Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I got ballotteli in my player picks this week.
    While I was checking totw for potential bargains I noticed balotelli was extinct, couldn’t figure it out.

I thought, he must be lethal if he’s extinct! Tried him out in 2 matches as a sub, dirt!!!!

Then it dawned on me, he’s extinct in totw cos he has a otw card :D

Edit: ok, not quite dirt, but I was expecting something special when he couldn’t be bought on the market haha

Believe it or not I am still using futmas Mario. In the starting 11. How embarrassing :)

Meanwhile Messi 95 sitting on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Eusebio with his 100th goal for the club :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Optimus prime van nistelrooy sbc up

wonski wrote: »
    Believe it or not I am still using futmas Mario. In the starting 11. How embarrassing :)

Meanwhile Messi 95 sitting on the bench.

Ah I was only saying “dirt” to emphasize how I thought he was going to be super but wasn’t based on me thinking he was extinct.

His futmas card has done a number on me a couple of times!

89 umtitti added to La Liga sbc, those silvers from Huesca are going to be extinct!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Optimus prime van nistelrooy sbc up

the price of that! imagine what Henry will cost!

RossieMan wrote: »
    the price of that! imagine what Henry will cost!

What are we looking sat as a ballpark figure?

I’m too busy snapping up Spanish silver.

There’s a left winger from valladolid that’s the only left mid in that team, I’ve bought about 20 of him at 3k, hoping that once people start doing this sbc again for umtitti that he’ll rise to 6 or 7k as the left back is extinct so they need him for chemistry.

Verde is his name if anyone is feeling like a punt.

Hogey007 wrote:
    What are we looking sat as a ballpark figure?

Over 2 million. Should settle around the 2 million mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

RVN SBC

1x Bronze squad,
    1x Silver squad,
    1x Gold squad + 2 totw,
    1x Icon,
    1x 83 squad + 2 totw,
    1x 84 squad + 2 totw,
    2x 85 squad + 2 totw,
    1x 86 squad + 2 totw,
    1x 87 squad + 2 totw,
    1x 88 squad + 1 totw

:eek::eek::eek:

Over 2 million. Should settle around the 2 million mark.

Wow! I can probably scrap my plan to get all 3 of Ronaldo, gullit and Maldini if that’s the price they want for van nistelrooy!

I see his loan just requires an 82 squad, I’ll do that and try him out in weekend league.

• Advertisement

RVN SBC

1x Bronze squad,
    1x Silver squad,
    1x Gold squad + 2 totw,
    1x Icon,
    1x 83 squad + 2 totw,
    1x 84 squad + 2 totw,
    2x 85 squad + 2 totw,
    1x 86 squad + 2 totw,
    1x 87 squad + 2 totw,
    1x 88 squad + 1 totw

:eek::eek::eek:

I think they’ve really badly miscalculated this, no one will do it.
    His prime icon was available at 740k, I thought this would be 1 to 1.2 mil maximum.

No one in their right mind would pay an extra 1.3 million for an extra 1 overall and for it to be untradeable too.

And I absolutely loved van nistelrooy as a player (in real life, never used him in fifa)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

And I absolutely loved van nistelrooy as a player (in real life, never used him in fifa)

He's my all time favorite player and I can't see a way to justify it.

I've only used his middle card yet but no chance I'd pay that even if I had the coins and untradeables to do it. Zlatan is far more effective as the big man up top so it just wouldn't make sense :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think they’ve really badly miscalculated this, no one will do it.

Nah, I think the OP Icons are basically aimed squarely at the 5% who had ultra-teams and nothing else further to work for. The top tier of player, the one with teams worth 50m full of icons and 92+ rated squads, have got new reason to keep playing. Dolphins and whales have new reasons to buy packs.

The 2nd tier down and lower of players aren't expected to be going after these. I don't think they expect the vast majority to be able to touch them. But they HAD to come up with something to appeal to the ultra-rich, or they were gonna walk away. They know EXACTLY what they're doing with that one.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Nah, I think the OP Icons are basically aimed squarely at the 5% who had ultra-teams and nothing else further to work for. The top tier of player, the one with teams worth 50m full of icons and 92+ rated squads, have got new reason to keep playing. Dolphins and whales have new reasons to buy packs.

The 2nd tier down and lower of players aren't expected to be going after these. I don't think they expect the vast majority to be able to touch them. But they HAD to come up with something to appeal to the ultra-rich, or they were gonna walk away. They know EXACTLY what they're doing with that one.

I really hope they get enough bad feedback that they change it for future ones.

I was going to do the loan for van nistelrooy but copped it was only 10 games instead of usual 20.
    Might still do it when I get a few 82’s again but can’t be bothered buying any specifically to do this.

Still no upgrades to ucl/Europa players, they said they’d be done last night or today, I guess they do still have 4 hours of the day left :)

And there will be YouTube review of this card too. And not just one.

wonski wrote: »
    And there will be YouTube review of this card too. And not just one.

those youtube reviews are a pile of bollocks, being honest.

its all from people in EA's back pocket.
    Marshall, Bateson etc are all a complete fraud.

13-5 now, dreadful. Ball hitting off the referee and just the fifa world going against me :pac: time to call it a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

those youtube reviews are a pile of bollocks, being honest.

its all from people in EA's back pocket.
    Marshall, Bateson etc are all a complete fraud.

Not sure how you can call Marshall a fraud. He’s one of the few reviewers who don’t recommend coin sellers, and gives an honest review of players.

Blazer wrote: »
    Not sure how you can call Marshall a fraud. He’s one of the few reviewers who don’t recommend coin sellers, and gives an honest review of players.

They are all influencers really.

Also he is getting free coins from EA. Correct me if I am wrong on that.

The whole review of players makes no sense anyway as you need to try them to se if they are good for you.

Giving stars or notes are worse than looking at the player stats.

Aren’t you doing the same though when you claim certain players aren’t great. The almighty Zola being one of them :)

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    Aren’t you doing the same though when you claim certain players aren’t great. The almighty Zola being one of them :)

But I do it for free so it is completely impartial advice. We also keep saying the game is ****e, they don't 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Ya next year might be the first year I don’t buy FIFA 20 on release, unless there’s something substantial added to the game.
    Will be moving abroad in August and will only be bringing the PC with me, not the console. Funds will be tight so it’ll be a while until l’d be able to justify a console... Hope a competitor to FIFA steps up and makes EA develop an actual decent game. They never seem to get the balance right which is frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Not gonna get to play WL this week but its been a great week. I've doubled my transfer profit from a sh*t 1m to a less sh*t 2m.

Blazer wrote:

He's so far up EAs arse he can't see the sun anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

I'm currently 2 wins from 5...

The three I've lost have been by 3 or 4 goals each time as well...

DDG has sh1t himself so many times I just can't understand it.

He's so far up EAs arse he can't see the sun anymore.

Ah well I’m outta it now for good. No going back :)

Finished for the night on 3 wins from 8...

Dunno what's going on but this is going to be my last weekend league... not enjoying it at all.

I'm 7-0 to start, typical Friday gameplay. Buttery smooth and making some lovely build up play.
    Wasting my Auba at RW though so Crespo can do the business up top.

This far into Fifa and I still haven't looked up how to do a drag back, a tornado cross or that skill where they swich the ball from right foot to left.

• Advertisement

I'm 7-0 to start, typical Friday gameplay. Buttery smooth and making some lovely build up play.
    Wasting my Auba at RW though so Crespo can do the business up top.

I'd usually be around 6 from 8 at the start, dunno what's happened but my team has fallen apart at the seams!

I'll play a few games for the craic but now that I've decided I won't be doing the weekend league again the pressure is off

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement