Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

awec wrote: »
    https://www.thejournal.ie/loot-boxes-gambling-4480242-Feb2019/

Article from yesterday about whether or not loot boxes (and FUT packs) are a form of gambling. Will be interesting to see what comes of this.

They will probably come a time when EU will deal with it as they dealt with roaming charges (although its probably entirely different case).

I would be the first to sign it tbh.

They could offer two ultimate servers and account types and be done with it.

Pegi 3 and packs for 100 euro does look bad tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    RossieMan wrote: »
    It's alright though, game definitely isn't pay to win.

This is the last I'll bite to you.

But serious dude you call me childish and the funny thing is I wasn't even talking about you now you post that?..

Total tool. You say you can't have a proper conversation on here but yet 99% of us mange it with each other on a daily basis. Think maybe your the common denominator.

You cry when someone calls you out and as soon as a good point is made that goes against what your saying you just ignore it like Rossi talking about pack rewards earlier, he posts the figures and you disappear from the conversation.

His point was based on the value FIFA places on packs. It means absolutely nothing as packs are massively hit and miss. I've had my best pulls from mega packs.
    What are the figures he posted meant to do? I'm speaking from my own experiencesand what I've seen from others.
    You haven't provided one good point yourself in any conversation, yourself and jayo are completely backless with any point you ever make. You just don't like someone not agreeing with you.

People seem to take things very personal here, I couldn't care less what anyone thinks about me or my opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

RossieMan wrote: »
    His point was based on the value FIFA places on packs. It means absolutely nothing as packs are massively hit and miss. I've had my best pulls from mega packs.
    What are the figures he posted meant to do? I'm speaking from my own experiencesand what I've seen from others.
    You haven't provided one good point yourself in any conversation, yourself and jayo are completely backless with any point you ever make. You just don't like someone not agreeing with you.

People seem to take things very personal here, I couldn't care less what anyone thinks about me or my opinions.

What points have I not backed up rossie? I don't care about anyone disagreeing with me I challenge people's opinions just because I challenge them it don't mean I don't think they should not have one or I don't like them because of it.

I've nothing against you I've always engaged but it's just I find myself disagreeing with your opinion on alot of stuff and your attitude on alot of stuff I've always said this too you it's nothing new.

If you call people deluded your going to get a frosty reception it's just something you don't seem to avoid and as you say you don't care about it and that's fine.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Out of curiosity, what's the best card people here have ever packed?

Anyone ever get a TOTY / TOTS in a regular gold pack?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

https://www.thejournal.ie/loot-boxes-gambling-4480242-Feb2019/

Article from yesterday about whether or not loot boxes (and FUT packs) are a form of gambling. Will be interesting to see what comes of this.

I think they are to be honest, I've found myself saying I'll never buy them again and a few weeks down the road there I am buying them swearing I wouldn't.

I'd be all for them removing them but they'll come up with another way to make money.

I've just accepted It now as part of FUT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Got toty De Gea in the packs from ibra sbc, Neymar in the sasullo part of serie a sbc, got kante earlier in Lille part of ligue 1 sbc.
    Headliner rashford in a player pick sbc last week.

Never got an icon or Ronaldo.
    Got a couple of tots cards from regular packs last year when all specials were in packs and some festivals of football cards

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

TOTY Ronaldo last month in a 15k pack.

Or whenever it was can't even remember at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Opened a jumbo premium (think they're a 15k pack) and got 88 Seerdorf who were going for 2.8million.
    Best pull was an ultimate pack..toty De Bruyne going for 5.5 million followed by a rare mega pack with both CR7 and Hazard in it.
    Next up :) Jumbo rare with Prime Lampard in it.
    All from fifa 19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Think mine was pogba last year someone bought him and I was saying how id love to try him but was noway inwas paying 800k for him. Few hours later packed him in an sbc pack.

Phil Jones is mine. Just to put it out there.

:(

• Advertisement

From my rivals rewards this year I've gotten...

SIF Salah, kante, 88 Keane, fabiniho

Got a UCL sane at the start from an untradable player pack as well..

Just got Alexis Sanchez from the cech sbc but surprised to see he only goes for around 30-35k

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Got Headliner Rashford from an Sbc last week in a small rare gold player pack. 6 rare gold players.

Got Petit from a 50k pack at Christmas

Got Futurestars Aouar from an untradable 50k pack from rivals

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

TotGS Messi from some sbc pack,sold for 1.7 million

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Back in FIFA 13 or FIFA 12, whichever year it was that Cazorla moved to Arsenal, packed both Cazorla and Alba (Valencia at the time) in a single pack. Nothing since then, all the others have been from guaranteed SBCs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Got TOTY De Gea from a PL upgrade pack. Got headliner Werner last week. Both untradeable.
    Kante, Van Dijk and Salah are the best tradeables.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Actually packed my best ever pack last night. It was from one of the Jumbo Premium packs you get every Monday for pre-ordering the game.

Got that 84 rated IF Orban which is currently going for 23k. I’ll wait until he is no longer in packs and will list him then in the hope that he has gone up. The same pack also had Ederson who I already have. Made 21k selling him. Nearly 50k worth of cards in a pack is by far the most I’ve ever had.

I’ve never packed a card worth more than 25k so this is good by my standards.

Redo91 wrote: »
    Actually packed my best ever pack last night. It was from one of the Jumbo Premium packs you get every Monday for pre-ordering the game.

Got that 84 rated IF Orban which is currently going for 23k. I’ll wait until he is no longer in packs and will list him then in the hope that he has gone up. The same pack also had Ederson who I already have. Made 21k selling him. Nearly 50k worth of cards in a pack is by far the most I’ve ever had.

In the 5 or 6 years that the preorder packs have come out Alison is the highest I’ve ever got.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Blazer wrote: »
    Redo91 wrote: »

In the 5 or 6 years that the preorder packs have come out Alison is the highest I’ve ever got.

Ya I’ve pack very little from then but nice to get the free coins.

I should clarify that when I talked about my lack of pack luck I was talking about all packs in general (rivals, SBCs and SBs).

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Best player packed was del piero icon, spent about 30 euros on draft at the start that was it money wise. made most of my money trading and have a very decent team. Degea ucl, fs taa, rtg sanchez, baresi, rtg Alonso, keane, potm lucas, hazard, poty silva, ucl kane and headliner son.

One of my mates on the other hand has spent about 500 on packs by his own admission(I reckon its probably closer to a grand and he has a crap team.

on another note with these icons coming out Friday im assuming there will be a few sbcs any investing advice I hovered up 20 if fabregas at 42000 I reckon an easy sell at 50k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Best player from packs has been De Geas base card. Have packed plenty of ToTW but never any of the useful ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Looks like prices of players playing CL raised a bit since last night. Most otherwise basic players doubled in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Just checked SIF VVD's price on futbin, he is gone up to 525k! Glad I held onto him now when I got his POTM version.

Nice one nev!

I needed the coins at the time so sold mine!

I wonder will he go up again when he gets the upgrade?

I'd be very tempted to sell at 525k.

Edit: that 525k would be enough for the nesta SBC... I play him and POTM VVD together and their just amazing

How do you folks know which players to start buying in advance of a new SBC release?

can be tricky, this week there will probably be a champions league mm so that makes it a little easier as only 8 teams are playing, someone mentioned it on here so I bought 3 golds and 3 ucl cards for each team yesterday, not sure if there is value left though as wonski mentioned those prices have already gone up since last night, maybe have a look at next weeks games. One major problem is EA like to throw curve balls

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

At least we can upgrade Best etc, although anyone’s guess how much it will cost and if it’ll be worthwhile

https://twitter.com/easportsfifa/status/1095261267621666817?s=21

new patch out on pc.
    No idea whats in it yet as they haven't announced any patch details.

Ok it’s just visual update. Player portraits, team kits , crests etc.
    Colour blindness options etc.
    Nothing gameplay related

That matthas card looks a beast to play cm in a 4-2-4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Hogey007 wrote:
    At least we can upgrade Best etc, although anyone’s guess how much it will cost and if it’ll be worthwhile

It definitely won't.

No mention of any SBCs for this by the way, they usually say it in their promo information but nothing this time so that's a dangerous enough place to be investing large amounts. Might pay off big perhaps.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement