Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

4-2 today to bring me to 14-14 after yesterday’s horror show.

Going to complete tevez sbc later, used his loan in 7 matches (3 as sub) he returned 8 goals and 7 assists.

He won’t displace potm auba or futmas kdb (in Cam) but at that price it’s a no brainer for me, effectively getting me 2 players as now I can use sbc pavon too.

Can switch up team here and there or use him as sub.

Plus handy to have the argie links for when I pack toty Messi this week :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

And 0-5 puts an end to the Golden dream. Bloody hell, mauled this morning.
    ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Are icons really worth the money or is it just the fact their icons that people want them?

I mean how much better is a icon going to be over the likes of..

POTM AUBU, SIF Salah, kante or SIF VVD?

For me, it’s a few things. One, they link with anything and everything. So you can use weird players from weird leagues with them,

Two...nah, they aren’t much better than the others you list, but they are harder to achieve and give you something to strive towards. Fact is, the players you mention will still be top tier come the end of the game, but do you really want to lock in your team so early? They provide a goal for the long term grind.

Plus, you can use those players in normal seasons. You can’t use icons, so they can be fun to use in that exclusivity manner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Haven't got to play this weekend because have been as sick as a dog with bug so sold up my entire team this morning for 7 million going to take few weeks off and come back in March or so, I really need to get past chapter 2 of rdr2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Redzer7 wrote:
    Thinking of switching IF Kante for Prime Zola what do you think Rossie? I know they say if it's not broke don't fix it but really want to try that Zola out.

Zola for Pogba if you're doing that switch, Kante is just such an animal you can't not have him.

Blazer wrote:
    Rossie, are you using 451 or switching in game? Also what’s your custom tactics, are they default?

Switch to 4-1-2-1-2 in game. Hazard and Auba as my ST, Son as CAM.
    Custom tactics are pressure under heavy touch and fast build up. My players are ****ed each match but it's the best I found.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

^^ that's the 2nd one isn't it? 41212 (2)?

Was doing the weekly objective of winning 2 games in squad battles on legendary for the hunter chemistry when I seen a rep of Ireland based team, don’t recall having seen one in squad battles in fifa 19 so went to look at the team and seen the team name :D

You can dress us up but you can bring us nowhere!!!

3998631-A-CF31-4519-B805-DA27-FBB11-B56.jpg

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Was doing the weekly objective of winning 2 games in squad battles on legendary for the hunter chemistry when I seen a rep of Ireland based team, don’t recall having seen one in squad battles in fifa 19 so went to look at the team and seen the team name :D

You can dress us up but you can bring us nowhere!!!

3998631-A-CF31-4519-B805-DA27-FBB11-B56.jpg

weird..I wasn't seeing any link in your post until I quoted it...stupid boards.
    Still can't it..what was it called?
    Nevermind it shows on safari...lol.
    They really don't filter these names..they was one last week called IRapeWomen ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Lads, quick question - how many of you are playing in FUT Champions every weekend? I still only have about 1,600 of the 2,000 points need to qualify. The rewards looks good - am I not doing something that I should be to rack up those points? I play in rivals but I’m not great, think I’m in div 6 so only get 50 points for a win and I don’t win all my matches. Should I just tighten up my play to increase my division in rivals so I get more points for a win? My team isn’t bad but I feel like I should be able to win more games online than I do :-(

Blazer wrote: »
    weird..I wasn't seeing any link in your post until I quoted it...stupid boards.
    Still can't it..what was it called?
    Nevermind it shows on safari...lol.
    They really don't filter these names..they was one last week called IRapeWomen ffs.

Jesus Christ how did that one get in?? You’d imagine there’d be some filter to catch that!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Arciphel wrote: »
    Lads, quick question - how many of you are playing in FUT Champions every weekend? I still only have about 1,600 of the 2,000 points need to qualify. The rewards looks good - am I not doing something that I should be to rack up those points? I play in rivals but I’m not great, think I’m in div 6 so only get 50 points for a win and I don’t win all my matches. Should I just tighten up my play to increase my division in rivals so I get more points for a win? My team isn’t bad but I feel like I should be able to win more games online than I do :-(

What's your team?

Arciphel wrote: »

Once you qualify once it’s much easier to stay in it as you get 1000 qualification points for winning 6 matches in weekend league and 2000 points for winning 11 or more.
    Qualifying initially is a tough slog but just keep plugging away cos once you get in once you’ll find it easier to qualify again

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

11-11 so far this weekend, usually the more I play the more I get better but I feel the opposite sometimes playing this FIFA :o

Struggling with custom tactics and constantly changing formations isn't helping :pac:

Jesus Christ how did that one get in?? You’d imagine there’d be some filter to catch that!

sure in last year in the very first Squad Battles there was one called Fritzl Palace..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Does anyone else feel like the better your team the worse you play

Full special team, icons, in forms, CL cards etc and my team plays like a team of drunks

Won't tackle, clears the ball towards their own goal even when aiming the opposite direction, shots constantly hitting the posts

Most games I have around 15 shots with 8 on target and I conceded maybe 5 on target shots yet constantly lose like 4-1

Might rage sell up and just get normal cards

It's always back to the same question this year, do you use timed finishing?

Even yellow timed shots are far more effective than not having them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

RossieMan wrote: »
    It's always back to the same question this year, do you use timed finishing?

Even yellow timed shots are far more effective than not having them on.

Yes I have been using it although I'm not used to it fully.

Timed finishing dosnt explain the tackling or my clearances going the opposite direction to where I'm aiming.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Timed finishing is basically the only game mechanic you need to master, and it's kinda too simple for how powerful it is. Watch some videos of players who get top 100 on YouTube and it is basically a game of who can get their player into a position to time finesse mainly using la croqueta.

There's no reward for setting up a side tactically well or playing a different style of football. If you want to be good at FIFA there is only one way to play.

I seriously miss the gameplay of Pro Evo but they just don't offer the same level of interest over the course of a game. MyClub (the PES UT) is absolutely terrible so it basically leaves you playing seasons and master league (the PES career mode). 3v3 online can be good fun but it's not gonna hold you interest over the course of a year.

Pro Evo gameplay with the FIFA bells and whistles along with the money EA put into UT and we'd have a hell of a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Kimbot wrote: »
    What's your team?

Here tis...

Pvxltlb.jpg

Subs bench ...

VrNIXE9.png?1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I 100% notice **** like that. And I try and tell myself its psychological.

But I do feel there's times when my team just refuse to make runs, or misplace everything, or blast shots wide from 2 yards out, and there's nothing I can do about it. And I do feel the "better" a team I make, the harder I have to fight that sort of thing.

• Advertisement

What I do is change up the play.
    Keep the ball as much as possible, slow down the play and only make short passes for 10 mins or so of game time. It normally balances it out then afterwards I find in the 2nd half etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Finished up on 18 wins from 29 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

4-1-2-1-2 with the cdm two cm's and cam just isn't working for me anymore, can't make chances so have gone back to the 4-2-4 And I'm scoring goals for fun again

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    4-1-2-1-2 with the cdm two cm's and cam just isn't working for me anymore, can't make chances so have gone back to the 4-2-4 And I'm scoring goals for fun again

I keep going back to it as well. By far the best formation for me this year and the most fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Is it worth pushing for Gold 1 this weekend or is TOTW gonna be crap? Only 7-3. SO it would be a big sweat.

Lamposts wrote: »
    Is it worth pushing for Gold 1 this weekend or is TOTW gonna be crap? Only 7-3. SO it would be a big sweat.

When you see the rewards people get for gold 1 etc I highly doubt it. The thought of having to play another 13 games at least would seriously put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Blazer wrote: »
    When you see the rewards people get for gold 1 etc I highly doubt it. The thought of having to play another 13 games at least would seriously put me off.

Yep. I'm stopping at GOLD 3. Just lost to a guy that had one shot on target and won. Game is so infuriating.

its worth it this week only for TOTY.

its almost impossible to pack one being honest, but more packs give you a better chance, right?

currently 22-3. Top 100 probably going to be 25 wins by the looks.

Do the ucl live get the winter upgrades?

I have SIF vvd, it would cost about 200k at present to sell him and buy ucl live vvd, but I’m hoping that if he gets in toty, the price of his ucl live card drops a bit in the panic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Do the ucl live get the winter upgrades?

I have SIF vvd, it would cost about 200k at present to sell him and buy ucl live vvd, but I’m hoping that if he gets in toty, the price of his ucl live card drops a bit in the panic.

No just the inform would get the winter upgrade.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement