Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Lord TSC wrote: »
    CB Ibrahimovic in objectives.

Win 11 online single matches with MLS players; no Flashback, no Icons.

Nice, finally makes my sbc Rooney worthwhile as he can play, allesandrini sbc and Martinez poty too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

27 sales that cycle :O

11 Smallings, 6 Herreras.....I thought their prices had shot up. Nope. Just lazy buyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johny Cage

Just got transfer banned for trying to buy MLS players for Zlatan SBC. Complete nonsense. How long do these bans usually last?

Johny Cage wrote: »
    Just got transfer banned for trying to buy MLS players for Zlatan SBC. Complete nonsense. How long do these bans usually last?

Varies, sometimes if you reboot console and play a game you’re ok again.
    I’ve had other times where it lasted overnight

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Johny Cage wrote: »

There can be a bug where you just need to remove an expired player on your bid pile and it will let you bid again.

I'm so tempted to do Stevie G... doesn't seem a ludicrous price either given the market atm. Tho with his 91 so cheap atm maybe i'll just buy that. For people with more Icon experience do you think he'll drop much more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Pyjamarama wrote:
    I'm so tempted to do Stevie G... doesn't seem a ludicrous price either given the market atm. Tho with his 91 so cheap atm maybe i'll just buy that. For people with more Icon experience do you think he'll drop much more?

If you'll play the game for the next 5 weeks he's worth it. Otherwise wait for TOTS and you'll do him for 8-900k easily with the players released. He won't be with it then, unless you liked him as a player. his card looks very underwhelming. You don't see anyone using him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

600k later and Gerrard is in my club! My goal since the start of FIFA... Glad to finally get him.

RossieMan wrote: »
    If you'll play the game for the next 5 weeks he's worth it. Otherwise wait for TOTS and you'll do him for 8-900k easily with the players released. He won't be with it then, unless you liked him as a player. his card looks very underwhelming. You don't see anyone using him.

I think at this stage thats the only point of the game... even someone like me who's pretty positive about the game can't argue that the game itself has a bunch of issues and the rewards for weekend league aren't really worth it so now the game is really just about building fun cool squads. At least for me it is. And thats why I love these promos (and the Future Stars ones). It lets you put together competitive teams with a bit of coolness, or originality in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

With the Zlatan objective, can you sub on players who aren't MLS players or does the entire squad have to be MLS players? Played against a guy who came from behind to beat me when he brought on 3 non MLS players, not sure if he did this out of spite or if this still counts as a win for him?

Pyjamarama wrote:
    I think at this stage thats the only point of the game... even someone like me who's pretty positive about the game can't argue that the game itself has a bunch of issues and the rewards for weekend league aren't really worth it so now the game is really just about building fun cool squads. At least for me it is. And thats why I love these promos (and the Future Stars ones). It lets you put together competitive teams with a bit of coolness, or originality in them.

Yea I agree with that.
    Wish I had the willpower to make coins like some of you guys so I could switch my team around. The problem I have if the people I'm playing. You either play the META to win games, or you'll lose doing anything else.
    It's a loss loss situation really as they is literally no enjoyment in winning games once you get near good rewards.

• Advertisement

With the Zlatan objective, can you sub on players who aren't MLS players or does the entire squad have to be MLS players? Played against a guy who came from behind to beat me when he brought on 3 non MLS players, not sure if he did this out of spite or if this still counts as a win for him?

You can bring on 3 non mls players provided they’re not icons, flashbacks and aren’t from prem, bundesliga, ligue 1, serie A or La Liga.

I subbed in headliner Lozano, motm de ligt and carniball talisca on mine and got the win

Yea I agree with that.
    Wish I had the willpower to make coins like some of you guys so I could switch my team around. The problem I have if the people I'm playing. You either play the META to win games, or you'll lose doing anything else.
    It's a loss loss situation really as they is literally no enjoyment in winning games once you get near good rewards.

Its self correcting tho. Like say you drop from D1 or D2 down to D4 or 5. It doesn't take much time for that to happen and then you'll have more fun. I've dropped from 1 to 4 recently and am having waaay more fun. Its rare a you find a team playing with all out defence and tbh a lot of players are actually decent they just don't know/use the meta. Once i made D1 i'd done what I needed to do so its time to have fun and bang in 30 yarders with Stevie G!

Gutted i didn't grab FFS Trent this morning. He was down to 420. Back up to 520 now.

Anyone tried Messi this year? His regular gold card down to 540k, really tempting.

Messi is great. I've found him better than basic Ronnie this year. Not sure he's better than Neymar tho.

pb0uiK9.jpg

Put this team together this evening. De jong and Diego will switch in game. It prob won't work out well given that its lacking a true defensive mid but maybe with both mids set to stay back while attacking they'll offer enough cover.

I was down to my last 100 or so 83’s, 84’s and all set to open my 63 packs tomorrow.......but then 83’s dropped to 750/800 again and I couldn’t resist.
    Doubled down on a totw sbc coming and bought another 250 or so. Ea said in their info guide for fut birthday that there would be upgrade sbc’s so we should get the usual 2 81+ upgrade sbc tomorrow, hoping the “best of totw” sbc lands as it did last year for fut birthday.

If it does, I should make 200-250k, if it doesn’t I’ll clear them off at a loss of 25k or so, def worth the risk.
    Ziyech 84 rated can be got at 1.8k

Zlatan objective complete, enjoyed using my mls team. I already have fb zlatan but I knew with the special cards I had this would be the easiest of the challenges and of course I’ll try him out tucked in between icons Maldini lb and nesta cb.

Only had to play one game to end, most quit when they went 1, or else 2 down

I’ll do Naldo next but probably won’t be til Sunday/Monday as have wl to finish

Prime Gerrard at CAM is a dream to play with, thankfully. Scoring goals for fun atm with FB Ibra and FB Sturridge up top.... don’t know if I’ll get another icon or if I’ll get Messi/Pogba/Mbappe etc. I have about 700k-1m to play with, if I sell up a few cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

You are dedicated Hogey :)

Opened untradeable gift pack. Modric, Fernandinho and some if. Not too bad.

Opened tradeable sbc pack. Savic again :(

Ibra CB is kind of sick card. Never seen that coming.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I was down to my last 100 or so 83’s, 84’s and all set to open my 63 packs tomorrow.......but then 83’s dropped to 750/800 again and I couldn’t resist.
    Doubled down on a totw sbc coming and bought another 250 or so. Ea said in their info guide for fut birthday that there would be upgrade sbc’s so we should get the usual 2 81+ upgrade sbc tomorrow, hoping the “best of totw” sbc lands as it did last year for fut birthday.

If it does, I should make 200-250k, if it doesn’t I’ll clear them off at a loss of 25k or so, def worth the risk.
    Ziyech 84 rated can be got at 1.8k

Couldn’t resist starting to fill my transfer targets pile up after this. Not so much with 84s but 83s being at discard is crazy, so have started to Hoover up as many as I can that have good nations and leagues.
    Prime Gerrard at CAM is a dream to play with, thankfully. Scoring goals for fun atm with FB Ibra and FB Sturridge up top.... don’t know if I’ll get another icon or if I’ll get Messi/Pogba/Mbappe etc. I have about 700k-1m to play with, if I sell up a few cards.

Oh don’t tempt me with Gerard.id started saving for a Ronaldo card, but reading reviews and seeing his stats are tempting me to start making him my next target.

With Mata serving as a really good Zola replacement, I could put Zola in. Be sad to see him go after 400 games but he’s starting to lose his space more regularly now.

Any cards that seem a good investment or is it any 83/84s you're picking up?

I tend to look from perfect links, but find it I've had zero luck so far with this method. Picked up a few tag/hradecky there as theyve been a lot higher this year.

• Advertisement

Any cards that seem a good investment or is it any 83/84s you're picking up?

I tend to look from perfect links, but find it I've had zero luck so far with this method. Picked up a few tag/hradecky there as theyve been a lot higher this year.

There’s 2 things that will work for 83’s

1. Just get the cheapest 83’s you can, preferably outfield, Giuliano has the Brazilian link and can be got for about 800/850, thorgan hazard similar price and decent league, or carrasco as very few 83 lm. If a totw sbc comes at 6 these should all rise close to 2k.
    The last time I tried this for carniball the totw sbc never came but I wasn’t in a rush to “discard” then so cleared them all over the next week by listing at 1700 and sold 4 or 5 per cycle.

2. Pick a card that is close to discard but also had potential to rise with a player sbc if there is no totw sbc.
    I really like de ligt here, at 1k he has an ok nation to link to other sbc fodder (strootman, De Vrij, dost) so if the right player sbc came along he’d get a nice rise) last week with the de Rossi sbc 83 acerbi rose from 1k to 3.5 before settling around 2.5.
    It’s very possible we get a flashback robben which might have Dutch requirements, de ligt shoots up in this case.
    I bought about 60 of him yesterday between 850-1100.

Edit; He’s gone back up to 1.3, 1.4 now but will be back down to 900/1000 during lightning rounds later if he’s not required in sbc’s.

For me, right now, I'm grabbing some Aduriz, Adan, Mandana, Pickford, Giuliano, Morata....basically any 83 that has an easy country to link, in a league likely to be linked, that I can win on bids for 900 coins. At 900 coins, you'll always flip them back for 900-1000 coins, or quick sell them for a small loss. Practically risk free.

And goes without saying, but if you do buy them, start listing them at inflated prices asap. Even if it's relisting them continually at 2000 coins, you'll nab a few sales each cycle.

This week has been savage for player flipping. Had 350k when Mata dropped, got him and I'm up to 550k currently in the bank. Last night's SBCs helped, but just relisting over and over has been doing me well.

Alisson has been really good, actually. Grabbing one at a time for 13,000 (making sure it's 7 chem, 99 fitness) and selling three or four a day at 19,750 coins.

For anyone that didn’t get hazard earlier in the game, get del piero moments, he’s unreal! If I could find a way to fit him and hazard potm in myself I’d get him.

Get his loan anyway for the sake of 10k and try him out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

You all ain't seen nothing unless you tried 94 cruyff he is a bloody beast easily best attacking midfielder I've ever used. On 17 wins in 22 games now I'll push for 20 of 8 have time later but gonna sell up again as I won't be around for few weeks but cruyff will definitely be bought back.

Anyone used the Kondogbia UEL Live card? Does his workrates kill him as a pure CDM?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

jayo26 wrote: »
    You all ain't seen nothing unless you tried 94 cruyff he is a bloody beast easily best attacking midfielder I've ever used. On 17 wins in 22 games now I'll push for 20 of 8 have time later but gonna sell up again as I won't be around for few weeks but cruyff will definitely be bought back.

Got him in the draft a few weeks back. Unless you meet another Cruyff you've almost certainly won the draft with him.

Unbelievable card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Got him in the draft a few weeks back. Unless you meet another Cruyff you've almost certainly won the draft with him.

Unbelievable card.

Yeah he is so much fun to use my favourite this year. Is prime icon must be insane lol.

Oh, I’m lovin’ Mata this morning. Four games, four rage quits and it’s nearly all Mata pulling the strings in a 4-4-1-1. He is tiny but he’s so quick and his passing his so amazing, and he’s making great little runs. I’m so happy to have a Mata card that matches my love for his real life version :D

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Pyjamarama wrote:
    Anyone used the Kondogbia UEL Live card? Does his workrates kill him as a pure CDM?

I have him a while now. Play 4-1-2-1-2 with him in the cdm position. Absolute beast for me. Especially since his last upgrade. He does like to wander forward a bit and so set him to stay back and that helps. His left boot is lethal. His weak foot is just for standing on tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

jayo26 wrote: »
    Yeah he is so much fun to use my favourite this year. Is prime icon must be insane lol.

Oh yeah it was the prime moments one. I think he scored like 10-12 goals over the 4 games for me and I wasn't particularly trying to force things through him but he's just so good it happens.

I'd say he could nearly carry an average player to elite.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement