Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

martyos121 wrote: »
    Not how it works anymore though. Winter upgrades are based on week-to-week ratings in normal FIFA. They used to update them once in February, but now ratings are updated every week. Whatever rating he’s at by the time they do the ratings refresh, that’s what will change. The thing is, Werner is still an 83 and as someone who checks the player updates every week out of habit, he probably isn’t going to go up by 2 in time for the ratings refresh, there’s a chance he won’t even go up by 1.

Compare that to Witsel, for example. He’s steadily rose from 82 to 85 in normal FIFA, so his winter upgrade will be an 85 at least, if he doesn’t rise further. So his 84 IF will go up to 86. Reus has gone from being an 85 rated LM to an 88 rated CAM, so his winter upgrade will be a boost of 3 and a position change. His first IF which was 86 rated should go up to 89 unless position changes don’t affect the ratings refresh. Van Dijk goes is at 87 currently while his base card in FUT is 85. His first IF is 86 rated, so that’ll go up to 88, but I can see Virgil getting another boost up to 88 in normal FIFA, because he’s been god-like this season.

I’m not saying Werner has no chance of getting an upgrade, I’m just saying he won’t as things stand.

Thanks for the detailed post and explanation. I wasn’t aware of that, this is only my second season playing FUT so I was just basing that Werner upgrade off a tip I got from someone who was obviously referring to the old system.

He did also recommend reus and witsel otw (got that for 38k a couple of days ago)

Hopefully Werner IF gets a rise in the build up to bundesliga potm next week so and I’ll bail on it that, not worth risking, thanks again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Really tempted to move towards Best over the next month actually.

Will make a decision by next week, but I reckon if I do decide to do it, doing Rui Costa first would make sense, yeah? Cause it will be cheaper to do him than buy a baby icon, AND I get the packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Nice team Redzer

Similar level to my own team realy

How you finding Mbappe IF?

I have him but for some reason I don't find him as good as his normal card and have starting using the SBC Thauvin and O2W Mahrez instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Not turning on fifa.

I have a burning urge to buy packs for absolutely no reason at all.

I wouldn't pay 20wuro for one of them cards so I'll be fecked if I'll pay 20euro for a less than 1%chance of getting one..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Nice team Redzer

Similar level to my own team realy

How you finding Mbappe IF?

I have him but for some reason I don't find him as good as his normal card and have starting using the SBC Thauvin and O2W Mahrez instead.
    Think I've played 17 games with him in Div 3 and he has 12 goals, missed a lot of 1 on 1s with him to be honest, but overall hes been good, can't check his assists for me on the companion app so not sure what the return is there. I really need to start cutting in more and using timed finishing.

• Advertisement

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Think I've played 17 games with him in Div 3 and he has 12 goals, missed a lot of 1 on 1s with him to be honest, but overall hes been good, can't check his assists for me on the companion app so not sure what the return is there. I really need to start cutting in more and using timed finishing.

Not a bad return for a winger

Would you reckon the 89 Blanc ould be OK, he is around 300k cheaper and stat wise not much in it

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Not a bad return for a winger

Would you reckon the 89 Blanc ould be OK, he is around 300k cheaper and stat wise not much in it

Yeah not much in it tbh, I was actually going to downgrade to the 89 to free up coins but I bought Blanc on Friday and he's gone down so will likely stick with his 91, his price will go back up before WL though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

If you're selling blanc, sell now. He'll fall when varane comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

hows Zola doing upfront for you on his own?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭Guffy

Did a few of the la liga and gold upgrades, bout 5 of each. Did ok i guess.

Aspas
    Saul

Oh and I got Kroos too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Went ahead and did prime best. Sold up my baby version for 950k. Got absolutely nothing in the packs so more or less cost 1.4 million to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

You could if had his tradeable for an extra 300k it's **** value in sbc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

I know yeah but to be honest he's one of a few that will never leave my team so figured go for the prime and packs. Was lucky enough with Keane and Rui Costa so I suppose I was due a icon to pay full price.

Gutted the club today, sold Varane, IF Mbappe and a few more and bought myself 89 Blanc and 90 Zola.

Have the option now of using either SBC Tierney at LB or SBC Caligiuri at RB

Marcelo/IF Carvahal to be used the opposite side to the SBC wing back.

Will have no coins now if a flashback Sbc I want to do comes out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Best thing about still being on holidays is that despite the strong temptation of opening packs, I’ve no access to my PSN account to buy points :pac:

Just completed one of the PL Premium SBCs... Belgian, Man City.... Kompany.... :(

RossieMan wrote: »
    If you're selling blanc, sell now. He'll fall when varane comes out.

Nah he'll drop initially when he comes out but he'll bounce back when 99.9% realise they can't afford him.

Blazer wrote: »
    hows Zola doing upfront for you on his own?

I switch him with Aub at the start of the match just have him there to give Mbappe full chem.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Hogey007 wrote: »
    You should get SIF Werner too, he’s dropped about 30k since toty promo and will get a winter upgrade in about 3-4 weeks, the 86 version is currently 185k but should bump to 88 rated with upgrade.
    An investment if nothing else :)

Sorry but im a bit confused with upgrades? Will certain player cards get upgrades in Jan? I have 87 TOTW Werner, will he be due one? And if I were to buy Witsel TOTW card will that possibly get an upgrade too? From what I was reading Werner may be in line for POTM, going by Twitter it's between a number of players (Reus again, Kimmich, Sommer, Guilavogui, Werner, Sancho and Ribery)

Wouldn't mind Sancho, no quality RW/RM players for Bundesliga teams

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I know yeah but to be honest he's one of a few that will never leave my team so figured go for the prime and packs. Was lucky enough with Keane and Rui Costa so I suppose I was due a icon to pay full price.

This is what’s tempting me to do Best as well tbh. He’s end game and I can’t see me ever being able to afford or pack a better RWer.

Sorry but im a bit confused with upgrades? Will certain player cards get upgrades in Jan? I have 87 TOTW Werner, will he be due one? And if I were to buy Witsel TOTW card will that possibly get an upgrade too? From what I was reading Werner may be in line for POTM, going by Twitter it's between a number of players (Reus again, Kimmich, Sommer, Guilavogui, Werner, Sancho and Ribery)

Wouldn't mind Sancho, no quality RW/RM players for Bundesliga teams

What I thought was the criteria for upgrades is wrong, if you go back a few posts you’ll see martyos gives a very detailed explanation.

Werner mightn’t get an upgrade.

Edit: I’ve quoted his post in the next post here to save you scrolling back

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Not how it works anymore though. Winter upgrades are based on week-to-week ratings in normal FIFA. They used to update them once in February, but now ratings are updated every week. Whatever rating he’s at by the time they do the ratings refresh, that’s what will change. The thing is, Werner is still an 83 and as someone who checks the player updates every week out of habit, he probably isn’t going to go up by 2 in time for the ratings refresh, there’s a chance he won’t even go up by 1.

Compare that to Witsel, for example. He’s steadily rose from 82 to 85 in normal FIFA, so his winter upgrade will be an 85 at least, if he doesn’t rise further. So his 84 IF will go up to 86. Reus has gone from being an 85 rated LM to an 88 rated CAM, so his winter upgrade will be a boost of 3 and a position change. His first IF which was 86 rated should go up to 89 unless position changes don’t affect the ratings refresh. Van Dijk goes is at 87 currently while his base card in FUT is 85. His first IF is 86 rated, so that’ll go up to 88, but I can see Virgil getting another boost up to 88 in normal FIFA, because he’s been god-like this season.

I’m not saying Werner has no chance of getting an upgrade, I’m just saying he won’t as things stand.

Here’s the post about upgrades

Also do not take that as a definite way of upgrades. As we've seen from EA this year, they like to **** us over by changing how they do things.

Also do not take that as a definite way of upgrades. As we've seen from EA this year, they like to **** us over by changing how they do things.

Yeah, they also kind of have it open to themselves if they upgrade ucl cards too as they’re brand new.
    Most people think they’ll be upgraded but I wouldn’t be so sure.
    I had bought Werner specifically for the upgrade though so I’ll try get out of that one next week with a small profit if he rises in build up to potm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

When will winter upgrades be announced? Got a OTW Witsels at 40k in anticipation of him getting an upgrade. In hindsight his IF might have been a safer investment as that would be going up too and looking at less of a hit if he doesn’t get the upgrade.

Redo91 wrote: »
    When will winter upgrades be announced? Got a OTW Witsels at 40k in anticipation of him getting an upgrade. In hindsight his IF might have been a safer investment as that would be going up too and looking at less of a hit if he doesn’t get the upgrade.

end of Feb last year. Its a long wait for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Redo91 wrote: »

end of Feb last year. Its a long wait for you.
    Jesus didn’t realise it was that late. Have the coins to spare anyhow but not ideal.

Bought ultimate pack. First one out toty De Bruyne.
    Hell yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Bundesliga POTM Voting site has gone live with players up for the award (Alaba, Gerhardt, Kimmich, Lewandowski, Kruse or Reus)

bundesligapotm.easports.com

Would be redic if Reus got it again, would be happy with any of the Bayern players getting it tbh

Ok so obviously selling De Bruyne for circa 5mill.
    I’m thinking of getting CR7 up front and doing the prime Best sbc to give him full chem.
    The thing is I’m happy with Salah who’s definitely getting his fair share of goals and I love cutting in on the left foot and curling into top left corner.
    It also means dropping potm Aub who again is a beast.
    I’m wondering am I better off getting Cryuff and dropping Zola which leaves me about 2milll spare and seeing if I can pick up VVD for around 2.5mill?

Or just basically buy toty Kante who looks damn tasty and drop Prime Keane which would allow me to get Stoichkov but means again dropping poor old Aub..I suffer from feeling sorry for my players who've been with me from the start :D
    It would probably kill me to drop Zola at this stage. There might be tears :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Blazer wrote: »
    Bought ultimate pack. First one out toty De Bruyne.
    Hell yeah.

That, after your pack luck so far this year, is unbelievable. Lucky sod ye :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement