Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

3-9

But I'm very quick to just quit the matches I know will be routs in order to just get it over with.

Not going to "ruin" that game long term by worrying bout WL past this either. I defo don't enjoy the game when I'm getting spanked so once o get this weekend over, just going to ignore it going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just about to start "Champions weekend"

Danny Sturridge is gonna bring home the gold, oh yeah........back in 30mins to tell ye how sh*t i am

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

WL is completely different to rivals. Gameplay included.

WL has the worst players you'll meet, watching every replay, passing around the back. It's more mind games than actual FIFA.

It's good to have something like rivals to fall back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,743 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Lord TSC wrote: »

But I'm very quick to just quit the matches I know will be routs in order to just get it over with.

One thing about WL (last year at least) is that quitting games didn't change your ELO, whereas if you let the game play out and took the loss after 90 minutes you were more likely to match up against easier opponents in the next game. Not sure if that's the case in 19.

Anyway still debating whether I'll get this, cba paying for psn again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Won my 1st game via a quit, was 2-0 up, i agree with earlier posts about the gameplay, its better then the last fifa i bought, but jesus, if you have 15-20 shots and 10-15 on target, you should not be winning games by 1 or 2 goals to an opponent who has under 5 shots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Lanzini is a great chap to make a few coins on.

Buying at an average of 1400 and selling for 2200. It's a grind but its working for me.

I've flipped around 45 of his cards over the past 2 days.

Get in there!

RossieMan wrote: »
    WL is completely different to rivals. Gameplay included.

WL has the worst players you'll meet, watching every replay, passing around the back. It's more mind games than actual FIFA.

It's good to have something like rivals to fall back on.

Fully agree about the "worst players".

My favorite addition this year is the "Skip celebrations and replay" thing, and unless I score an absolute screamer, I just move quickly back to kick off. I find most people in rivals do similar now.

But Weekend league today is just....ugh. Hushing, dabbing, "meta" players, time wasting, etc. Just couldn't imagine playing like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Got myself another 4 OTW Richarlisons, including one at 17k haha.

Not sure how because it's impossible to snipe on PS.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Anyone thinking about the OTW Martins SBC? 83 and 85 rated squads needed, but if he gets an IF he’ll be a great card with the pace on him.

martyos121 wrote:
    Anyone thinking about the OTW Martins SBC? 83 and 85 rated squads needed, but if he gets an IF he’ll be a great card with the pace on him.

Nah completely overpriced unless you have the cards in your club. Still wouldn't do it myself, even as an 84 or 86 you'll be able to buy him cheaper than you'll so the SBC for.

• Advertisement

I'm not gonna say that I was wrong about pace.

Or speculate about how this has happened after selling all my informs, and resorted to a cheap 5-4-1 where I lump balls forward to Zaha, flanked by Rashford and Lucas.

But I've won three in a row with a Zaha scoring seven goals in his three games for me, and he's easily my favourite striker to date :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

martyos121 wrote: »

Not gonna do it, but 85 rated squad with two Atletico players means my Illarramendi investment might just pay off :)

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Current skill rating is 1339, not sure if I'll ever make it into division 4 to be honest.

Scratch that lads, just played 12 and I think I won 8 and drew 4, straight up to Div 4 get the fúck in there! :pac:

New skill rating of 1630 my eyes have gone square and my hands have gone numb :pac:

I presume a Silver 2 player pick pack will offer lower IF prizes than Gold? Or are they IFs at all? Does he ranks affect the ratingor is it just number of picks you get to make?

I'm at silver 3 but reckon I can get silver 1 without too much hassle. The prizes look good though even at a lowe level.

Who just rage quit on me on pc with a bray Wanderers kit?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

martyos121 wrote: »

No def not, it’s way too overpriced, I have an untradeable 83 blue version of his card also so def not worth it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,074 ✭✭✭Guffy

wonski wrote: »
    Not gonna do it, but 85 rated squad with two Atletico players means my Illarramendi investment might just pay off :)

What are you selling him for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

RossieMan wrote: »
    Who just rage quit on me on pc with a bray Wanderers kit?

Wait till I just call on my phsycic powers I'll tell you then.

Guffy wrote: »
    What are you selling him for?

Not selling. Not enough profit for it to be worth my time.

Will wait for more popular sbc to appear.

Could sell for 1k profit on each, but there will be better opportunity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

3-1 after my first 4 wl games. I got inform ben yedder and payet for my 4-1-2-1-2 and they've been banging the goals in.

I'm scoring tons of long shots compared to all the previous fifas as people sitting deep gives me just enough time to pick out the top corner with a timed finesse shot :D

Also got my first hate message of fifa 19 a whole 2 games into the first weekend league. A guy with an all champions league card team messaged me during the game when I went 3-0 up saying I was the lowest of the low and that I parked the bus and that I should kill myself :rolleyes:.

In reality I never even went on defensive because he didn't have a shot on target until injury time when he scored a rebound goal :pac: I really wonder about how these type of people function when something worse than losing a game happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Redzer7 wrote: »

I reckon its a normal penalty. He's claiming its from WL mode but the arrow pointer is not shown in the penalty shootouts. The camera just locked to that one specific view.
    I called it out on the reddit thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,074 ✭✭✭Guffy

Servers down for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,743 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Blazer wrote: »
    I reckon its a normal penalty. He's claiming its from WL mode but the arrow pointer is not shown in the penalty shootouts. The camera just locked to that one specific view.
    I called it out on the reddit thread.

There's a penalty shootout scoreboard on screen though, and after he scores the corner it goes right back to the shootout.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Anyone know how to take penalties on this game btw? Always seem to skyrocket them, not sure what’s changed.

Anyone know how to take penalties on this game btw? Always seem to skyrocket them, not sure what’s changed.

Sensitivity changed.

Arrow goes up much quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

wonski wrote: »
    Sensitivity changed.

Arrow goes up much quicker

I think I've hit the bar the past four or five times :(

Liamalone wrote: »
    I think I've hit the bar the past four or five times :(

I missed half, have to be very gentle to not to miss.

As for bars and posts I can't wait for this being a weekly objective. Will start scoring a lot more goals when that happens :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I still can't get my head around the gameplay & what formations/tactics are good or not. It seems random as anything.

Played 4-3-3(2) for a good 5 or 6 games in a row, grinding out narrow wins, then suddenly I'm getting rode using it.....losing 1-4. Switch to 4-5-1 mid game, and score 5 in a row to end up winning 6-5 eventually. Losing 0-2 after the match has barely started, switched to 4-3-3(4) mid game, and end up winning 4-3.

This is all division rivals, so I would think that the quality of the opponent should be pretty consistent.......... or at least not jump to the level where I'm 2 or 3 goals down after 20 in-game minutes. Seems like any time you are down by a few and switch formation, then the comeback is on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

You know what game this is? Its Fifa 13/14 without the obscene pace.
    Its basically getting the ball out to the wings and lobbing over the defense for your strikers to get onto.

Lost my first 2 matches , 1 by penos and the second one by a goal but won my next 2 easily once I cottoned onto the tactics required. There's no skilling here..its one touch, move and pass and repeat. I like it..its tactical and you can't lapse for a second. Won my next 2 matches so I'm happy with that so far. I'll probably only play about 10 matches over the weekend so I can win 6 of those to make 8 wins I'll be very pleased with it.

One thing..Silva as good as he is in rivals is a liability in WL, I sub Kroos on for him at half time if not earlier and he's playing the CAM role nicely for me getting my wingers and strikers onto the ball.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement