Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

awec wrote: »
    ImANoob08 wrote: »
    I've spent around 100 or so and my best pulls have come from rivals untradable packs, I'm not saying buying packs doesn't give you a better chance at getting good players but the way this game works in matching you against similar teams means it's not really pay to win.

Pay to win would be buying a totally op gun in COD that can only be gotten through spending money and then murdering people online with it.

I can't remember the last time I came up against a team that on paper wasn't as good if not better than mine and the times I do I know the guy using that team must be a serious player
    So where do you think your team would be if you hadn't spent that 100 quid, and therefore didn't have any of the players you packed, or any of the coins you got from selling those players?

You'd be worse off.

Honestly I'd say it wouldn't be far off what I have to be honest..

I'd say if I found out how little difference it would have actually made it'd make me feel a little sick putting 100euro into a game for that one or two players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I don't come back. I play online seasons mostly. Used to play FUT but just got a bit fed up with it. In fairness, it used to be a lot worse with dicks buying coins rather than packs.

Someone asked earlier do you need to spend money in FUT to compete. I just said realistically you do, because the whole model of the game mode is around encouraging players to pump money in for better teams. You can do it without spending money, but most people will get bored of trading long before they have a great team and EA know this.

And I completely agree with you on most points here I myself am burnt out of it at this stage already but I'm not going to turn around and blame Ea because they have microtransactions the game has been same since I started playing it 7 year ago

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I can understand paying loads of cashing giving a massive INITIAL advantage.

But this deep into the game now, you really should have a large coin reserve, and certainly enough to start trading up quickly as well, just from playing.

When I was getting 11 wins a week, I was getting 20k from rewards, and the packs. AND the points going towards division rivals meant I could have been claiming an extra 30k (if I wasn't taking the untradeable packs). That's 50k a week, not including 500 coins a game, not including all of the coin boosts, ignoring rewards and such, you should and could have been getting since week one.

After that, it's 100% possible to be trading your way to top level teams. I spent €50 on top of the game's cost in week one, don't think I packed bugger all, and then traded up to a team that's worth, according to Futbin, about 8.5m coins.

Three weeks ago, I mentioned I was down to 5k coins in my bank balance after buying Best. Without spending a penny since, I've a bank balance of 565k currently. All through trading and weekend league.

Coins give an initial advantage, and for many who have plenty of disposable cash, it gives them great teams without having to put in effort.

But it is 100% possible to get a crazy level team through trading, IF you're willing to invest the time instead of money. You have to invest something, be it time trading, time playing (to get better and better rewards) or straight cash. But it feels sometimes like people who moan about others having better teams are the same people who just don't fancy investing anything into it, yet expecting to be given the same as those who do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

This is completely true. The problem being is if for example someone is better than you, and consistently fonishes higher than you in the WL and is in a higher division, shouldn't they be rewarded more than you are? Should gold 3s get better rewards or even have the same chance of getting the players elite players do?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

RossieMan wrote: »
    Should gold 3s get better rewards or even have the same chance of getting the players elite players do?

I'd take elite/top 100 rewards over gold 3 everyday

The reason gold 3 seems to be better is that there is probably millions of people finishing gold 3 and only 3-400 finishing top 100 between the platforms.

Top 100 is what 5 picks with 5 choices in each so that's 25 choice cards

Gold 3 is what 2 choices of 3 so that's 6 choices

Top 100 also gives 100k packs and packs with guaranteed tradable informs. Witch add up to 150k minimum but realistically 400k ish

Gold 3 categorically does not get better rewards than elite/top 100

• Advertisement

I can only really comment on my own experience and for the last five years or so what I've done is bought the game and put 20 or so into packs straight away, then throughout the year I've bought another 100 or so.

This year my team is miles ahead of anything I've ever had and the only thing that's changed is the time I've put into trading.

I've spent most nights building SBC's, buying up investments or even just relisting what I have.

As said above you gotta either invest money or time do neither and you'll get nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

jayo26 wrote: »
    And I completely agree with you on most points here I myself am burnt out of it at this stage already but I'm not going to turn around and blame Ea because they have microtransactions the game has been same since I started playing it 7 year ago

Micro transactions I hate, but at the same time when promo packs are out we benefit of it as the prices go down a lot.

Kiko selling at 3k very well now. Got 15 sold in last 3 windows BTW.

Have few more listed at 4-5k.

Champions league sbc tomorrow could help :)

Rossi IRL wrote:
    Top 100 also gives 100k packs and packs with guaranteed tradable informs. Witch add up to 150k minimum but realistically 400k ish

Ive finished elite 1 and elite 2 a couple of weekends, packed nothing from either of the packs. The pack value EA put on their packs literally means nothing.
    My best rewards have came from gold 3, not from people uploading them to YouTube. I'm speaking from personal experience. It literally makes no sense to go for elite currently as the rewards just don't match the effort. Better off grinding rivals and getting the ultimate packs instead.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I can understand paying loads of cashing giving a massive INITIAL advantage.

But this deep into the game now, you really should have a large coin reserve, and certainly enough to start trading up quickly as well, just from playing.

When I was getting 11 wins a week, I was getting 20k from rewards, and the packs. AND the points going towards division rivals meant I could have been claiming an extra 30k (if I wasn't taking the untradeable packs). That's 50k a week, not including 500 coins a game, not including all of the coin boosts, ignoring rewards and such, you should and could have been getting since week one.

After that, it's 100% possible to be trading your way to top level teams. I spent €50 on top of the game's cost in week one, don't think I packed bugger all, and then traded up to a team that's worth, according to Futbin, about 8.5m coins.

Three weeks ago, I mentioned I was down to 5k coins in my bank balance after buying Best. Without spending a penny since, I've a bank balance of 565k currently. All through trading and weekend league.

Coins give an initial advantage, and for many who have plenty of disposable cash, it gives them great teams without having to put in effort.

But it is 100% possible to get a crazy level team through trading, IF you're willing to invest the time instead of money. You have to invest something, be it time trading, time playing (to get better and better rewards) or straight cash. But it feels sometimes like people who moan about others having better teams are the same people who just don't fancy investing anything into it, yet expecting to be given the same as those who do.
    Don't think this is true. I'd like to see it rebalanced so the rewards for actually playing the game are greater. But this won't happen cause it'll cost EA money.

The initial advantage is pretty big. It's not like the advantages of buying packs disappears, you get better players, which gives you more coins, and you'll still feel the advantages of that at this time of the year.

I'm not really moaning about people having better teams. I am sure there are plenty of people who have great teams and who have never spent a cent of real money taking shortcuts to getting it.

But people with great teams who've pumped cash in to the game? Meh.

Meh. As a non-drinker, I tend to spend cash on other hobbies people would probably roll their eyes at. A lot of people wouldn't understand buying a game to begin with.

At the end of the day, if people have disposable income, and feel they get a return on their investment via time, then fair play to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Elite 1 gives Savage rewards compared to Gold 3

Elite1)
    125,000 Coins
    2 Premium TOTW Packs
    2 Jumbo Rare Players Packs (2x 100k)
    3 Player Pick Special Items
    2,000 Champions Points

Gold 3)
    30,000 Coins
    2 Mega Packs (2x35k)
    1 Rare Players Pack (1x50k)
    2 Player Pick Special Items
    2,000 Champions Points

You wouldn't even make 80k out of gold 3

Its completely random when opening the rewards but saying Gold 3 gives the same chances as Elite is just madness

So confused... you say you don't mind but yet you clearly do....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Never spent a euro on packs and never will as long as i play this game, because the game is sh*t, they release patches that fixes nothing, and i dont think 1 attribute point and a different colored card matters that much, if you're not very good, like me, but no problem with those that do, my problem is with the game itself, to many stupid things happen, example, i played a game on saturday, im 3-0 up against a guy with a Celtic team, all celtic players, my Aubamayang is in on goal to make it 4-0, he's ahead of the defenders with his 94 pace, out of nowhere Scott Brown appears and sprints past his defenders, and catches Aubamayang who looks like he's running in quick sand, Brown only catches up and takes the ball from him with a sliding tackle, but the ball travels 60 yards down field to Scott Sinclair who is clearly offside but no flag and hes 1 v 1 against my keeper, makes it 3-1 and i go on to lose 4-3, a complete momentum shift because something decided Scott Brown was the road runner

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Cech and Howard sbc’s up. Look like end of an era cards.
    If they come in cheaper than the cheapest 91 and 89 cards I’ll get them for future sbc’s

ImANoob08 wrote:
    So confused... you say you don't mind but yet you clearly do....

You've ran out of any sort of argument so this is what you resort to. This is why we can't have a civil conversation here because it's so childish when someone doesn't completely agree with that persons opinion. That's all they are, opinions. It's good to share and see how others feel.

Anyone who is saying the gameplay is good this year is deluded, though.

Ah, that's why my 10 Girouds sold all at once lol

Cech looks relatively cheap actually. 95k.

Fully agree with this point, its been atrocious, the cpu defender blocks in particular has been ridiculous

Yeah, considering the packs you get too it’s worth doing and and firing in club for sbc.
    Did Howard too as I had an untradeable mls IF

Scottish players selling well, too.

Done the flashback Torres there now, cost me alot of good players, Suarez been 1 of them :(

Despite his 91 speed, Torres has been fairly average, cant get away from defenders, Sokratis from Arsenal the latest defender to stop him in running, but in the box with space he's lethal, 10 goals in 6 matches

• Advertisement

. This is why we can't have a civil conversation here because it's so childish when someone doesn't completely agree with that persons opinion.

Talking about contradictions :):):) your great Craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Fully agree with this point, its been atrocious, the cpu defender blocks in particular has been ridiculous

As long as they try to fix it by reducing the effectiveness of AI defending and not putting back in a broken game mechanic we'll be ok.

Cech sbc done, packed 90 rated kroos from it :)

Got kante earlier from the Lille part of ligue 1 sbc

Relatively. Can have Degea for similar money and Modric for 80k on ps4.

His sbc is now up to 100k. All other 91 cards, apart from the two above, are way more than that so not a bad deal, but not a deal breaker for sbcs at this stage. It's not like you are going to need few 91 in one sbc.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Cech sbc done, packed 90 rated kroos from it :)

Got kante earlier from the Lille part of ligue 1 sbc

Just stop. Please :)

As long as they try to fix it by reducing the effectiveness of AI defending and not putting back in a broken game mechanic we'll be ok.

I dont mean the blocks where the defender has time to see and react to the shots, i mean the blocks where there is no chance the defender has time to react, its a snap reaction and they stretch out like stretch armstrong and block with their toe, those blocks are ridiculous and wouldnt happen in real life

Deflections to, some of them can travel over 30 yards, usually to an opposition player, on a counter

I can do Cech for bout 20k, and sell Neuer to cover most of that too. No brained for me.

As far as gameplay, don’t know if it’s good or bad, but given I’ve jumped from struggling to get 11 wins to getting 17 this weekend, I’m not complaining :P

I can do Cech for bout 20k, and sell Neuer to cover most of that too. No brained for me.

As far as gameplay, don’t know if it’s good or bad, but given I’ve jumped from struggling to get 11 wins to getting 17 this weekend, I’m not complaining :P

I actually packed neure in one if my upgrade packs last week and tried him over the weekend I really liked him o sold 90 lafont I wouldn't be putting chech in for him I don't think. I never liked chech but I did sbc just to have him for his rating.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I actually packed neure in one if my upgrade packs last week and tried him over the weekend I really liked him o sold 90 lafont I wouldn't be putting chech in for him I don't think. I never liked chech but I did sbc just to have him for his rating.

I have to say, having tried DDG and Neuer, Neuer (on 7 chem) suited my game so, so much more. Don’t know where the difference comes but Neuer is the best keeper I’ve used to date.

I’ll try Cech for a bit and if I don’t like him, I can swap him back.

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    Just stop. Please :)

I’ve still never packed an icon or Ronaldo or Messi so I need these little wins :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement