Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Market has slowed right down since yesterday afternoon anyway. Guessing trials are expiring, and it will pick back up once the game launches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

What are people opinions on the more expensive versions that come with packs etc.

Are they worth it?

Or would you be better buying fifa points and a few packs on launch?

What are the best packs to buy for bang for your buck?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    What are people opinions on the more expensive versions that come with packs etc.

Are they worth it?

Or would you be better buying fifa points and a few packs on launch?

What are the best packs to buy for bang for your buck?

I bought 30 packs last night...I got one boards player 84 rated out of the entire 30 packs (7.5k) which is just 3.3% chance.
    I wouldn't waste your money on packs..its grand for starting off but do the divisions and squad battles to get packs etc. Much better off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Packs are still ****e, always will be.

my people who have the time to play the market are the ones who'll have the incredible teams, same as every year.
    Very hard to get any sort of team going early on. spam divisions and squad battles for this week, even though SB has the worst rewards and generally is a complete waste of time.

its good that the rewards from divisions look OP as hell. gives people something to play for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

RossieMan wrote: »
    its good that the rewards from divisions look OP as hell. gives people something to play for.

Yeah that's something that looks like a really good change from last year. By hitting gold 2 in wl and squad battles and finishing somewhere in the middle of division rivals you could have around 100k per week plus packs and the wl red cards. It'll be beneficial for people like me who have no interest in trading.

Probably a stupid question but what are the blue champions league cards on futbin ? They have +1 to player rating but none of them are on the market and there's no sbc for them,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Promes is gone from the market. Someone is going to make a killing on him...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Promes is gone from the market. Someone is going to make a killing on him...!

Why is he gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

When general access opens up people are going to be all over buying him.
    Depay, Varane, Sanchez (Spurs one) and Fred all gone too.

Someone is betting that EA will raise the top price for them (apart from Varane) above the 20k mark and make a killing

When general access opens up people are going to be all over buying him.
    Depay, Varane, Sanchez (Spurs one) and Fred all gone too.

Someone is betting that EA will raise the top price for them (apart from Varane) above the 20k mark and make a killing

Ah yeah I thought he ment he was gone from packs. O have Fred and depay myself.

Bought myself a ton if Hunter cards too they will go for 5k each next week I was sniping them earlier for 2k.

They won't get to 5k this year. They've been seriously nerfed. Hawk looking the better buy this year tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Haven’t played f18 in months. Sort of meh about this..

Couldn’t really get into the UT thing, always prefered Career mode but they have made feck all changes to it in a long time...

What’s the fun with UT?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Galway_2016

Story lads. Swore I wasn't going to buy this year but after reading a few pages of this thread I think I'm gonna cave! How have you guys gotten access already though? I can only see releases for the 25th.

Story lads. Swore I wasn't going to buy this year but after reading a few pages of this thread I think I'm gonna cave! How have you guys gotten access already though? I can only see releases for the 25th.

10 hours trial on Xbox and pc with ea access.

There's a way to get full access on Xbox too btw. Plenty of YouTube videos on how to do it. Don't think they've patched it yet.

its fully out on pc I think.
    Also got my CL player..only premier one I had was Wanayama so picked up.

Thanks lads! Just signed up for EA Access on my phone but subscription isn't showing up on console yet so gonna leave it until tomorrow before buying the game, hopefully it's showing up by then.

Thanks lads! Just signed up for EA Access on my phone but subscription isn't showing up on console yet so gonna leave it until tomorrow before buying the game, hopefully it's showing up by then.

did you download the ea access app on your console?

• Administrators Posts: 53,707 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Drumpot wrote: »
    Haven’t played f18 in months. Sort of meh about this..

Couldn’t really get into the UT thing, always prefered Career mode but they have made feck all changes to it in a long time...

What’s the fun with UT?
    FUT is more for people who prefer the trading and all that stuff. It rewards people who sink serious time into trading cards and there is a stink of pay-to-win off it with the packs.

If you just want to play matches stick with Online Seasons. I used to play FUT but packed it in, it is not that fun for the more casual player. You are there trying to build a team by playing matches and you get match-made against some guy who has sunk a tonne of real cash into his team and ends up with a Ronaldo/Messi/Neymar/etc dream team, it's bollocks.

On the other hand, if you think you'd like the trading aspect of it then it's obviously very enjoyable given it's popularity.

Blazer wrote: »
    did you download the ea access app on your console?

Yeah. I've uninstalled and currently reinstalling so hopefully that'll work.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cmacc4

Where’s gonna be the cheapest place to pre order lads?? Just want the standard edition,packs in champions and ultimate are always trash

• Advertisement

Packed myself a modric from an SBC pack, zaha in the same pack too. Nice 200k for an 8k outlay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Cmacc4 wrote: »
    Where’s gonna be the cheapest place to pre order lads?? Just want the standard edition,packs in champions and ultimate are always trash

SuperValu sell it on release day for €50. Not sure if they’re still doing it again this year. Keep an eye on their Facebook, they usually announce it there with a store list.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Cmacc4 wrote: »

Smyths for in store collection 54.99

Supervalu will be 49.99 again, but I heard a rumour it is just 3 copies per store and let's face it they are very likely already reserved ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Totally forgot about smyths was gonna get it digital down but have just ordered my copy from smyths there €55 is pretty good value!

Luckily have a store near me!

All stores are open at midnight as well for release if anyone's arsed doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

On ps4 if you've a mate go halves and download it on two consoles from one psn, worked for me last year.

Have played about 15 games now across both UT and Seasons.

I agree with the lad on about the bicycle kicks now.

That needs to be patched.

I had a lad spam them in my last game(mainly Bale) in seasons and he could have scored FIVE bicycle kicks with the closest hitting the bar.
    He nearly scored three from corners... Seems a bit farcical players taking corners out of the air.

In reality most would be air balls and especially a whipped corner :/

Can see this being a problem down the line.

Suarez from SB rewards.

Almost outpacking you, jayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Are their any tournaments for bronze and silver players this year- i missed the bronze and silver cups last year!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anyone know wen the Division prizes are issued?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Morning folks. I have a question about Fifa 19. I pre-ordered the Ultimate edition through Gamestop a few months ago. Will I be able to go into the store tomorrow to pick up my copy or do I have to wait until Friday?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement