Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jayo26 wrote: »
    No but you are stuck with them at end of season when tots cards are out. I regretted doing petite and Ferdinand last year they were very underpowered when tots cards came along and even at end of year they would of still been worth enough to make a really good blue squad with op players.

I guess I always see the end game of FUT as being icon centric, rather than "real world player" centric.

Like, when I wanna run with Ronaldo or Messi, I tend to drift towards normal seasons mode. Plus, it rarely matters to my results when I upgrade a team significantly anyway :P

UCL cards are back, via SBCs. Upgrade SBC and one based on tonight's matches.

Getting the itch to do another Icon SBC as well, tho really want to hold out for a useable CM to compliment Keane.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Nice profit made on United and psg players :)

All Fellainis sold in seconds for 3k, nkunku bought for 600 sold for 4k. Bailly good investment too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

God I miss when the regular marquee matchups was good, easy 300k there off that.
    No real prep needed, just bought approx 50 from each of the 8 teams yesterday and left them unassigned, discarded the 4 teams not needed, made 1.5 to 2.k profit then off the 200 or so cards from the 4 clubs involved

Hogey007 wrote: »
    God I miss when the regular marquee matchups was good, easy 300k there off that.
    No real prep needed, just bought approx 50 from each of the 8 teams yesterday and left them unassigned, discarded the 4 teams not needed, made 1.5 to 2.k profit then off the 200 or so cards from the 4 clubs involved

I wish I bought more, only got few cards here and there to be covered, will be wiser next time.

Still made 60k so happy enough.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anyone use Prime Scholes?

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    I wish I bought more, only got few cards here and there to be covered, will be wiser next time.

Still made 60k so happy enough.

60k still a nice profit :)

Yeah once you’re buying at discard it’s fairly risk free, there’ll be 8 teams again next week and I suspect people might be a little more prepared but still, if I’m buying Liverpool cards etc for 150/200 above discard price and they’re not needed, I can quickly offload them.
    I’ll leave it until Monday to buy again as I want to go unassigned and can’t open packs when unassigned

Ratings refresh starts Friday, also winter otw but nothing of note i can’t imagine.

They might do an sbc for summer otw though?

https://twitter.com/easportsfifa/status/1095404699468029952?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Only took them an hour and a half to fix ballotellis nation. Clowns.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Only took them an hour and a half to fix ballotellis nation. Clowns.

Haha yeah, and they had him at 82 instead of 83.
    Must be a running joke within ea at this stage, surely there couldn’t be that many c**k ups!

Plus the man of the match cards are still in packs despite them saying they’d be gone at 12am on the 12th

Also headliner cards still don’t appear under the “special filter”, they said 2 weeks ago they’d fix this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Should have bought a ton of players have over 200k sitting there dunno why I didn't...

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

So as a general strategy, is it worth doing the SBCs by buying the cheapest futbin squad for that SBC, then selling all the packed players. Rinse and repeat, and eventually coinage will increase a good bit?

The repeatable SBC for the UCL players is for untradeable players you can only do the tradable one once.

Worth doing once or twice but I think I'd need to pack a massive UCL player to get anywhere near my team so not gonna bother

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    The repeatable SBC for the UCL players is for untradeable players you can only do the tradable one once.

Worth doing once or twice but I think I'd need to pack a massive UCL player to get anywhere near my team so not gonna bother

I’m talking about starting out in UT.

I have like 40k coins now.

awec wrote: »

https://twitter.com/imaduckquackk/status/1065691480478662657?s=21

There’s a guide here to the best sbc’s, the ones in green are the best cost to reward sbc’s

ImANoob08 wrote: »

Ah fair enough! Some good players going for low enough amount these days!

What squad are you trying to focus on in terms of leagues etc?

Buying players for the champions league as investments like posted here would have been a nice cash cow for you at this stage but hard to invest 40k if that's all you got even if it is risk free it just feels wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

So as a general strategy, is it worth doing the SBCs by buying the cheapest futbin squad for that SBC, then selling all the packed players. Rinse and repeat, and eventually coinage will increase a good bit?

Something like that. You’ll get a nice start with the advanced SBCs etc. They tend to pay out quite often.

I just followed one of the futbin squads, supposed to have 100 chem but it only gives me 97 in game. Are these squads sometimes a bit dodgy?

I just followed one of the futbin squads, supposed to have 100 chem but it only gives me 97 in game. Are these squads sometimes a bit dodgy?

You are missing loyalty probably. If you buy all players on the market you might need to play 10 games with few of them to get full chemistry.

You can start and forfeit totw challenges to get it done.

As wonski said, it might require loyalty or it might have position changes, cam to cm or rw to rm etc

• Advertisement

So it’s possible to have 100 chem without the loyalty bonus from players?

awec wrote:

Yea, but not for some of them as they have weird requirements. You need to do the loyalty glitch. Challenge the TOTW with the players, kick off back out, rinse and repeat 10 times.

You need to earn it by playing 10 games.

If you want to do it quickly put them in your starting squad, play totw challenge, kick the ball, forfeit the match. Rinse and repeat. Shouldn't take long, your win ratio will suffer, but who cares about the win ratio.

Also if you are starting make sure to activate your coins bonus later. 1k per game extra ;)

wonski wrote: »
    You need to earn it by playing 10 games.

If you want to do it quickly put them in your starting squad, play totw challenge, kick the ball, forfeit the match. Rinse and repeat. Shouldn't take long, your win ratio will suffer, but who cares about the win ratio.

Also if you are starting make sure to activate your coins bonus later. 1k per game extra ;)

Ah yea I got that, cheers.

Was just curious if you could actually build 100chem without any loyalty, or if 100 is only possible with loyal players.

Ah yea I got that, cheers.

Was just curious if you could actually build 100chem without any loyalty, or if 100 is only possible with loyal players.

This depends on the links and the sbc. I remember at least one where you did need the loyalty to achieve 100.

wonski wrote:
    This depends on the links and the sbc. I remember at least one where you did need the loyalty to achieve 100.

There's 2 for sure. 3 really as one of the prices was insane but that was at the beginning.

Both in the advanced though if I remember correctly.

Do i need to play all of them to get the bonus? Or just 2 or 3?

If you now have 97 then just 3, but make sure you play those 3 that have no loyalty in case some were packed earlier into your club ;)

Actually, I managed to get to 100 by converting three positions. :D

Woohoo packed Sergi Roberto

• Advertisement

Actually, I managed to get to 100 by converting three positions. :D

Woohoo packed Sergi Roberto

Well somebody else mentioned position change before ;)

Those packs are good, unfortunately that late into the season prices are much lower than at the start. I did them all in September when everything was worth a lot compared to today's prices.

Still shouldn't cost you a lot to complete it.

Just be careful when following futbin as sometimes a cheaper generic player is available (eg instead of paying 3k for silver cdm from Spain you might be able to use 1k cm etc)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement