Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Completed the Ibra SBC.... unreal striker. Seems to finish everything and the 5* skills are brilliant. Just waiting for the prime Gerrard SBC and I can link up Ibra and Sturridge - the latter of which hit 100 goals yday. 90 games, 100 goals, 31 assists.

I can’t use Ibra or Sturridge for the life of me now.
    I just find them too slow/clunky.
    I’m too used to Zola and Aub who are far more mobile and agile etc.
    I must force myself to play with them during rivals to get used to their style of play as I had the same problems with Raul and Stoichkov.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Finished the best sbc, then decided to sell up a lot of stuff I was holding until there prices went back up a bit (otw mahrez, SIF vvd, aubemeyang base) and go for TOTY kante, I was still selling rare golds at 4am :D

I wanted to get him now, as his price should rise a fair bit when out of packs?? So even though I could’ve waited and got a bit more for mahrez and vvd, I’d then spend extra on kante.

This is me now
    D44-C6929-172-F-43-ED-81-DB-BDD23-FD013-E1.jpg

Just need a chemistry for kante, was putting shadow but futbin seems a little screwed up and putting in minus figures on a lot of the chems

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    At the end of the day though no matter how much I improve my team I'll still get the 14 wins.... makes the game feel a little pointless to be honest.

That's all you need my man, everyone knows Gold 3 gets the best rewards... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

How many wins do I need to get players picks that aren't capped at 82?

Currently 8-4 so id say if I manage to get 11 wins I'd be doing well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

11 wins and its not capped at 84.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Don't totally agree with that to be honest.

I understand you can get batter at the game by practicing and learning new skills and moves etc..

But.... If your improving your team significantly you should see some difference in your final finishing position...

The issue seems to be that Fifa can't decide if it wants to be "pay to win", or defined by skill.

They very obviously want people investing large, large quantities of cash into packs. But at the same time, even if you do get the top tier cards (which is a lottery), you're then faced with the fact it doesn't actually help you get a significant boost in your level of ability.

While P2W is a plight on games in general, Fifa seems wonky in that you can invest thousands and still pull the same string of results out of it. In the vast majority of P2W games, investing €45 last night would have at least given you a boost of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Having the best players in the game can't help you if you have no idea how to use them. I've seen people with god squads pulling their CBs out of position all game, makes it very easy to score.

Hang a god squad can only take you so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I did the ibra sbc he is a bargain for his stats will definilty be a weeekend league supersub for me with that stamina tho.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Having the best players in the game can't help you if you have no idea how to use them. I've seen people with god squads pulling their CBs out of position all game, makes it very easy to score.

Hang a god squad can only take you so far.

Right, but thats what I'm saying. Most P2W games would actually give you a massive advantage after asking you to invest hundreds.

Realistically, if you spend €10, €100 or €1000, does it have a drastic effect on how you get on?

I invested a solid 1.2-1.4m coins into my team this week, via Ibra, Costa, VVD, DDG and Aurier. Still got my 11 wins. There's absolutely nothing making me think if I invested another 1.4m coins into the team, I'd get any higher than 11 wins.

Which, and I want to stress this again....I'm not bemoaning the game, nor anyone who does invest real money. I just find it curious that Fifa seems to operate as a P2W game where paying doesn't actually help you win, or at least increase you chances dramatically. In other P2W games, if a god tier squad came up against a basic team, the god tier squad should absolutely maul the basic team. You might have the odd one where skill overcomes cash, but it should be a struggle and a fight. In Fifa, it's not. (And this is before we go into a discussion about handicapping or momentum).

Mind, I've long since accepted that and obviously haven't give up trading. But it's why, more and more, I prefer focusing on the trading aspect of the game rather than the gameplay itself. I'm more than happy to collect a team of pretty colours and legends I adore.

But would I have gotten 11 wins with Jesus up front instead of Flashback Ibra? Probably?

I'm rambling now. Just having one of those pensive Sunday mornings :p 11 wins locked down, so off to Halo MCC for a few days. Will decide on Thursday what i wanna do next week.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I did the ibra sbc he is a bargain for his stats will definilty be a weeekend league supersub for me with that stamina tho.

Someone on Reddit showed he's basically got Ronaldo's base card stats. He's a peach. I've been having fun this morning playing with a 4-5-1, with Costa and Zola boxing him off as CAMs for perfect chemistry. Stanima hasn't been a massive issue once you don't have him running up and down the field. Just leave him sitting up front ready to score screamers or get on the end of crosses :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Blazer wrote: »
    Completed the Ibra SBC.... unreal striker. Seems to finish everything and the 5* skills are brilliant. Just waiting for the prime Gerrard SBC and I can link up Ibra and Sturridge - the latter of which hit 100 goals yday. 90 games, 100 goals, 31 assists.

I can’t use Ibra or Sturridge for the life of me now.
    I just find them too slow/clunky.
    I’m too used to Zola and Aub who are far more mobile and agile etc.
    I must force myself to play with them during rivals to get used to their style of play as I had the same problems with Raul and Stoichkov.

Sturridge bangs in goals for fun in both div rivals and weekend league.... I’d say at least 30% or more of his goals have been from headers. He’s lethal in the air. Ibra off to a great start also. Single-handedly won me games last night - seems to be perfect alongside MVP Martinez.

Fifa this year isn't even about pay to win or having the best players, makes it a small bit easier but it all comes down to who can create more first time finesse shots than the other, that's all it is, master them and you've mastered Fifa.

Sturridge bangs in goals for fun in both div rivals and weekend league.... I’d say at least 30% or more of his goals have been from headers. He’s lethal in the air. Ibra off to a great start also. Single-handedly won me games last night - seems to be perfect alongside MVP Martinez.

Sorry I never tried Martinez now.

From the point of view of being a United fan though, SBC Rooney is starting to bat his eyelids at me :P

15-12

Should get time later to play the remaining games and see if I can get to gold 2.

TOTY kante makes it feel like you’re playing with 12 players!

Am I mad to be considering doing zlatan to be a sub? I currently have salah and aub up top with FUTMAS Firminho coming in as sub...

Also really need to do away with Lucas at RW thinking mahrez but dunno if I get his SIF or his OTW... 100k in the difference

Am I mad to be considering doing zlatan to be a sub? I currently have salah and aub up top with FUTMAS Firminho coming in as sub...

Also really need to do away with Lucas at RW thinking mahrez but dunno if I get his SIF or his OTW... 100k in the difference

I did him to be a sub I had most of the untraceable in the club already. He will be handy for weekend league his strength against tired defenders.

I try do as little untradeable SBCs as possible, unless they're gonna be first teamers as realistically you'll lose out on the coins you could have used somewhere else, each to their own though.

If you didn’t do ibra and kept coins and players you’d be using in it, do you think you’d be able to stretch to getting best over the next 3 or weeks?
    (Not buying mahrez either)
    He really is superb and again, what I’d call an end-game player, as in you won’t need to touch your rw again for fifa19

If you can’t get best then def go for mahrez otw over SIF, it’s fun watching city matches when you know it can boost your fifa team plus it’s very likely that mahrez will get another IF or 2 and get boosted more

Redzer7 wrote: »
    I try do as little untradeable SBCs as possible, unless they're gonna be first teamers as realistically you'll lose out on the coins you could have used somewhere else, each to their own though.

Only tradable players in my starting 11 is Sanchez at center half and DDG ha

Redzer7 wrote: »

I'd usually agree with you but the zlatan sbc is a no brainer if you have few untradeables in your club to do it with. The only one I had to buy was an Argentine discard inform for the sweediish one. I used a load of red cards from weekend league that I forgot I had in there to bring ratings up.

• Advertisement

Hogey007 wrote: »

If you didn’t do ibra and kept coins and players you’d be using in it, do you think you’d be able to stretch to getting best over the next 3 or weeks?
    (Not buying mahrez either)
    He really is superb and again, what I’d call an end-game player, as in you won’t need to touch your rw again for fifa19

If you can’t get best then def go for mahrez otw over SIF, it’s fun watching city matches when you know it can boost your fifa team plus it’s very likely that mahrez will get another IF or 2 and get boosted more

Have 500k I'm the bank and another 300k in the trade pile of say... Not much in the club for SBC's though so don't think I'd be able to get best to be honest

jayo26 wrote: »
    I'd usually agree with you but the zlatan sbc is a no brainer if you have few untradeables in your club to do it with. The only one I had to buy was an Argentine discard inform for the sweediish one. I used a load of red cards from weekend league that I forgot I had in there to bring ratings up.

The only thing about using the untradeables is that you could use them for someone else (icons, better players etc). To me Ibra wouldn't be worth it as he wouldn't suit my playstyle, he has a cracking card though.

On another note and I'm contradicting myself here I done the Scream Koke SBC knowing quite well he'd be a bench player.

I find it mad EA haven't changed their stats yet, it's just like EA said fúck the promo and never bothered their hole :pac:

Are we gonna be able to use the scream and futmas cards in SBC's this year does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Sorry I never tried Martinez now.

From the point of view of being a United fan though, SBC Rooney is starting to bat his eyelids at me :P

So am I.

Any idea how to fit both into a usable PL based side?

I currently only have Keane icon so I can't box them off with Icons. I was thinking Zlatan dm Rooney cm and Lindelof IF cb with Keane cm in the 41212(2) to get decent chem? Would need an English left back as well though for Rooney chem and there isn't great options there.

Not sure how I'd work it without another Icon really.

Something like this?

ym8Ryyl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

I currently get 8 chem in a 451 with one icon link. not sure if i should sell messi and replace him with an icon for full chem.

Since TOTY DDG is put at the moment will that stop him getting an inform from the spurs game?

Mans a freak.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

cintec wrote: »
    I currently get 8 chem in a 451 with one icon link. not sure if i should sell messi and replace him with an icon for full chem.

Can you afford an Icon as good as Messi? 8 chem isn't too bad. Get a Swedish manager maybe?

Since TOTY DDG is put at the moment will that stop him getting an inform from the spurs game?

Mans a freak.

No, TOTY is out of packs at 6 tomorrow, so there’d be no overlap, ddg should be a banker for totw

Not even in the top 100 weekly transfer profits after selling TOTY Ronaldo :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Just wondering have the servers and gameplay been utter ****e for anyone else? Played Friday and it's just as bad today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement