Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The headliner card is now better than his POTM too.

Another couple of In forms and I can forget about R9 and just use rashford instead :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Flogged all my cards and blew them on packs as I was gonna pack it in again..couldn't face playing 15-20 games this weekend.
    So ended up buying I think 6 ultimate packs and 8 of those 25k packs.
    Ultimate pack results- Benzema highest rated 85 out of 6 100k packs
    Kroos highest rate out of 8 25k packs.
    So out of 800k I ended up with about 120k worth of players. Pretty ****e odds especially when you consider that out of those 6 ultimate packs I got 1 x 85, 1x84, about 5 x 83 and the rest were utter rubbish.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

With loan OP Petit - 7-3
    Without Petit - 2-4

I didn't think Petit was that amazing tbh (0 goals and 1 assist in 10 games), but switching him out has co-incided with a losing run this morning. Depressing.

Now, admittedly, replacing Petit with Fred should see a down turn. But its more that I felt he wasn't that influential, and I've liked Fred recently.

Have 620k, so tempted to grab Scholes to try out for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Petit is like Keane and Rijkaard. You don't miss them until they're out of your team and you wonder why you're losing midfield so much and your attackers are playing deep to get the ball or their replacements are struggling to get the ball early to attackers etc.

With loan OP Petit - 7-3
    Without Petit - 2-4

I didn't think Petit was that amazing tbh (0 goals and 1 assist in 10 games), but switching him out has co-incided with a losing run this morning. Depressing.

Now, admittedly, replacing Petit with Fred should see a down turn. But its more that I felt he wasn't that influential, and I've liked Fred recently.

I was 8-5 yesterday
    Today 2-5, just getting absolutely no breaks and lost 2 pen shoot outs.

I meant to say to you as you’ve posted a few times about loving the sweeper keeper, baby van der sar has been superb for me, I got him in the icon sbc and use him sometimes to give futswap Juan Jesus or sbc umtitti a game.
    Only his baby version has the sweeper keeper trait but I find it so useful, he’s prevented a few goals with it.
    Downside to him is he doesn’t have the leg save trait but with low driven shots being nerfed in fifa 19 it’s not really as big a requirement to have that trait as it was in fifa 18.
    Anyway just said I’d mention him to you, I know 400k is a lot for a keeper but he ticks the ex united box and also allows you to play any centre backs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Guffy

With loan OP Petit - 7-3
    Without Petit - 2-4

Had the exact same experience. I put Rijkaard back in when loan was up and the difference is huge. Passing is way down and bouncy ball is way up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Really enjoying the gameplay this weekend in Divisions

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I was 8-5 yesterday
    Today 2-5, just getting absolutely no breaks and lost 2 pen shoot outs.

I meant to say to you as you’ve posted a few times about loving the sweeper keeper, baby van der sar has been superb for me, I got him in the icon sbc and use him sometimes to give futswap Juan Jesus or sbc umtitti a game.
    Only his baby version has the sweeper keeper trait but I find it so useful, he’s prevented a few goals with it.
    Downside to him is he doesn’t have the leg save trait but with low driven shots being nerfed in fifa 19 it’s not really as big a requirement to have that trait as it was in fifa 18.
    Anyway just said I’d mention him to you, I know 400k is a lot for a keeper but he ticks the ex united box and also allows you to play any centre backs

VDS is someone I actually regreted not doing his SBC, cause every time I come up against him now, he seems god like. Especially compared to Cech who seems so sluggish.

I'll 100% try the baby if he has sweeper though. Just prioritizing a CM at the moment (getting very tempted towards starting Petit), and then keeper is next on my list :)

Sigh. From 7-3 yesterday to 11-10 today. So basically a perfect inverse.

Don’t think it’s just Petit either. Just constant super teams again, with skillerz and stuff. Miss yesterday.

Sigh. From 7-3 yesterday to 11-10 today. So basically a perfect inverse.

Don’t think it’s just Petit either. Just constant super teams again, with skillerz and stuff. Miss yesterday.

Seems the same for me, I was flying it yesterday.

Today I’m having a mare, won the last 2 so salvaged it a bit.
    I can’t blame lag or gameplay, I’ve just not been at the races and have had a bit of bad luck but I suppose everyone feels things are going against them when they’re on a bad run.

• Advertisement

Seems the same for me, I was flying it yesterday.

Today I’m having a mare, won the last 2 so salvaged it a bit.
    I can’t blame lag or gameplay, I’ve just not been at the races and have had a bit of bad luck but I suppose everyone feels things are going against them when they’re on a bad run.

Yeah.

I know it’s likely mentality.

But it does feel like every ball bounces for the other guy, while everyone on my team just stands watching.

11-11 now. Putting it away for today. Will try and get three wins tomorrow to get to 14. Wouldn’t mind if the losses were spread out, but ending yesterday thinking 20 was achievable and then getting humiliated repeatedly today suuuuuuucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Is it conceding goals or scoring goals you lads have the problem with? Plenty of defensive formations that completely counter the 4231 most teams are using these days.

The super teams certainly do get old after you've played a few in a row.

Is it conceding goals or scoring goals you lads have the problem with? Plenty of defensive formations that completely counter the 4231 most teams are using these days.

The super teams certainly do get old after you've played a few in a row.

Varies for me. Some games I’ll score five but conceded six. Others, I’ll struggle to even get the ball out of my box.

I generally find its less formations I struggle with and more people who have high pressure tactics that force me to clear the ball to unresponsive attackers.

Varies for me too, I had a couple of low scoring losses today and also some 4-3 type scores.

Couple of defeats, they were by far the better player, no question, but on a few others it was probably a mixture of me not being clinical enough and bad luck.
    Over the space of 2 games that I lost by 1 goal each I hit the post 9 times, I know you can say if I was more clinical I’d have put those away but if you hit the post that many times you do feel a bit hard done by.
    Anyway let’s see what icon and carniball player appear at 6 so I might be able to improve my team and finish with the exact same number of wins again next week :D

OOoh an 87 Benjamin mendy in sbc and desailly is the icon.

Will almost certainly be doing mendy, just wanna do comparisons and stuff first

OOoh an 87 Benjamin mendy in sbc and desailly is the icon.

Will almost certainly be doing mendy, just wanna do comparisons and stuff first

FFS Mendy still superior and tradeable

Redzer7 wrote: »

Very true!

Oh that’s just my reaction whenever I see a new card, then I go off and analyze it and usually see it’s not actually worth it.

I do have fekir, and thauvin untradeable though and a tonne of 84’s in my unassigned that I got for about 2k each last week so I could do mendy very cheap.
    I’m heading out shortly so I’ll decide tomorrow as Alonso will also be 88 next week so probably don’t need mendy.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭polarbearhead

I have never won a penalty shoot out in the weekend league. I’d say I’ve lost probably 20 of them since the start, and that’s a low estimate

I have never won a penalty shoot out in the weekend league. I’d say I’ve lost probably 20 of them since the start, and that’s a low estimate

I sucked at them, but I'll give my two pieces of advice.

1. Go to skill games and practice a few. Once you get how to power them up, and how to aim them, it does become easier.

2. I'm not sure how true or not this is. Might just be one of those mental things. But I THINK if someone is holding the stick to aim left or right too quickly, then the shooting player will face the direction they are aiming. So you can sometimes guess which direction its going to be shot by seeing if the shooter's head tilts left or right. (This is probably nonsense but I wanna believe it's true :P)

• Advertisement

That was me at the start, i then went into the skill games and practiced the bollocks out of it and have hardly ever lost a peno shootout since.

Lord TSC wrote:
    2. I'm not sure how true or not this is. Might just be one of those mental things. But I THINK if someone is holding the stick to aim left or right too quickly, then the shooting player will face the direction they are aiming. So you can sometimes guess which direction its going to be shot by seeing if the shooter's head tilts left or right. (This is probably nonsense but I wanna believe it's true )

It's not nonsense. You can see which way they look. But most people use this to double bluff and either go the opposite or down the middle.
    Maybe in the lower divisions it's not as widely known so might work better.

We actually just use jumpers for goalposts in the lower leagues and call “next goal wins” no matter what the score ;)

Us simple minded fools!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Redzer7 wrote: »

Yeah but he doesn't slide into a BPL team as easily... Its not a particularly expensive SBC either

Prime Desailly looks like some card tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Did the Mendy, probably overpaid but feck it, just used what was in my club.

Goes straight into my first team as I needed either a Brazilian or a prem LB

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Carniball SBC tomorrow is gonna be Belgium, and I think there’s gonna be a flashback Belgian too (Kompany, Benteke etc.). Might be worth picking up a few Vermaelen/Witsel for the daily SBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

RossieMan wrote: »
    It's not nonsense. You can see which way they look. But most people use this to double bluff and either go the opposite or down the middle.
    Maybe in the lower divisions it's not as widely known so might work better.

They are talking about FUT Champions to be fair so they would be meeting players from all divisions in theory.

It's very obvious once you know what to look for, and makes Pogba a real pain to take pens with. The main trick to learn with it, is how late you can switch direction. It needs changing like so many other things.

In a game I usually try to place to just a bit off center to the right with a small amount of power because I find that keepers will push it back out slightly to the side giving you a second chance to score if they save it and at worse you end up with a corner if they save again. Even when people guess the correct way they dive too far and you'll probably score.

Wonder if Socrates counts as a striker or midfielder? Probably mid? So we're probably getting a new striker Icon SBC tonight?

14-10, 4 wins in a row leaves a better shine to it, was expecting to have to play more but leaving it there with me big hungover head on me

If keane is getting a prime moments it’ll probably be next weekend for paddy’s day.

• Advertisement

12-14.

And it's fully a mental thing now. Just hate the deluge of skillerz I'm playing. Right back to facing player after player who abuses the style I detest playing against.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement