Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Gameplay is a lot better than last years I think. It is harder to break a team down which makes it a bit more realistic and there is more of an emphasis on build up play I think. I'm really struggling with the shooting however, I'd say all of my goals have either been from placed shots (R1 + O) or else headers, any tips for shooting other ways??

I've found it better since I turned the new power shooting malarky thing off. I think it's because you rarely get time for a clean shot off and can be pressing the shoot button more then once and it thinks you're timing is completely off so shoots ****e then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

OTW Richarlison up to 25k BIN now from 20k last night, raging I never bought more now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

jayo26 wrote: »
    Lads you will always have games that are messed up and they don't go your way but in my opinion this is one of the best In years for game play. Even real like games how many times do you think how did they not win that.

I agree, it's much better in that it's not just lofted through ball for 90+ pace striker. Sometimes it's good to vent though.

One thing that does annoy me though is that if it's a 50-50 ball and you are side by side with the opponent you are almost better off letting him win it as even if they shield the ball if you are in any way level with them you will just disposes them immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Redzer7 wrote: »
    OTW Richarlison up to 25k BIN now from 20k last night, raging I never bought more now.

What platform?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oh, one thing I loathe is the new goal kick system.

I've gone from goal kicks being a safe enough way to move the ball out after being under pressure, to constantly hoofing it to either one of their players or into the stand :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I agree that gameplay is much better this year but am rivals a bit of a slog. The idea of having with win 14 games (30 points for win 400 points for promotion) without a loss seems exessive compared to online seasons in previous games, unless i have my claculations wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I see that my 1600 points are carried over for next week qualification.

If that's true the quality of players will drop slightly next week :)

Will probably benefit everyone - some will have a chance to try weekend league and the others will have easier games.

Liamalone wrote: »
    What platform?

Ps4 touching 26ish now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Ps4 touching 26ish now

Same on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Guffy

How much can bad chem from 1 player affect the game play.

Packed a cl Mertens 88 from an untradeable pack but have an epl team. If i put him in the overall chem stayss at 100 but he has a chem of 4 with 3 red links. Will he play crap cayse of this or how does it work?

• Advertisement

This will lower his stats. If you check player attributes you will see these numbers.

Always liked Mertens in the game. Worst case scenario use your first sub early and bring him on after the first whistle.

Guffy wrote: »
    How much can bad chem from 1 player affect the game play.

Packed a cl Mertens 88 from an untradeable pack but have an epl team. If i put him in the overall chem stayss at 100 but he has a chem of 4 with 3 red links. Will he play crap cayse of this or how does it work?

Check out Futbin.

https://www.futbin.com/19/player/721/Dries%20Mertens/?chem=null&pchem=3&schem=100

There's an option there to check his stats when he's on Poor chem. He's still pretty good even with 3 chem, but he'll get no bonus from chemistry cards, so a poorer player on 10 chem might have better stats in vital places.

wonski wrote: »
    This will lower his stats. If you check player attributes you will see these numbers.

Always liked Mertens in the game. Worst case scenario use your first sub early and bring him on after the first whistle.

Just bare in mind that he still doesn't get full chem even if brought on as a sub.

Just bare in mind that he still doesn't get full chem even if brought on as a sub.

I think it is 7 as default, better than 4.

Packed Chiellini which brought my "transfer" profit up to 867k :)

Tried Silva as a cam and while his passing is great I found him very absent at times.

What non expensive players (10-20k)are people using as cam?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Ps4 touching 26ish now

Has barely dipped below 30k on xbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Stichy

Hi Lads, Im new to Fifa UT I have qualified for the weekend league with 2000pts. I jump on this morning and it wont let me in it says redeem for 6Days time? can I not play in this weeks do you have to enter before it starts? Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Stichy wrote: »
    Hi Lads, Im new to Fifa UT I have qualified for the weekend league with 2000pts. I jump on this morning and it wont let me in it says redeem for 6Days time? can I not play in this weeks do you have to enter before it starts? Cheers

Yeah you probably didn't redeem them before the weekend league started this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Played first game on weekend league and I was one of the stats you were talking about earlier except on the receiving end, they had about 18 shots on goal to my 4, 0-0 at full time, they go 1 up on 97th min and look to be cruising, I equalize in 1st min of injury time on 121 mins.
    They beat me on penalties but really shoulda battered me!

Given my team (good but not amazing) and more importantly my ability (or lack of) I probably shoulda held my pass until next week (international break so more free time to play as not much soccer on tv) as not sure if I’ll get to requalify.
    I’d be happy to get the 6 matches won to get the 1000 points towards next week.

I like though that you get division rivals points from this too, will help towards getting rewards for next week.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Oh, one thing I loathe is the new goal kick system.

I've gone from goal kicks being a safe enough way to move the ball out after being under pressure, to constantly hoofing it to either one of their players or into the stand :(

Any Long Goal kick I find just immediately turns into a 4-on-2 for the other team as all my players piss off up the pitch, and the clearing headers launches them straight into a counter attack.

I'm roatating Fabregas & Sigurdsson on my EPL team currently while I save up for something better, just not sure who that is. De Bruyne in an ideal world but possibly Ozil or Mkhi. Have a CF Firminho atm I'm considering moving to CAM.

I think it is 7 as default, better than 4.

Packed Chiellini which brought my "transfer" profit up to 867k :)

Tried Silva as a cam and while his passing is great I found him very absent at times.

Fekir is brilliant as well.

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    Any Long Goal kick I find just immediately turns into a 4-on-2 for the other team as all my players piss off up the pitch, and the clearing headers launches them straight into a counter attack.

I'm roatating Fabregas & Sigurdsson on my EPL team currently while I save up for something better, just not sure who that is. De Bruyne in an ideal world but possibly Ozil or Mkhi. Have a CF Firminho atm I'm considering moving to CAM.

I found Firmino's passing isn't good enough for CAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Did another CL upgrade pack last night and got Eriksen. Since he’s untradeable and worth over 350k, I decided I had to find a way to get him into my team. Only on 7 chem right now (will swap manager to bring him up to 8), but he’s great tbh.

wCyuTE2.jpg

Just waiting to save up for Lewandowski now and I’ll go 4-2-2-2 with him and Werner up front. Playing well with the current team though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Guffy

Played my first ever wl games there. Lost the first one 5-1 was thinkong nope not for me. Went and bought ederson to replace the wolves keeper amd won the second one 4-2.

Its a weird game. Ebs and flows are massive in it and the winner seems to be the one who can keep a clean sheet when its their turn to defend. Massive sample size of 2 games there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

martyos121 wrote: »
    Did another CL upgrade pack last night and got Eriksen. Since he’s untradeable and worth over 350k, I decided I had to find a way to get him into my team. Only on 7 chem right now (will swap manager to bring him up to 8), but he’s great tbh.

wCyuTE2.jpg

Just waiting to save up for Lewandowski now and I’ll go 4-2-2-2 with him and Werner up front. Playing well with the current team though.

Wow, that’s a great pull, I’m going to try 2 or 3 before sbc finishes at 6.

Blazer wrote: »
    I found Firmino's passing isn't good enough for CAM.

Yeah I have him up for sale at the moment while I can't get games in, only used him 2/3 times now and wasn't really impressed. Fabregas even seems much better.

I had forgotten how much I despise weekend league :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

currently 7-1 myself.

Finding the gameplay much better, still absolute BS happening all the time but its not as bad as Rivals.
    Any gold finish will be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,644 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

So what's the verdict so far on this year compared to last?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I like it....volleys/bicycle kicks are a bit op. Timed finishing is hard to perfect, but it’s pretty broken if you do perfect it. I haven’t gotten the hang of it just yet and I’m still managing to bang in goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Did one last 2 player champions league pack

Ramos

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement