Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Bale SBC needing pool players and not spurs? Must be a mistake...

Champions league final victory

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Well they did beat the Pool in the final :)
    Hence why the SBC is called the Champion :D

Well north of a million is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Blazer wrote: »

Well they did beat the Pool in the final :)
    Hence why the SBC is called the Champion :D

Well north of a million is it?

1.6m according to Futbin.... mental price. Could buy a lot better with that.

christ that's nearly the price of Best's SBC...

Wow, terrible sbc for investments so, I’ll sell on my cazorlas now so as this won’t be an sbc that the majority do, and because it was in concepts, everyone had 2 days to prepare for it.

Can use my casemero and kroos in best sbc if they don’t rise

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

20190112-175350.jpg

Decided go for this in the end gonna try out 91 Erickson tonight.

I knew bale wouldn’t be cheap but that price seems ridiculous, I was thinking 1 to 1.2 million.

To put his 1.6 million price in perspective, you can get messi’s 95 rated totgs rw for 1.4 million, and the key thing being, it’s tradeable

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

cintec wrote: »
    Is he better than Tevez? I pair tevez with suarez in 41212 I was thinking Ibra and Suarez would be a great pair up front but i'd need to sell messi and get an Icon to play cam for full chem.

Haven't used Tevez so can't judge, sorry :/
    Blazer wrote: »
    I've spend money on packs but I also got Seedorf from a vanilla SBC and he was going for 2.5 million on pc.
    Its completely down to luck.
    For the toty streamers some of them spent a few grand before they got a toty card. I bought one ultimate pack and it gave me toty De Bruyne worth 5.5 million.
    Sheer complete poxy luck.

Honestly, I do think spending money has something to do with it. I don't think it's a simple "Packs bought with money = good, packs earned other ways = bad". But I do think the game has a....I'm not sure of the word, but basically if you invest real cash, you're odds of packing stuff from ANY pack goes up. This encourages you to spend more money in the long term. On the other end, someone who never spends a penny can open a dozen mega packs and a dozen rare player packs and get nout better than Kagawa multiple times.

Which is fine, btw. I wouldn't resent anyone who spends their disposable cash on FUT, and I'd do so myself if I had it to spare. But I do 100% think the game is designed to help those who have a record of spending real cash on it.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Haven't used Tevez so can't judge, sorry :/

Honestly, I do think spending money has something to do with it. I don't think it's a simple "Packs bought with money = good, packs earned other ways = bad". But I do think the game has a....I'm not sure of the word, but basically if you invest real cash, you're odds of packing stuff from ANY pack goes up. This encourages you to spend more money in the long term. On the other end, someone who never spends a penny can open a dozen mega packs and a dozen rare player packs and get nout better than Kagawa multiple times.

Which is fine, btw. I wouldn't resent anyone who spends their disposable cash on FUT, and I'd do so myself if I had it to spare. But I do 100% think the game is designed to help those who have a record of spending real cash on it.

Absolutely, the more packs you open the better the odds and of getting a great player.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Managed to cram 3 games in, TOTY Ronaldo is insane! Won the 3 games, 2 easily enough and 1 was tight but Ronaldo pulled it out of the bag with a screamer from just outside the box. I don't use timed finishing but he got 8 goals in the 3 games. Leaves me at 15-3 for this weekend, can't get any more games in so that'll be that.

While I would love to keep him I felt like I was just looking out for him the whole game, felt like I could have had a few more goals if I actually passed to others other than Ronaldo. Which is why I've sold him and built the team up in other areas.

Settled for this
    2zpm89v.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Ah the Liverpool part makes sense now!

History never remembers the runners up I guess ha!

Can I get some help with chemistry cards?

Need to put one on... DDG, FUTMAS Valencia, POTM VVD, kante, fabianho and SIF Salah..

Cheers guys

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Managed to cram 3 games in, TOTY Ronaldo is insane! Won the 3 games, 2 easily enough and 1 was tight but Ronaldo pulled it out of the bag with a screamer from just outside the box. I don't use timed finishing but he got 8 goals in the 3 games. Leaves me at 15-3 for this weekend, can't get any more games in so that'll be that.

While I would love to keep him I felt like I was just looking out for him the whole game, felt like I could have had a few more goals if I actually passed to others other than Ronaldo. Which is why I've sold him and built the team up in other areas.

Settled for this
    2zpm89v.jpg

Nice, you took my advice on Mbappé and Eusebio :) lovely team

Shag it 40euro on packs... I'll post the best 82's I get....

First ultimate pack..

Draxler...

Second ultimate pack....

Quresma....

And that kids it how to burn 45euro....

First ultimate pack..

Draxler...

Second ultimate pack....

Quresma....

And that kids it how to burn 45euro....

Those packs were a joke, i bought 3 of them with coins.
    The best player ? 84 rated across all those packs.

I feel violated.

45euro for draxler.. like come on.....

I feel violated.

45euro for draxler.. like come on.....

If it helps, I can make you feel a little better, I’ve spent very little on fifa this year, but they reeled me in with de gea toty in that ibra pack last night, I was there thinking, man, what if I could pack kante!!

Put €45 in too,

Pack 1, 83 pizzi
    Pack 2 83 Jesus,

I noticed there was 1 pack left available for me to buy (I’m really chasing my losses at this point) so think, right that’ll be the lucky one, another €20 in and open pack 3

84 benzema

So annoying to just fire money away but on the other hand, it’s very unlikely I’ll spend anything on fifa again until team of the season in May or whenever. (If I’m still playing at that point)

Yeah it's my own fault really!

Ea rewarded me with a 9-1 win in WL....

It’s some serious addiction opening packs... reckon you’d be able to write a thesis on pack opening, the addiction and comparison to gambling.

It’s some serious addiction opening packs... reckon you’d be able to write a thesis on pack opening, the addiction and comparison to gambling.

its why this is my last year.
    Once I turn off my origin subscription come next September that's it I'm done with Fifa for ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Haven't bought this years edition but I'm enjoying seeing how you lads are doing.

I just took issue with how they were ripping people off year on year and got fed up.

Seems nothing's changed this year in that respect.

So just used POTM VVD and DDG for about 6 WL games...

Wow VVD is a massive upgrade on his SIF didn't expect it at all... dude wins everything! Don't think I lost a kick out even when another guy had CR7 up top.

DDG is the best keeper I've used by a mile no idea why I waited so long to get him. I've used the likes of ederson, IF Allison and UCL Lloris.

At the end of the day though no matter how much I improve my team I'll still get the 14 wins.... makes the game feel a little pointless to be honest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Haven't bought this years edition but I'm enjoying seeing how you lads are doing.

I just took issue with how they were ripping people off year on year and got fed up.

Seems nothing's changed this year in that respect.

I never played fut with previous versions of fifa when they were current, I normally picked fifa up when it was 10 euro. Last year I got fifa 18 for christmas and loved it, didn't play much online at all and within 2-3 months I had a really good competitive team if I wanted to play online. I'm now playing fifa 19 about 3 months and my team is useless, no pack luck at all. I have gotten 3 in forms in total in those 3 months and only one that was decent was batashyi (or however you spell it). It's taking the piss in terms of pack luck so far for me. Most big packs give me no more than an 80/81 gold.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

At the end of the day though no matter how much I improve my team I'll still get the 14 wins.... makes the game feel a little pointless to be honest.

I’m 9-14, so on track for my usual 11. This despite adding Ibra, Costa, DDG and VVD to my tea, today. I feel the same; at least without a significant increase in time or money, I feel I’d be lucky to even get up to 14.

If I was even getting decent rewards, even a single useable red player since launch, I’d be ok with that. But it feels like I’m just grinding for no real reward now. It’s not even that it’s frustrating or I’m annoyed with the game. It’s just monotonous now. Every game, the usual mix of Jesus up top, VVD and Davidson....half the games today, the same time wasting, dabbing and “mad skills”.

So I’ve got Halo MCC loading on the Xbox and just going to move on from Fifa for a while. Will still trade lightly. Not stopping out of frustration like I’ve threatened to multiple times over the years. It’s just....a bit boring now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Money and pack luck can't make you good at the game.

You need to do skill games and practise. Learn where you are going wrong. You can only blame yourself for getting stuck in gold 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

RossieMan wrote: »

You need to do skill games and practise. Learn where you are going wrong. You can only blame yourself for getting stuck in gold 3.

Drink is the key to glory! DRINK, GIRLS, MORE DRINK

RossieMan wrote: »

Don't totally agree with that to be honest.

I understand you can get batter at the game by practicing and learning new skills and moves etc..

But.... If your improving your team significantly you should see some difference in your final finishing position...

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Having some pack luck right now with upgrade packs trying to do the flashback sbc's cheap and just packed David silva+Lloris in the same upgrade pack. Also got(in different packs) Godin, Buffon, sane, Mahrez, Willian and inform Santi Carzola.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Don't totally agree with that to be honest.

I understand you can get batter at the game by practicing and learning new skills and moves etc..

But.... If your improving your team significantly you should see some difference in your final finishing position...

Unfortunately there's only one way to get good at the game and that's to adopt the one working playstyle. la croqueta/ other OP skills and timed finesse. That's all this game is on FUT. There's no point working on anything else because it won't get you past that gold 2 zone.

I think for next year I'll try to pick up the PC version so I can have mods to play offline.

Set up a career mode with all the Icons on the teams they are most famous for playing and see how much fun I can knock out of that. I'm very bored of FUT and WL now. Best I can do is 20 wins and I can't even be bothered to finish the 30 games most weekends because it's the same over and over.

• Advertisement

Completed the Ibra SBC.... unreal striker. Seems to finish everything and the 5* skills are brilliant. Just waiting for the prime Gerrard SBC and I can link up Ibra and Sturridge - the latter of which hit 100 goals yday. 90 games, 100 goals, 31 assists.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement