Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Lads, don't let EA tear ye down. It is what it is and, despite hating the model, we all play like fiends when we can. I am guilty, I have bought the EA loot thingys the odd time.

Don't argue about it.

I say we go on a bike!! STRIKE!! Who's with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭Guffy

Hogey007 wrote: »
    People were mentioning sbc’s for leagues earlier, here’s a spreadsheet of the sbc’s with profitable ones in green etc.

Handy for anyone who wants to build up a few packs

https://twitter.com/imaduckquackk/status/1065691480478662657?s=21

Just did milan one before sleep, 88 insigne. Do the job for sbc, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Sound for that PL league SBC talk lads, especially mentioning Cardiff silvers are extinct.... checked my club and I’ve one there, easy 16k :D

Also forgot about future stars Upamecano in my trade pile. Was going for 300k when I packed him two weeks ago and forgot to list him up.... going for 360k now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Sound for that PL league SBC talk lads, especially mentioning Cardiff silvers are extinct.... checked my club and I’ve one there, easy 16k :D

Also forgot about future stars Upamecano in my trade pile. Was going for 300k when I packed him two weeks ago and forgot to list him up.... going for 360k now :pac:

Nice! Similar for me with the Future stars, I packed the Milan right back, he was 80k at the time but I knew he’d rise when out of packs, Thursday is always the best day for selling as everyone has rewards coins and getting set for weekend league, he went for 135k yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Ah sure look it's only 60 so far plus 55 for the game so 115... the way I look at games is if I get an hour play time per 2euro spent it was worth the money and I've gotten much more game time out of this so shag it...

Yea I'm the same I work hard enough so put a little into the game which is probably only 1% of my pay check on months I buy points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

cintec wrote: »
    Yea I'm the same I work hard enough so put a little into the game which is probably only 1% of my pay check on months I buy points.

yeah get more value out of €40 spent on fifa points than i do spent on pints but each to their own!

id prob buy more if i didnt have to pay rent for a place in Dublin :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

4-0

Scared of such a good start :P

Red Gomez is a bloody treat. He’s a perfect like-for-like replacement for Zola round the 70th minute.

Player of the month voting is up... I voted for Lindeloff, probably will be Rashford.

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/status/1091335359969996802?s=19

yeah more than likely people will vote rashford...

only hope it people are sick of LW and ST special cards and people need lindelof for their squads!

• Advertisement

Honestly can’t see me doing any of them tbh.

Me either, at this stage of fifa none of them would have desirable cards for their likely costs.
    Obviously some would be nice squad players but not worth the couple of hundred k they’ll likely cost.

Promo tonight is heavily rumored to be called "Headliners"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Might replace winter OTW as there’s nothing in it that will sell packs for EA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Honestly can’t see me doing any of them tbh.

Are you serious? I'll be doing Rashford all day long if he gets it!!! He will be striker I've waited 3 years for United to have a player of the month card I'm going try buy up Sanchez and lukaku in advance and few others maybe few informs too.

whatever they drop tonight it will be huge.

with Belgium banning points this may be the last year of fifa they can make serious money off if others follow suit.

think we could see massive money grabs throughout the rest of the game.

100%

Every usuable player will have a 90 rated card come June

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

whatever they drop tonight it will be huge.

with Belgium banning points this may be the last year of fifa they can make serious money off if others follow suit.

I've a load of packs saved up for it, so hopefully it's something decent. Might be a bunch of souped up 5* skill players who "You'd pay the price of admission to see" or headline.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I give this game 2 weeks and everyone will be so sick of the gameplay, it won't matter what packs they bring out.

its worse now than it was with timed finishing. The AI defending is at an all time high.

Did notice a few more people using the AI defending the other night than usual..

Also played so many games where the other dude had zlatan up top and just trying crosses all game...

So boring but can ya blame them when he's constantly beating POTM VVD in the air and DDG can't seem to save any of them

• Advertisement

ImANoob08 wrote:
    Did notice a few more people using the AI defending the other night than usual..

Timed finishing was the way to stop people using this tactic. Now as you have said, it's a game of crossing for the easy headed goal.
    Game is going to be a complete chore to play this weekend, might not even bother playing anymore.

theres always the chance you'll run into someone like me... havent changed my play style in about 6 years and i never learn the new mechanics :P

Played 4 games today winning 3......no lb+x crosses scored or conceded and no timed finesse scored or conceded.

Most enjoyable it been in weeks..... Seeing lads **** themselves when their first time back to goal spinning timed finesse shots go wide and they don't know what to do..... Great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

The patch is great imo. I agree AI defending needs to be reduced now as well but the game has felt the best it has all year.

You need a couple of different ways of playing now. Working the wing, combination play and team structure/tactics actually mean something now. The only people I've seen seriously complain are the one who just abused the timed shooting (and are currently trying to find the next mechanic to abuse) and never bothered to work on any other part of their game. They are rightfully being punished now.

YouTubers are the worst for this. Calling the game boring and unplayable makes me smile, It's finally showing them up for their lack of skill outside the "meta". Trying to play a game of football is actually kind of rewarding at last.

Long may it continue and hopefully next is to reduce the impact of AI defending to increase the skill gap even further.

They updated the price range on Cardiff silvers and most are still extinct now with an 18k price range.

The Cardiff part alone is coming in at 100k!
    You can get IF rashford or ffs Calvert Lewin for 130k each and this part of the prem sbc is 100k (320k in total) for a vardy.

Goes to show the stupid price people pay for sbc’s compared to just buying a player.

Even bronze Cardiff players going for 9/10k, check your clubs.
    Or good for anyone who uses bronze pack method as they might hit a 10k player

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'm really enjoying the gameplay as the changes hadn't affected me that much.
    I did use the timed finesse but that was only when cutting in from the wing.
    A lot of my goals are through the centre with Aub or Zola blasting it into the net.
    I'm finding I'm scoring way more goals now and even last weekend I was 11-2.
    I was so tempted to go on and see how far I could go but then halfway through my final game which I was winning 2-0 I scored 3 own goals to give the guy the win and went to bed early.
    Even the crosses I'm not seeing at all...its probably higher up the divisions and I'm about to be promoted to div4 so if its that ****e over and over again back down to Div5 I'll go.

Also Nesta....damn awesome for his price. People point to his agility and say he can't turn etc...but he doesn't need to when he's already read the situation and collected the ball before your opponent ever got to it. He's way better than Campbell for sure.

Rossi IRL wrote:
    Most enjoyable it been in weeks..... Seeing lads **** themselves when their first time back to goal spinning timed finesse shots go wide and they don't know what to do..... Great stuff

Great for the lower divisions perhaps where you're playing 12 year old boys. ;)

Never used first timed shots myself. Never had the players to do it well enough.
    Game is crossing only in the higher divisions, watch any stream of a decent player who can defend without the AI.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

First game of WL against an 83 rated team with 87 chemistry,19 shots on target to his 2,I lost 2-1!!Might sell up my 89 rated team and by random 83s and watch the wins roll in!!
    Sitting here raging,i would happily punch a developer in the throat!!:pac::pac::pac:

5-2

But one of those two was a game I had to quit early cause something came up. The other, I just got massively outclassed, though still only lost 1-0 (he just kept passing amount his defenders).

The five.....yeah, people aren’t adjusting to changes, and the ones trying to spam on crosses are making me laugh too. My back line is Da Costa, VVD, Campbell and Alonso. Crosses will not work against them.

You see it with set pieces too. People have one they use over and over, and if you know how to counter it, they refuse to adjust. Goal kicks are a great example; a lot of people do the same one over and over, even when you catch them out a few times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

RossieMan wrote: »
    Great for the lower divisions perhaps where you're playing 12 year old boys. ;)

Never used first timed shots myself. Never had the players to do it well enough.
    Game is crossing only in the higher divisions, watch any stream of a decent player who can defend without the AI.

less stress dude.....I got tired of grinding in games a long time ago :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement