Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

No just the inform would get the winter upgrade.

Ok, thanks. Very mixed opinion on this on twitter, glad I checked in here so.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,088 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Ended on 17 wins with 2 games left for my best Weekend League so far and that’s without using timed finishing. I don’t think it should be in the game so am not going to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

25-5 myself. Just sitting in top 100 at the minute, probalby won't hang on until the morning but Elite 2 isnt a bad finish, even on PC.

anybody still moaning about timed finishing is just a dinosaur. its broken, yes. but its helping to create a skill gap to the top players. You also probably never move your keeper. Helps massively to stop the effectiveness of timed shots. Can be annoying when you move them too far though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

How is it helping to create a skill gap?

It's a broken mechanic which is just being abused...

The skill gap should come from the players who actually know how to play football. It's frustrating doing the right things footballing wise and getting beat by a stupid mechanic.

Even now I'm playing 4-2-4 and getting wins. If you played that in real life the team would be mauled

FIFA isn't trying to be real football. I think that's where people go wrong.
    Of course it creates a skill gap, it's actually fairly hard to get perfect greens every time. Red finishing shouldn't be going in, but they do.

You'd be hammered with 4-2-4 against any decent player being honest. You might win 1 in 10.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Rossie I think I enjoyed your posts more when you were only playing for 12 wins. 25 wins has gone straight to your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

Finished on 17-11. Had some very easy wins on the finishing stretch. Won my last 5 in a row, having not gotten more than 3 wins up all weekend.
    Haven't been using timed finishing either, more so because I'm too lazy too learn it. It took me ages to switch from legacy to tactical defending in FIFA 15 too.
    Probably gonna finish Elite 2 in squad battles, so plenty of packs to open. Might increase my chances of a TOTY player by 0.00001% :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Timed finishing creates a skill gap lol lol lol

It removes the skill gap as you no longer need to breakdown your opponent to create chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

RossieMan wrote: »

You'd be hammered with 4-2-4 against any decent player being honest. You might win 1 in 10.

Rubbish man..in that case I'd only be getting 3 wins every weekend.
    I win about 70% of my wins at the weekend.
    The most games I've ever played has been 21 games in a single weekend and I won 17 of them so I think your thoughts about it are wrong.
    I imagine in the top tier yes definitely but I think I can pretty much hold my own against decent players.

FIFA isn't trying to be real football. I think that's where people go wrong.
    Of course it creates a skill gap, it's actually fairly hard to get perfect greens every time. Red finishing shouldn't be going in, but they do.

But fifa is a football game? Surly it's goal is to be as realistic as possible?? To say it's not trying to be real football just seems silly.

I'm not saying it's easy to master or whatever but it doesn't create a skill gap, well atleast not in the right way anyway.

• Advertisement

ImANoob08 wrote:
    I'm not saying it's easy to master or whatever but it doesn't create a skill gap, well atleast not in the right way anyway.

You're the only one trying to make any valid points so I'll only reply to your comments.

It's not real football though, it's a simulation. If it was exactly like real football it'd be boring. They have to introduce changes every year otherwise it gets boring. Timed finishing isn't the problem for me, it's the way the goalies react to the shots that's broken.

Have you played anyone who can move their goalie properly? It's almost impossible to score. Regardless of timed finishing.

If you look at the majority of people complaining each weekend here about not winning games due to hitting the post, they don't use timed finishing at all. It's there to give players who use it an advantage, EA aren't making you use it or not use it. They need to reintroduce low driven shots as an easier mechanic to use. Make another type of shot effective.

You're the only one trying to make any valid points so I'll only reply to your comments.

It's not real football though, it's a simulation. If it was exactly like real football it'd be boring. They have to introduce changes every year otherwise it gets boring. Timed finishing isn't the problem for me, it's the way the goalies react to the shots that's broken.

Have you played anyone who can move their goalie properly? It's almost impossible to score. Regardless of timed finishing.

If you look at the majority of people complaining each weekend here about not winning games due to hitting the post, they don't use timed finishing at all. It's there to give players who use it an advantage, EA aren't making you use it or not use it. They need to reintroduce low driven shots as an easier mechanic to use. Make another type of shot effective.

ah jesus man you want to to reintroduce another broken mechanic.
    There is already low driven shots in the game.
    I use timed finesse constantly now and its boring as hell. Every match is constantly the same.
    I occasionally mix it up to keep myself amused while watching my opponent spam the ball to his forward for a first time finesse shot..hell they don't even run with the ball.
    The fact is timed finesse is another broken mechanic same as low shots last year and it needs to be removed.

And you talk about moving your keeper.
    In the game we played last week you moved your keep De Gea and still Zola scored against you...twice.
    Timed finesse or normal finesse doesn't care whether you move your keeper or not..its still going in

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

With TOTY out today, do people think their will SBC's to complete for some of the players?

Blazer wrote:
    And you talk about moving your keeper. In the game we played last week you moved your keep De Gea and still Zola scored against you...twice. Timed finesse or normal finesse doesn't care whether you move your keeper or not..its still going in

I'm not good at moving my keeper. And those were the only goals you scored in your 4-2-4 formation. That's not the point. One game proves nothing for either of us.

When you move your keeper properly you save those timed finesse shots mostly. The big issue is keepers in the game. They need to sort them out. It's been years now and they still suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

With TOTY out today, do people think their will SBC's to complete for some of the players?

Def not for any of the toty players. They’ll be through packs only to get people spending big.

I did read a few people think that a toty nominee sbc is possible, someone who was nominated like say Kane but doesn’t make the team.
    Apparently there’s a toty nominee card in the database so people just speculating.
    If this did happen, I’d expect it wouldn’t get the same upgrade to stats as the toty cards and would be very costly sbc.

There won’t be anything today anyway, these promos always start off with packs first, if there was a really good sbc people would do that rather than pumping money into pack.
    Probably just see the upgrade sbc’s today if there’s any at all (12 premier league player etc that we seen a couple of weeks ago)

Keepers being ****e is a massive issue to be fair. I try move my keeper but I fear I do more damage than good.

I take your point of the game being boring if it was like real life and they have to draw people on but I think they've gone about it the wrong way. Broken mechanics and scripting (which is the worst mechanic I've ever experienced in a game in all my years of gaming)

I used timed finishing last night and scored from shots I should never have scored from with poor attempts yellow bars and the like, a bit of practice and I think I could be half decent with it but I just didn't enjoy it.

That mixed eith the fact div 4 is hell I managed 3 games before going back to cod.

Think I'll just play the odd weekend league now because I'm getting no joy out of the midweek games anymore.

Yeah keepers suck and always have.
    I prefer weekend league more than rivals. I barely play any rivals now, max 1-2 matches per night just to get rank2. I only ever dick around now during the week trying out different formations etc and crazy shots etc.

Is rivals being ****e EAs fault though? The community is the problem. Rivals is such a massive chore at division 4, imagine what it's like at division 2 and 1.
    The people playing the game is the problem. They'll always find something to abuse.

They definitely don't help themselves, but I think the community itself has a lot to answer for. Look at the world cup mode, we asked for icons. People spammed the packs and had it completed after a day practically. There is no pleasing people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

To be fair moving your keeper is an incredibly hard skill to get right. It's very effective at stopping the finesse shots but if you get caught doing it by someone who mixes up their shots you are beat. No problem with that though its risk vs reward.

Timed finesse needs to be removed though and I say that as someone who has it fairly well now. It breaks the game. If this was epic or any other big online game I'm fairly surely it would have been dealt with by now.

Like if they actually want this game to take off as an eSport they need to have a lot more variation in viable game styles. Nobody wants to watch two players spam one broken game mechanic game after game. Fifa must be a joke in the eSports world.

EA is a joke in the esport world, actually in the gaming world. The company is a joke. It's a massive pity pro evo can't get their **** together.

• Advertisement

Is rivals being ****e EAs fault though? The community is the problem. Rivals is such a massive chore at division 4, imagine what it's like at division 2 and 1.
    The people playing the game is the problem. They'll always find something to abuse.

They definitely don't help themselves, but I think the community itself has a lot to answer for. Look at the world cup mode, we asked for icons. People spammed the packs and had it completed after a day practically. There is no pleasing people.

agreed it completely killed the mode.
    Hell even my subs were icons I had so many.
    When you contrast it to the previous world cup mode you have to wonder what were EA thinking.
    Yep its a awful pity PES can't get their act together but its too late now.
    EA have all the licensing wrapped up for about 90% of the clubs and no one wants to dick around with custom files within PES so we're stuck with EA probably for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

It's not real football though, it's a simulation. If it was exactly like real football it'd be boring.

This is where we are going to disagree massively.

FIFA is a simulation of a real sport so it should bare resemblance to how that sport is actually played. In terms of simulation if you think about driving games EA see FIFA as closer to Gran Turismo than Mario Kart.

But FIFA is no simulation of football at the actual level of a game of football at the moment.

They wouldn't spend so much money on licences, stadiums, match over lays and player likenesses if realism wasn't their aim and they are smashing it in every category bar gameplay. I just don't think they know how to program a game that plays like a football match so they hide it behind all these gimmicks (timed shots, over the top and ridiculously easy skill moves) It leaves a game that's halfway between being the world's best football sim and a FIFA street sequel.

Pro Evo does a much better job at getting a game to play like a football match so it's doable. Pro Evo has many other issues mind but gameplay wise its ahead of FIFA.
    They have to introduce changes every year otherwise it gets boring. Timed finishing isn't the problem for me, it's the way the goalies react to the shots that's broken.

It should be to focus on improving what works and not adding in a gimmick that nobody asked for and most end up hating.

Problem is they’re using the frostbite engine. It was never designed for third person but for first person shooters and destruction etc.
    They seriously need to get programmers from DICE in there to help with this crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

🆠The #FIFA19 Team of the Year! ðŸ†

GK: De Gea
    DEF: Marcelo
    DEF: Sergio Ramos
    DEF: van Dijk
    DEF: Varane
    MID: De Bruyne
    MID: Kante
    MID: Modric
    FWD: Mbappe
    FWD: Messi
    FWD: Ronaldo

Forwards will be available in-game from 6 pm UK! #TOTY #FUT https://t.co/jgF2Zg6Owv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭djan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭djan

Happy out with my teams performance in the WL getting the 14 wins in 18 games. Have a bit of coins to put towards upgrading it, any recommendations or should I keep saving and maybe get an Auba?

Just to weigh in on the timed finesse shots. Few years back I played FIFA at a proffesional level (contract, expenses etc.) peaking in '11. One of the years had a similar broken mechanic, more of a bug really that if you had manual crosses on you could do a driven cross as a shot and from certain positions it was a 90% chance of going in. It made the game extremely boring to play and similar to as is now made things much less variable and a lot of people got quite sick of it. In fact, a fair amount of prize money tournaments had it banned. It ended up being patched a fair bit so I hope that EA do similar this time round.

I would argue that there is no skill in timed finishing as you can do it with your eyes closed, no need to react to what the opponent is doing, just pass it to a player in a few spots on the pitch and repeat. I don't use timed finishing and I enjoy the game (and challenge of it) a lot more.

Each to their own, but I'd be wary of over reliance on it in the event that it does get patched!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I don't use timed finishing unless I all of a sudden remember it exists.

Usually end up with a red pass to the keeper rather than green rocket :)

I will master it at some point just before fifa20 and they will probably remove it.

Low driven shots were killing me last year as the keepers were really bad at them, I can deal with timed shots. Score more than your opponent and timed finesse shots are no longer an issue :)

How much do we reckon Varane and Marcello will be

and is it worth saving packs untill all cards are in packs at the weekend?

Have about 50 packs saved from SBC's

2-4 million each.

They'll be about 50% more expensive than last year.
    You have almost no chance of packing them being honest. I seen a 1000 pack opening last year and they didn't pack one.

• Advertisement

2-4 million each.

They'll be about 50% more expensive than last year.
    You have almost no chance of packing them being honest. I seen a 1000 pack opening last year and they didn't pack one.

Jaysus that sort of coinage rules me out

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement