Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Trying to figure something out for about 150k revolving round Talisca and Lucas. Just not sure what way to build around it. Really don't want to tuck in to my pile for more than 150k, or spend more than 30k on a player.

What formation do you use? You’d probably get together a decent prem/Brazil/psg hybrid for that price. Thiago silva/Marquinhos cb, Alves rb, Alex telles lb, Buffon in goal linking perfectly with the 2 psg cb’s.
    Fernandinho and Lucas Levia totw card in cm with talisca as cam, Lucas moura rw, richarlison/Bernard or Felipe Anderson lw, if Jesus is too pricey as your striker, the 2 premier league players either side should allow you to use any premier league striker, like lacazette.

I haven’t used some of these players on fifa 19, but likes of Thiago Silva was a rock in fifa 18.

Could change Buffon to ederson either.

Might not be exactly what you want but maybe a starting point anyway.

Had probably my most frustrating game of all time earlier.

35mins to go and he gets a second red, I score the penalty for 1-1.

He holds the ball for an age and scores.... Loads of his players in space despite having two less and my players just wouldn't press or take the ball.

He them proceeds to run back with his players on a turn over and not engage me for the ball.
    I think he had his width on 1 and there's no way you're passing it through... They can get wide to press the wingers and long shots are absolute gash now and barely worth hitting when you need to score.

It almost felt Iike a cheat how hard it was to do anything to 8 players packed in tight.
    I've switched all my formations to 2 width on defence and I'm going to do the same to others.

I probably could have done myself better by adjusting formations and tactics earlier in the pause menu but it was still a joke.

He had a third sent off in the 87th minute and had another 3/4 booked.

I think somethings need tweaking.

Bicycles down... Long shots up... Free kicks need to go up(I used to score them plentiful in years past and now getting it on target is a job in itself) and less of those side footer shots that always result in a tame finish.

Has anyone else turned off the timed finishing?... I just said I'd leave it off and not have shots scuffed since the shooting is bad enough as is without tapping by accident(goal mouth scrambles etc)

Had probably my most frustrating game of all time earlier.

35mins to go and he gets a second red, I score the penalty for 1-1.

He holds the ball for an age and scores.... Loads of his players in space despite having two less and my players just wouldn't press or take the ball.

He them proceeds to run back with his players on a turn over and not engage me for the ball.
    I think he had his width on 1 and there's no way you're passing it through... They can get wide to press the wingers and long shots are absolute gash now and barely worth hitting when you need to score.

It almost felt Iike a cheat how hard it was to do anything to 8 players packed in tight.
    I've switched all my formations to 2 width on defence and I'm going to do the same to others.

I probably could have done myself better by adjusting formations and tactics earlier in the pause menu but it was still a joke.

He had a third sent off in the 87th minute and had another 3/4 booked.

I think somethings need tweaking.

Bicycles down... Long shots up... Free kicks need to go up(I used to score them plentiful in years past and now getting it on target is a job in itself) and less of those side footer shots that always result in a tame finish.

Has anyone else turned off the timed finishing?... I just said I'd leave it off and not have shots scuffed since the shooting is bad enough as is without tapping by accident(goal mouth scrambles etc)

I’m finding shooting very difficult on this one, I’ve left the timed finishing on because I figure I might as well try get used to it at the start when everyone is new to it than joining the party later on.

But shots from outside the area are so hit and miss, it’s like their random and I have no control over them, I’ve had a couple whistle into the top corner but more often than not, same player, same foot etc and it could go miles wide or be very tame.
    Finesse shots are terrible for me, I scored so many on fifa 18 with these but now they’re very bad.
    One on ones, I’ve missed more than I’ve scored, finesse shots going straight at the keeper, just shooting can go harmlessly to the keeper sometimes. It very rarely does what I want.
    Low driven shots, pretty much given up on these, works every time against ai but as soon as I try it in division rivals it either turns into a chip shot or gets blocked.

And is the lag bad for other people or just me? Mine must be about half a second of a delay, so many times I’ve list lost the ball because when I pass there’s space, but in that delay the opposition has moved across or in closer and blocks me off by the time my player actually kicks the ball.
    Getting very frustrating.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Got Son, Reus and Depay

Did it about 20 times though so it cleared out my club and coins

Did 1 more myself and got 86 rated alderweireld, will fit very nicely into my team and I do love the special cards!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Did a few of them, Sergi Roberto the highest rated. Good few 84s and 83s tho. Also Matip, instantly sold for 10k so not bad.

Did the Lucas POTM as well for about 20k. Gonna try fit him in a squad and try him out...anyone tried him? Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Did a few of them, Sergi Roberto the highest rated. Good few 84s and 83s tho. Also Matip, instantly sold for 10k so not bad.

Did the Lucas POTM as well for about 20k. Gonna try fit him in a squad and try him out...anyone tried him? Thoughts?

Played against him alot and I just find if I mark him out of it first half he has no stamina in second half so he isn't much of a threat.

Willian is less then 30k I'd be giving him a go if was looking for a cheap right winger.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

martyos121 wrote: »
    Bought about 50 Ziyechs for 700 each by mass bidding over the last day or so. He’s 82 rated so it’s just a matter of time before a suitable SBC pops up and he quick sells for double that amount.

Either way, I won’t lose anything on him at that price.

Sold them all off for 2800 each tonight after the Bayern vs. Ajax SBC dropped. First big profit of the year, 300% ROI before EA tax. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Made a good 20k tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Transfer Market has been unlocked for me and many others on the web app, about time too.

Have most of my coins tied up in investments now, bit of luck they increase cancelos price range soon.

• Advertisement

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Have most of my coins tied up in investments now, bit of luck they increase cancelos price range soon.

I'm not sure they will He is mainly extinct because he is not in packs due to inform and otw.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I'm not sure they will He is mainly extinct because he is not in packs due to inform and otw.

Was thinking that but theres still a bit of hope haha, minimum profit be 3k per card so not looking too bad, have 16 lalas at discard so hopefully he'll rise soon when hes out of packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Was thinking that but theres still a bit of hope haha, minimum profit be 3k per card so not looking too bad, have 16 lalas at discard so hopefully he'll rise soon when hes out of packs.

not a hope. They don't increase bins because they are out of packs. He'll drop like a stone once he's back in packs.
    Packed his OTW last night actually, must sell it on.

Update for PC today, frrom the patch notes they've fixed a few bits, the power shot glitch, packs not opening, etc.

On the ball this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Considering the game has only been out since Friday (for most people), there is so much going on, in terms of daily SBCs, new cards, rivals, it's great!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Transfer Market has been unlocked for me and many others on the web app, about time too.

Still locked for me :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yesterday was a super quite day for me, trading wise. A few big sales but the little ones seemed to have died down a bit. Might have been getting a bit greedy though, trying to triple my coins. So I've toned down.

I have a LOT of bigger investments currently;
    OTW Alison x1
    OTW Mariano x 1
    OTW Dembele x2
    IF Lucas x1
    OTW Jorginho x1
    IF Cech x 4
    IF Cancelo x 2
    IF Angel x 3
    IF Lozano x1
    IF Yarlmenko x1
    IF Musa x3
    IF Lala x2
    IF Pepe x1
    IF Fraser x1
    IF Xhaxa x 7
    IF Matip x 6
    IF Alvaro x 2
    OTW Witsel x 1
    IF Ibisevic x 3
    OTW Vrsaljko x 1

About 7 normal Keita, 3 Jorginho, 5 Kompany, 6 Fabregas, a Vidal, 2 Gundogan, 2 Luiz, near a dozen Belotti.

Also stocked up on one or two CL cards. Was pointed out to me that they...
    1. Don't filter properly; they don't show as "Special", making it harder to filter the prices out properly.
    2. Don't quick sell like special cards either, so people might not realise their discard price is below 10k.

So gonna try one or two.

Main worry is those Keita and Jorginho actually; I hadn't put 2 and 2 together to realise that their prices were rising cause they were out of packs, so wouldn't mind offloading them before they return....

Frisbee wrote: »
    Still locked for me :(

Wonder what the requirements are so because you probably have more games played than me, strange one that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Liking the new patch so far and enjoying the game really.
    I've gone back to my favorite formation of all time 4-1-2-1-2.
    Aubameyang is lethal up front and well worth the coins.
    I could never use him before but now with his speed and finishing he's class.
    Lazacette beside him really pairs off him well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Did the patch make pace king again?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Did the patch make pace king again?

Nope. EA are saying they’re not going to change the gameplay and only address fixes.
    I really hope they stick to this.
    Aub is awesome as he has pace but also has 85 finishing. With a hawk card around the box he’s just lethal.

• Advertisement

Also stocked up on one or two CL cards. Was pointed out to me that they...
    1. Don't filter properly; they don't show as "Special", making it harder to filter the prices out properly.
    2. Don't quick sell like special cards either, so people might not realise their discard price is below 10k.

So gonna try one or two.

Got 1 Dennis Suarez and 2 Bats, both for 5k.

Three cycles when I was out here, but Suarez went first one :P

hb72YcB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Just packed OTW Felipe Anderson from the Marquees. Should I keep or sell, what do ye think lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Just packed OTW Felipe Anderson from the Marquees. Should I keep or sell, what do ye think lads?

Rumoured to be in totw today

Rumoured to be in totw today

He's just been announced for TOTW, think I'll sell him in the hype. He's going for nearly 140k.

Another :D Sold with 45 minutes left to go on his clock too.

cReowEN.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Another :D Sold with 45 minutes left to go on his clock too.

cReowEN.jpg

How did it sell for so much? Must've been the first card someone saw so just snatched it up?

And the third just went!!!
    How did it sell for so much? Must've been the first card someone saw so just snatched it up?

Well, yeah. Its the usual trading philosophy I've talked about on here over the last few days, in terms of people being lazy.

BUT!

Over on the official forums, the theory was floated that people think they are "Special" cards so quick sell for 10k coins, like IFs do. So when they see them at 10500, they think "Oh, discard card! Quick, grab it. And if it doesn't work out, I can discard it for 10000 back".

Yeaaaah, they don't discard for 10k. People are misunderstanding the nature of the cards.

That, AND they can't be filtered like normal special cards either, meaning they get flooded into searches, mixed in with the normal cards.

I only bought three this morning, and all three sold in 5 cycles at about 4500 coins profit each. Gonna buy a lot more now and see how much I can generate tonight. I've stuck with decent named players so far, but some lads on the forums are doing it with 77 rated cards too....

He's just been announced for TOTW, think I'll sell him in the hype. He's going for nearly 140k.

Sold him for 140k.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just reached the 2000 points for champions weekend, the game i won to qualify summed this game up for me, won 2-1 with 16 shots on target to my opponents 3, but im there so thats all that matters i suppose.

Still ranked 1st in div.6 with 29,840 points.

• Advertisement

Just reached the 2000 points for champions weekend, the game i won to qualify summed this game up for me, won 2-1 with 16 shots on target to my opponents 3, but im there so thats all that matters i suppose.

Still ranked 1st in div.6 with 29,840 points.

Cash in the 2000 coins for weekend league now and you can start earning for next weekend just incase you don't get enough from playing the weekend league to qualify. I have my 2000 points in since last Friday and already have 1400 points for next weekend incase.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement