Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

jayo26 wrote: »
    Lads I donno what games you are all playing or maybe your just unlucky but I haven't came up against any lob ball spammers or super teams.

Nearly every team I play against is set up with high press from the start or spamming crosses it's easy to defend against them.

No super teams for me,just lob balls and dabbing,good times :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The high press is crazy effective this year. You can pass around it but you can't rely on one of your players not to take an awful touch and give them the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

J. Marston wrote: »
    The high press is crazy effective this year. You can pass around it but you can't rely on one of your players not to take an awful touch and give them the ball.

I think passing is harder this year it's not so much a skill it's alot if luck. I don't mind the high press I just counter attack then destroy them in second half when there players are wrecked.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jayo26 wrote: »
    Lads I donno what games you are all playing or maybe your just unlucky but I haven't came up against any lob ball spammers or super teams.

Nearly every team I play against is set up with high press from the start or spamming crosses it's easy to defend against them.

Yeah, same.

The high press is a killer given they nerfed striker pace. Several times, I'd break past their back line, only for my players to be caught long before I reach shooting distance.

The other thing that happens every game is the tika-taka kick offs that have a habit of leading to early goals. And my full backs going missing :(

I'm so glad I didn't sell hamsik women I packed him he is a fantastic midfielder he pops up on the edge of the box all the time and his passing is spot on. Him paired with Allan is a decent midfield pairing for me only got 4 games played today but won all four of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I sold a Hamsik today that I packed last week for 51k Bin, picked up a replacement for 35k lol. I had tried him as a sub for a few games but he didn't do much.

Liamalone wrote: »
    I sold a Hamsik today that I packed last week for 51k Bin, picked up a replacement for 35k lol. I had tried him as a sub for a few games but he didn't do much.

I really like him but I've only played him in 4 games or so but he has couple goals and good stamina and good passing that's all I ask ha.

I used sms before him and he didn't do it for me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Sold a IF Cech for 30k happy days

Bought Scream Deeney in protest of how **** I'm playing.

Goal and Assist in his FUT Champs debute

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

I'm 8 - 4 so far. Was 11 - 13 last weekend so doing much better so far. I'm only in Div 5 but have Aub and potm Hazard up front now. People are disconnecting after I score early. They should really hang on, I'm always conceding goals. But Aub is a monster.

I haven't lost a game since popping in talisco just to have an extra Brazilian, so keeping him in over Keita in the centre. But this is the squad.

Edit: couldn't attach squad

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Started off well, played my first WL game and I was playing some guy who obviously wasn’t great. However I was soaking my feet after a long day at work so i wasn’t really concentrating, end result lost on penalties.
    Not to worry thinks I, maybe the rest of them are bad as well tonight so plays next game. Wins 7-0, you think the guy would rage quit? Not a chance.
    Next game 4-0, might get a rage quit? Not a chance.
    Worse I get cocky, the guy comes back in the 2nd and wins 5-4 in extra time.
    Wins my next game 2-0 , then it all just falls to pieces for me after losing that 5-4 game.
    Ends up rage quitting at 3-1 down and getting Mendy sent off. No point playing when my head is like that..but damnit I should have been 5 wins out of 5,not 2 out of 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

6-6 so far, very happy with that, I know I’m capable of getting 5 or 6 defeats in a row so would take my 11 wins again.

Really noticing the difference with hazard, at least 3 of those 6 games I won, I wouldn’t have without him, 2 hat tricks and his ability to score from outside the box is really what I was missing,

Plus, bringing mane on for arnoutovic IF at half time/60 mins mark gives me mane against a tired defense and he’s chipped in with a few goals too.

Bailly IF is a rock at the back too, happy with my team now.

In other news....I can’t give kagawa away!!

I bought about 10 at 1.5 and he’s at 1.1k now. Def need to rethink some of the investing as everyone seems to be doing the same, and the flooding the market with these popular players.
    If a sbc that requires 9 Dortmund players doesn’t up his price it’s hard to know what will.

Anyway, heard their will be a sbc for a guaranteed scream team player at some point during the event, if they made that an 83 team he might get some rise, if they were to make a repeatable 83 sbc it’d be great but once I clear these off my tradepile I’m not investing in anymore 83’s for now. Taking up too much space.

3 million barrier

20181019-225638.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Liamalone wrote: »

Hamsik seems to be one of FUT's anomalies. It seems like he's been rated 87 for the last 7-8 years but you never actually hear much about him in reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

On the super teams and lobbed through balls, I was just about to say that I haven't come up against either but my last match was against a guy with aubamayang and Socrates up front with hazard pogba kante and mbappe behind them and all he did was lobbed through balls :pac:

Managed to beat him one nil by hacking his players to pieces defending well so I'm 5-2 now which should set me on track for gold 2 even with my usual Saturday lose streak.

Vidal down to 9.5k now, picked up another 4.

Picked up 4 mitrovic IF too at 11k.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Bring on the 4 mil :pac:

2cwrm6f.jpg

Current team

724ls6.jpg[IMG]Now just need to get better at the gameplay itself :pac:[/img]

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

Currently at 12-11. Have 7 games remaining, all I'm after is 2 more wins to get gold 3.
    To be honest I find division rivals harder. Can't for the life of me get out of division 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just got destroyed by a guy on 4321 with POTM Hazard, Lucas and UCL Sane up top. Sat back all game and played for the counter... knew how to use timed finishing too so near impossible to stop him.

• Advertisement

Next futswap player is in the weekly challenge.
    Score twice in 5 separate rival matches..easy peasy

Debating whether to uprade to IF Van Dijk for an extra 150k.

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Debating whether to uprade to IF Van Dijk for an extra 150k.

Personally I would, I haven’t used him yet but he’s regarded as the best prem cb in the game this year so far. Depending on what other cbs get released over the coming weeks (or lack of) he could get a nice rise similar to Valencia 85 IF rb last year that stayed the best prem rb up until all the super cards near the end.

But either way, you’re improving your own team so I’d go for it.

Saw this in the faq questions on scream team players, it seems there will be an sbc for a scream team player but not just a sbc to get any of the current team, it’ll be an extra player added, can’t imagine he’ll be too highly rated.
    Also a scream team player through objectives, again an additional player added, that’ll be next Friday’s objectives so.

And throughout the event, look out for 2 Ultimate Scream players available only through SBCs and 1 Ultimate Scream player available only through Objectives.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hogey007 wrote: »
    In other news....I can’t give kagawa away!!

I bought about 10 at 1.5 and he’s at 1.1k now. Def need to rethink some of the investing as everyone seems to be doing the same, and the flooding the market with these popular players.
    If a sbc that requires 9 Dortmund players doesn’t up his price it’s hard to know what will.

Anyway, heard their will be a sbc for a guaranteed scream team player at some point during the event, if they made that an 83 team he might get some rise, if they were to make a repeatable 83 sbc it’d be great but once I clear these off my tradepile I’m not investing in anymore 83’s for now. Taking up too much space.

I'm guessing that because the SBCs have been so expensive, less people are doing them. Coupled with the fact so. Any reward packs are being given out, so the prices aren't getting as easily inflated,

Upside, I woke up to find all my IF Howdes sold overnight. 6 of them went for 13k profit each :)

IF trading is so much fun this year. Loads of coins coupled with SBCs removing old cards from the supply line, meaning their prices are just rising naturally.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Personally I would, I haven’t used him yet but he’s regarded as the best prem cb in the game this year so far. Depending on what other cbs get released over the coming weeks (or lack of) he could get a nice rise similar to Valencia 85 IF rb last year that stayed the best prem rb up until all the super cards near the end.

But either way, you’re improving your own team so I’d go for it.
    Cheers gonna make the jump now so, what do you think about IF Bailly over Sanchez? I bought a few of him at 120k last night but I'm actually thinking of using him now, even though Sanchez is a beast.

Just looking at Van Dijk, I got him for 110k, happy with that profit, he's played 88 games for me so I'll miss him :pac:

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Cheers gonna make the jump now so, what do you think about IF Bailly over Sanchez? I bought a few of him at 120k last night but I'm actually thinking of using him now, even though Sanchez is a beast.

Just looking at Van Dijk, I got him for 110k, happy with that profit, he's played 88 games for me so I'll miss him :pac:

I’ve used IF bailly in my 12 weekend league matches since I bought him and find him a nice improvement on azpilicueta but again I had never used Sanchez so can’t compare there.

Buying at 120k is a great deal, he’ll rise nicely when he goes out of packs and I’d imagine next Thursday when people get rewards and are setting up for weekend league you’ll get a nice profit so handiest thing for you is to just try him out alongside vvd over next few days and see if you prefer him over Sanchez yourself.
    Their stats are very similar.

If you find them very close in quality I’d probably sell Sanchez as a base card for an 84 is likely to drop in value quicker than a IF bailly

I've done really well with trading this year bar one thing, investing in Vidal at 14k :pac: He's down to 10k now and I have 20 sitting in my trade pile. If only I waited till this weekend to buy him and there's no way I'm taking a 4k loss per card he can sit there for months if he likes :pac:

6W 4L now in 10 games. How I'm gonna play another 20 I'll never know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Thats me done until tomorrow, im off for a walk to calm down, its 2-2 and i played a through ball to a full of energy subbed in Zaha with a 5 yard head against a no energy Joel Matip who not only catches up with Zaha but makes a slide tackle that sends the ball back up field nearly 60 yards to his striker Mitrovic, who proceeds to sprint away from Kompany and win the game

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement