Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

nice one..didn't realise his loan card was so cheap. And 20 games is nice.
    So I've about 650k to spend on another icon.
    I've dismissed Keane as Matic is the same really so looking at Veron, Scholes, LB Petit or Zanetti and Lineker.
    I'm kinda leaning towards Petit as I find Rose crap and Petit can be switched in game to the CM role anyway. Any other suggestions?
    I do like the thoughts of having both Shearer and Lineker up front but I already have Lacazette who is doing the job.
    Aurier I wouldn't mind replacing..Walker is the standout RB by far for the premier league.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Blazer wrote: »
    nice one..didn't realise his loan card was so cheap. And 20 games is nice.
    So I've about 650k to spend on another icon.
    I've dismissed Keane as Matic is the same really so looking at Veron, Scholes, LB Petit or Zanetti and Lineker.
    I'm kinda leaning towards Petit as I find Rose crap and Petit can be switched in game to the CM role anyway. Any other suggestions?
    I do like the thoughts of having both Shearer and Lineker up front but I already have Lacazette who is doing the job.
    Aurier I wouldn't mind replacing..Walker is the standout RB by far for the premier league.

What about 88 rated Maldini as left back? I only used his prime last year which was insane but his baby icon looks impressive too, at around 500k I’d splash the extra 100k over petit.

But yeah, you do have the versatility to switch petit to midfield so pro’s and cons.
    When I spend big (haven’t really yet on fifa 19) I just ask myself, am I happy to have this player for next few months and he won’t need replacing? If answer is yes, then work away.

yeah baby Maldini is 750k on pc nearly double Petit.

Blazer wrote: »
    yeah baby Maldini is 750k on pc nearly double Petit.

Ah sorry, I was going on ps4 prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Thats me done with this weekend league nonsense, battering teams and still losing, tactics mean nothing, gameplay ability means nothing, rivals at least is a little more fairer, even had 1 guy msg me, asking me did i spend money on my team, when i said no, he says maybe i should, i'd win more games, my team was better then his except he had salah and pogba in his team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

If you touch your centre backs while defending you'll lose. That's the problem this year, AI defending is so overpowered.

RossieMan wrote: »
    If you touch your centre backs while defending you'll lose. That's the problem this year, AI defending is so overpowered.

Defending isnt the problem, i could give away roughly 5 shots on target a game, problem is i concede 4, where as i need 7 or 8 shots to get 1, keeper saves the ones on target, the rest blocked.

Back to rivals, just played 3 games, 3 wins, 15 scored, 4 conceded, but more importantly Fabinho stayed as a CDM, never onced joined the attack.

Are you timing your finishes? Makes a massive difference.

That Hazard card is unreal.

He makes Martial and Sterling and pretty much any other look like Titus Bramble.
    Once he drops in price a bit I'll be buying his base card and fecking off Martial

Are you timing your finishes? Makes a massive difference.

Yep, keeper saves everything, especially pickford, seems to be this versions butland, unbeatable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Sometimes I score wonder goals and sometimes I miss header from two yards out with IF Andre Silva and Diego Costa.

I'll never under stand the finishing in this game I fear!

What I did notice though was as I was playing rivals last night everyone was ultra defensive, time wasting and passing the ball about the back into corners etc.

Got me thinking that if your playing rivals in the weekend is it possible to get matched with a player who is playing WL?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Blazer' let me know how u get on with Petit if you get him. Any time I sit down to build a dream team, left back looks a bombsite and I default to him, somwould be curious to know how he does.

That hazard card should be about 500k next weekend when the prices crash. Should be a letter to pick him up fairly handy I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Had Godin and Kroos and they were starters in my team but I sold Godin for a 30k profit and Kroos for a 25k profit.

Bought Saul to replace Kroos and have a champions league nacho Fernández to replace Godin.

Couldn't say no to that profit.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    What a difference a week makes in weekend league, last week the majority of my matches were against teams with a similar rating to mine.
    This week all at least 3 overall higher rating, I guess while I pumped my money into informs etc, others improved their team.

I’m 1:6!! Very unenjoyable. The hazard 20 match loan is so cheap though that I’ve completed that now and will go back at it fresh tomorrow.

I had all the players needed for hazard sbc but only costs 5k anyway so for anyone playing in weekend league it’s def worth doing or even just get him for rivals matches. A 93 rated prem player for 20 matches at 5k is a steal.

Won 3 out of 4 since I got the hazard loan card, not saying it’ll continue like that but nice to get some wins and to just have a player who actually does what you want him to do :D

Def worth doing the loan sbc for him, as I said, only about 5/6k for the 20 games

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Tempted to sell Henry and do the Hazard SBC.

Think I'll do the loan SBC first actually and see what he's like that's a good shout.

That hazard card should be about 500k next weekend when the prices crash. Should be a letter to pick him up fairly handy I'd say.

You could be right but I wouldn’t be sure on that.

The cheaper 87’s, 88’s & even 89’s (David Silva) that were all being used yesterday can’t be got on the market now (ps4) unless you’re able to snipe at max price.

Iniesta, pique and busquets all had their max prices raised last night and still aren’t available so likely to get another rise.

This as you say, should ease off in next few days but if an icon sbc drops, all those 87, 88 rated players are staying exactly where they are price wise

Even if an icon sbc doesn’t drop, it’s almost 800k on ps4 for hazard now, hard to see it dropping under the 600 it started at yesterday.

I've not checked but how does the POTM Hazard compare to his If, which was 600k yesterday?

For the price involved, I think I'd rather the tradable for the sake of a +1 or +2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

5-1 after my first six but got lucky in that I won 2 games on penalties and another in extra time that only got to extra time because I scored a 91st minute kick off goal equaliser.

I fully expect to repeat last week where I started well and then lost 6 in a row. Payet's IF is really good so far. A goal and an assist per game at least in the last few.

Went from 7-7 to 8-12

Might settle there tbh. Got same as last week with a fraction of the hassle. Can't see me getting 5 in 10 to get up to gold. So happy with the return :)

• Advertisement

Next game was 1-1 until the 90th minute when his doubly marked Lukaku heads a corner into my keepers chest who somehow flaps it into the top corner :mad:

They really need to patch corners. It feels like I could have Van Dijk marking Kante and it'd still be 50/50 as to who would win it.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Went from 7-7 to 8-12

Might settle there tbh. Got same as last week with a fraction of the hassle. Can't see me getting 5 in 10 to get up to gold. So happy with the return :)

Try for 11 if you get time, your player pick isn’t maxed at 84 (although mine still was no higher than 84)
    You also get enough points to automatically re enter next time you want

I'm 8-14

1st WL in 2 years iv played.

Jaysus front post corners, I cannot defend them no matter who I put there and at the same time I cannot score them

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Has anyone used 352 is it anygood. trying to fit potm Lucas into a team but the premier league strikers are very expensive and i'm not liking 433

Just saw that Kondogbia switched his national eligibility to the central African Republic from France. I'm assuming his card won't change and they'll just release a new one ?

Will they wait until January or act sooner because he could be a good investment if his french version goes out of packs is what I'm thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Just saw that Kondogbia switched his national eligibility to the central African Republic from France. I'm assuming his card won't change and they'll just release a new one ?

Will they wait until January or act sooner because he could be a good investment if his french version goes out of packs is what I'm thinking.

As far as I know they waiting until January last year for stuff like that.

Have one myself but using him in my team if he price sky rockets I'll sell him.

Only thing that concerns me is he's only 82 rated so should be getting packed regularly. That being said his price seems high already for an 82

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

After rather disappointing 3-10 record yesterday, just logged on and won 2 in a row.

Something to play for now.

Gonna lose 5 in a row now :) Or more.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I've not checked but how does the POTM Hazard compare to his If, which was 600k yesterday?

For the price involved, I think I'd rather the tradable for the sake of a +1 or +2.

I get what you mean, it’s nice to have the option to sell later on in the game but you also have to factor in the packs you get from the hazard sbc along with the additional rating.

You get a jumbo rare players pack (100k)
    I think 3 rare players pack (50k each)
    A rare mega pack and possibly 2 mega packs.

Could be slightly wrong but you get the general idea, with any sort of pack luck you bring the price of hazard down substantially.

After using his loan card I’m doing the full sbc and have 5 of 7 challenges done. Got nothing mind blowing but did get 2 totw players (alcacer and some Spanish keeper) I got sterling and assensio also, going for about 30k each, all in all, if I was to sell what I got from the 5 packs so far it’d be about 150k.
    But there’s always the chance with those types of packs you get a really big pull, from one of the salah ones last year I got pogba and sold instantly which covered half of the cost of the sbc.

I was using mane lw before hazard 93 and was quite happy with him but there’s no way I can go back to mane now, he comes on nicely as a sub.

The other thing, I’d imagine from your posts that you have a lot of the stuff you require already in your club? And while I know you can obviously sell them for coins, you wouldn’t be going out and buying all these at the inflated prices

Got my 11 wins.

Happy enough with that considering it was my first attempt and I'm terrible.

I need a shower after playing that crap.

It's more sweatier than rivals.

• Advertisement

Next wl game and it feels completely different again. My 94% passing accuracy from the previous match drops to 81% as martial runs around playing cm intercepting everything.

It goes to extra time when he just boots the ball forward. My keeper waits for the ball to come down and then... punches it straight to martial for a tap in chip shot. There was no one near my box since I was attacking and he cleared it yet he punches an easy catch :confused:

Starting to give up hope on the game now. I don't mind losing but the above and the guy's first goal where I tackled martial 3 times but he walked through it drives me mad as it makes me feel like I've no control.

5-3 now. If I'm still on 5 wins after 10 games I might call it quits.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement