Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Been using 87 Cannevaro over the weekend

He is very very very good

Small but wins every header

99 jumping with an anchor

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Never packed a player worth a damn, but those free packs were great for fitness and contract cards. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Gonna sell up all my tradable players now and wait for TOTS promo. Game is practically unplayable and a complete chore to play. Rivals is worse than WL for gameplay. Massive changes needed again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

RossieMan wrote: »
    Redzer7 wrote: »
    Felt empty this morning opening the app to see no free packs in the store.

has been gone 2 weeks on PC as we got the game earlier than you lot!

So... you have spent money on packs in this game......

Ironic.

ImANoob08 wrote:

Huh? Origin premier on PC. Never spent a penny on packs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

How do you find it Rossie?
    I'm going to cancel it after August.
    Have no interest in the next fifa and BF5 was a huge disappointment.

Awful, being honest. BF5 is shockingly bad, Anthem might save them?

Yea I'll probably cancel too. FIFA has been a massive failure got me too this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

I got a free pack this morning. I think I was late redeeming the code so maybe that’s why.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

ImANoob08 wrote: »

Ironic.
    Realistically, yes.

FUT is pretty much pay-to-win. The alternative is spending a load of time trading cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Gonna sell up all my tradable players now and wait for TOTS promo. Game is practically unplayable and a complete chore to play. Rivals is worse than WL for gameplay. Massive changes needed again next year.

Funny that people who's entire game was based on exploiting x are now calling the game broken when that doesn't work for them and their results take a hit.

From reading some of the posts in this thread the general feeling seems to be that the game has only improved since the patch and i'd 100% be on that side. Heading is powerful but a LOT easier to counter than 360 scope finesse shots.

• Advertisement

Awful, being honest. BF5 is shockingly bad, Anthem might save them?

Yea I'll probably cancel too. FIFA has been a massive failure got me too this year.

Apart from Pubg fifa is all i really use my pc as regards gaming.
    I reckon EA will have to do something drastic to entice people to keep playing it. Reckon down the line we’ll see versions released with an icon etc or Messi/Ronaldo.
    More likely the icon and it will be untradeable etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Blazer wrote: »
    Apart from Pubg fifa is all i really use my pc as regards gaming.
    I reckon EA will have to do something drastic to entice people to keep playing it. Reckon down the line we’ll see versions released with an icon etc or Messi/Ronaldo.
    More likely the icon and it will be untradeable etc

Pes did this. The special edition would give one player from the previous seasons team of the season. You'd be looking at it thinking about Messi and Ronaldo and end up with one of the full backs or something :pac: . Still it was a nice way to start off building your team.

An untradable base Icon would be nice to start with.

Pes did this. The special edition would give one player from the previous seasons team of the season. You'd be looking at it thinking about Messi and Ronaldo and end up with one of the full backs or something :pac: . Still it was a nice way to start off building your team.

An untradable base Icon would be nice to start with.
    Yes, would be good for new players who don't end up with their bronze/silver team matchmade against some team that has been bought with money.

ImANoob08 wrote:

You got the packs because you PAY for a service.... it's like the lads who bought the ultimate edition saying there "free" packs ran out when is reality they paid and extra 20 or 30 euro for the game to give them a pack or two a week for the first 24 weeks or whatever it is?

I on the other hand bought the 55euro version of the game and spend around 100 on packs and you call me out for it when in reality I wouldn't say your miles behind me in money spent on the game with the subscription model...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

awec wrote: »
    Yes, would be good for new players who don't end up with their bronze/silver team matchmade against some team that has been bought with money.

You can easily build gold rare team in the early stage. Never ever used bronze or silver team unless I wanted to.

There is no pay to win unless you spend hundreds of euro, and even then there is no guarantee you get anything good.

Plenty of people here shared some tips about trading. It is easy to make money without spending real money. It does take a time and patience, but ultimate generally does require a bit of extra time spent on. If I wasn't trading at all, I would just play seasons.

Pyjamarama wrote:
    From reading some of the posts in this thread the general feeling seems to be that the game has only improved since the patch and i'd 100% be on that side. Heading is powerful but a LOT easier to counter than 360 scope finesse shots.

Have a look at the larger community base. It's a shambles. The update has literally drove people away from the game. It's now sit everyone behind the ball and counter attack.

My results are better than ever, by the way. I hardly get any losses now. Bit it's not enjoyable to play.

I think you're joking yourself if you call what's going on now good gameplay.

This game is defiantly not pay to win.

I've played for years and have always done the same thing, buy the base game and spend between 100-150 euro on packs a year..

This is the first year I've ever tried trading thanks to this thread and I've the best team I've had by a clear mile.

I have three icons in nesta, keane and nakata. I've never had an icon before.

I have three POTM cards in VVD, Aubem and Lucas, again I've never had one before..

My team in general is miles better even without the special cards and it's call down to trading.

Sure buying packs at the start gives you a slight jump but in general it gives you enough to start the game with a good squad but if you were trading on the app in the lead up to release there would be no need to do this.

It's the definition of pay to win. You can spend real money for packs that give you better players. Especially at the start, spending real money will give you an advantage over those who don't.

Yea you can spend ages trading and get the same result, but those packs are there for a shortcut for people to build strongish teams without putting much effort in.

Don't agree, it give you a chance to get a good player that's still available to everyone.

Pay to win to me is being able to buy something that gives you a totally op player that can only be gotten through spending real money

Don't agree, it give you a chance to get a good player that's still available to everyone.

Pay to win to me is being able to buy something that gives you a totally op player that can only be gotten through spending real money

no, having the chance to pack the best players using money is the definition of pay to win. Hopefully other countries follow Belgium and they get loot crates/P2W banned once and for all. Its just scummy of EA not to guarantee you a good player.

the game is massively geared towards pay to win. Not everyone has hours upon hours to sit on an app and trade non-rare golds for coins.

• Advertisement

Very easy to put to bed.
    I've spent the bones of over €500 on the game since it launched.
    Most of my top rewards have come from packs I spent money on.
    The only exceptions was the recent MM rewards which gave me CR7, Hazard, Marcelo and headliners Pepe.
    But the players to complete the sbc came from packs I bought.

Out of all the top teams who here have bought packs? No worries if you don't want to answer but people have seen my teams and know that my team is really out of reach for most people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

It's the definition of pay to win. You can spend real money for packs that give you better players. Especially at the start, spending real money will give you an advantage over those who don't.

Yea you can spend ages trading and get the same result, but those packs are there for a shortcut for people to build strongish teams without putting much effort in.

Pay to win is putting money in to win games fifa doesn't work like that yes it gives you a better team if you get lucky buying packs but if your good enough at the game you can beat most super teams within reason or if your bad enough at the game you can spend thousands and still not win.

The entire arguments about pay to win is stupid if people don't like it go play season's mode. We have lads in here all year moaning about trading this and trading that and not liking transfer system and what not, well everything thats been moaned about is not in season's mode.

It's not as if fifa half way through a year bring in buying fifa points it's been around years we know what we getting into every year.

And Zola is a beast!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Having better players doesn't mean winning games anyway. Play a lot at the start, do a bit of trading, get some luck in packs and you are as good as those who spend money on it.

Not too mention that I have beaten few full icons team, toty etc in fut champions despite being just div 5 players.

You need to know how to use them.

I still have 84 Parolo and other non expensive or even free cards and comfortably get 14 wins. Could reach 17 if I bothered. This week only 11, but played last night only and managed 7 wins in 10 to get me there. Didn't have a time earlier.

85 Balotelli is my top player ;)

Blown 140k on packs last night and got Mandzukic and Hernandez. The packs are crap and people don't pay to win. They pay to be dissapointed :)

Blazer wrote: »
    Very easy to put to bed.
    I've spent the bones of over €500 on the game since it launched.
    Most of my top rewards have come from packs I spent money on.
    The only exceptions was the recent MM rewards which gave me CR7, Hazard, Marcelo and headliners Pepe.
    But the players to complete the sbc came from packs I bought.

Out of all the top teams who here have bought packs? No worries if you don't want to answer but people have seen my teams and know that my team is really out of reach for most people.

I spent around same as you id say or probably less but i got my best pack pulls from rewards and earned most my coins via trading I think what spending money made easy for me was having stockpile of players for sbc that's about it.

I've spent around 100 or so and my best pulls have come from rivals untradable packs, I'm not saying buying packs doesn't give you a better chance at getting good players but the way this game works in matching you against similar teams means it's not really pay to win.

Pay to win would be buying a totally op gun in COD that can only be gotten through spending money and then murdering people online with it.

I can't remember the last time I came up against a team that on paper wasn't as good if not better than mine and the times I do I know the guy using that team must be a serious player

I think people are getting hung up on the "win" part. Obviously it's not a case of pay money, guaranteed to win every game. But that's not what pay-to-win means anyway.

But it's microtransactions that are not purely cosmetic. You pay money, you have a better chance of better players. The more money you spend, the greater the chance of a better team.

You get better teams in FUT by either sinking your time into trading, or pumping money in. The former is absolutely fair enough and lots of people clearly enjoy it, the later is bollocks but pays the bills for EA.

I've spent around 100 or so and my best pulls have come from rivals untradable packs, I'm not saying buying packs doesn't give you a better chance at getting good players but the way this game works in matching you against similar teams means it's not really pay to win.

Pay to win would be buying a totally op gun in COD that can only be gotten through spending money and then murdering people online with it.

I can't remember the last time I came up against a team that on paper wasn't as good if not better than mine and the times I do I know the guy using that team must be a serious player
    So where do you think your team would be if you hadn't spent that 100 quid, and therefore didn't have any of the players you packed, or any of the coins you got from selling those players?

You'd be worse off.

I think people are getting hung up on the "win" part. Obviously it's not a case of pay money, guaranteed to win every game. But that's not what pay-to-win means anyway.

But it's microtransactions that are not purely cosmetic. You pay money, you have a better chance of better players. The more money you spend, the greater the chance of a better team.

You get better teams in FUT by either sinking your time into trading, or pumping money in. The former is absolutely fair enough and lots of people clearly enjoy it, the later is bollocks but pays the bills for EA.

This is not all directed at you ok

But if people dont like that aspect then why come back every year? Why have a go at people that buy packs? They not breaking the rules the game is laid out every year people know what it's about people know about poor pack odds.

I also call bull on someone that doesn't have time to trade and doesn't buy packs but has a transfer profit of over 7 million and always complains every week about getting poor rewards how does that figure?

There's literally no point, they just don't want to have a conversation that might not agree with their way of thinking.

If you disagree, you either can't score with the new play system, or can't trade as well as them so it's your fault.

Not that EA are a complete shambles of a company and have completely ruined their game.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    This is not all directed at you ok

But if people dont like that aspect then why come back every year? Why have a go at people that buy packs? They not breaking the rules the game is laid out every year people know what it's about people know about poor pack odds.

I also call bull on someone that doesn't have time to trade and doesn't buy packs but has a transfer profit of over 7 million and always complains every week about getting poor rewards how does that figure?
    I don't come back. I play online seasons mostly. Used to play FUT but just got a bit fed up with it. In fairness, it used to be a lot worse with dicks buying coins rather than packs.

Someone asked earlier do you need to spend money in FUT to compete. I just said realistically you do, because the whole model of the game mode is around encouraging players to pump money in for better teams. You can do it without spending money, but most people will get bored of trading long before they have a great team and EA know this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement