Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Has RossieMan not got a few tutorials out??

:p:p

They stopped after the patch came out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Cant win a game this evening, iv'e gone from averaging 3 or 4 goals a game this morning to actually hitting the posts and crossbar more then im scoring goals, hit the post 14 times in 6 games this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You lads are hilarious. I've never once said I was a good player. I'm bang average.

All I've said is your teams are crazy for the results some of you get.
    Would love to be able to trade as well as some of you and I'd be getting elite every week just because of the team and having even the smallest idea of how to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

RossieMan wrote: »
    You lads are hilarious. I've never once said I was a good player. I'm bang average.

Would love to be able to trade as well as some of you and I'd be getting elite every week just because of the team and having even the smallest idea of how to play.

4qr7g3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

To be honest I don't think the team really matters...

I've played 4 WL's since the start and I've gotten 17wins twice and 16wins twice.

My team now is miles better than it was during my first WL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    To be honest I don't think the team really matters...

I've played 4 WL's since the start and I've gotten 17wins twice and 16wins twice.

My team now is miles better than it was during my first WL

All the teams your competing against are similar better too though.

Yeah that's what I mean, having a great team through trading can be a disadvantage I feel, chances are your either playing other traders who are as good as you or good players who will more than likely smash ya

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

The main thing is finding a formation that suits you.
    I loved 424 as it allowed me to use my wingers etc but I've switched to 4222 in game to bring my wingers in a bit and a bit more stability to my midfield.
    My custom tactics are identical across all my formations (Meyler's original tactics).

I've always been a Div3 player (floating between div 2-4 at times).
    In Rivals I play at div5 because I don't take it seriously at all and it allows me to try out new tactics, players, formations while still getting the points for WL.
    For me Meyler's custom ones still rock and I've tried several.
    For me I've found that having forwards/CAMS who have high dribbling and high passing really unlock my opponents defense. Doesn't matter if its David Silva at CAM, once he dribbles past their player, with his vision and passing he has the time and acres of space to play a killer pass into.
    I also find that the direct line of attack works extremely well. Keeper to CB,RB, to CM, to ST/ST and boom..goal.
    In WL mode I don't dick around, the only skill move I really constantly use is fake shot but really it's pass, dribble, pass and shoot.
    Rossie is similar to me but he's far more clinical in front of goals.

Everyone's team improves throughout the year. But if you get better at the game, which everyone should, results should improve.

Everyone's team improves throughout the year. But if you get better at the game, which everyone should, results should improve.

But if everyone's team improves and everyone's results improve and your matched against similar ability players then there is fuk all regular progress to make.

My first weekend league I got 21 wins with a poor team. Next weekend I got 20 wins with a team that cost 1.2 million bwck then and I've always hovered about 20 to 23 wins when I've played all games this week I've 11 wins from 15 games which is just about my average for the year.

Saying all that I'm not moaning or complaining I don't really care I enjoy it and I don't have patience or desire to worry about any higher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭Guffy

Had the weirdest game ever there. Opponent kicked off and passed the ball from LB across back line to RB for 40 min expecting me to chase him down. I didn't, i take my striker into cm position from kickoffs and just stayed here.

Eventually he ****ed up gave the ball to rui costa and i scored. End up winning 2-0 but was just weird.

Guffy wrote: »
    Had the weirdest game ever there. Opponent kicked off and passed the ball from LB across back line to RB for 40 min expecting me to chase him down. I didn't, i take my striker into cm position from kickoffs and just stayed here.

Eventually he ****ed up gave the ball to rui costa and i scored. End up winning 2-0 but was just weird.

I've had that before I don't bother chasing someone down doing that until after 60 mins they just trying get your stamina down or get you to commit loads forward.

Are there ever content drops on a Sunday?

The first 15 games are the easiest as you're basically setting up what rank you are. You'll then play people at your rank(mostly). That's why it sort of gets to a 1:1 win loss for most people.

If you aren't winning at least 10-12 games of your first 15, you'll struggle massively to get even gold 2.

Ended up with 19 wins this weekend, should have easily been at least 24, infact I probably only deserved to lose 2 games out of the 30.

I thought it's based on your previous 5 games?
    I wouldn't mind a crack at 30 games to see what I'd get but in reality I'd be looking at 20-22 wins based on previous win ratios .not sure what that is?
    But the thoughts of spending that much time to get some **** 84 rated red card is definitely not appealing.

Also future Trent Arnold is a bit meh. OTW Cancelo is much better and hopefully he gets a winter upgrade too so back to him.
    Meh its only a +1 potentially so don't think his IF cards will get an upgrade.
    On the plus side Hazard/Van Dijk/Aub are looking likely to get upgrades that will increase their other cards ratings. A 91 Van Dijk will be tasty, 90 rated potm Aub and 94 rated Hazard.

https://www.dexerto.com/fifa/fifa-19-upgrades-predictions-fut-281396

Blazer wrote: »
    I thought it's based on your previous 5 games?
    I wouldn't mind a crack at 30 games to see what I'd get but in reality I'd be looking at 20-22 wins based on previous win ratios .not sure what that is?
    But the thoughts of spending that much time to get some **** 84 rated red card is definitely not appealing.

doesnt work like that at all. After gold 1 its gets extremely difficult to get wins.

rewards arent worth playing, thats for sure.

God I wish I had the money for hazard when the sbc was out

damn a IF this week would have been nice as I only bought back his otw card a few hours ago.
    He's excellent at RB though..big and strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

damn a IF this week would have been nice as I only bought back his otw card a few hours ago.
    He's excellent at RB though..big and strong.

Sorry, I had deleted post as I just seen he only came on in the 70th min.

He def won’t get an IF, if it were me I’d sell him for 300k now before people cop on he only came on as sub and I’d buy him back Wednesday when he’s not in totw and drops

• Advertisement

Hot on the heels after packing a future star in the weekly pre order packs last week out pops this little beauty this week.

20190128-004843.jpg

some pack luck from those preorders. The highest I've ever gotten from them has been Alisson this year.

some pack luck from those preorders. The highest I've ever gotten from them has been Alisson this year.

To be fair in 8 years of ultimate team the last two weeks are the best ive ever gotton from them I think I got lloris a couple year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Need this Spanish League sbc to drop tonight

Have 98 players in trade pile and 20 in my unassigned pile so I can't even open my preorder pack.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Need this Spanish League sbc to drop tonight

Have 98 players in trade pile and 20 in my unassigned pile so I can't even open my preorder pack.

here's your brother....

100 players on the pile and 35 won on bid....

Sold all my La Liga players the other day in the hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

Same here :D
    Trade pile & watch lists are full.
    Have a load of Saudi league silvers on the pile too.

Didn’t even bother.. I’ve too much coins to bother with trading but not enough to buy R9 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Didn’t even bother.. I’ve too much coins to bother with trading but not enough to buy R9 :(

I’m just busy stockpiling icons for R9, Gullit and Maldini sbc’s.

Have you used Maldini yet in fifa19?
    Loved him in fifa 18!

I could buy him now but that’d be all my coins gone, trying to keep trading a bit to be ready for the R9 sbc whenever it drops as there will only be a 30 day window. Last year I completed it over 6 or 7 weeks.

• Advertisement

Can never have too much coins :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement