Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Lord TSC wrote: »
    God help me, I'd love to try the prime Gerrard and Lampard cards. Lampard in particular, cause he used to be great for rockets.

Gerrard is pretty much my only goal but after seeing what's in my club I'm starting to get tempted by the mid-range icons particularly 85 Zola since his high pace and dribbling would make him perfect as a striker in my set up. He also has more composure than his 87 and prime version :confused:

Played my first weekend league match against a guy with prime Okocha and champions league meta cards and lost. I intercepted his passes for the winning goal 3 times including twice in the box but both times my players took a touch just heavy enough to lose possession :mad:

I saw on the fifa reddit that the Bundesliga potm is being announced at two so hopefully Alcacer will rise then although I've already made 2k on each one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Gyan84 wrote: »
    He also has more composure than his 87 and prime version :confused:

I saw on the fifa reddit that the Bundesliga potm is being announced at two so hopefully Alcacer will rise then although I've already made 2k on each one.

On the Icon, I've noticed that with a LOAD of the icons. The "Prime" version is not always the best one. Ignore the OVR rating, and look at their stats, cause some of the babys have better stats in important areas. Seems way more of a "How do you want to use them" factor, rather than just "Grab the most expensive."

With the POTM. I have....

Paco x 10
    Hofmann x 5
    Zieler x 2

All bought for 11-12k. All are up at 15-16k right now, but with an SBC, I'd be hoping they'll peek right over 20k.

Also have 5 Howdes as well, who isn't the right league but that German Nationality could be important.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I have gone through the French and Spanish league and bought 11 or 12 players from each team for the league SBC's.

Just have Real, Barca and one or 2 high rated players from Atletico to buy.

If I don't like the players on offer I can just sell all for profit.

Spanish league is cheap, most team are non rare golds for 350 coins

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

2 out of 3 won in wl...

Going well so far. Especially with my super cheap team :)

2nd game in wl, guy sits deep the whole game and I end up with 70% possesion at the the end. I go 2-1 when my wired controller disconnects twice in 30 seconds giving him a goal.

It goes to extra time and again it's all me but every shot is blocked or hits the post until the 120th minute when my team on ultra defensive has its last man back in the centre circle allowing his firmino to run the pitch and score :mad:

0-2. My worst start yet and more annoying since it should be at minumum 1-1. Once I get Gerrard I'll stick to div Rivals and Squad battles because this is maddening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I have gone through the French and Spanish league and bought 11 or 12 players from each team for the league SBC's.

Just have Real, Barca and one or 2 high rated players from Atletico to buy.

If I don't like the players on offer I can just sell all for profit.

Spanish league is cheap, most team are non rare golds for 350 coins

good idea my only problem is i went all in with my investments so need to sell a good few before i can spend the time doing this!

also for the Bundas POTM SBC i dont see anything up yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Bundas are having a live reveal of the POTM at 3:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LRamIizups

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

2nd game in wl, guy sits deep the whole game and I end up with 70% possesion at the the end. I go 2-1 when my wired controller disconnects twice in 30 seconds giving him a goal.

It goes to extra time and again it's all me but every shot is blocked or hits the post until the 120th minute when my team on ultra defensive has its last man back in the centre circle allowing his firmino to run the pitch and score :mad:

0-2. My worst start yet and more annoying since it should be at minumum 1-1. Once I get Gerrard I'll stick to div Rivals and Squad battles because this is maddening.

I found the ultra defensive tactic is useless. Never use it. Just keep possession and try to score again. Nothing worse than waiting for your opponent to score sooner or later and that's what the default defensive tactics are doing.

Coming back from 3:0 down is common this year so I would never consider playing deep unless 2 goals up and few minutes left.

Just my observation this year.

2-2 now and apart from team pressure in defence tactic I don't switch from balanced at all unless being down 2 goals with 30 minutes left. Call me amateur, but sometimes it does more harm than good.

I believe that rather than defending the score, putting another one in the net is way more practical :)

It just two lost games. Wouldn't worry too much about it. 28 left.

1 Win 3 Losses so far lololololol

I'm terrible online. Gonna just try a bad team for a couple of games.

Reus SBC up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Reus SBC up :)

Cash in those kagawa’s

Don't think I'll go for him. I have him untradable already as a super sub so no point going for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Decent requirements, nothing too crazy. I don’t use Bundesliga at all, but it’s tempting.

The loan version of him is easy to do, going to do that and decide on him then.
    Don’t have a budesliga team either so I’m not sure I’d want to spend too much on a sub.

Have EA removed La Liga POTM page from their website?

Possibly won't be a POTM for them

Hogey007 wrote: »
    The loan version of him is easy to do, going to do that and decide on him then.
    Don’t have a budesliga team either so I’m not sure I’d want to spend too much on a sub.

Edit, not as cheap as I thought. 81 team and it’s from 10 players which makes it realistically a 82 team. Will still do it to get rid of some of the strootman type players off my transfer list and want to try reus before making any decisions on him

insta sold my 3 pacos at 20k all bought for less than 13k i believe so happy days! just wish i had more!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Came home to two Paco sales, and three Kagawas, and an IF Traore.

Guessing the SBC dropped :P

Looking, doesn't look bad. He Dortmund SBC doesn't strictly need Paco. Any IFs work but the chem will be easier to get with German league IFs.

Costing in the region of 450k at the moment.
    As the hazard one proved last week (initially 600ish k) this will likely go up as people are aware of it later.

It’s not one I’ll be doing, not worth it when I have a premier league team.
    Fair price though for anyone who does want him as currently only 100k more than his 86 totw card.

Bought muller for 21k 2 days ago, sold for 36k.

Bought 6 Vidal’s just now at 11k each (85 rated) and 2 Sergio Roberto (84 rated) for when the Messi sbc drops (probably not until next Friday)

• Advertisement

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Bought muller for 21k 2 days ago, sold for 36k.

Bought 6 Vidal’s just now at 11k each (85 rated) and 2 Sergio Roberto (84 rated) for when the Messi sbc drops (probably not until next Friday)

Few murmurs that there won't be a Messi POTM SBC

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Few murmurs that there won't be a Messi POTM SBC

Really?
    Ah well they’ll be needed for something, he hasn’t gone below 10k since game was released fully so a relatively risk free venture.

I flagged here that ribery was ridiculously cheap at 5.2k a couple of weeks ago and he’s 20k now.
    I thought muller might go up but wasn’t sure so didn’t want to risk anyone’s coins by recommending it.
    Vidal at 11k as I say is a pretty low risk move.
    If budesliga sbc doesn’t drop, something will that requires him or else can resell for 10/11k in a couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

What tactics do i need to apply to gain possession from every f'n deflection and block

1W 7L and coming up against Icons every game

Think I was 4W 4L this time last week

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Bloody non appearance of la liga potm.
    I've a shedload of Banega's sitting in my pile so might just take the hit on them and clear out my transfer pile.
    I had made about 280k on Ribery back when he was 7k lol..I don't think he'll drop that low again..at least not for a long time.
    Same for Iniesta.

Blazer wrote: »
    Bloody non appearance of la liga potm.
    I've a shedload of Banega's sitting in my pile so might just take the hit on them and clear out my transfer pile.
    I had made about 280k on Ribery back when he was 7k lol..I don't think he'll drop that low again..at least not for a long time.
    Same for Iniesta.

I wouldn’t have been expecting La Liga potm today, next week would make more sense.

But yeah, like you, going to use up some of the cards I have stockpiled as just getting in the way. I’d have bought an extra muller or 2 if I didn’t have so much tied up in 83 rated players. I’ll see what happens at 6 and if there’s any sbc’s.

IF Alcacers price has crashed. Put mine up for 17.5k because that's what they were going for but now they're down to 14.5k :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Currently 4W 2L in my first ever weekend league. Lost one of the matches on penos and to be honest I hadn't a clue what I was doing think I hit 2 wide and 2 straight down the middle. Not sure whether I'll get to play 30 games or not, feels like I've just went 10 rounds with Tyson after playing 6 on the bounce :pac:.

IF Alcacers price has crashed. Put mine up for 17.5k because that's what they were going for but now they're down to 14.5k :(

Got lucky with mine so!

As a few posters above I have two much tied up in my trade pile so I've dropped the prices of my main guys.

Gonna hold kagawa at 2.5k but might drop him just waiting for the rush tonight hopefully!

Anyone selling him and for how much? Psn

• Advertisement

People are undercutting each other, same happened with cech and matip last week on the Friday of the hazard sbc but they rose steadily over the week.
    I’d hold for a couple of days and see what happens.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement