Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

RossieMan wrote: »
    It definitely won't.

No mention of any SBCs for this by the way, they usually say it in their promo information but nothing this time so that's a dangerous enough place to be investing large amounts. Might pay off big perhaps.

What??

I already own untradeable best having completed the prime best sbc, the tweet says we’ll get an opportunity to upgrade him to the 94 version.
    I won’t be investing anything, if the requirements to upgrade from 93 to 94 Best are reasonable, I’ll do it, if not, I’ll keep my 93 Best

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Nice one nev!

I needed the coins at the time so sold mine!

I wonder will he go up again when he gets the upgrade?

I'd be very tempted to sell at 525k.

Edit: that 525k would be enough for the nesta SBC... I play him and POTM VVD together and their just amazing

Yeah, was just hoping to get my coins back, think I will hold on for the upgrade and see what happens. Will probably do that Nesta SBC. I'm low on coins so need to do a bit of selling first.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

So, noob question again, but is it just me or does the difficulty/expense of the SBCs go up a LOT after the Basic ones you do at the start? Or do you get more basic ones after you complete the 4 initial ones (I just have Loyal Lads left and just need to play the 10 games).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

awec wrote: »
    So, noob question again, but is it just me or does the difficulty/expense of the SBCs go up a LOT after the Basic ones you do at the start? Or do you get more basic ones after you complete the 4 initial ones (I just have Loyal Lads left and just need to play the 10 games).

To help with that you can start up a single player season's game and dashboard it once it tips off.

Save alot of time and they get a game on the record to count towards the 10

I think they added in more constraints after the basic ones. Depending on how much thinking I wanted to do, I jumped between doing them myself and using futbin to view completed challenges, taking into account the players I had in my club.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It goes from needing like 5 leagues with like 40 chemistry, to needing like 5 rares, 80 chemistry etc. It just seems like a really big jump :(

It goes from needing like 5 leagues with like 40 chemistry, to needing like 5 rares, 80 chemistry etc. It just seems like a really big jump :(

Use the drop downs to find the sbc your trying to do

https://www.futbin.com/stc/squads

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

A chance to upgrade Zola would be nice. But again +1 meh unless there’s a couple of times per icon to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

If you go to @Futspy on Twitter, he’s tweeted a load of the new prime icon images and said that some of them are position changes.

Also, anyone that has a UEL Kondogbia, if Valencia go through and he gets upgraded, he’ll change nations to DR Congo(?).

Album of new prime icon images:
    https://imgur.com/a/4USeZTZ

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Hogey007 wrote:
    I already own untradeable best having completed the prime best sbc, the tweet says we’ll get an opportunity to upgrade him to the 94 version. I won’t be investing anything, if the requirements to upgrade from 93 to 94 Best are reasonable, I’ll do it, if not, I’ll keep my 93 Best

Did you read the tweet? Doesn't say itll be anytime soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

interesting that's pretty much them all, hopefully it should be easy enough to upgrade any of the ones previously got in sbcs afterall the whole point in doing a prime icon sbc is that you have their best card

Did you read the tweet? Doesn't say itll be anytime soon.

Please quote where I said it was anytime soon??

I was merely sharing a tweet where I said we will be able to upgrade our prime Best but I’ve no idea if it’ll be worthwhile

Hogey007 wrote:
    I was merely sharing a tweet where I said we will be able to upgrade our prime Best but I’ve no idea if it’ll be worthwhile

I think we've got our wires crossed. I was merely stating that there would be no SBCs this weekend, so investing in IFs like someone suggested a few posts back was a bold move.

The post states you'll be able to upgrade your Best later in FIFA, that could literally mean anything with EA. I'd imagine they'll be pushed to release the upgraded versions soon. Or they'll literally be war.

This is the worst promo to date. Even worse than the random Future stars promo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Playin drafts this morning. Won one, barely got my 15k back, went out in the second round of the next and packed Sandro, so I’m well up coin wise :P

TOTY Modric is incredible, but I was shocked how much I loved Future Star Junior as well.

I think we've got our wires crossed. I was merely stating that there would be no SBCs this weekend, so investing in IFs like someone suggested a few posts back was a bold move.

The post states you'll be able to upgrade your Best later in FIFA, that could literally mean anything with EA. I'd imagine they'll be pushed to release the upgraded versions soon. Or they'll literally be war.

This is the worst promo to date. Even worse than the random Future stars promo.

Haha, yeah think we do have wires crossed,doesn’t help that I’m only getting to dip in and out of here in work so probably wasn’t reading other people’s post and was just trying to reply to that one but missed people talking about investing.

Yeah this is a complete money grab, they set out the 3 icons available for each player at the start of fifa, that should be it.
    I get with the likes of Messi, or even potm sbc’s you’re always running the risk of a better version of that player being available as they are current players, but with retired players that are now icons, there should be no additional ratings to their prime cards.
    Even with their tweet allowing you to upgrade to the higher version “at some point”, we could be talking weeks or months from now and also at what cost?? 300k to get a +1 on best?? I’m just guessing at the price, but it is ridiculous promo

It'll be before TOTS because they won't want people to have the easy upgrade options of the high rated players.

It's still scummy. Cards like Gullit prime are down 1 millions coins since the announcement. It's worse for the people who bought the players!

the sbcs were not free, those cards were also paid for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Blazer wrote: »
    A chance to upgrade Zola would be nice.

Go wash your mouth out and say 10 decades of the roseary!!!!!!!

seamie78 wrote:
    the sbcs were not free, those cards were also paid for

But they don't lose any value?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It'll be before TOTS because they won't want people to have the easy upgrade options of the high rated players.

It's still scummy. Cards like Gullit prime are down 1 millions coins since the announcement. It's worse for the people who bought the players!

This is why I nearly prefer doing the SBCs. You spend the coins immediately, and yeah, they’re gone....but you aren’t there worried bout the value of them dropping at all, or “losing” the coins.

• Advertisement

Would like to upgrade my prime Keane and Larsson but the upgrade will probably cost loads so won't be worth it

Unless I pack something good on Thursday/Friday to give me some coins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    This is why I nearly prefer doing the SBCs. You spend the coins immediately, and yeah, they’re gone....but you aren’t there worried bout the value of them dropping at all, or “losing” the coins.

No but you are stuck with them at end of season when tots cards are out. I regretted doing petite and Ferdinand last year they were very underpowered when tots cards came along and even at end of year they would of still been worth enough to make a really good blue squad with op players.

But they don't lose any value?

lets say I did an sbc yesterday for 1.3 million for a card costing 1.5 mill and the next week because of a promo the card is costs 300k id say I lost a lot of value

in fact I lost the exact same as someone who bought the card to use in a team

if you bought the card as an investment tough s**t, you win some you lose some

Sorry now I blew that 3.6 mill on coins.but then again your chances of getting one were slim anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Blazer wrote: »
    Sorry now I blew that 3.6 mill on coins.but then again your chances of getting one were slim anyway.

Aye, you'd have probably packed two! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

The promo's are getting worse and worse in terms of blatant money grabs to be fair...

this one really takes the mick, whats the point of a prime icon that its actually the best version of that card!

The promo's are getting worse and worse in terms of blatant money grabs to be fair...

this one really takes the mick, whats the point of a prime icon that its actually the best version of that card!

Exactly! And it’s the last time I’ll mention this as I’ve said it a few times already but they knew a lot of people had saved up the players for the prem sbc and gave very mediocre players for this far into fifa and compared to a 93 kdb last year.

It was a basically a screw you to anyone who actually took time to get the players when they were cheap for the sbc as all they care about is what can sell packs.

So focused on future stars, headliners and upgraded icons instead..

I’ve yet to meet vardy or doucoure in the weekend league and doubt I will.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the future stars "what if" ratings, and as you say this is a complete money grab.
    Only thing worse would be an "If only they'd have made it" promo featuring a 99 rated Freddy Adu.

nevelator wrote:
    Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the future stars "what if" ratings, and as you say this is a complete money grab. Only thing worse would be an "If only they'd have made it" promo featuring a 99 rated Freddy Adu.

Don't give them ideas!

• Advertisement

Most people are hoping that you can trade your icon plus a 83&84 rated squad for the upgrade.
    It’s EA though. Guaranteed the pricks will look for higher.
    On the plus side the top 100 leagues on fifa mobile are protesting it and refusing to buy FP points for a month.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement