't be.

I'm in div 4 and just played a guy who was 2 up at 35mins and time wasted the rest of the game...

I played two weeks in division 2 and I honestly can't say it filled me with any joy at all. I comfertably got rank 1 that wasn't a problem it's just boring it's just a longer version of weekend league in a way I much preferred season's last year but of course the rewards are better in rivals.

jayo26 wrote: »

I played two weeks in division 2 and I honestly can't say it filled me with any joy at all. I comfertably got rank 1 that wasn't a problem it's just boring it's just a longer version of weekend league in a way I much preferred season's last year but of course the rewards are better in rivals.

Ah yeah I do grand it, but as you said it feels like so much more effort to get a few packs.

Atleast in div5 you could just go hell for leather at each other and it be like 5-6 and still enjoy it!

People take rivals far too seriously in the higher divs.

Also doesn't help I'm an average player with a good team through luck so I end up playing class teams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Does the gameplay feel sluggish for anyone else today

not for WL mode anyway.

Blazer wrote: »
    not for WL mode anyway.

Did about 12 packs for next week but that looks like it’s gonna be even worse.
    Frak it. I’d never last anyway with all those unopened packs in my queue :)

Out of 12 packs the highest I got was Perrin.
    What a farce.

Blazer wrote: »
    Out of 12 packs the highest I got was Perrin.
    What a farce.

Why didn't you wait until next week?

I opened all this week, too, but should have kept them until next Wednesday.

wonski wrote: »
    Why didn't you wait until next week?

I opened all this week, too, but should have kept them until next Wednesday.

Have you seen the results.
    It will be another crap totw.

Firmino, Ronaldo, Milik.

Chelsea, City and United haven't played yet.

I would say a better chance of something good next week, unless this weekend games don't count?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Yea not sure what you've seen blazer. The next totw is shaping up to be one of the best.

Yep lukaku too after his hatrick tomorrow.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Yep lukaku too after his hatrick tomorrow.

lol oh lol...

forgot about the liverpool result..ah meh..I can just buy him.

I absolutely hate playing vanilla gold teams. The scripting just becomes ridiculously overbalanced in their favour..same **** all this week.
    From now on in weekend league if I see a vanilla team I'm pulling my network lead out..frakking bull.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement