Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ah yeah, I know.

I still just enjoy pumping the cards into SBCs though. No matter who I get, I'll still just get my 11 wins, so if a card looks fun, I'm always tempted to grab them. Sure, they can always go into another SBC down the line then.

Mind, I'm still leaning towards using the cards for the Costa SBC, with an eye on the Best SBC.

Haha yeah sure if it’s fun go with, I’d def do the costa one for best rather than buy a baby icon, similar price and you could get lucky....it’s the hope!

Ps. Scottish prem sbc is down to 60k if you want a very fun left back to use, sbc tierney. It was around 140k when I did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I had Silva’s base card at the start and loved it. His passing was exquisite.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Lord TSC wrote:
    I still just enjoy pumping the cards into SBCs though. No matter who I get, I'll still just get my 11 wins, so if a card looks fun, I'm always tempted to grab them. Sure, they can always go into another SBC down the line then.

You must rage quit something shocking though. You seem to absolutely fly through your games. If you stayed for the full games, you'd come back from a few of those.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Haha yeah sure if it’s fun go with, I’d def do the costa one for best rather than buy a baby icon, similar price and you could get lucky....it’s the hope!

Ps. Scottish prem sbc is down to 60k if you want a very fun left back to use, sbc tierney. It was around 140k when I did it.

I adore my 86 Alonso at LB. He's a proper presence up and down the flank.

Now, if you've got a RB recomendation, i'm all ears. Have tried Flashback Alves, IF Kimmich, IF Carvajhal, none have the presence Alonso does on the other side. Gearing up for that Futswap Costa next.
    RossieMan wrote: »
    You must rage quit something shocking though. You seem to absolutely fly through your games. If you stayed for the full games, you'd come back from a few of those.

I quit games I know I have no chance in. "rage quits" in a technical sense, I guess, but I prefer to see it as being practical. I can usually tell the difference between games which I can make a come back in, and games I'm being utterly outclassed in (pegged back in my own box, passes not working at all, second to every ball). If it's the latter, I don't bother wasting time. If it's a game where I feel I'm unlucky to be losing, I will stick with it.

But I get the 30 games in barely by knowing when to make that distinction.

Now, if you've got a RB recomendation, i'm all ears. Have tried Flashback Alves, IF Kimmich, IF Carvajhal, none have the presence Alonso does on the other side. Gearing up for that Futswap Costa.

I don’t like the 86 Alonso as much but use him mostly as he’s a perfect link, can only use sbc tierney if I box him in with keane and Campbell.

Funny how we all view players differently.

TIF lala is great as a right back but fairly pricey, probably best off trying out your futswap costa first.

Think I’ll get the Best loan for this weekend league to try him out, as a united fan it’s the icon I was most excited about when they announced the new ones so def wanna try him out, the loan sbc is a bit pricey at around 35k but probably worth checking before I put 1.5m worth of coins through an sbc for him over the next month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

How the he'll have yous all pushed on with the trading?

I was keeping up with you guys for a while with IF trading but that seems to have slowed down something shocking!

I have a better team than I ever have but still am no where near the coins for an icon

ImANoob08 wrote: »

I was keeping up with you guys for a while with IF trading but that seems to have slowed down something shocking!

I have a better team than I ever have but still am no where near the coins for an icon

I've actually relaxed right back on trading now.

Have a TP full of United players and Vardy (whose an awesome seller), 2k profit on each and just relist over and over. Usually get a sale a cycle, more at the weekend.

ImANoob08 wrote: »

I’m on 11.5 million transfer profit, I think lord tsc and jayo and that have a bit more.

A lot of mine is just following trends, when players like Raul albiol drop to 3.1 I buy loads as he never stays below 4K for long.
    I posted last Wednesday that 84’s were way too low and there’d be a sbc Friday to drain coins before toty on Monday, got about 350k profit when the tevez sbc dropped.
    The Silva sbc has had very little impact on the market which tells me no one is doing it, 85’s are very low at the moment, when they start dropping to 7/7.5 it’s time to pick up a few.

Edit: I really like the look of dzeko at 7.8 and manolas at 8.4, 2 85’s from Roma. Part of the salah sbc should include Roma, if it does, these players should rise a bit, particularly manolas as cbs are always needed for links whereas you can get away with a falcao or ibra upfront easier without sacrificing as much chem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Im on 11 mil TP or so I haven't traded properly in about 2 months just got bored of it and only turned the playstation on and started playing matches again the weekend gone, no time really :pac:

I'm only at 7.2m :P

• Advertisement

Now, if you've got a RB recomendation, i'm all ears. Have tried Flashback Alves, IF Kimmich, IF Carvajhal, none have the presence Alonso does on the other side. Gearing up for that Futswap Costa next.

Im back using rttf Aurier, he’s been brilliant for me so far.

Also FIFA has decided that I’ve been lucky enough today.
    Since I picked toty KDB I haven’t won a single game and been hammered by at least 5 goals in each match today.
    Before it I had easily won all my games this morning. I imagine it’s because I’m trying out Stoichkov in Zola’s place etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I think this Zola thing is in your head.
    Similar to how I think he's crap, if I have him a change in a proper position he'd probably be decent.

He's not all that though, definitely better players. Stoickov would definitely be a better ST.

Similar to how I think he's crap, if I have him a change in a proper position he'd probably be decent.

He's not all that though, definitely better players. Stoickov would definitely be a better ST.

Zola has been the dogs bollocks for me too in fairness :p

Yes Stoichkov is a better striker but he’s not worth double Zola’s value.
    Plus Zola has the finesse trait which Stoichkov doesn’t.
    And it definitely makes a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Can we have a seperate thread for the obscenely rich folk? All this icon talk is soooooo boring lol

Liamalone wrote: »
    Can we have a seperate thread for the obscenely rich folk? All this icon talk is soooooo boring lol

I agree. I can’t be slummimg it down here with gold NIF players :)

And hey..I won my first game In hours..Aub and Zola to bring it home 5-1.
    **** it..i’ll Either buy Kante or Van Dijk.

Bought toty Kante.

Basically its take his NIF card, stuff him full of performance enhancing drugs and then strap a v12 engine to his back.
    His speed and acceleration is like no other player on my team. Its absolutely crazy and great fun.

Blazer wrote: »
    Bought toty Kante.

Basically its take his NIF card, stuff him full of performance enhancing drugs and then strap a v12 engine to his back.
    His speed and acceleration is like no other player on my team. Its absolutely crazy and great fun.

You might win a game now lol :D

You might win a game now lol :D

I did :) won the next 3 easily :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

I've definitely quit a few games in the last few years if I felt I wasn't going to get anything from it. This year im trying to keep it to a minimum as you lose out of bonus points for rivals and esp weekend league even if you lose you get 400 points for rivals per game so it's a reason to stick at them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Played a lad with ToTY De Bruyne,unreal card,he just gave it to him and spammed finesse shots from way outside the box over and over....hit crossbar,post etc multiple times,scored 3,all in first half......then i quit! :pac:

I've definitely quit a few games in the last few years if I felt I wasn't going to get anything from it. This year im trying to keep it to a minimum as you lose out of bonus points for rivals and esp weekend league even if you lose you get 400 points for rivals per game so it's a reason to stick at them.

This post is in reply to a post that I then deleted, asking if there are folk about that haven't quit a game because they've been getting beaten.

It went along the lines of 'I haven't quit a game in years, do you quit games/have rage quitted games?'

Apologies Deafroadrunner, you must have been in the middle of posting when I deleted it lol

Edit: the reason I asked the question was because I encountered a guy playing at a stadium with awful shadows, which I hate, and I thought about it because I couldn't be bothered. I stuck the head down and won 3-2. #suchpride lol

Don't think I've ever quit a game or rage quit. Even if I'm losing 4 nil I stick with it and try change it up a bit and see where I'm going wrong.

Roll on the 'I got bugger all from my packs' posts lol.

Roll on the 'I got bugger all from my packs' posts lol.

It's a mug's game, Ultimate Team is a mug's game.

Saving mine until 6pm tomorrow when all TOTY are in packs, not because I think I’ll pack any, but it’ll save me spending any money as my saved packs will remind me how rubbish they are

(Yes, fifa I’m using reverse psychology, get that TOTY Van Dijk ready!, I’m not even being greedy looking for a Ronaldo or Messi)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I got nothing from my packs!!!!!! Didn't play in over a week tho.

Sod all from my packs as well.
    Was hoping for a Van Dijk. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Blazer wrote: »
    Sod all from my packs as well.
    Was hoping for a Van Dijk. :(

Yeah you have earned a decent pull to be fair.

Opened player picks, 2 rubbish players. From the totw available I wasn’t expecting much anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Got nothing in Packs, got Sakho in picks

Is anyone using Sane in their team? Thinking of getting him in

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement