Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Up to 11-0. Gameplay is the best it's been since the update. Finding I can score different types of goals again. Felipe Andersen is an insane super sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Sell Godín and buy prime Gerrard? Or hold off and see if EA reintroduce the player pick icon SBCs?

They said in the FAQ from the post about primer icons that there will be no prime icons and specifically said individual icons won’t be released now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Sell Godín and buy prime Gerrard? Or hold off and see if EA reintroduce the player pick icon SBCs?

They said in the FAQ from the post about primer icons that there will be no prime icons and specifically said individual icons won’t be released now

Why Gerrard. He doesn't seem to be playable at all. Better cards out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Tough one because if they drop the Optimus prime Gerrard sbc in next week or 2 his prime goes down a good bit, but at the same time you could be waiting 2 months for a player you want to use.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Up to 11-0. Gameplay is the best it's been since the update. Finding I can score different types of goals again. Felipe Andersen is an insane super sub.

You usually stop at 14 don’t you but you have to keep going when you’re on such a hot streak.

I found last weekend good so it’s not the patch, think the lag is just what’s making it so unenjoyable this week. And I’m hoping that’s the reason my finishing has been so poor today.
    Called it a day, hopefully it’s better tomorrow as doesn’t seem to be effecting others on pa4

• Advertisement

Hogey007 wrote:
    You usually stop at 14 don’t you but you have to keep going when you’re on such a hot streak.

Yea I'll probably keep going until I lose a couple in a row. Will see how I am for time. I've nothing of note left in my club so any players will be decent for SBCs.

Decent looking allesandrini added too for mls sbc which will help anyone using ibra, links easy with kante and lala too

https://twitter.com/futwiz/status/1096832866976190469?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Played four rivals games today and found finishing harder for some reason... Played four and won three up to 1750 skill level now but missed two or three shots with salah he should have scored for inside the box...

A lot of my goals coming from pulling the full back out of position and crossing between wingers...

Think I won a game 4-2 with sane and mahrez getting 2 goals and assists each ha talk about team work!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Man it’s amazing what a +3 upgrade has done to POTM VVD’s card. He feels a lot more assured now like Nesta.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Blazer wrote: »
    Man it’s amazing what a +3 upgrade has done to POTM VVD’s card. He feels a lot more assured now like Nesta.

Popped up with a few goals for me today from corners. Proper presence all over the field.

• Advertisement

Reckon the summer otw will drop tomorrow or more likely next Friday.
    Snapping up those winter otw cards for practicaly near discard. They'll all increase next week when that sbc drops.

Reckon the summer otw will drop tomorrow or more likely next Friday.
    Snapping up those winter otw cards for practicaly near discard. They'll all increase next week when that sbc drops.

Generally nothing happens on a Sunday so I’d be thinking Monday as they’ll be back to ucl promos Tuesday.
    Makes sense to drop them while 84’s are off the charts too as everyone will need to buy packs. (Most 84’s near 10k now)

And yeah, I have tones of otw cards too so hoping it arrives Monday (if not tomorrow)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I think there was an adjustment in gameplay that wasnt mentioned in that update a few days ago.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I think there was an adjustment in gameplay that wasnt mentioned in that update a few days ago.

Def feels like it anyway, it’s like my shooting has been skewed.

I don't get the whole finding it hard to score since the last update.
    I've still been banging in the goals, definitely finesse goals are seriously nerfed but the majority of my goals have been blasting them in from 20 yards etc. It helps when Aub,Zola,Best,Ballack and Hazard all have 99 shooting power.

Another player I'm really starting to enjoy is De Jong. His long range shooting is exceptional and the last few times I've brought him on as a supersub he's made an immediate impact. I'm half tempted to drop Keane and move Ballack to his role and bring on De Jong for Ballack's current role.

Prime Butragueno 30 goals and 16 assists in 36 games.

Decent return :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Flashback Luiz is getting upgraded to the 89

Might do him, never used him this game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

wonski wrote: »

Why Gerrard. He doesn't seem to be playable at all. Better cards out there.

Liverpool fan. He’s been my goal since day 1.... waited forever for his SBC.

lol I loved the comment on reddit about the OP icons.
    They said Gerrard's moment was slipping during the Chelsea game so he was getting a downgrade icon :D

I thought it was the base card you were after initially.

If that's what you want, go for it.

I got rid of prime Rui Costa and his middle card is back in my team as cm. Just like him and that's all. Tried that Arthur special 90 card. What a scam to even pay for it. Not to mention 635k paid for it.

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    I thought it was the base card you were after initially.

If that's what you want, go for it.

I got rid of prime Rui Costa and his middle card is back in my team as cm. Just like him and that's all. Tried that Arthur special 90 card. What a scam to even pay for it. Not to mention 635k paid for it.

Costa is awesome. I loved his card since Fifa 18, I did his prime and all this time around and was very tempted to keep it but I was doing it for the Best SBC.
    I never took heed of those saying he was a lower tier icon..they haven't a clue about how to use him. Same goes for Zola.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Bloody Del Piero is causing me a dilemma now.

He's the obvious choice to go into the SBC for Butra, since they play the same position, and I have Zola and Best that play ST and CAM as well.
    And nakata was done for Butra, but since I'm deploying him as a CM, I should drop Del Piero in, so I can fully utilize everyone.

But Nakata is so bloody anonymous. Whereas Del Piero scored my first bicycle kick of Fifa 19 today.

Trying to figure out how to play 4 strikers, lol

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Bloody Del Piero is causing me a dilemma now.

He's the obvious choice to go into the SBC for Butra, since they play the same position, and I have Zola and Best that play ST and CAM as well.
    And nakata was done for Butra, but since I'm deploying him as a CM, I should drop Del Piero in, so I can fully utilize everyone.

But Nakata is so bloody anonymous. Whereas Del Piero scored my first bicycle kick of Fifa 19 today.

Trying to figure out how to play 4 strikers, lol

Ditch nakata all day long over del piero!

The fact that nakata prime is 450k on market v 970k for baby del piero tells you all you need to know about the difference in quality

Costa is awesome. I loved his card since Fifa 18, I did his prime and all this time around and was very tempted to keep it but I was doing it for the Best SBC.
    I never took heed of those saying he was a lower tier icon..they haven't a clue about how to use him. Same goes for Zola.

Out of all mid tier cards this year he is the best for me. Also needed Portugal player for chem and he is just perfect. If Petit was Portuguese his name would be Rui Costa.

The stats on that luiz look super!

I could always chuck my flashback Pedro in to shave 40k off Chelsea part and sbc casemiro in to shave 60k or so off Brazil part

His stats are better than potm vvd in a lot of areas

Blazer wrote:
    Costa is awesome. I loved his card since Fifa 18, I did his prime and all this time around and was very tempted to keep it but I was doing it for the Best SBC. I never took heed of those saying he was a lower tier icon..they haven't a clue about how to use him. Same goes for Zola.

....when you play better players you'll see Zola will go missing on you. He might be fine for division 5, try him in division 3 and up and see how he does for you. Or in the latter part of WL. He's simply too small and too weak to be effective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

....when you play better players you'll see Zola will go missing on you. He might be fine for division 5, try him in division 3 and up and see how he does for you. Or in the latter part of WL. He's simply too small and too weak to be effective.

Nah I've used Zola on division 2 for past month he was just under a goal a game for me up to last week. He was less effective with his specialty long range outside box shots but still scores plenty from inside.

He never goes missing for me. With his work rates and attacking position he's always in the right place. Its a major complaint against Buetro in that he tends to go missing which is why I stuck with Zola.
    You can be guaranteed that if a ball bounces loose and your player gets to it , 9 times out of 10 Zola is on hand to belt it into the net.
    Regardless of division I'm playing WL mode week in week out with around a 70% win rate and Zola carries my team every weekend.
    Would CR7 do better? Absolutely..but he's 3 times the price.
    Would Messi do the same--nope..Prime Zola is better than Messi and tons of people agree on this.
    Would toty Messi be better? Of course but he's 10 times the price.
    Cruyff would be closest but again 2-3 times Zola's price.

PS..man I'm making a killing on Kasper Schmiechel and Leno tonight.
    Buying for 3-8k and selling for 9.5k. Up 200k already.

• Advertisement

awesome. Made enough tonight to buy my rttf Aurier back and then some.
    I was tempted to do the base icon sbc again but resisted the urge.
    Would love a Cruyff though. Maybe if I make enough tonight might give it a shot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement