Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

jayo26 wrote: »
    Nothing!!!!!! I'm done with this game I'm going playing dominos!!!!!!

In fairness with the teams some of us have we could get 88 rated players and they wouldn’t even get on the bench.

Rewards are utter crap.
    Once you hit 14 wins it should be a minimum of a 84 rated card not seeing a choice of a 78 and 2x 81 rated cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Blazer wrote:
    Rewards are utter crap. Once you hit 14 wins it should be a minimum of a 84 rated card not seeing a choice of a 78 and 2x 81 rated cards.

14 wins is something everyone should be getting, so I don't agree.

Perhaps gold 1.
    Monthly rewards were definitely a better structure to the crap they've given us this year.

RossieMan wrote: »
    14 wins is something everyone should be getting, so I don't agree.

Perhaps gold 1.
    Monthly rewards were definitely a better structure to the crap they've given us this year.

Or stagger them. The higher you go the more elite the rewards.
    I loved watching last years reward packs being opened and the monthly packs as well.
    Now it’s just heartbreaking seeing some guy who got in the top 100 get some 81 rated card.

Btw what did you get the weekend you were in the top 100?

Blazer wrote:
    Btw what did you get the weekend you were in the top 100?

I finished just outside, 5 points below the other guy so probably 101st position.
    Got nothing from elite 2 so I didn't bother trying again.

I finished just outside, 5 points below the other guy so probably 101st position.
    Got nothing from elite 2 so I didn't bother trying again.

Yep that's disgraceful. i get the whole pack thing is a game of chance but christ at least have pack rewards at that level much higher.
    I would never begrudge anyone getting higher rewards ,hell they deserve it for playing 30 games of fifa over 3 days, but then again I suppose a lot of streamers last year were getting burnt out playing the whole 40 games etc and EA lost a lost of people to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Have about 400k now in packs built up for tomorrow, if no promos I'll probably wait.

Taking the coins, keeping packs..... You should be ashamed of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Blazer wrote: »
    Yep that's disgraceful. i get the whole pack thing is a game of chance but christ at least have pack rewards at that level much higher.
    I would never begrudge anyone getting higher rewards ,hell they deserve it for playing 30 games of fifa over 3 days, but then again I suppose a lot of streamers last year were getting burnt out playing the whole 40 games etc and EA lost a lost of people to that.

40 games was a nightmare!!
    I think if they did the 30 from fri to mon it’d be the perfect solution. It was so much easier last week knowing I had Monday evening to finish off if I needed to.

Taking the coins, keeping packs..... You should be ashamed of yourself.

You'll learn one day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Have about 400k now in packs built up for tomorrow, if no promos I'll probably wait.

Have a good wad of packs collected myself, should we of heard of a promo for tomorrow by now?

Don't really want to hold onto them much longer, might wait till next Weds if the TOTW is good, this one is muck!

• Advertisement

Have a good wad of packs collected myself, should we of heard of a promo for tomorrow by now?

Don't really want to hold onto them much longer, might wait till next Weds if the TOTW is good, this one is muck!
    Sometimes they announce sometimes they just do in on the spur of the moment, chinese new year promo could start anytime soon.

I'd prefer to pack nothing today than wait to pack nothing tomorrow.

I'd prefer to pack nothing today than wait to pack nothing tomorrow.

Hope your luck changes someday :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, long shot but has anyone tried a 7 chem POTM Hazard as a CM?

With an artist, he shows on Futbin as being an 89 rated CM, with great passing stats.

I'm trying to work on my midfield currently. Have a team set up as...
    Aubamyang - Best
    Zola
    XXXX - Keane - Zakaria
    Alonso - VVD - Campbell - Da Costa
    De Gea

I used my red Wijnaldum last weekend and he was fine, but not spectacular.

I do have about 130k to spend, but nothing is jumping out at me, and POTM Hazard feels a waste on the bench. Am tempted to try him out in CM. Keane and Zakaria add steel to the midfield already, and I feel I need a creative outlet in that black slot.

Ended up selling Cruyff and Buying Neymar.

xdw5mp.jpg

Lord TSC wrote:
    Lads, long shot but has anyone tried a 7 chem POTM Hazard as a CM?

Yea I have. Started him up front as an LF but played him CAM. If you set him to get forward he'll make some amazing runs for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Sick team Redzer

Id say if there is a promo tomorrow we will find out at 6pm today at the login screen. They usually show the upcoming promo on that screen.

Going to try this crossing later today

29qgso6.png

Because I'm immensely board, I'm going to start looking at some League SBCs, I think. More out of "can I do them cheap and break even via packs".

I saw a discussion on Reddit the other day that said some of the crappier leagues can be done for minimal loss, and can in fact be profitable to do multiple times. For example, the Australian one is only about 75k to do at most, but most of the packs actually look interesting. A few give rare silver player packs, for instance, for 4 or 5 thousand coins. I'm also 90% sure you can win a lot of the cards for 150 coins on bids (rather than paying the 600-700 coins BIN). Could also play into my desire to mess round with BPM. The Reddit poster said he does one of them once a week and usually walks out up coins, rather than down.

I'm finding it hard to get motivated about serious trading at the moment. I'm ticking away with some player trading, but....I think Rossie mentioned earlier that rewards aren't going to improve teams any more, and realising thats true, it saps a lot of motivation out of me. I also think it's hundreds of thousands needed to upgrade significantly at the moment, and again, I just don't have the motivation to bother doing THAT level of trading currently.

So yeah. League SBCs. Australian first, keep track of how much it costs roughly. Look at the likes of Belgian and stuff next.

All the older leagues are quite cheap to do now, I'd say do the jap one as there is a chance the next flashback will be from the jap league and the prices will rise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

pro league is another good one

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    All the older leagues are quite cheap to do now, I'd say do the jap one as there is a chance the next flashback will be from the jap league and the prices will rise.

That Podolski actually looks like he'd have a slim chance of getting a game or two as well, come to look at it. Like....a super slim chance. But German, with the Germans I have, might get an odd look for chemistry.

Decent start with Adelaide anyway. Spent 3k, made 10k back from the pack. Two rare dutch silvers were going for 3.5k each.

That 4231 is a very tasty formation and really suits me.
    I've been switching from 424 to 4222 in game but now using 4231.
    Tevez is unreal coming on and same for Rooney.
    POTM Aub gets the drop though..he simply can't hold up the ball well enough so will start with either Rooney or Zlatan up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

IF Berghuis, IF Poulsen and Paulinho from rivals and silver 2 squad battles. Not bad, will be used in the Gerrard Icon SBC if it’ll hurry up and appear this weekend or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Got OTW Mahrez in to replace POTM Lucas and even though he was pricey at 280k he's some player!

Fingers crossed he gets more ifs soon!

It's an awful time to buy OTW cards. There prices will crash as soon as the OTW summer and winter promo appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

It's an awful time to buy OTW cards. There prices will crash as soon as the OTW summer and winter promo appears.

Meh I couldn't be arsed spending that much time worrying about when is a good time and when isn't it's a virtual currency and I'm enjoying him so...

Yea just a general tip for people who don't buy packs and have unlimited coins.

Wouldn't touch them this week.

• Advertisement

Playing the patch for the first time, everyone feels so slow. Like, everyone is running at 75% speed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement