Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Salah strong Favourite for potm so I grabbed a few elneny for 450/500, regardless of if they’re needed, these will rise a bit in the hype.

Had about 5 hegazi bought at 400 too before I realized West Bromwich weren’t in the premier league anymore! :D
    Still might see a small rise as there isn’t too many gold Egyptian players to choose from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Would love salah inform to be needed but I can't see it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

When I packed the SIF Salah he was going for 1.2mil coins no way would I trade that in for a POTM unless I just needed him and the POTM card was a striker

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Salah's highest IF is currently around the 1m mark. A POTM would be ludicrously expensive, i'd say.

Yeah I reckon the salah potm would be very expensive as it’d be 91 rated I guess?

I’d only be interested if it was rw not striker, but even at that, I suspect the cost would be around a million and I’d sooner buy Best than spend 1mil on an untradeable.

(I’ve been threatening to get Best for a while, just waiting to see if he’s in the next batch of icons as I now have an icon to trade in, which will be needed for him)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Yeah I reckon the salah potm would be very expensive as it’d be 91 rated I guess?

I’d only be interested if it was rw not striker, but even at that, I suspect the cost would be around a million and I’d sooner buy Best than spend 1mil on an untradeable.

(I’ve been threatening to get Best for a while, just waiting to see if he’s in the next batch of icons as I now have an icon to trade in, which will be needed for him)

Well his first IF is around 500k.
    If he got potm he would go to 92 rated since he already has a 90 rated ST card.
    I actually rate Salah’s base card better than Best.
    Obviously Best has better dribbling and 4* weak foot but Salah coming in off the right wing on his left foot and finessing into the top corner is far more valuable. He scored some great goals for me at the weekend doing exactly this. I’ve used 88 and 90 rated Best and found Salah better.

The bargain-hunter in me is looking at the UCL Live card for James Rodriquez and wondering why he's a 90 rated CAM, with really good passing and shooting stats, and the potential to increase....

....and is "only" 155k currently.

I'm, in a way, sorry I didn't do the Rues SBCs as they've come up, along with Sancho and Flashback Gotze. The Bundesliga looks a real goldmine this year thanks to the SBCs, but I missed some of the key ones early.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The bargain-hunter in me is looking at the UCL Live card for James Rodriquez and wondering why he's a 90 rated CAM, with really good passing and shooting stats, and the potential to increase....

....and is "only" 155k currently.

I'm, in a way, sorry I didn't do the Rues SBCs as they've come up, along with Sancho and Flashback Gotze. The Bundesliga looks a real goldmine this year thanks to the SBCs, but I missed some of the key ones early.

It’s probably because they’re playing Liverpool at Anfield and not expected to win.
    Depending on the result he could jump big time after that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

After I finished the Rui Costa SBC, I spent most of the night trying to find a way to fit RTTF Kondogbia into my team because I have him as an untradeable and his stats are downright insane, can’t afford not to use him. Still no luck though, even if I bought Varane who’s a green link, there are no quality players to put around them that’d fit into my current squad, I’d have to gut it and start over.

I have RTTF SMS, RTTF Alonso and RTTF Tah as well as him but I can only get Alonso into my team at the minute. Has anyone managed to get Kondogbia, Alonso and SMS into the same team with perfect chemistry with only one Icon? I’m stumped tbh.

martyos121 wrote: »
    After I finished the Rui Costa SBC, I spent most of the night trying to find a way to fit RTTF Kondogbia into my team because I have him as an untradeable and his stats are downright insane, can’t afford not to use him. Still no luck though, even if I bought Varane who’s a green link, there are no quality players to put around them that’d fit into my current squad, I’d have to gut it and start over.

I have RTTF SMS, RTTF Alonso and RTTF Tah as well as him but I can only get Alonso into my team at the minute. Has anyone managed to get Kondogbia, Alonso and SMS into the same team with perfect chemistry with only one Icon? I’m stumped tbh.

Would matuidi help link kondogbia and SMS??

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    Well his first IF is around 500k.
    If he got potm he would go to 92 rated since he already has a 90 rated ST card.
    I actually rate Salah’s base card better than Best.
    Obviously Best has better dribbling and 4* weak foot but Salah coming in off the right wing on his left foot and finessing into the top corner is far more valuable. He scored some great goals for me at the weekend doing exactly this. I’ve used 88 and 90 rated Best and found Salah better.

Cool, I might pick up salahs base or first IF and try him out, will give me an idea before the sbc comes out and both will probably rise a bit in the hype so I can sell on after trying.

I currently use otw mahrez and find him very good but have a little money now to try out something new.
    Will be keeping mahrez regardless until the winter upgrades as he’s bound to get an increase

Will rttf Kondongia’s card change when his new card is released with the new nationality?

Would matuidi help link kondogbia and SMS??

Might be easier if I show the team and formation to give a sense of what I’m trying to do:

oEzLCOI.jpg

So the formation isn’t negotiable beyond what it is now, apart from a 4-1-2-1-2 narrow which could also accommodate everyone (I have those two formations pretty much mastered and won’t be learning another one, but a 4-2-3-1 wide could be an option with the right players). The only players I won’t drop from that lineup are Rui Costa, Alonso, UCL Eriksen and IF Werner (unless I upgrade to SIF or TIF Werner of course). I have RTTF Kondogbia and SMS on the bench and ideally I’d love to be starting both with 10 chem, but not if I have to take Eriksen out, nearly all my goals go through him in one way or another. Also have Courtois, Fabinho and RTTF Tah as untradeables that I can’t fit in, but I can cope without them.

Only have around 200k left including my trade pile after doing Rui Costa, so I can’t afford to buy all the meta players like Varane and Van Dijk to link the squad up, I could only afford one top player, I’ll have to sell Lewandowski, OTW Alisson and OTW Witsel to fund any more top players.

If anyone could figure out a better squad than I have from all that, I’d be most grateful. My head is wrecked trying to make it work. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Not a master builder at all but I'd sell Allison as I don't find him good at all and bring in lloris

Take out one of the center backs for varane and then bring in kondogbia and matuidi?

Would drop erikson to a lower chem unless you bring in Kane maybe?

Might be easier if I show the team and formation to give a sense of what I’m trying to do:

oEzLCOI.jpg

So the formation isn’t negotiable beyond what it is now, apart from a 4-1-2-1-2 narrow which could also accommodate everyone (I have those two formations pretty much mastered and won’t be learning another one, but a 4-2-3-1 wide could be an option with the right players). The only players I won’t drop from that lineup are Rui Costa, Alonso, UCL Eriksen and IF Werner (unless I upgrade to SIF or TIF Werner of course). I have RTTF Kondogbia and SMS on the bench and ideally I’d love to be starting both with 10 chem, but not if I have to take Eriksen out, nearly all my goals go through him in one way or another. Also have Courtois, Fabinho and RTTF Tah as untradeables that I can’t fit in, but I can cope without them.

Only have around 200k left including my trade pile after doing Rui Costa, so I can’t afford to buy all the meta players like Varane and Van Dijk to link the squad up, I could only afford one top player, I’ll have to sell Lewandowski, OTW Alisson and OTW Witsel to fund any more top players.

If anyone could figure out a better squad than I have from all that, I’d be most grateful. My head is wrecked trying to make it work. :pac:

It’ll def require some outside the box thinking, dropping a striker back to cm and switching in game, given the nationalities and variety of leagues I don’t think it’d be possible to have all of Werner, eriksen, kondogbia and savic in your starting attack & midfield,

I’ll have a play around on futbin, is meunier tradeable?

It’ll def require some outside the box thinking, dropping a striker back to cm and switching in game, given the nationalities and variety of leagues I don’t think it’d be possible to have all of Werner, eriksen, kondogbia and savic in your starting attack & midfield,

Gut your defense.
    Built Spanish /la Liga backline with Courtois in goals and maybe Ramos alongside Alonso.
    List what your tradeables and untradeables are to give us a better idea.

This should help you out, witsel drops to 8 chemistry and lewa stays on 8 as you already had but you get to keep Werner on 10, kondogbia on 10 and I feel have much improved defense, just set your in game tactics to switch Werner to striker, costa to cam and witsel to cm, you’ll just need to bring on savic as a sub (there’s no way to get him in without sacrificing eriksen or Werner)

You’ll just need to buy umtitti (75k) and lala SIF (45k) but can sell Alison otw.

This should help you out, witsel drops to 8 chemistry and lewa stays on 8 as you already had but you get to keep Werner on 10, kondogbia on 10 and I feel have much improved defense, just set your in game tactics to switch Werner to striker, costa to cam and witsel to cm, you’ll just need to bring on savic as a sub (there’s no way to get him in without sacrificing eriksen or Werner)

You’ll just need to buy umtitti (75k) and lala SIF (45k) but can sell Alison otw.

3-FB00-A14-3-C71-45-A6-BF5-D-A254-B43-FC80-A.png

Gone off Valencia as a RB, he’s been costing me goals and losing the ball all weekend so dumping him and brought in 88 Zanetti.
    Will see how that goes

Thanks a lot Hogey, that’s some brilliant work you’ve done there. Yeah Meunier is tradeable, bought him very early on so I’ll actually make a profit by replacing him with Lala. I was just thinking there, if I drop Witsel out of the team for now and put Muller into that spot as a striker, wouldn’t that get himself and Lewa on 10 chem? Then switch Muller out for Sergej at kickoff. Puel as a Bundesliga manager and everyone is on 10.

I’m excited to try that out now. :)

• Advertisement

Jayo, you used Socrates, right?

Am tempted to give Baby Socrates a whirl as a striker this weekend. Or maybe shift Zola to striker, and Soc as a CAM.

Thanks a lot Hogey, that’s some brilliant work you’ve done there. Yeah Meunier is tradeable, bought him very early on so I’ll actually make a profit by replacing him with Lala. I was just thinking there, if I drop Witsel out of the team for now and put Muller into that spot as a striker, wouldn’t that get himself and Lewa on 10 chem? Then switch Muller out for Sergej at kickoff. Puel as a Bundesliga manager and everyone is on 10.

I’m excited to try that out now. :)

No bothers, yeah good thinking on muller, I wasn’t sure if witsel was someone you wanted to keep in your 11, with muller you don’t even need to switch Werner to cam as the German link to Werner keeps him on 10 as a striker

(Goretzka brings you the same chem as muller if you’re going to be subbing out anyway, save you a few coins)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Jayo, you used Socrates, right?

Am tempted to give Baby Socrates a whirl as a striker this weekend. Or maybe shift Zola to striker, and Soc as a CAM.

I used his 89 card mate he is very good great height and stamina and pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

This should link it

https://youtu.be/tuQbjFuMRFQ

Thanks for the link never taught of trying this for an icon. I have done the first 5 Roy Keane sbc's so far and made 2k profit from using upgrades and untradables but I have the 3 most expensive still to complete.

Did ea just deliver the biggest wind up to fifa 19 by dropping a 4 prime icon pack for free to everyone one fifa 18? :D

F6-C35-EE7-8-E03-4-E57-BA7-A-1-A1-F5-CFC1-B0-E.jpg

DB7-E26-DA-B170-46-DB-A520-1-FDAD45-C1-F29.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

In one of the strangest moves by EA (and there’s been a lot), this evening they gifted everybody Four Free Icons but on FIFA 18

Baffling

The Icons are Shevchenko, Desailey, Van Der Sar and Laudraup

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

They've lost it.

Wonder was there intention to get people to log in and see their old teams versus what they have now cos my god I forgot how good mine was!!

04-C66173-84-CE-4-AB5-8-F29-A0-C9-F1-DFB816.jpgphoto upload website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭Guffy

Please tell me this unbearable lag is just me!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement