Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Can’t remember who posted it, but the tactics video that was posted seems to work well and keep my full backs in their positions.

Just need to improve my finishing, cant get the hang of timed finished at all.

After few games I actually moved my team back to default. One of those things that seem to work, but then you get beaten 10 games in a row and just want to make sure it's not that tactic that is causing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Blazer you seem to have a decent team there!

Do you like the back line?

I have
    Ederson
    Tripper rudiger otamendi rose
    The ox gundogan
    Lanzini
    Lucas (potm) Giroud and if Fraser

Trying to improve a few aspects though but not sure where my coins are best spent?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Blazer you seem to have a decent team there!

Do you like the back line?

I have
    Ederson
    Tripper rudiger otamendi rose
    The ox gundogan
    Lanzini
    Lucas (potm) Giroud and if Fraser

Trying to improve a few aspects though but not sure where my coins are best spent?

I like Ederson..he's pretty good.
    Rudiger I actually found him excellent with his speed and Ottamendi is a beast as well.
    I also used Rose and only just replaced him but didn't find him great. I actually found Delph better than him.
    IF you can afford Laccazette he's brilliant.

wonski wrote: »
    After few games I actually moved my team back to default. One of those things that seem to work, but then you get beaten 10 games in a row and just want to make sure it's not that tactic that is causing it.

I found that I would lose 2-3 games and i was up 2 or 3 nil at half time. Not sure if its complacency on my part or something else.

Blazer wrote: »
    I found that I would lose 2-3 games and i was up 2 or 3 nil at half time. Not sure if its complacency on my part or something else.

Regardless of tactics I found that chasing the win is much easier than protecting it this year.

• Advertisement

Regardless of tactics I found that chasing the win is much easier than protecting it this year.

definitely...the bloody kick off goal is still around...frakking thing.

typical..I switch from 442 to 4-3-2-1 to bring in Hazard closed to goals and it looks like 4-4-2 is the op formation so far.

definitely...the bloody kick off goal is still around...frakking thing.

In all fairness kick off goals, corners and silly goals are all around but I do benefit from those, too.

Played 20 wl games and don't think there is a group of players to take me down. If I used my chances as I should I would win more games.

The whole I had 20 shots he had 2 shots stories and he won could be translated to any online game.

I know its unpopular opinion, but if you lose a game having 20 shots vs 2 then your shots were ****e.

I know its unpopular opinion, but if you lose a game having 20 shots vs 2 then your shots were ****e.

well it all depends..you could literally have 5 shots in a matter of seconds where your dumbass striker strikers the goalkeeper in the chest, rebounds, hits the crossbar, rebounds, hits the post, rebounds, hits the defender who when clears it off his own goalkeeper and into the net. :)
    That's about 5 shots right there lol...plus I love long range shots so I don't really take heed. Probably one of the things I need to cut out on WL mode and only shoot from 6 yards out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

The most random fifa yet. Players just seem to collide on and off the ball, the advantage rule is applied willy nilly, players and keeper like to go into a daze and ignore the ball despite the ball being beside/behind them.

Play to the whistle is a big one for me, the refs are shoite but then that's true to life lol.

The corners are a joke, barely scored any in the last fifa, scoring loads in this one and conceding plenty too.

Overhead kicks all over the pitch lol

Quit the WL when I got to 11 wins, back to divisions and it seems like a different game.

I'm liking playing, cos it's fifa, but I don't actually like it lol. Makes no sense I know.

Also, Alison is a great shot stopper but jeez why does he punch EVERY corner or cross!!!

My biggest gripe is when you change things in game, I swap my wingers a lot of the time but twenty minutes after I have done it they still haven't swapped despite the ball going out of play numerous times. Wtf

Edit: Goal kicks? What's the point? Aim left, he kicks it straight etc

• Advertisement

goal kicks are the worst..wtf were they thinking.
    And you can blame Bale and Ronaldo for their overhead kicks this year..I've done more in this fifa version than all other fifas together...and I've been playing fifa for over 25 years.

goal kicks are the worst..wtf were they thinking.
    And you can blame Bale and Ronaldo for their overhead kicks this year..I've done more in this fifa version than all other fifas together...and I've been playing fifa for over 25 years.

The overheads at the near post are awful but players doing them in their own box is laughable

lol

Edit : Don't think I've ever scored an overhead in previous fifa'd, scored at least three so far in this season one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Liamalone wrote: »
    The most random fifa yet. Players just seem to collide on and off the ball, the advantage rule is applied willy nilly, players and keeper like to go into a daze and ignore the ball despite the ball being beside/behind them.

Play to the whistle is a big one for me, the refs are shoite but then that's true to life lol.

The corners are a joke, barely scored any in the last fifa, scoring loads in this one and conceding plenty too.

Overhead kicks all over the pitch lol

Quit the WL when I got to 11 wins, back to divisions and it seems like a different game.

I'm liking playing, cos it's fifa, but I don't actually like it lol. Makes no sense I know.

Also, Alison is a great shot stopper but jeez why does he punch EVERY corner or cross!!!

My biggest gripe is when you change things in game, I swap my wingers a lot of the time but twenty minutes after I have done it they still haven't swapped despite the ball going out of play numerous times. Wtf

Edit: Goal kicks? What's the point? Aim left, he kicks it straight etc

I'm drunk ya big bollox do you wanna play?????

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Goal kicks are straight forward. Lob it out to your full back.

jayo26 wrote: »

Invite me biatch

J. Marston wrote: »
    Goal kicks are straight forward. Lob it out to your full back.

Yeah, for fifa to be fifa and the full back take a panic attack and lose it. I've always taken them short, can't trust it in this fifa :(

Ya bollox, you're not even online, or is you hidings *strokes chin *

Probably not even drunk :rolleyes:

Decided to sell up as I'm taking a break from the game and there's no point in losing value.

Just went back to relist my players

Virgil - sold BIN 13,000

Stupid ****ing app... That was supposed to be 130000 so I've just lost over 100k down the pot.

Considering I only make 400-800 per sale that's a lot of cards to make up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I’ve got more draws this year than I’ve had in all of last year - 12 draws. My record before the weekend was 18-9-10 and now it’s 21-12-19..... can’t seem to hold on to a lead at all

15-15 symmetry yo

• Advertisement

Liamalone wrote: »
    Ya bollox, you're not even online, or is you hidings *strokes chin *

Probably not even drunk :rolleyes:

Sorry dude I actually forgot then ha.

Decided to sell up as I'm taking a break from the game and there's no point in losing value.

Just went back to relist my players

Virgil - sold BIN 13,000

Stupid ****ing app... That was supposed to be 130000 so I've just lost over 100k down the pot.

Considering I only make 400-800 per sale that's a lot of cards to make up.

Nothing as demoralizing mate it's a killer but do as much trading as you can and keep plugging away. It happened me few year ago with lloris I wanted to cry ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Not really, speaking from my own experience, if i finesse them towards the corners from inside the box and they get saved, hit the post, or blocked, if i then full power them towards the corner inside the box and they get saved, hit the post, or blocked, there really is f*ck all else i can do cos nobody controls the keeper or defenders blocking.

I had 3 shots in a row in a game yesterday, 1st shot hit the post, the rebound got blocked and the 3rd shot hit the keeper in the face and the ball landed in midfield with his striker on a counter, i managed to stop the counter atrack.

Shots on goal are never a way to judge who played well or deserved to win. My play style is always safe shooting i only take a shot if I know I've a good chance to score. Nearly every game I'll always have less shots on goal then the other person.

I'll more often come away from a game thinking if id of timed a pass better in a certain situation.

Shots on goal are never a way to judge who played well or deserved to win. My play style is always safe shooting i only take a shot if I know I've a good chance to score. Nearly every game I'll always have less shots on goal then the other person.

I'll more often come away from a game thinking if id of timed a pass better in a certain situation.

Oh god i’d Probably fall asleep playing against you :)
    Me? The slightest whiff of goals and I’m shooting.
    It would kill me having to play like that. Safe ? No, boring not chance

Oh god i’d Probably fall asleep playing against you :)
    Me? The slightest whiff of goals and I’m shooting.
    It would kill me having to play like that. Safe ? No, boring not chance

Its not boring I just dont waste chances. I don't see what's exciting from taking shots on goal when your not going to score that often.

I love opening teams up and creating proper chances and most of my games still have loads of goals in them im using Rodriguez as cam and Williams as striker and both of them have more then a goal a game for me and promes has good record too so there is plenty goals been scored.

Just different styles I don't find it boring I find it more rewarding to work on a chance and when it comes off it's brilliant.

I'm more like blazer to be honest I shoot when I get a chance.

I took a shot with kondogbia from outside the box the other day after a deflection and it rocketed into the top right.

Even I couldn't believe it went in, started shooting with him more from outside the box and that man has a thunder bastard of a left boot!

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    I'm more like blazer to be honest I shoot when I get a chance.

I took a shot with kondogbia from outside the box the other day after a deflection and it rocketed into the top right.

Even I couldn't believe it went in, started shooting with him more from outside the box and that man has a thunder bastard of a left boot!

He actually is an around beast love him if he ever gets and inform he be insane.

He actually is an around beast love him if he ever gets and inform he be insane.

And an insane price.

Already 30k+ for an 82 rated player is crazy stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

After trying out POTM Hazard for a few games I think I'll stick with Henry. So ive about 400k now. Not sure whether I want to invest or buy a LB to replace Mendy. Was thinking Maldini, Petit, Zanetti or Roberto Carlos.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement