Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Anyone not like ordinary C. Ronaldo? I think I've played around 80 or so games with him and I just can't warm to him, feels sluggish, maybe it's my playstyle.

100%
    Whenever I've used him, I always find he doesn't justify his price tag at all.

Mind, I had that last year but when I'd try his special versions in draft, he was awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,087 ✭✭✭Guffy

Shevchenko is class. Great positioning, good paceand always scoring. I dont score a lot goals anyway but seem to be scoring a few more since i moved to Shevchenko from rtf Benzema.

61 goals from 56 games may not sound like a lot but my games generally finish 1-0 or 2-1 either wat

Absolutely never gets old...

0xh9idU.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Lord TSC wrote: »

0xh9idU.png

Haha, brilliant, his scream card is extinct so probably people sniping looking for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

0xh9idU.png
    Wait what did they think they were buying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Prime Larsson at ST with a hawk is just great lads

Maybe give him a try if your getting rid of Ronaldo

Cheap enough aswell

Redo91 wrote: »
    Wait what did they think they were buying?

A card that quick sells for 9900 coins, like In Forms do :P

What's the feedback on Rijkaard, lads?

I'm up to 500k in the bank, and have a good few cards I could use towards him; I could give up 91 Suarez, IF Benzema, and a few decently high cost players I've got sitting there. Not enough to it yet, but I should be able to scrounge together the required amount within the 11 days.

I do want my next icon to be a midfielder; I feel I've got an abundance of attackers and defenders. I feel I need someone to sit beside Keane, and probably behind Zola (as CAM).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Ballack is the perfect companion to Keane..he's really awesome to me.
    Unless you're playing CDM for both I wouldn't advise Keane and Rijkaard in midfield. Not enough passing quality I reckon.

Man I'm getting sick of the man on the post doing absolutely nothing to save a goal. Both times the ball passed millimetres beside their frakking head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

That was a rocket, nothing any defender in the world could do with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Blazer wrote: »
    Ballack is the perfect companion to Keane..he's really awesome to me.
    Unless you're playing CDM for both I wouldn't advise Keane and Rijkaard in midfield. Not enough passing quality I reckon.

This is a big problem with playing kante and fabiniho in cm in a 4-2-4 for me...

I've since got keane so will try him beside kante but I really need a baller CDM in there... too often my forward passes are getting cut out

RossieMan wrote: »
    Out of interest blazer, what's your goals per game ratio with Zola? I highly doubt he gets you a goal a game.

Let me just check.

Here we go. He's just passed his 500th game.
    Every single game has been Rivals or WL. No bull**** SB mode or online singles where it can inflate his stats.
    He's been a sub and I brought him on for the last 20 mins etc when I was trying out Raul, Stoichkov, Van Basten and Ronaldo so essentially 60-80 of those 501 games were as a sub which throws off his stats a bit.
    He also has approx 268 assists I think. As one person put it on reddit Prime Zola lies between Messi's base card and his toty card.
    I love the little guy to bits and I imagine I'll never trade him in except for R9 or Cruyff.
    In WL he's ripped teams apart and easily my top scorer across WL mode by far.
    I'm tempted to try hunter on him but hawk gives him a tiny physical boost.
    His con is his composure I imagine..he tends to be only 50/50 when 1 on 1 with the keeper in the box. Its why I always volley, finesse, shoot from outside the penalty box and main box with him.
    What position do you play Hazard in Rossie? He was a goal magnet for me at ST but I hate having strikers on 7 chem even though for someone like Hazard's potm card it makes no difference.

wReYfve.png

That was a rocket, nothing any defender in the world could do with that!

he didnt' even move his bloody head. Hell the ball clipped his ear from the replay. 2nd bloody time. From the front Alonso had about half a sec to jump or move his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Played two drafts just now, first draft got a ****e team and knocked out in the first round. Second draft, TOTY Ronaldo, Ramos + Marcelo. Knocked out in the second round cos I’m ****e at the game, but TOTY Ronaldo was worth spending the 30k to use him for two games. Unreal, scores everything.

Played two drafts just now, first draft got a ****e team and knocked out in the first round. Second draft, TOTY Ronaldo, Ramos + Marcelo. Knocked out in the second round cos I’m ****e at the game, but TOTY Ronaldo was worth spending the 30k to use him for two games. Unreal, scores everything.

Yeah toty Ronaldo is absolutely lethal at corners. I was 2-0 up in draft and cruising and my opponent got 3 corners and boom..CR7 headed all 3 in.
    What a cvnt. But what a card.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

My Headliner Pogba should get a nice little upgrade on Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Forgot how much of a beast POTM Aubameyang was!

Forgot how much of a beat POTM Aubameyang was!

that was my problem with having CR7. potm Aub was excellent but was CR7 worth the upgrade?
    In the end I decided not and blew the entire 3mill on packs. Didn't get a single headliner out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Kiko from Real reached 2k now. Have sold few for 2.5k today.

Had no time for trading so just bought 50 of them and wait. It was worth it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Blazer wrote: »
    that was my problem with having CR7. potm Aub was excellent but was CR7 worth the upgrade?
    In the end I decided not and blew the entire 3mill on packs. Didn't get a single headliner out of them.
    Makes me question why did I ever stop playing him at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Schweinsteiger off bench is nice to have. Just turned the fut champions game around with two goals in 20 minutes :)

Still 3-3 only now. All games were difficult so far.

Makes me question why did I ever stop playing him at all.

yeah if it was the toty version then fair enough but as good as his base version is its not worth the price over Aub at our level.
    Maybe at Rossie's level alright :)

Nah I'll never have enough coins to get Ronaldo. I've built my team from actually playing the game, not using my credit card ;) so my team isn't anywhere near as good as any of yours.

Nah I'll never have enough coins to get Ronaldo. I've built my team from actually playing the game, not using my credit card ;) so my team isn't anywhere near as good as any of yours.

Like you’ve said it’s a pay to win game.

Anyway, I'm 13-8 this evening. One win from 9 to equal my best ever weekend. Have to admit, I'm eyeing up 17 now. Its fun seeing an actual improvement in my game. I've added some fake shots this weekend, and am seeing the benefits.

I also had this happen this evening.

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/shadowclan619/video/69055377

I presume there's a way to bring your keeper out a bit on corners, to counter some types of shots. I notice it's gotten more and more popular in recent weeks, and being cheeky, I've been trying to catch people out on it. Finally did it today :pac:

What cameras settings are you playing on? That looks awful to play with!

And you can move your keeper by clicking in the right stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I presume there's a way to bring your keeper out a bit on corners, to counter some types of shots. I notice it's gotten more and more popular in recent weeks, and being cheeky, I've been trying to catch people out on it. Finally did it today :pac:

It's moving your keeper. Press in on the right stick and move in the direction you want. Was the only way to deal with timed finesses for a while. Easy to do but hard to master and easy to look stupid with but when you get good at it then it can make a big difference. I'm fairly ****e at it though :pac:

Edit: yeah as rossie said.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

A lot of us are decent at trading, munir up past 6k btw, glad I stuck to logic last week when you advised to sell :)

• Advertisement

What cameras settings are you playing on? That looks awful to play with!

I think it's "dynamic". Same one I've been using for years (iirc, they took it out a year or two ago, and there was uproar, so they put it back in). Just the angle I'm used to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement