Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

If anyone has jurgen klopp he’s selling for about 3.8k on ps4.
    I got him as a duplicate earlier and just gave a quick glance on his price after someone posted last week about the French managers going for 2k.

Sold both the duplicate and version I already had for a handy 7.5k

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Not to sound like the big moan that always comes on when he loses (I actually played terrible and won my last game) but the scripting seems even worse than normal. Usually when I felt it going against me I'd play it safe simple passes and sneak a draw. Now that seems impossible. The amount of times the defender puts his leg over the ball when intercepting a pass which is a massive part of my game is insane.

Have ozil who sometimes can't seem to complete a pass at all seems so strange just can't seem to get this years game to work for me at all.

I know i know i just need to get better. Thanks for the advise guys ��

Honestly I don't think scripting is really a thing but momentum definitely is. If you're losing from the first minute, he might just be a bit better than the last lad you played or you're having an off game. If you're finding you're going 2 up and then conceding back to 2-2 all the time, imo that's momentum.

For the first one, if I'm getting battered in the first half hour or so I'll switch it up to either my ultra defensive or ultra attacking for a bit just to mix it up, doesn't always work but helps me feel that I can do something other than give the ball back to them instantly :D

I do think the greater variance in play styles this year means I come up against more people where I literally can't do anything right; although I'm fairly sh/te so that helps too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I just lost a game to a wonder strike from Delefeu and his 69 shot rating, 25 yarder past Alisson, i had Vardy up front and his 81 shot, have 5 shots from inside the box on target, all saved by Ben Foster, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I just lost a game to a wonder strike from Delefeu and his 69 shot rating, 25 yarder past Alisson, i had Vardy up front and his 81 shot, have 5 shots from inside the box on target, all saved by Ben Foster, lol

I've asked you before, do you use timed finishing? You must not or else you don't know how to use it.

If you don't, do the skill games and learn it. It's the most overpowered shot in the game at the moment. It's this year's low driven shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Redo91

Have the champions edition and just got set up yesterday. After reading that to get all my packs I had to redeem the code by the 14th (yesterday). Any idea if I will now miss out on all those packs and only get the ones from now til November?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

RossieMan wrote: »
    I've asked you before, do you use timed finishing? You must not or else you don't know how to use it.

If you don't, do the skill games and learn it. It's the most overpowered shot in the game at the moment. It's this year's low driven shot.

I answered you and yes i do use it, but the shots still get saved, it can hit their head, it can hit their boot, it is what it is

For anyone collecting the futswap players, there’s another in the squad battles this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Hogey007 wrote: »
    For anyone collecting the futswap players, there’s another in the squad battles this week.

I really hate playing single player. Is there only 12 of these? Like if I miss one, I miss out on 84 El Shaarawy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

blaa85 wrote: »
    I really hate playing single player. Is there only 12 of these? Like if I miss one, I miss out on 84 El Shaarawy?

There's 14 in total, think there's been 4 so far, 2 SBCs, one daily objective and one from squad battles, open to correction here!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

blaa85 wrote: »

There’s 14 of which 2 so far have been squad battles. Expect more.
    I find single player awful, I just start feeling sleepy and end up dozing halfway through a match.

• Advertisement

Don't think you're using it right then. I've not had a perfectly timed shot saved yet. And I've scored some screamers from 30 or 40 yards.

Ive had green shots saved alright, but they were just off perfect. Score some that are red and yellow, too. It's just a broken game mechanic.

Blazer wrote: »
    There’s 14 of which 2 so far have been squad battles. Expect more.
    I find single player awful, I just start feeling sleepy and end up dozing halfway through a match.

I purely use squad battles this season for my fitness team and maybe over the course of the week play 2 to 3 games on legendary or world class to get points up for rewards.

I put my normal team on bench, play beginner, score 5 goals (takes about 90 seconds) then switch back to sky/Netflix and the computer doesn’t tackle you so game finishes in a few mins.

Get elite 3 rewards with ease and it’s handy for building loyalty up on players for sbc’s too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I do the same on beginner, with an odd game on Pro to top up points, but sometimes the feckers do tackle and it takes a little more time to finish the game.

Not too bothered, they never score anyway.

If you are lazy, like me, 2 goals will do. Usually complete random daily objectives, too like scoring with Brazil player etc.

Don't think you're using it right then. I've not had a perfectly timed shot saved yet. And I've scored some screamers from 30 or 40 yards.

Ive had green shots saved alright, but they were just off perfect. Score some that are red and yellow, too. It's just a broken game mechanic.

I must practice those. They sound op.
    Hazard has 9 goals in 11 games for me.
    It doesn’t sound much but for me who normally puts everything through my strikers and CAMS it’s a lot and a sign of how good he is.
    Martial was scoring a few goals for me but nowhere even close to this. Hazards attacking position is phenomenal

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The Hazard SBC certainly kicked on the IF Trading Method, but nowhere near as much as I had hoped. I did notice an uptick in sales; I sell 4 or 5 IFs a day for 10k profit. Just reinvesting straight back into other IFs though. The prices of everything has increased enough that I've got a good profit from everything below. Crossed the 2.2m transfer profit mark this morning.

More than happy to stay patient though; a German POTM will kick things on again, and I'm dreaming of an Icon SBC.

Looking through my TP doing an inventory of my In Forms, currently sitting on.

De Ligt x 4
    Cech x 11
    Suso x 6
    Pablo Fornals x1
    Hofmann x 6
    Traore x 7
    Paco Alcacer x 11
    Ibisevic x 3
    Musa x 1
    Mandzukic x 1
    Xhaxa x 9
    King x 5
    Ricardo Horta x 2
    Pellegrini x 3
    Andre Silva x 4
    Acosta x 3
    OTW Mariano x 1
    Lucas Leiva x 1
    Maguire x 1
    Matip x 1
    Costil x 1
    OTW Witsel x 1
    Tonelli x 3
    De Paul x 1
    OTW Alisson x 1
    Howedes x 4
    Lozano x 1
    Zieler x 1
    Fraser x 1
    OTW Dembele x 1
    CL Mangala x 2
    Yarmolenko x 1
    Alvaro x 1
    Ospina x 1
    Ruben Dias x 2
    Zieler x 1
    Lala x 1
    Pepe x 1
    Jesus Imaz x 1
    CL Marcos Llorente x 1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭Guffy

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The Hazard SBC certainly kicked on the IF Trading Method, but nowhere near as much as I had hoped. I did notice an uptick in sales; I sell 4 or 5 IFs a day for 10k profit. Just reinvesting straight back into other IFs though. The prices of everything has increased enough that I've got a good profit from everything below. Crossed the 2.2m transfer profit mark this morning.

More than happy to stay patient though; a German POTM will kick things on again, and I'm dreaming of an Icon SBC.

Looking through my TP doing an inventory of my In Forms, currently sitting

Do you just buy them and constantly relist them at +10k price tag?

Have a OTW Fred and jorginho. Just wait for a good game and sell in the hype?

Find jorginho in particular useless.

Guffy wrote: »
    Do you just buy them and constantly relist them at +10k price tag?

Pretty much. Relist seven or eight times a day, get a few sales a day from lazy buyers.

SBCs boost prices, and then they also naturally rise as well.

Bought, for instance, the 9 Xhaxas for 16-18k. Cheapest on the market is currently 27k. So I can cash out now for 90k profit. Or keep holding till they keep going up :)

Tend not to restock further back than two weeks either, so as stuff from week one has been selling, I've shifted to this weeks. Mainly Paco, Hofmann, Howedes and De Ligt this week, with SBCs in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Prime Icon SBC is live now, think it’s a player pick out of five icons. Requires an icon and lots of IFs. Lord, I think you’re about to clean up...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

6 IFs needed. Oh my.

Not going near it myself, cause I don't want any of those five. But this is a beautiful boost :D

• Advertisement

Got all excited till I saw that. Meh!!!
    Damnit, cheapest icon is now 560k.

Blazer wrote: »
    Got all excited till I saw that. Meh!!!

It very much feels like this is just an introduction to the idea.

No strikers, and mainly ones who were in last years game. I'd imagine they'll ramp them up more over the next few months.

It very much feels like this is just an introduction to the idea.

No strikers, and mainly ones who were in last years game. I'd imagine they'll ramp them up more over the next few months.

Yeah, they could have thrown a striker in there at least.

Oh, are they time sensitive too? 30 days and gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

After my last wl rant I won 4 in a row and got gold 3 and decided to stop there.

Got 78 Zapata as the highest in my squad battles rewards and decided to do 2 gold upgrades and got Zapata as the highest again :(

Not a fan of the icon sbc style tbh. Them being timed for a month is annoying as the sbcs being there all year so you could work towards whichever one you wanted was the best for me last year.

Plus the inclusion of an icon as a requirement ensures that the lowest rated versions won't be used in teams anymore and it'll probably cause the sbc to be more expensive than just buying the prime.

Hopefully my IF Alcacers shoot up though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Oh, are they time sensitive too? 30 days and gone?

Bad move from EA.

Means nobody can tip away at the SBC.

Another unattainable SBC for me to not complete.

Also the fact you need to give in an icon means that the cheapest icons become even more unattainable.

That SBC will have almost no effect in the market apart from icons for a small bit.

Those players arent really going to go into anyone's team. Gattusos lowest rates is his best card.

All the others are meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

That SBC will have almost no effect in the market apart from icons for a small bit.

Those players arent really going to go into anyone's team. Gattusos lowest rates is his best card.

All the others are meh.

Your dead right if you ignore the fact that is has effected cheapest inform prices and it will make sure that the normal players prices don't drop yet... other then that it has no effect whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Agreed the effect on the market will be minimal. We need a sbc for regular, non hardcore players to be tempted to complete. Hazard and Icons won't do it. Let's wait for one with around 200k to spend to complete and there will be a good movement on prices as many players will feel its within their reach.

Something like Lucas potm, but with more popular player.

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    Agreed the effect on the market will be minimal. We need a sbc for regular, non hardcore players to be tempted to complete. Hazard and Icons won't do it. Let's wait for one with around 200k to spend to complete and there will be a good movement on prices as many players will feel its within their reach.

Something like Lucas potm, but with more popular player.

Scream SBCs should do that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement