Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Guffy

Hilarious one tonight.

Home alone tonight so said feck it will push for gold 2. Had 10 wins and 11 games left. Was down to needing 2 from 2 and take the lead in the game. Skip replay as usual. He then scores 4 before 60 min (at gf's house so lag is shocking at times) but watches every replay.

I press pause to quit after the 4th on 63 min or so and he does the shh. Fúck that says I. Go back in game and run the ball out for a throw in my corner. Again and again and again and again until about 90 min. He gets it up to 6-1 with a couple of crosses.

Finally he gets bored and just hoofs it back to keeper from a throw. Ends up scoring an og after it bounces over keeps head. I did the ear cup to camera and watched replay. 91 min of 3 min injury time. He scores another og on purpose this time. I skipped quickly thinking no way.

Then he scores another og, game kicks him and i get my 2 games back :D

Edit: got 17 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Guffy wrote: »
    Hilarious one tonight.

Home alone tonight so said feck it will push for gold 2. Had 10 wins and 11 games left. Was down to needing 2 from 2 and take the lead in the game. Skip replay as usual. He then scores 4 before 60 min (at gf's house so lag is shocking at times) but watches every replay.

I press pause to quit after the 4th on 63 min or so and he does the shh. Fúck that says I. Go back in game and run the ball out for a throw in my corner. Again and again and again and again until about 90 min. He gets it up to 6-1 with a couple of crosses.

Finally he gets bored and just hoofs it back to keeper from a throw. Ends up scoring an og after it bounces over keeps head. I did the ear cup to camera and watched replay. 91 min of 3 min injury time. He scores another og on purpose this time. I skipped quickly thinking no way.

Then he scores another og, game kicks him and i get my 2 games back :D

Edit: got 17 :D

Love that :D

I opened a pack this morning, the orange light comes up, it’s a man of the match, Spanish flag......sergioooooio..........nope, some 81 rated keeper :D

If I was awake I’d have known it wasn’t a walkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Finished on 20 wins with 2 games left. Don't know what I'll have to do to get across the line to elite.

Gonna try to get 86 striker Son next and eventually move onto an Icon striker there as a partner for Ibra. Hopefully that's the difference maker.

Finished on 20 wins with 2 games left. Don't know what I'll have to do to get across the line to elite.

Gonna try to get 86 striker Son next and eventually move onto an Icon striker there as a partner for Ibra. Hopefully that's the difference maker.

Who’s your right mid? I got sbc alessandrini so I can start ibra more and I’ve found him really good (best will always be my main right mid but in rivals etc I like to change it up a bit)

Mbappe.

I've FB Rooney and Prime Keane to get Ibra to full chem but in game I switch a center midfielder (who's actually a striker) up beside Ibra and drop Rooney back into midfield.

I'll stick up my team in an hour or so, not at a pc now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I really wanna do an icon sbc.

I’m predicting Socrates today.

I might just do cannavaro if neither of the next 2 are ones I want

Had a look at cannavaro but the fact he's a OP Icon and is 93 rated is a joke.

He's the best defender to ever live and only center back to ever win a balan d'or.

Should be a 97 atleast... not even an upgrade on nesta or POTM VVD

So here is the current team for chem

https://www.futbin.com//19/squad/5751149

Everyone is on 10 chem with Rooney on 8 with an English manager

I switch to this in game

https://www.futbin.com//19/squad/5750541

So let me explain the method to my madness because I think a few will be thinking why that set up?

I've found defensive midfielders and wide wingers to be two positions that for some reason don't hold their position how I'd want them to. For example when I've set a dm to stay back I expect he'll sit in front of the back 4 like a 3rd center back and cover that area but they never do.

When I set wide midfielder to stay wide and stretch the pitch that's what I want but too often they come in centrally to get into the box or whatever (despite instructions to not do so)

This formation the wing back perfectly hold the wide areas and dropping keane back with the center backs allows me to get use of his best attributes (ball winning and passing) without being caught out by his weak points (shooting).

The two strikers are set as target men and to stay in the middle (giving the wing backs targets in the middle all the time)

Mbappe gets the free roam and get into the box, hes set to get beyond the target men with his pace to catch any side who moves up out. I also have headliner Werner to replace Mbappe around the 60 min and coming in fresh he kills teams.

Nedved and Rooney are allowed the freedom to create, move the ball out to the wing backs and shoot but I keep them centrally and don't have them getting into the box as theres already Ibra, Lukaku and Mbappe in there. Rooney and Nedved sit just outside.

The obvious problem with this side currently is Lukaku, he does a job but compared to what Ibra can do it's not good enough. He just isn't good enough at this stage of the game but I had no more coins left to buy better. This is why I think ST Son would be good : He's decent height, 5 star weak foot, decent pace and finishing. The eventual plan would be to get some Icon striker in there but that's a few weeks away yet, might go for some base one first and upgrade down the line.

And hopefully that will be what sees me finally get elite.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

You posted the same squad twice incognito

Fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

wong wrote: »
    You posted the same squad twice incognito

He got that very wong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Funny joke jayo, haven't heard that one before.

Come on decent icon sbc. I predicted Socrates yesterday which it wasn’t so I’ll try same again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Giggs. The most useless of all the icons.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Come on decent icon sbc. I predicted Socrates yesterday which it wasn’t so I’ll try same again today.

Wrong again. It’s giggs, there’s an upgrade option too for anyone that did him before. Looks costly enough

Doesn’t bode well for getting Best upgraded for anything half decent when this is what they offer for the giggs upgrade.

It’s like fifa 19 has just been one big running joke that we’re all participants in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

They’re quite clearly taking the piss now. I reckon it’s a social experiment to see how far they can **** players over.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Not to mention those daily sbcs. I literally do it and then quick sell all unless there is 85 card at least. And even then its like 20k that will do nothing.

Sooner or later the time has to come when it gets very boring.

Anyone continuing to buy packs with this absolute farce is just adding to the problem. It's a pity the community is so terrible that a boycott wouldn't even work.

Even from a business point of view what they’re doing at the moment is crazy, they’ve let the a**e fall out of the market with these 2 for 1 packs with no sbc’s to keep card values up.

I’m getting 83’s for 900 and 84’s for 2500 to 3000.

Then with the prime icon moments sbc, the reason I thought it would be Socrates was because it makes perfect business sense, he’s good enough that he’d improve most people’s team so a lot of people would do him, but at the same time it still leaves room to improve him when the absolute top tier of icons is out.

Anyway, I’ve gone unassigned on the cheap cards, didn’t do wl so wouldn’t have had any packs to open Thursday anyway and something will come along soon to drive 83’s and 84’s back up.

Spent 400k on them and got a few cl marquee matchups players too Incase that comes up tomorrow.
    In the first round of these matches they picked psg v united and spurs v Dortmund so you’d imagine it’ll be Ajax v real and Porto v Rona if there’s any.
    Getting players at discard prices anyway so zero risk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Is Giggs that bad? 700k for his prime seems very cheap.

• Advertisement

Pyjamarama wrote:

2 star 3 star. He's literally useless for anyone with a decent LM. Felipe Andersen would be far better.

Pyjamarama wrote: »

He ok at running in straight lines and crossing :)

Played 2 games in the daft with OP Giggs and thought he was a real danger with a target man in the middle. He'd be great for anyone who switchs into a formation with wing backs who don't have a good player out there.

Give him open space to run into and you'll get joy.

But yeah you won't get much from him cutting inside and trying to skill your way around the pitch.

Played 2 games in the daft with OP Giggs and thought he was a real danger with a target man in the middle. He'd be great for anyone who switchs into a formation with wing backs who don't have a good player out there.

Give him open space to run into and you'll get joy.

But yeah you won't get much from him cutting inside and trying to skill your way around the pitch.

It's actually ridiculous to be fair he is one of the best premuerleague players ever and is totally unusable in comparison to other average players.

jayo26 wrote: »
    It's actually ridiculous to be fair he is one of the best premuerleague players ever and is totally unusable in comparison to other average players.

Yeah it is. The game just isn't tactically in depth enough to use players who don't fit the "meta".

If you never watched football and played Fifa you'd think Ben Yedder was one of the world's best players and Messi was alright on his day :pac:

Yeah it is. The game just isn't tactically in depth enough to use players who don't fit the "meta".

If you never watched football and played Fifa you'd think Ben Yedder was one of the world's best players and Messi was alright on his day :pac:

You’d probably be wondering what the hell happened to Butland and Babayoko since 2018 lol :)

christ EA have really shafted those who did the prime icons already.
    Its actually cheaper by about 100-200k to complete moments Giggs from scratch as opposed to upgrading his prime.
    Plus you get an extra mega pack. Think about that. EA has just **** on everyone who did the prime icons already.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Giggs prime is 550k, was 620k yesterday.

I don't remember meeting him in any of my games tbh.

Never been that popular so doubt many are affected by this tbh.

wonski wrote: »
    Giggs prime is 550k, was 620k yesterday.

I don't remember meeting him in any of my games tbh.

Never been that popular so doubt many are affected by this tbh.

Not a good sign though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Blazer wrote: »
    christ EA have really shafted those who did the prime icons already.
    Its actually cheaper by about 100-200k to complete moments Giggs from scratch as opposed to upgrading his prime.
    Plus you get an extra mega pack. Think about that. EA has just **** on everyone who did the prime icons already.

I don't think they expect anyone to buy Prime Giggs and do the upgrade that way, do they? How is that Math working out?

I see the upgrade purely for those who did the original Prime SBC (There was one, right?). In which case...

(Futbin prices)
    OP Giggs SBC - 805k
    Upgrade SBC (with untradeable Giggs) - 230k.

RIGHT! There's the issue that the untradeable Giggs probably set you back an absolute bomb already.

But with the way the prices have dropped, if I had the Prime Giggs and a few untradeables, I'd probably be ok with paying 200k to upgrade him. Not thrilled. But it's not far off what I'd have thought was coming anyway, is it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement