Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Redzer7 wrote: »
    After trying out POTM Hazard for a few games I think I'll stick with Henry. So ive about 400k now. Not sure whether I want to invest or but a LB to replace Mendy. Was thinking Maldini, Petit, Zanetti or Roberto Carlos.

How do you find mendy? Looking at replacements for rose.

Also are you the redzer I played destiny 1 with or the other dude?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    How do you find mendy? Looking at replacements for rose.

Also are you the redzer I played destiny 1 with or the other dude?

Mendy has been unreal for me which is why I'm thinking I'll just invest. He's fast enough and he's an absolute monster, would definitely be a big upgrade on rose IMO, and must have being another Redzer, I think I've only played that game for 20 mins :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Got my 11 wins in wl the very same as last week, with 4 games left.

I was 1-6 through first 7! So happy to get 10-9 from the next 19.

Will finish out the 4 games later, I’ll get 1600 division rivals points if nothing else from the 4 games.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

J. Marston wrote: »
    Goal kicks are straight forward. Lob it out to your full back.

Or a target man striker :P

Knocking it on to running wingers is always funny.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Try for 11 if you get time, your player pick isn’t maxed at 84 (although mine still was no higher than 84)
    You also get enough points to automatically re enter next time you want

Didn't take much but you convinced me :P

Got two from three this morning, so on 10 wins with seven games left. Might push for Gold 3 tbh. Will certainly get one win from that last seven though.

If I get anything good, it will be cause of you. But if I still get useless cards, I blame you :P

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »

Got two from three this morning, so on 10 wins with seven games left. Might push for Gold 3 tbh. Will certainly get one win from that last seven though.

If I get anything good, it will be cause of you. But if I still get useless cards, I blame you :P

Haha, you can thank me when you get red version totw van dijk for your backline :)

Be great if you got the 14 wins because amongst the extra rewards you get 2 totw player picks.

But even if you get stuck in silver 1 like me, it was worth the extra games, your player pick isn’t capped at a maximum of 84 and you get a choice of 3 to choose from rather than 2. (I still only got an 84, 82 & 82 to choose from but was nice to have the possibility of getting lacazette or mbappe)

Plus, you’ll have enough points for next time you want to play weekend league, any rivals matches you play midweek will be just for rewards points rather than trying to grind qualifying points too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Get to 14 wins and you get two player picks to be disappointed at :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Player pick packs were a massive disappointment. Wouldn't bother doing it for them again.

Rival rewards were better.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Player pick packs were a massive disappointment. Wouldn't bother doing it for them again.

Given I've never got a Red Gold card before, I utterly love the change. No more stupid Red Silvers that will never see the light of day, sitting in my club with no point.

I'll happily take IF Paco over some stupid League 2 players.

I had good luck last year in the monthlies. Got elite 4 times throughout the year. They need to have a minimum on the card values for elite 3 and higher. It's just not fair to have no minimum so people end up with trash bag IFs they'll never use.

• Advertisement

Buying the cheap united players now is a good investment.

United play Chelsea Saturday so could come up in marquee matchups Thursday but as someone posted a week or so ago, they play Juventus Tuesday week so very likely to appear in the champions league marquee matchups Tuesday week.

So you have a double chance of getting profit from them, hopefully the regular marquee matchups starts giving better rewards and being more specific in it’s requirements as making very little off them so far.

Even if you don’t want to invest too much and take up valuable space in the transfer list, buy 1 each of all the players going for in and around 1k, smalling, Romero, Shaw, young, rojo, Jones, fellaini, darmian and just add them to your club.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Yeah I posted that about the Juventus match.

I have changed my thoughts on it though.

I reckon this time round we will get a Europa league SBC instead of a champions league SBC.

I hope it's a United/Juve SBC as I have about 50 Bentacours in my trade pile.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Yeah I posted that about the Juventus match.

I have changed my thoughts on it though.

I reckon this time round we will get a Europa league SBC instead of a champions league SBC.

I hope it's a United/Juve SBC as I have about 50 Bentacours in my trade pile.

Ah yeah I remember someone posting it and it stuck in my mind because it made sense.

I’m not sure, I think they’ll stick to champions league and maybe make the requirements that you need a champions league card also, I’ve kept some cheap United and juve ones Incase.

You could be right on the Europa league though if they are to introduce special Europa league cards too, we seen a Europa league aubemeyang as a loan item reward a couple of weeks ago (although card was same rating as base card, so not sure if they’d be doing this for all)

I’d def be leaning towards them doing something champions league based, if they are to introduce champions league otw players (as rumored before game release) it would have to be soon, before scream team starts and to give the players a chance to get boosts.
    It would make sense, as path to glory came out around this time last year iirc so champions league otw would be a variation on that

Maybe a Champions League O2W as a reward for completing a Champions League Marquee Matchups?

What other big games are on.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Maybe a Champions League O2W as a reward for completing a Champions League Marquee Matchups?

What other big games are on.

Barca v inter is the other standout game and inter play ac Milan this weekend so similar to united, you can double up on potential rewards if you invest in inter.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking on champions league marquee matchups, have that as a reward. But it was only a rumor and might not happen so I wouldn’t invest too much from that angle, I’d just pick up 1 cheap champions league cards from each of united, juve, Barca & inter and then buy a few of their gold discard players (no risk involved there) as they’re likely to be needed regardless of a champions league otw.

I wouldn't touch the champions League cards for investment purposes. Can't see them being required at all for any SBC as there isn't just enough of them on the market.

I wouldn't touch the champions League cards for investment purposes. Can't see them being required at all for any SBC as there isn't just enough of them on the market.

You’re probably right, the ones I have from those clubs I picked up for 1.5k when there was loads of them.

I’m just hanging onto them Incase they’re needed as only selling for about 4K anyway. (Likes of darmian)

I sold young for 30k though. Raging I didn’t keep more as I knew they’d raise the max price on those left backs (Davies and delph too)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Have to say your an absolute delightfully happy poster ;)

I started picking up a few United players the other day actually, got a load of Darmians and Jones for around 500 coins, will probably pick up some more during the week, we'll hopefully see an SBC for their match against Chelsea on Saturday so it might be a wise move .

Sick to death of getting kicked out of UT and needing to verify myself, although it's better to know they're actually doing something to combat 'bots'.

jayo26 wrote:
    Have to say your an absolute delightfully happy poster

Just more realistic than some. Don't have the time be trading 24/7 like some so when I'm on FIFA I grind the gameplay, the thing that should reward you the most. But it doesn't or hasn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Bought a good few Inter and United players. Borja Valero (Spanish CAM) from Inter would be a great investment if the Barca matchup appears. Can be got for 700-800 coins as well

Got silver one

Six games left and need three wins for Gold 3

Three straight losses :( not looking good.

Bought a good few Inter and United players. Borja Valero (Spanish CAM) from Inter would be a great investment if the Barca matchup appears. Can be got for 700-800 coins as well

Will pick up 10 just to have, good nationality for it too.

Got silver one

Welcome to the Silver 1 club

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

My game froze for a solid 20 mins in-game time. Was up 3-2 and got kicked out after 70 mins. Couldn’t control my players at all because of the speed-up lag. Absolutely ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Got my 17th win for Gold 2 last night so I left it there with two games to spare, no point playing them as the next rank up needs three wins. Happy with that though, but I looked at the Gold 2 rewards and apart from more coins, they don’t look any better than Gold 3.

My game froze for a solid 20 mins in-game time. Was up 3-2 and got kicked out after 70 mins. Couldn’t control my players at all because of the speed-up lag. Absolutely ****e.

Same happened me.

I have heard if you contact ea support they will give you the win. Didn't try it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    I'm more like blazer to be honest I shoot when I get a chance.

I took a shot with kondogbia from outside the box the other day after a deflection and it rocketed into the top right.

Even I couldn't believe it went in, started shooting with him more from outside the box and that man has a thunder bastard of a left boot!

The reason he’s so high is he’s switching to the Ivory Coast or something so won’t link up anymore so his current card is going for good money . Plus the ****ers op as hell.

Got silver one

And a 4th kills the dream :pac:

The skill level seemed to take a step up once I got Silver 1. But there was only two or three games this weekend where I got properly murdered. I think I only "rage quit" twice.

I lost 4 games on bloody shootouts where I missed every penalty. Hate them. :mad:

This was the team I used this weekend, that really seemed to help me kick up a notch compared to last weeks.

sE2csQe.png

Memphis and Zaha worked really well together up front.

Draxler is a beast in the CM role; he's everywhere and has a wicked shot on him. Him and Meunier really felt like they had proper presences on the field.

Hradesky is easily the best goal keeper I've used this year too. He was so bloody reliable in nets for me, diving round the place and saving what felt like so many clear cut chances. Tah and Sule were pretty solid too.

Maegera, IF King, POTM Lucas as my three subs when needed as well. Maegera in particular is a beast from the bench, cause he's fast AND strong.

Cause I've been so happy with that team this weekend, I'm reinvesting most of my coins into trading again. Want to see who I can upgrade while keeping the balance roughly the same though. Cause balance wise, I was very, very happy with the squad there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Definitely upgrade to IF Meunier. Been using him since the start and he’s top class, great defensively, excellent passing and crossing, good finishing and a big threat from set pieces too. I get him to play up front on my ultra attacking plan and he’s saved me a few times. Haven’t used NIF Meunier but I can’t imagine he’d be nearly as good. He’s under 70k on PS4, and a bargain at that price tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement