Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Anyone have the YouTube link to they video please, that guy blocked me in the summer when England lost, couldn't take a joke

What was the joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

wonski wrote: »
    What was the joke?

Specky just being Specky I'd imagine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

RossieMan wrote: »
    Doing Rui Costa myself. Tried Keane's loan card and like some others here he's just not worth it. Costa was a rock for me last year so will throw him into a CM role and take out Zola. Just doesn't agree with me I'm afraid. Hopefully a decent icon SBC soon and I'll dispatch of him.

poor Zola...I must play you this week and see how you use him.
    there's not a chance I'll ever be getting rid of him. Even Raul is hit and miss but I'm so used to Zola and how to best use him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Packed a Belgian IF from a normal upgrade this morning. :)

I reckon I can do either Costa or Campbell for round 400k (before pack rewards). But not sure which to do.

Costa was amazing last year, but that also means I used him a lot last year. Campbell would be new to try, but thus an unknown.

Campbell would replace either Tah or Akanji (or maybe be used briefly in a 3 or 5 at the back). Costa would likely play in a CM role, behind Zola, beside Keane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Did two more PL upgrades this morning...

How a ya kante ya beauty

• Advertisement

Does kante need a bigger cdm beside him or is he alright on his own?

I'm currently playing....

UCL LLORIS
    FUTMAS Valencia, SIF VVD, Sanchez, RTTF Alonso.
    Fabiniho
    FUTMAS torreria, FUTSWAP Lalana
    FUTMAS Firminho
    SIF Salah, POTM Aubem

Am I better off dropping fabiniho or torreria?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

My opinion on midfielders is you can get away with one short but if you have two big all the better. the place you notice it more then anythingis at corners one of your midfielders is always guarding near edge of six yard box and whenever I've two midfielders over 6 foot i know im rarely ever going to concede from corners.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Does kante need a bigger cdm beside him or is he alright on his own?

I'm currently playing....

UCL LLORIS
    FUTMAS Valencia, SIF VVD, Sanchez, RTTF Alonso.
    Fabiniho
    FUTMAS torreria, FUTSWAP Lalana
    FUTMAS Firminho
    SIF Salah, POTM Aubem

Am I better off dropping fabiniho or torreria?

I'd drop Torreira

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Did two more PL upgrades this morning...

How a ya kante ya beauty

Great pull, anything else from these upgrades is a bonus now, whatever happens it’ll have been worth it.
    And yeah I’d agree with swapping him for Torreira and I’d start working on the keane sbc to replace lallana, you might get some nice untradeable cards from these to help with keane sbc.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Packed a Belgian IF from a normal upgrade this morning. :)

I reckon I can do either Costa or Campbell for round 400k (before pack rewards). But not sure which to do.

Costa was amazing last year, but that also means I used him a lot last year. Campbell would be new to try, but thus an unknown.

Campbell would replace either Tah or Akanji (or maybe be used briefly in a 3 or 5 at the back). Costa would likely play in a CM role, behind Zola, beside Keane.

I used both costa and Campbell in weekend league last week and my opinion was, I preferred ucl Sanchez over Campbell and I preferred futmas kdb over rui costa.

If you’re going to use costa in a deeper midfield role I’d lean towards Campbell as I think rui costa needs to be in the CAM role to really make the most of his finesse shots.

The other thing I like about Campbell is he allows me extra options in defense, I can use him and keane to get full chem on sbc tierney at left back or I can use Campbell and kante to get full chem on TIF lala at right back.

• Advertisement

Oh and one other thing for anyone doing the icon sbc’s, obviously you won’t pack everything you need and will have to pick up a couple of 87’s.

87’s are at the lowest they’ve been now in a while, immobile, icardi, hamsik, koulibaly all around 25k for nice serie a links

88’s can be got for 35k, insigne, casemero cheapest.

These were all closer to 45k a week ago and if a good icon sbc drops again in a week or 2 these will all shoot up again.

86’s as cheap as 15k, they were 20k+

So it’s def a good time to complete costa, keane or Campbell sbc’s.

My thing is I have enough in my club to complete the 85 rated squad.

I also have enough If's to cover everything needed for an icon, along with that I have the world class part of Campbell's already done.

With 350k in the bank and still having a good few 85's left over I think I could do it with the coins I have in the bank (350k) but I'm not 100% so it's making me unease about going hard at it.

It would also leave with a tiny bank of about 200k assuming I sell off my whole trade pile....

My thing is I have enough in my club to complete the 85 rated squad.

I also have enough If's to cover everything needed for an icon, along with that I have the world class part of Campbell's already done.

With 350k in the bank and still having a good few 85's left over I think I could do it with the coins I have in the bank (350k) but I'm not 100% so it's making me unease about going hard at it.

It would also leave with a tiny bank of about 200k assuming I sell off my whole trade pile....

If it’s not something you feel happy to do I’d hold, try a few more upgrades, if you get an 88 or something to help you out you could reassess, but no I wouldn’t gut your club to do it.

It’s always handy to have coins to spare

I was able to do the first 6 of Cambpell's SBCs for about 30k. Futbin saying it will cost me bout 400k to finish him, minus any pack rewards.

I've actually had some really good days trading recently. Making bout 40-50k a day, flipping United players and Vardy. So I'm gonna finish Sol now, knowing I can make the 400k back over the next two weeks. I'd also have about 900k left too, and am tempted to try a new attacker out with that. RVN or Bergkamp top of the list currently.

Decided to do the Keane SBC. As much as I love Pogba in midfield he's costing me games as I'm being too flamboyant with him.
    Did the 87 squad and got Aguero so that's 230k back straightaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Blazer wrote:
    Decided to do the Keane SBC. As much as I love Pogba in midfield he's costing me games as I'm being too flamboyant with him. Did the 87 squad and got Aguero so that's 230k back straightaway.

Your pack luck is insane.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Your pack luck is insane.

Yeah this year it’s been crazy. Without a doubt the best ever. Next year it will probably be Kawagas all around :)

So far so good with Keane....he's excellent at intercepting the ball..as long as you don't try any fancy stuff like dribbling and shooting with him he'll do the job.
    Zola..what can I say..12 games 15 goals this weekend. The man is an absolute beast of a card (forgot to say I use him with hawk at ST).

If United keep this up we could very easily see a rashford IF, pogba and lingard playing very well as well but pogba can't get another next week

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Surely Pogba has to get back to back IF's

Still 60 mins to play aswell.

• Advertisement

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Surely Pogba has to get back to back IF's

Still 60 mins to play aswell.

Yeah he might, 4 goals in this gameweek already, people say you can’t get back to back IF’s but alessandrini got back to back IF’s at the tail end of fifa 18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Yeah he might, 4 goals in this gameweek already, people say you can’t get back to back IF’s but alessandrini got back to back IF’s at the tail end of fifa 18

It's not that they can't it's just so rare but he has a great chance.

jayo26 wrote: »
    It's not that they can't it's just so rare but he has a great chance.

Yeah when alessandrini got his back to back it was when most leagues had finished up so a lot less options.

They might just give it to rashford this week

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Just pulled rttf kondogbia in the untradeable packs!! Very lucky pack pulls this weekend!!

Bah, 13-17

I was on 11-16 before I did Sol, thought I’d try him out in the last three. Won two, dared to dream and then lost the last :(

The guy in the final game sent me a message when he went two up, begging me to leave, lol. Said he needed the win for G1.

Funnest match though was the 13th win. He went tow up quickly and then started wasting time from the 20th minute, watching all celebrations and replays, etc. put five past him after the 70th :D

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Bah, 13-17

I was on 11-16 before I did Sol, thought I’d try him out in the last three. Won two, dared to dream and then lost the last :(

The guy in the final game sent me a message when he went two up, begging me to leave, lol. Said he needed the win for G1.

Funnest match though was the 13th win. He went tow up quickly and then started wasting time from the 20th minute, watching all celebrations and replays, etc. put five past him after the 70th :D

12-8 myself at the mo hoping to get to 14 wins was hoping to get all 30 done this weekend but can't see it happening.

Only second weekend league last finished 15-9 so much the same

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Been working towards Rui Costa all evening with the upgrade method video posted a few pages ago.

Just have the 84, 85 and 86 squads left to complete. Packed a ridiculous amount of quality tonight.

Courtois twice, RTTF Kondogbia and a good few IFs of various ratings. Still have a lot of them to put into Rui Costa, and I haven’t even opened the tradeable packs I got for him so far.

Can’t wait to try that Kondogbia now, looking forward to using him even more than Rui Costa himself. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Opened the packs you get for pre ordering the game and packed Salah. Nice one, had got sweet **** all from the before this.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Finished 17_12 hard going getting all the games in. Don't know how some of ye do it most weeks. Enjoyed it though only met one or 2 people who watched replays and no time wasters. So not too bad

• Advertisement

Yeah 30 games over 3 days doesn't appeal to me.
    Got my 14 wins from 21 games and stopped at that.
    Got a nice few who quit as soon as I went 1-0 up..what a waste of a game but I wasn't complaining.
    One game I was down 3-0 at half time and his CR7 was ripping me apart.
    Came back to 3-3 right at end of full time and won 5-3 in extra time. This is why I don't quit games!!
    Keane is doing great for me which allows me to give a bit more freedom to Ballack who's scoring some important goals for me.
    Also Salah on the RW..should have signed him ages ago..he's bloody awesome with a hunter card on him.
    Timed finishing has definitely been nerfed a small bit but with Hazard and Salah on the wings both cutting in to finesse it into the net it still does the trick.

I'm definitely getting used to Raul and he's a lethal goalscorer.
    But there's no way he's worth 1.2million plus Zola for him..But the 2 of them paired together are bloody amazing.
    I need some more lucky pulls :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement