Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

First pack... Best pull otamendi.

Currently going for 20k gonna put him into my prem team and see how he is.

Next best 82 rated bakambu.

Only 1 pack per account so going to jumbo premiums.

First pack carvahal
    Second gundogan
    Third pack no one
    Forth pack no one
    Fifth pack no one

I mean the pulls weren't terrible as some of those players will go into my team but not worth the 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

RossieMan wrote: »
    In theory that sounds wonderful. Have you got 400k to sit on for possibly 3-4 months?
    In don't think its realistic to buy 20 of them hoping he'll get an IF. If you've got the coins fire ahead, his card at the moment is unplayable, so can't see 1 IF changing that and making him desirable.

Just for clarity, I have 2 on my trade pile. Its no risk really on a small amount of cards. Large scale i wouldn't touch him, yet.

It doesn't matter if it is playable.

What matters is what other players will pay when he scores.

Based on his record (not today's performance) there is a good chance he will score again. And when he does the profit comes in. Not when he got his second inform card. Or even the first (if he ever gets one).

One goal scored made him 40k desirable today.

Prices will go down a bit over a time, but taking Everton schedule into account he is likely to strike again.

Again, whether it is playable or not makes no difference. And it might be playable to some anyway.

I played with him there.

Second game back from four days away so I wasn't playing great but he did score, didn't add much else but as I said I didn't play well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

RossieMan wrote: »
    In theory that sounds wonderful. Have you got 400k to sit on for possibly 3-4 months?
    In don't think its realistic to buy 20 of them hoping he'll get an IF. If you've got the coins fire ahead, his card at the moment is unplayable, so can't see 1 IF changing that and making him desirable.

Just for clarity, I have 2 on my trade pile. Its no risk really on a small amount of cards. Large scale i wouldn't touch him, yet.

You don't need him to get an inform you just need him to score and cash in on him instantly, he was 20k last night and went to 28k when he was announced in the line up, even then you can cash in and rinse and repeat. Not a hope would it take 3-4 months :pac: unless he gets injured.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Got my 14 wins in was my target have six games left to play so might get gold two. Still been matched up again at other super teams but seem to be able handle it this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

jayo26 wrote: »
    Got my 14 wins in was my target have six games left to play so might get gold two. Still been matched up again at other super teams but seem to be able handle it this year.

Same with me, but for rivals. Still rotating between my basic prem/serie A squads and I’m able to beat top tier Bundesliga and Prem sides.

Any recommendations on players in Serie A/Prem btw? Particularly in the ST/LF/CM departments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Same with me, but for rivals. Still rotating between my basic prem/serie A squads and I’m able to beat top tier Bundesliga and Prem sides.

Any recommendations on players in Serie A/Prem btw? Particularly in the ST/LF/CM departments

Budget or good players?

King is banging them in if on budget. He can miss one on one 3 times in a game, though, so can't wait to build proper team ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

The expected weekend league collapse has happened :(. Was 11-3 and now I'm 11-7. The worst part is apart from one game where I was destroyed it felt like playing squad battles on legendary.

I was winning one match 2-0 when he brings on loan ronaldo and uses him to score two corners and then pass it around the back.

Was drawing 0-0 when my keeper throws the ball to my left centre back who is marked instead of my right back who I selected and powered the pass to.

Was hoping for gold 1 but now going to try for gold 3 and stop there. Although if I get brought down from behind in the box with no foul given once more the controller could bounce off the wall :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Politano is doing a decent job for my Serie A side on the left. Puts a nice cross in.

Dzeko is doing the business for me up top supported by Hamsik and Callejon has been great on the right.

For cm if you want a more defensive minded player then Allan is fantastic.

They are all fairly budget options apart from Hamsik so decent to start off with.

• Advertisement

What are the special items player pics as reward for weekend league? Are they going to be informs from that week? Or can we save them and use them any week?

wonski wrote: »

Budget or good players?

King is banging them in if on budget. He can miss one on one 3 times in a game, though, so can't wait to build proper team ;)

Either or. I’ve got 50k atm, can push it to 60k.

I'm using grioud up top at the moment in a prem team and he's doing a serious job.

Also lanzini at cam is playing very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Currently 9-15 in wl, I know most wouldn’t be happy with that but I am, apart from buying de gea I haven’t made any big signings and as previously I’ve said, I am relatively average at the game, would love to get 2 wins from last 6 to get enough points for next weekend without having to grind out the last few hundred during the week in division rivals.

Oh and for 2 of my wl matches I used a serie a team which included loan dybala and loan Ronaldo, my god it just feels so nice to use a player of the quality of Ronaldo again!

Decided to play two more to try and end my losing streak. It was a mistake :pac:

Lost the first game fair and square but I was one ahead in the second in the 88th minute when I get some sort of glitch where my keeper won't pick up the ball so he keeps walking into it with his feet until he knocks it across the goal to the other guys striker.

He subs on mbappe then and immediately steals the ball from my kick off and gets a corner which he obviously scores.

From 11-3 to 11-9. I don't mind losing but the glitches like the keeper and the ever present exploits like kick off and corners really take the fun out of an otherwise good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The fúck is with penalties in this? First one I took, I put a normal amount of power on it and the arrow seemed to be going where I had it pointed then the arrow shot up over the bar and the ball went with it.

Second one, since I was wary of the first, I put way less power on it and the same thing happened. Is there a trick to them this year?

Actually mad how many games I’ve lost where it’s been complete domination. More shots, more possession but my opponent gets lucky on the counter attack because my full backs are playing as wingers despite defensive instructions.

Still haven’t gotten the hang of penalties....I don’t understand them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

How on earth are people still conceding from kick off in 2019
    Just stand at the top of the circle with your striker in a defensive position :confused:

irishman86 wrote: »
    How on earth are people still conceding from kick off in 2019
    Just stand at the top of the circle with your striker in a defensive position :confused:

Is this still a thing?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Is this still a thing?

Defending :pac: ya some teams still do it
    I havent had a kickoff goal scored against me in about 3 years
    I give away plenty of other goals mind

• Advertisement

Was dominating a game last night and this dude gets a lucky goal and I hadn't been able to break him down, run the pitch from kick off with Lucas and score to make it 1-1 it was nearly to easy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Is this still a thing?

If your half decent shooting outside the box. Yep. Did it twice yesterday.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Currently 9-15 in wl, I know most wouldn’t be happy with that but I am, apart from buying de gea I haven’t made any big signings and as previously I’ve said, I am relatively average at the game, would love to get 2 wins from last 6 to get enough points for next weekend without having to grind out the last few hundred during the week in division rivals.

Oh and for 2 of my wl matches I used a serie a team which included loan dybala and loan Ronaldo, my god it just feels so nice to use a player of the quality of Ronaldo again!

Won 2 from next 3. On 11-16 now. Delighted with that!! I’ve found wl much more enjoyable this year, although I lost more than half, there was only 1 game where I felt completely out of my depth, the rest were all close games and 3 penalties defeats.

Likewise, only 1 game i absolutely destroyed them, 4-0 up before half time and they rage quit. So all in all, I think you are being matched with similar squads/skills.
    I didn’t face Messi or Ronaldo once and only 1 icon (Zola)
    I’m unlikely to win my last 3 remaining games but might give them a try after the Liverpool match later, just to help towards monthly rewards if nothing else.
    At the moment I’m very fifa’d out. Between all the division rivals games to qualify and then the wl itself I’ve played a lot this week.
    Going to relax now and watch the 3 matches.
    So going to pass on that futswap item in daily objective, hopefully I’ll still pick up 12 of the remaining 13 to get lalanna but not overly disappointed if I miss out on him, will use them for packs. (Or wonder can they be carried to next month? It says these will be regular and read on twitter there’s going be be monthly futswaps, wonder can I hold some of the items to use next month?)

Gonna have to try cram in a few games today on Division rivals, I'm currently in Rank 1 but heading off tomorrow for a few weeks so won't get to play due to work commitments, gonna do some serious trading during that time though so it's not all bad, usually the second week of October is when players are at their highest point.

J. Marston wrote: »
    The fúck is with penalties in this? First one I took, I put a normal amount of power on it and the arrow seemed to be going where I had it pointed then the arrow shot up over the bar and the ball went with it.

Second one, since I was wary of the first, I put way less power on it and the same thing happened. Is there a trick to them this year?

The penalties are glitched.

My first two went flying over like I didn't know how to take them, felt like a lag spike reaction.

Was dreading getting the third but then had a run where the bar worked as it should.

But again for my last two with Fabinhio who's a 90 plus taker the balls went over the bar when I'd barely tapped the button.

One of them was sickening as the fella had a 10 million team and won 1-0.

The power bar is definitely bugged at times.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I didn’t face Messi or Ronaldo once and only 1 icon (Zola)
    I’m unlikely to win my last 3 remaining games but might give them a try after the Liverpool match later, just to help towards monthly rewards if nothing else.
    At the moment I’m very fifa’d out. Between all the division rivals games to qualify and then the wl itself I’ve played a lot this week.
    Going to relax now and watch the 3 matches.
    So going to pass on that futswap item in daily objective, hopefully I’ll still pick up 12 of the remaining 13 to get lalanna but not overly disappointed if I miss out on him, will use them for packs. (Or wonder can they be carried to next month? It says these will be regular and read on twitter there’s going be be monthly futswaps, wonder can I hold some of the items to use next month?)

They got rid of the monthly rewards so now you get red informs every week based on how you do so you don't have to play extra games for monthlies.

Afaik the futswap cards don't carry over to the next month so you're better off getting the packs or another player if you miss out on Lallana.

Finally broke my losing streak so only need 2 more wins for gold 3 :)

Gyan84 wrote: »
    They got rid of the monthly rewards so now you get red informs every week based on how you do so you don't have to play extra games for monthlies.

Afaik the futswap cards don't carry over to the next month so you're better off getting the packs or another player if you miss out on Lallana.

Finally broke my losing streak so only need 2 more wins for gold 3 :)

Ah cool, thanks for the tips, I lost the first of my remaining 3 wl matches 4-3 so will leave it at that. Can’t go up any higher in weekly ranks.
    Will cash in whatever futswap tokens I get so, cheers.

Gonna try for the lalana card myself he looks great imo.

Are they gonna be tradable if they don't cut the mustard or go for silly money at the start?

Also looks like aubm might get an inform with two goals and an assist is 30mins... I'd say he'll be some card then

ImANoob08 wrote: »

Are they gonna be tradable if they don't cut the mustard or go for silly money at the start?

Also looks like aubm might get an inform with two goals and an assist is 30mins... I'd say he'll be some card then

He's already unreal I can't even imagine how insane his inform would be :eek:

• Advertisement

ImANoob08 wrote: »

The lalana card won’t be tradeable I’m afraid.

Lacazette could pip auba for the totw card either? Be close between them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement