Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Just tried 5. See the sellers already trying undercutting with bin 9700 etc.

They should stick to their original plan :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

4 OTW Richarlison
    26 IF Lala
    4 IF De Marcos

I'l probably sell the OTW Richarlisons Saturday around 2pm if it's worth it so thats 30 spots on my transfer list used up with investments until I'm happy enough to cash in on the profit.

Redzer7 wrote: »
    4 OTW Richarlison
    26 IF Lala
    4 IF De Marcos

I'l probably sell the OTW Richarlisons Saturday around 2pm if it's worth it so thats 30 spots on my transfer list used up with investments until I'm happy enough to cash in on the profit.

Lala will be tricky. I think I packed him earlier and only kept him because I would not sell if that cheap and rather keep for sbc. With 26 in your pile you really need a good sbc to make a profit now. Or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Three cycles in and I've sold six cards.

Started with 7x bravo and 4x Jones.

Sold 5x bravo and 1x Jones.

Already made a profit of 30k and I have 5 cards to sell. Gonna restock up to 12no cards and keep my limit at that so I'm not too exposed but it's defo working

wonski wrote: »
    Lala will be tricky. I think I packed him earlier and only kept him because I would not sell if that cheap and rather keep for sbc. With 26 in your pile you really need a good sbc to make a profit now. Or am I missing something?

Im already guaranteed profit as they were all bought at or around discard, even if I bought at 11 and I sold for 13000 which is around lowest BIN now i'd be making 1350 on each card after tax. But he will rise eventually, pacey RB in Ligue 1, great nationality, links with Mbappe etc.

Also I think you're talking about somebody else because his inform is out of packs since yesterday haha

• Advertisement

Bought three Sergio Romero's a mangala and an Andres pereria.

See how they go.

I tried to buy popular nationalities from popular clubs with the number one being way to expensive that's why I ended eith three Romeros hoping United fans want him for their team

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Its getting harder and harder to restock.

Sold a blue Rafa there, and some of the more obscure cards do move. Once the SBC runs out, I think that will be the time to bail. Sell up whats left, and move on.

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Im already guaranteed profit as they were all bought at or around discard, even if I bought at 11 and I sold for 13000 which is around lowest BIN now i'd be making 1350 on each card after tax. But he will rise eventually, pacey RB in Ligue 1, great nationality, links with Mbappe etc.

Also I think you're talking about somebody else because his inform is out of packs since yesterday haha

I think he was released earlier.

If you bought them at 11k that makes sense.

Although he is pacey it is 81 card, you won't lose on it, but it is taking space on your transfer list is all I am saying ;)

I'm a little confused here redzer to what you've done.

My understanding is you've bought a bunch of IF cards at discard and are waiting for a revelant SBC that he will be required for so his price will go up?

If I'm correct how did you choose the one you wanted? Popular league, team or nationality?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Did a few of the UCL and upgrade packs tonight.
    Out of the 5 packs I got Kroos (base) and Sterling UCL.
    If only they had decent strikers etc in the Bundesliga.

I already have Kroos, Boateng, Naldo, IF Summer, Meunier UCL,Tolisso.
    I could buy Reus etc but there's no one really decent to pair up with Lewandowski unless I put Rues up front with Coman in behind.
    Can't really complain about my first team anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Blazer wrote: »
    Did a few of the UCL and upgrade packs tonight.
    Out of the 5 packs I got Kroos (base) and Sterling UCL.
    If only they had decent strikers etc in the Bundesliga.

I already have Kroos, Boateng, Naldo, IF Summer, Meunier UCL,Tolisso.
    I could buy Reus etc but there's no one really decent to pair up with Lewandowski unless I put Rues up front with Coman in behind.
    Can't really complain about my first team anyway.

IF Werner is excellent, Müller is also not bad as pace isn’t king this year. But definitely get IF Werner, scores in every game for me, often more than once.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Tip for anyone investing or that does sbc’s.

There’s some high rated French players going cheap

85 Ribery, 5.1k, supposedly there’s going to be bundesliga potm this year too, could be useful there

84 payet, 2.2k

84 ruffier, 1.9k

83 Laporte, 2.1k

83 mandanda, 1k

82 nzonzi 1k

Having all these in your club allows for easy link ups, When the icon sbc’s or potm for September drops, these 83,84 cards should go up in value.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

What's the verdict on Lucas POTM? Worth the doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Tip for anyone investing or that does sbc’s.

There’s some high rated French players going cheap

85 Ribery, 5.1k, supposedly there’s going to be bundesliga potm this year too, could be useful there

84 payet, 2.2k

84 ruffier, 1.9k

83 Laporte, 2.1k

83 mandanda, 1k

82 nzonzi 1k

Having all these in your club allows for easy link ups, When the icon sbc’s or potm for September drops, these 83,84 cards should go up in value.

Good tip, gonna stock up on Ribery at that price. Not a big trader so I don’t mind sitting on a few investments for a while.

Only thing is Duda is expected to win it and he's only a 73 rated silver so probably not worth doing really.

Liamalone wrote: »
    What's the verdict on Lucas POTM? Worth the doing?

Definitely for 50k. I'm playing him RM in 4-1-2-1-2 and he's chipping in the goals nicely.
    However I just got Sterling's blue card and while Lucas is supposed to be fast as Sterling he's not. Sterling is lightning fast in this game.

Only thing is Duda is expected to win it and he's only a 73 rated silver so probably not worth doing really.

I think it’s only a matter of time before it rises anyway, we’ve yet to have an sbc that requires a high rated team, as soon as that happens the likes of ribery, payet and that 84 rated Spanish midfielder mentioned earlier for 2k will all get a nice jump.
    I’d expect cheapest 85’s to be around 8 or 9k when these higher sbc’s start and ribery is perfect in that he’s a common nationality and league so easy to link

After almost 150 games played I really hope EA stops taking money from United and let other team players being overpowered :)

Just beaten with another Fellaini and the band combo, they barely had a ball but somehow managed to put two past me.

Rant over. But it is ridicolous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Definitely for 50k. I'm playing him RM in 4-1-2-1-2 and he's chipping in the goals nicely.
    However I just got Sterling's blue card and while Lucas is supposed to be fast as Sterling he's not. Sterling is lightning fast in this game.

Took me about 15k to do it there, will let him tog out if I get playing it over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

This seems like the worst year for BS game play.

I just played a game of rivals.......18 shots to 1, and I ended up drawing 1-1. My CDM blocks a shot, it deflects through his legs, both my CBs fall over while the ball rolls between them to his Gabriel Jesus, the ball magically glitches through Gabriel Jesus's knee, and then strikes it with his right leg (which glitches through his left leg!) and he scores.

• Advertisement

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    I'm a little confused here redzer to what you've done.

My understanding is you've bought a bunch of IF cards at discard and are waiting for a revelant SBC that he will be required for so his price will go up?

If I'm correct how did you choose the one you wanted? Popular league, team or nationality?

Nope I don't buy them for SBCs. I invest in informs that I think would be useful (best in position, good links, pacey etc). I wait till they go out of packs. A few days ago I bought Taliscas at 27/28k he's now going for 40k and it's only been a few days. I try to buy at what I think is the lowest point and sell at the highest it's simple. I'm up past 2 million now.

Although it takes up a bit of space in the trade pile i have another 70 free spaces there so it's not as bad as it seems ha.

I try buy during promo packs when everything gets sold for pennies and I never panic sell. I also put position changes on some and list them overnight for mad money and that works a treat too. Lala is RWB so I put a RB card on him 2 nights ago and sold him for 18k BiN when he could have easily bought him for 13k and bought a RWB>RB for nothing. These are called lazy buyers, everynight I list some and without fail there's always one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

v3ttel wrote: »

I just played a game of rivals.......18 shots to 1, and I ended up drawing 1-1. My CDM blocks a shot, it deflects through his legs, both my CBs fall over while the ball rolls between them to his Gabriel Jesus, the ball magically glitches through Gabriel Jesus's knee, and then strikes it with his right leg (which glitches through his left leg!) and he scores.

Yep, played a game last night where i had 22 shots and 17 on target to his 2, sneaked a 2-1 win with a 92nd minute goal, his equaliser arrived in the 88th minute, where he crossed the ball, it hit my keeper, it ricochets onto the post, hit my keeper again who is lying on the ground for some reason at this point, and the ball rolls across the goal for his striker to tap it in.

my opponent sent me a pm actually apologising for it and cos i should have won by more.

If I manage to clear my trade pile of blues I should be up around 250k coins so I'll try this I think see how I get on!

Did another 3 or 4 of the untradeable champions league players.

Got the 83 kondogbia, pity I can’t sell because he’s almost extinct at max price of 110k.

I’ve come up against his base card a few times and he seems good, will use him as a sub for the moment and if good try work him into my premier league team, I’m sure I could work something out with French players, read somewhere in this thread that fekir was superb.

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    If I manage to clear my trade pile of blues I should be up around 250k coins so I'll try this I think see how I get on!

Great sum for investments! Make sure you leave a good amount of coins to flip other players while you're waiting for your investments to rise. I have my team complete so I have the patience to wait for my investments to rise.

Just played my first ever WL game and its definitely different.
    Played a guy who basically lobbed the ball forward and used his wings.
    At 3-1 down I was thinking **** but came back once I settled down into the rhythm of it and drew 3-3. Lost on penos though which are appalling as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

v3ttel wrote: »

Yep, played a game last night where i had 22 shots and 17 on target to his 2, sneaked a 2-1 win with a 92nd minute goal, his equaliser arrived in the 88th minute, where he crossed the ball, it hit my keeper, it ricochets onto the post, hit my keeper again who is lying on the ground for some reason at this point, and the ball rolls across the goal for his striker to tap it in.

my opponent sent me a pm actually apologising for it and cos i should have won by more.

Had a couple of games like that. Worst being where he had both CB's sent off before HT. His keeper saved both penalties. He got a goal from the 8th. phase of a corner where my players where just swan diving over the ball or clearing it straight at him. I had 18 shots to 2 and just about managed to win it in stoppage time 2-1.

Was one of those games where I felt I may as well put the controller down as it was pre-determined I wasn't winning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lads you will always have games that are messed up and they don't go your way but in my opinion this is one of the best In years for game play. Even real like games how many times do you think how did they not win that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jayo26 wrote: »
    Lads you will always have games that are messed up and they don't go your way but in my opinion this is one of the best In years for game play. Even real like games how many times do you think how did they not win that.

Yeah, I'm leaning more this way.

Despite the fact it doesn't play to my strengths at all, I'm way happier with how the game has moved away from pace abuse, and more into timing passes and skill moves.

Yeah, there's the usual BS, in terms of momentum and stuff, but its no worse than every game to be honest. Thats just Fifa.

Anyway, 1-2 in weekend league so far. Had 2 other games I was dominating but both got "disconnected" as I was through on goal :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Gameplay is a lot better than last years I think. It is harder to break a team down which makes it a bit more realistic and there is more of an emphasis on build up play I think. I'm really struggling with the shooting however, I'd say all of my goals have either been from placed shots (R1 + O) or else headers, any tips for shooting other ways??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement