Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

RossieMan wrote: »
    But that's obvious it's not Mbappe due to the walkout symbol. It's the hope that kills you.

Ypu dont see all that when your opening packs with one eye shut and a squint on the other eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Are the servers down? Can’t log in on PS4

Because of the Anthem demo apparently.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Blazer wrote: »
    Lads whoever said Lloris was close to De Gea was obviously taking the piss.
    De Gea is so far better than Lloris that to call them both goalkeepers is an insult to De Gea.
    As soon as my opponent saw I had Lloris in goals it was long shots the whole time knowing He would palm them away into the path of his striker. No one ever bothers doing that to De Gea.

That was me.

And I never said he was close to DDG.

My issue with DDG is he never seemed to come out and close down defenders. I switched from Neuer to DDG, and much prefered Neuer, who seemed willing to come for balls. DDG is an amazing shot stopper but for the price, I didn't feel he was doing things I'd like my keeper to be doing.

Lloris is far cheaper, and I said I was switching to him to see if him having the "Sweeper Keeper" trait might suit my game a bit more.

Honestly, it hasn't massively. He DOES seem to come for balls quicker, but the trade off then is the long shots....but then finesse shots still seem hilariously broken anyway. His kicking is stronger than DDG's, but his long throws are worse.

So.....having the extra 100k difference means I can invest into other areas, and I have more fun trying to outscore my opponent. Since I'm playing a more attack-orientated football this weekend, I'm slightly more susceptible to breaks.

Is Lloris doing better than DDG? Not really. But I wasn't massively finding DDG was capable of fighting off the type of goals I seem to concede the most. When coins are in short supply, he seemed more of a luxury, over looking at a more solid midfield. Goalkeepers are always something I hate investing heavily in, since I rarely feel the price to upgrade delivers the upgrade in results.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Have you gone back in and tried to play a game

Maybe they patched it

Went back in when servers came back up there, still entered into next week's - when I'll have very little time, if any lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

**** Anthem

• Advertisement

Wasn't really impressed with vinicus junior he was good but I prefer kluivert for his dribbling so sold him and decided to invest in defence.

Screenshot-20190125-211624.jpg

Could have any keeper I want now but I really don't think I'll change from lafont he has been as good as any keeper for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Have lafont untradable and just can't fit him in...

I'd love to give him a go

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Liamalone wrote: »
    Went back in when servers came back up there, still entered into next week's - when I'll have very little time, if any lol.

Must of patched it so

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

ImANoob08 wrote: »

Could you get 89 Blanc, he is a beast

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Got some profit so got rid of Kante and put Petit 88 in his place. Let's see how good he is. Loved him last year

• Advertisement

ImANoob08 wrote: »

I really like him I'm sure he isn't the best keeper but nothing stands out to me that I could fault him for.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

wonski wrote: »
    Got some profit so got rid of Kante and put Petit 88 in his place. Let's see how good he is. Loved him last year

Petit is tasty plus he's very easy to pick out on the pitch with that ponytail.
    Same for Rijkaard etc.
    I'll definitely be using Keane for Petit.
    He's only a million on console but 2 million pc which is ridiculous.

Petit is tasty plus he's very easy to pick out on the pitch with that ponytail.
    Same for Rijkaard etc.
    I'll definitely be using Keane for Petit.
    He's only a million on console but 2 million pc which is ridiculous.

You guys are robbed.

Paid 990k, probably gonna lose 50k on it if I don't like him. 2m is Ronaldo territory on ps4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Petit is one of my favourite players this year, I'm saving coins now to buy him again.

You guys are robbed.

Paid 990k, probably gonna lose 50k on it if I don't like him. 2m is Ronaldo territory on ps4.

You're not just losing 50k. You're also losing 5% of sale.
    So lets say a million.
    You sell for 950k which means an ea tax of 47,500 so in essence you've lost 97.5k.

I made over 20-21 million from pack rewards this year.
    My squad is worth about 15 million or so and the leaderboard says my transfer profit is 17.5million or so.
    I've wasted over 3-4 million on trying out players etc and then selling them at a loss. Except in some instances I was paying around 150k in EA tax for the 3million + players I was testing.
    Its one of the reasons I tend to go for untradeables as it stops me chopping and changing every 10 games or so when things go bad.
    Now I know my players inside out, what they can do, what I can do to get goals back if I go down etc.

My current squad.
    Blanc/De Gea/Aurier are tradeable and so along with the 800k or so I have in coins means I have around 3.8 million to sell if I need.

J6duaKQ.jpg

So lets say a million.
    You sell for 950k which means an ea tax of 47,500 so in essence you've lost 97.5k.

My squad is worth about 15 million or so and the leaderboard says my transfer profit is 17.5million or so.
    I've wasted over 3-4 million on trying out players etc and then selling them at a loss. Except in some instances I was paying around 150k in EA tax for the 3million + players I was testing.
    Its one of the reasons I tend to go for untradeables as it stops me chopping and changing every 10 games or so when things go bad.
    Now I know my players inside out, what they can do, what I can do to get goals back if I go down etc.

My current squad.
    Blanc/De Gea/Aurier are tradeable and so along with the 800k or so I have in coins means I have around 3.8 million to sell if I need.

J6duaKQ.jpg

Think he's already took into account the EA tax.

aahh..he never said :)
    On PC you tend to take a big loss alright on testing out icons.
    The prices are ridiculous.
    Blanc is 1mil on xbox but 1.8m on pc.
    Then again I'm pretty much certain that my pack luck this year would not have been anywhere close to what I got on pc if I was still on console.
    I'd be very interested if someone changed next week to see how their pack luck goes...Rossie you could get a console and be teasing us all on here with your pack luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Blazer the Blessed :D Giz a sub

So lets say a million.

My current squad.

J6duaKQ.jpg

I have done Zola and Rui Costa untradeables. None of the packs made it worth it.

I have untradeable Douglas Costa from pack, Parolo and futmas Balotelli, red Szczęsny in goal. And Pereira red rb as well.

I am not throwing money away but those untradeables cost money too. Costa was a mistake which will now cost me throwing him into another sbc instead of just selling. 100k down like that. To get another untradeable icon :)

I am at 3.7m profit so doing just fine. Not buying packs is important. I do buy one a week maybe and that's all.

And just to add this year I tried all the "premium" up to 500k players I could and still maintain a good team. Aguero, DeBruyne, Pogba etc were out of my range most of the last year. This year I checked them all, well not all, but all I wanted really. Its easy this year. On PS4 of course ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

WL extended for anyone that’s doing it.

• Advertisement

WL extended for anyone that’s doing it.

sweet,

Liamalone wrote: »
    Blazer the Blessed :D Giz a sub

you can have Rojo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Is it a good time to invest in icons can pick up some 470000 or will they keep falling

Petit with two goals in one game!

That was lucky, but what a signing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

2-1 so far.

Won the first handy enough, lost the second after the guy did a heel to heel flick straight into my centre back two times in a row and they both resulted in goals.

Third match was against a guy with a full Portuguese team with no Ronaldo. Easy enough I think going 1-0 up. He equalizes in the 90th minute with a red timed header with five foot ten bruno fernandes against my Van Dijk. That was also his first shot on target :rolleyes:

He went ahead but Ibra clawed me back and by some miracle I won on penalties 5-4. The servers are worse than normal which doesn't bode well for when anthem actually comes out.

gotthebug wrote: »
    Is it a good time to invest in icons can pick up some 470000 or will they keep falling

I personally never invested in them. Such a risk with expensive cards...

I know some guys made a lot of money at the start, but since then the prices are going down rather than up...

10-2 now and finished for tonight.
    Having good fun with this team, not conceding many first time finesse shots too which is a bonus

2lu2moi.jpg

2m7c7y0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Alright lads I did FB Rooney and I'm trying to fit a team out. I need a rm and rb combo that will give each other full chem. Any ideas? I have about 180k to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Alright lads I did FB Rooney and I'm trying to fit a team out. I need a rm and rb combo that will give each other full chem. Any ideas? I have about 180k to spend.

Sterling and walker?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Man of the match cards are back, wish I’d get the futswap players to get otw promes

https://twitter.com/easportsfifa/status/1088952992429031424?s=21

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement