Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

blaa85 wrote: »
    I'm hoping to go back to him later, he's unreal. But the rest of my squad was lacking and I'm gearing up for the WL as I was away for the first one.

Ive never had a icon, this year i said im getting one so im just sticking to my Irish team/MLS/french inform team
    No wasting money on random 100k players.....unless its a french inform :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

irishman86 wrote: »
    Ive never had a icon, this year i said im getting one so im just sticking to my Irish team/MLS/french inform team
    No wasting money on random 100k players.....unless its a french inform :pac:

Waste it on icon Petit then. He was excellent last year for me.

Had 3 icons at some point last year. This year close to million already and haven't even thought who to buy for it :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

wonski wrote: »
    Waste it on icon Petit then. He was excellent last year for me.

Had 3 icons at some point last year. This year close to million already and haven't even thought who to buy for it :)

I was thinking of him for my LB dilemma alright, although maybe a passable midfield partner for Pogba in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

High rated players rising a lot now. Usually happens the second week of October.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

There's talks of a La Liga POTM now, as well as German and BPL ones.

I've started filling my trade pile with IFs now. Aiming for that massive pay day :)

• Advertisement

Redzer7 wrote: »
    High rated players rising a lot now. Usually happens the second week of October.

I checked Degea and he barely moved, would that be high rated in forms like Hazard or the likes?

I think last year the movement was much more obvious last year and don't think we can compare it to what we have now.

If I was to be honest many of the cards I own dropped in price and 84-85 cards are still going for peanuts until proper sbc is thrown into the mix.

I might just build a team now and forget about planning. Halloween is the next big event I can see, but not sure I can wait that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

wonski wrote: »
    I checked Degea and he barely moved, would that be high rated in forms like Hazard or the likes?

I think last year the movement was much more obvious last year and don't think we can compare it to what we have now.

If I was to be honest many of the cards I own dropped in price and 84-85 cards are still going for peanuts until proper sbc is thrown into the mix.

I might just build a team now and forget about planning. Halloween is the next big event I can see, but not sure I can wait that long.

Kante, De Bruyne, Aubameyang, Walker, De Gea, Henry, Van Djk have all risen, some quite a bit too, these are the only ones I've checked as they're mine :pac: all have risen nearly overnight too.

De Gea is up 15k from what I bought him at but he's only risen slowly over the last week or so.

Bought Kante at 298 he's up to 342.
    De Bruyne at 315 up to 370
    Henry at 730 up to 818
    Aubameyang at 260 up to 295

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Kante, De Bruyne, Aubameyang, Walker, De Gea, Henry, Van Djk have all risen, some quite a bit too, these are the only ones I've checked as they're mine :pac: all have risen nearly overnight too.

De Gea is up 15k from what I bought him at but he's only risen slowly over the last week or so.

Bought Kante at 298 he's up to 342.
    De Bruyne at 315 up to 370
    Henry at 730 up to 818
    Aubameyang at 260 up to 295

I guess you were bidding on them or hit the sweet spot at some points?

I am on the watch on some of the top players and it looked like +-10-15k most of the time.

Just a usual change.

Not disagreeing with you or anything, just couldn't see that much of a movement on prices.

You are out of my league though so maybe you know better :)

Another FUT swap item sbc. Simple enough to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Apparently 40% of the votes are public for the bundesliga potm so pretty much it will be Reus.
    I’m buying Riberys like there’s no tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It was almost confirmed to be duda for bundeliga. I'd be wary.

RossieMan wrote: »
    It was almost confirmed to be duda for bundeliga. I'd be wary.

Well Ribery is a 85 rated card and I picked up about 20 of them for about 6-7k and added a few more at 9k or so.
    I can afford to sit on him for a while as he'll be an in-demand card for higher rated SBCs with the french linkup.

Also I finally finished the weekly challenge for the otw card..It cost me quite a few games to get it as I run a BPL team and I actually thought it was one of the futswap cards so you can imagine my disgust when I copped it was an otw card. Stupid me for not looking properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Sold more blues today so decided to buy up some players for the next week or so and see what happens with there value.

I have:

4x kepas
    3x moratas
    4x ribery
    4x IF Andre Silva

Hoping to cash in on potm sbcs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Bought a lot of investments, a few discard totw players, Acosta 80 rated going for discard (10k)
    Plays in mls but is Argentinian so easy enough link.

Bought loads of 83’s for between 1.4 and 2k,
    Giuliano, balotelli, banega, aduriz and a few others.

Bought loads of gold Argentinian and Brazil players for 500 coins, they play each other this international break so surely that’ll come up in marquee matchups.

Finally, a tip for anyone new to trading, you can get an extra 45 or so spaces for players by bidding on players and leaving any duplicates in your transfer targets after you win them.
    You can add up to 50 but need to keep 5/10 spaces free so you can bid on other players.

I added 40 or so extra 83 rated players by firing them in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Playing division rivals for the rewards, not doing WL this year.

I don't think I even could if I wanted to. I got placed in division 5 and get 65 points per win. You need about 30 wins for the 2000 points to qualify for a WL. They replaced a weekend grind with a week long grind. Is that right?

Seems to be that way I have the game from release and I only have like 900 points!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

J. Marston wrote: »

I don't think I even could if I wanted to. I got placed in division 5 and get 65 points per win. You need about 30 wins for the 2000 points to qualify for a WL. They replaced a weekend grind with a week long grind. Is that right?

Its actually pretty handy to quality for anyone that player the game regular at all. If you don't play it enough to earn 2k points in 2 weeks then you won't have any amount if time to play ultimate team over the weekend anyway.

If you get rank one in rivals your already more then halfway to getting 2k weekend league points surely by playing the game alone then you get another 100 or so from rivals rewards.

J. Marston wrote: »

After you qualify once it becomes much easier as the weekend league itself gives you points towards the next one, 0-1 wins gets you 250 points, 2-5 wins gets you 500 points, 6-10 wins gets you 1000 points and then 11 or more and you get the full 2000 points for requalification.

So they’ve done it very well in my opinion, 6 wins in weekend league and you’ve half the points needed for next one.

I had 4000 points after the first week. Its very easy to get them. And easier still when you qualify once.

According to the graph on this tweet Messi is most likely to win La Liga potm

https://twitter.com/futbassy/status/1049779639302979586?s=21

Now while I wouldn’t have a hope of being able to complete a Messi sbc this early in fifa it does give opportunity to earn coins, the Acosta inform is still going for slightly above discard (10,250 on bid)

Have 5 of these now as Argentinian informs will surely rise in the hype?
    If not, discard investing is risk free anyway.

• Advertisement

How long does it take them to bring the patch over?
    The side footer shots are getting tedious now... Chances are too hard got to see wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

What's the trick to score corners? Concede 1 or 2 per game but I can never score from them. Doesn't seem to matter if they lob it in near post or in the middle Rudiger, Bailly, Matic, etc just watch their players jump to head it in.

v3ttel wrote: »
    What's the trick to score corners? Concede 1 or 2 per game but I can never score from them. Doesn't seem to matter if they lob it in near post or in the middle Rudiger, Bailly, Matic, etc just watch their players jump to head it in.

I always just hit Giroud at the front post and he usually wins it and scores every so often.

I'm sure there's a better way but this is the best I've found so far

Your corner taker needs good curve. Ain for the penalty spot or just infront. Curl it in on almost full power. Watch insigne bury it with a header.

Game is so broken from set pieces.

Hogey007 wrote:
    Have 5 of these now as Argentinian informs will surely rise in the hype? If not, discard investing is risk free anyway.

His low rating limits how high he'll go. Even for a messi if its 87 or 88 rated squads, an 80 IF brings up his much you need to spend on others. You'll probably make 5-6k per card. More if you hold them long term.

84-85 cards much more desirable.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    According to the graph on this tweet Messi is most likely to win La Liga potm

https://twitter.com/futbassy/status/1049779639302979586?s=21

Now while I wouldn’t have a hope of being able to complete a Messi sbc this early in fifa it does give opportunity to earn coins, the Acosta inform is still going for slightly above discard (10,250 on bid)

Have 5 of these now as Argentinian informs will surely rise in the hype?
    If not, discard investing is risk free anyway.

100% grabbing a half dozen.

If an IF is needed, he'll pop up to 20-22k in the first hour or two of the SBC easily. Sell on hype and you'll double coins easily enough. There's going to be a scramble on IFs over the next little while.

RossieMan wrote: »
    His low rating limits how high he'll go. Even for a messi if its 87 or 88 rated squads, an 80 IF brings up his much you need to spend on others. You'll probably make 5-6k per card. More if you hold them long term.

84-85 cards much more desirable.

Oh I’d be happy to make 6k per card. Have 6 now so would be an easy 30/35k

The Mexican league dropped overnight too.
    With lobos they only have 1 RM, he’s a bronze and selling for 200 coins still. I bought 10 of him just now. When people start doing the sbc and using futbin they can be very lazy so hoping his price rises up around 1000.

Lainez is his name.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    100% grabbing a half dozen.

If an IF is needed, he'll pop up to 20-22k in the first hour or two of the SBC easily. Sell on hype and you'll double coins easily enough. There's going to be a scramble on IFs over the next little while.

Rodrigo de paul is another good investment, currently 11k 81 rated Argentinian totw but plays in serie A so easier to link.
    From what I can see, there’s only 3 Argentinian totw players, might be more today so getting a few at close to discard is a relatively risk free investment (higuain will be in it today, but obviously way too high rated)

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Rodrigo de paul is another good investment, currently 11k 81 rated Argentinian totw but plays in serie A so easier to link.
    From what I can see, there’s only 3 Argentinian totw players, might be more today so getting a few at close to discard is a relatively risk free investment (higuain will be in it today, but obviously way too high rated)

The lack of Argentinian IFs would actually make me worry they won't force one in.

I've got a half dozen Pablo Fornals as well; 84 rated, La Liga. He's at 17,500 but as a higher rated IF of Messi's league, he should easily double.

I've got about 70 IFs now in my trade pile. Every year, I say I won't get dragged into IF trading, and every year, that call of a massive payday is too tempting.

• Advertisement

I bought about 20 of Benaga's base card. Even if not required he's an 83 so will go up for some SBCs at some point in time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement