Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Perhaps you need to change your team to counter playing these types of players. Having a negative wins to loss should mean you're playing people on the lower end of the skill spectrum. If you can't beat them straight up you need to adjust your team to counter what they're doing. You've been having the same trouble winning games since the beginning but you won't change anything as you don't want to play that way. It's a vicious circle if you won't make the changes necessary and you'll continue to struggle to get gold 2, even.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Lord TSC wrote: »
    12-14.

And it's fully a mental thing now. Just hate the deluge of skillerz I'm playing. Right back to facing player after player who abuses the style I detest playing against.

Just write it off as a bad week! You’ve had some good finishes recently and got to 17 a couple of times.
    A few months back you were happy to get to 11 and now you’re at a stage where you’re constantly getting 14 and disappointed if you don’t so just shows you have made a lot of progress

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ah, I grinded out the two final wins and got to 14-14.

I certainly have got spoilt expecting more than that, haven't I :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Anyone that followed my Vermaelan advice, you’ve just doubled your coins in 12 hours :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Anyone used the 90 Henry? How does he compare to OTW Felipe Anderson?

• Advertisement

Following on from the Belgians, I think Italy are up tomorrow. Giovinco, Grifo, Eder and Pelle might be worth taking a look at.... pretty much anyone 77+ not from Serie A would be a decent shout.

Following on from the Belgians, I think Italy are up tomorrow. Giovinco, Grifo, Eder and Pelle might be worth taking a look at.... pretty much anyone 77+ not from Serie A would be a decent shout.

Good shout, the wide positions usually do well as less available lm/rm lb/rb

All depends on format too, for the Belgian part of the kompany sbc and the other one for carniball players they had no left or rid mid in formation for Belgium players so It’s screwed my thorgan hazard and Carrasco investments. Still made.7 a card but would’ve been so much better

But yeah the daily one has great potential for earning

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Anyone used the 90 Henry? How does he compare to OTW Felipe Anderson?

I read on Twitter that Henry will be the marquee icon sbc this week,
    Even if you can’t get that, you should see a drop to his prime icon

Hogey007 wrote: »

Good shout, the wide positions usually do well as less available lm/rm lb/rb

All depends on format too, for the Belgian part of the kompany sbc and the other one for carniball players they had no left or rid mid in formation for Belgium players so It’s screwed my thorgan hazard and Carrasco investments. Still made.7 a card but would’ve been so much better

But yeah the daily one has great potential for earning

Yup, quite a lot of the Belgians shot up to about 3k at one stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Packed Messi over the weekend. Surprised at his price, given he's 94 rated. Still have the SBC untradeables for Kroos, scream Koke & Aspas - so might cobble together a team and give him a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

What are people's thoughts on flashback kompany would he be an upgrade on flashback luiz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

seamie78 wrote: »
    What are people's thoughts on flashback kompany would he be an upgrade on flashback luiz

Or which would people prefer, him or the new Mendy?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Looking at futbin im thinking im best to stick with luiz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Company will be destroyed for pace with all these quick strikers and tots still to come.

Personally I wouldn’t do kompany either, even with shadow he’s still not very quick.

Def wouldn’t be looking at him as a replacement for luiz fb.

Kompany looks a much better CB than Luiz is though. Luiz is a complete liability as a CB and his positioning is so bad he needs the extra speed.
    Not used kompany, but will probably get him as a replacement for Varane as he soft links Courtois.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Any thoughts on the Mendy SBC?

RossieMan wrote: »
    Kompany looks a much better CB than Luiz is though. Luiz is a complete liability as a CB and his positioning is so bad he needs the extra speed.
    Not used kompany, but will probably get him as a replacement for Varane as he soft links Courtois.

If you think luiz’s 61 positioning is bad good luck with your kompany and his 47 positioning!

Any thoughts on the Mendy SBC?

I did it as I’ve never really took to Alonso and while I agree, the future stars mendy is better value, I needed a prem left back as I already use a non prem right back (otw cancelo) so needed the prem link for vvd.

I also liked mendys ucl card in the early months of fifa.
    Haven’t got to use the new one but seems decent enough value if you have a few untradeables and need the prem link

Did I miss something obvious? Cos I’d like to think my fifa etiquette is good. (Currently for the silver challenge, if I’m playing a Brazil or German team and they sub on a French player and go 2 up but no French scorer, I just kick it back to my keeper and stand on line so they can slide it in with their French player before I quit)

So I was playing a game against a silver German team, right from kick off he pings it back to keeper and scores o.g.
    I thought he was just going to quit then but he carried on playing.
    I won 3-2 but I was baffled as to why he did that when he intended to play? He didn’t sub on any French players so it’s not like I was to give him a goal back by letting his French player score.
    And these challenges are all to win, it’s not like if we both score it’s ok so not sure what the o.g was for or what I was meant to do in return.

Am I missing something blaringly obvious?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Did I miss something obvious? Cos I’d like to think my fifa etiquette is good. (Currently for the silver challenge, if I’m playing a Brazil or German team and they sub on a French player and go 2 up but no French scorer, I just kick it back to my keeper and stand on line so they can slide it in with their French player before I quit)

So I was playing a game against a silver German team, right from kick off he pings it back to keeper and scores o.g.
    I thought he was just going to quit then but he carried on playing.
    I won 3-2 but I was baffled as to why he did that when he intended to play? He didn’t sub on any French players so it’s not like I was to give him a goal back by letting his French player score.
    And these challenges are all to win, it’s not like if we both score it’s ok so not sure what the o.g was for or what I was meant to do in return.

Am I missing something blaringly obvious?
    I reckon he was just giving you the win. What team were you rocking?

Blazer wrote: »
    I reckon he was just giving you the win. What team were you rocking?

Silver Brazil. I thought he was giving me the win too but after the initial o.g he really went for it, got it back to 2-2 and I went ahead in extra time. He was still really trying though and was very unfortunate to lose.
    It was like he was pi**ed off that I didn’t return the goal but I just couldn’t see any reason to? It’s the same as being 0-0 if we’re both 1-1.

If you think luiz’s 61 positioning is bad good luck with your kompany and his 47 positioning!

thats attack positioning. :rolleyes:

thats attack positioning. :rolleyes:

You don’t say :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johny Cage

Trying to find silver Brazilians on the transfer market is some Craic. Even the worst ones are going for 4K plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Silver Brazil. I thought he was giving me the win too but after the initial o.g he really went for it, got it back to 2-2 and I went ahead in extra time. He was still really trying though and was very unfortunate to lose.
    It was like he was pi**ed off that I didn’t return the goal but I just couldn’t see any reason to? It’s the same as being 0-0 if we’re both 1-1.

That ones a puzzler in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Guffy

Johny Cage wrote: »
    Trying to find silver Brazilians on the transfer market is some Craic. Even the worst ones are going for 4K plus.

Just buy them do task and sell again. Worst case you lose 5%

Hogey007 wrote:

? Was this meant to be a joke then?

Either way, I'm not sure it's worth putting 300k into an untradable that'll probably be irrelevant in a couple of weeks.

Kind of an obvious one but buy now as prices will start to rise closer to Friday but make sure you can field 11 Irish players.
    Likely to be something in the weekly objectives Friday.
    Last year it was just that you needed x amount of goals with Irish players.
    They could stick to that or they could follow the trend of late and require a 11 Irish players.

Or it might just be an Irish related sbc, eitherway, at current prices it’s risk free.

• Advertisement

? Was this meant to be a joke then?

Either way, I'm not sure it's worth putting 300k into an untradable that'll probably be irrelevant in a couple of weeks.

Yeah, just said that tongue in cheek in response to your comment about luiz being caught out of position.

Thought it would be obvious it was a joke but I guess it got lost in translation as jokes in text format often do.

And yeah I’d agree that at this stage of fifa kompanys not worth it. Even 2 months ago he would’ve been but as you say, tots just around the corner now and the lower end prem cbs will be around that price.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement