Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Picked up 12 Vidals last night as I won them on bid for 9.6k so it seems like a relatively risk free investment. Going to pick up some Sergi Robertos as well and maybe a few Andre Silva if for 12k.

Amidst all the trading I forgot that I still have my OTW Richarlison to sell so hopefully he does something tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Whatever about lazy buyers, lazy sellers are the best! Picked up ozil for 8.6k on BIN, dunno how I managed to snipe him on the app, thought it would be slower than console

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Whatever about lazy buyers, lazy sellers are the best! Picked up ozil for 8.6k on BIN, dunno how I managed to snipe him on the app, thought it would be slower than console

I've found it actually faster to use the app, infact I do the majority of my trading on it, just be careful when listing players is the advice I'd give.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

7w, 13l

Gonna scrap my team and build from scratch. See if I can salvage this weekend and just try something fun.

Thats me done until tomorrow, im off for a walk to calm down, its 2-2 and i played a through ball to a full of energy subbed in Zaha with a 5 yard head against a no energy Joel Matip who not only catches up with Zaha but makes a slide tackle that sends the ball back up field nearly 60 yards to his striker Mitrovic, who proceeds to sprint away from Kompany and win the game
    I'm actually laughing out loud at this :pac: such a stressful game at times 7W 4L and lost 2 on penos, in one of them no matter what I done my penos just went down the middle, I just put the controller down and laughed before I drop kicked the TV :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    7w, 13l

Gonna scrap my team and build from scratch. See if I can salvage this weekend and just try something fun.

Just spend your hard earned coins and build a bloody superstar mate. You will be bored of the game before you get any enjoyment from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

This might help for those conceding lots from corners.

Tried it a few times earlier and although I didn’t make it as obvious as in the video, I generally brought de gea to about 4-6 yards out and he scooped up the ball each time.

Don’t blame me though if someone curls in a Steve Staunton type corner :D

https://youtu.be/xqk9JMg4tXc

I just defend corners by having one big midfielder that usually ends up been on the near edge of six yard box he clears the full power shots that come in and if any lobbed balls come in the keeper is sent out.

I still concede the odd one but not very often.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Just spend your hard earned coins and build a bloody superstar mate. You will be bored of the game before you get any enjoyment from it.

baby steps :P

I really want that "Ronaldo up front with Best feeding him balls" team, which I can't do if I bail out of my investments too quick. Not far off it, mind. Futbin says I need 3.2m for it, and also says I have 2.8m worth of investments currently.

I am going to significantly upgrade today though.

Really tempted to grab Kane and give him a whirl. He's destroyed me a few times now.

That IF Rodriquez looks incredible too. Not fast, but a formation change putting him into the CAM position, maybe.

baby steps :P

I really want that "Ronaldo up front with Best feeding him balls" team, which I can't do if I bail out of my investments too quick. Not far off it, mind. Futbin says I need 3.2m for it, and also says I have 2.8m worth of investments currently.

I am going to significantly upgrade today though.

Really tempted to grab Kane and give him a whirl. He's destroyed me a few times now.

That IF Rodriquez looks incredible too. Not fast, but a formation change putting him into the CAM position, maybe.

That Spanish team I had last weekend was really good mate for less then 100k investment i got to gold 2 with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

There is a mystery objective involving a scream player in the daily challenge.

jayo26 wrote: »
    That Spanish team I had last weekend was really good mate for less then 100k investment i got to gold 2 with it.

Don't, you'll have me getting curious about Bale :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Redzer7 wrote: »
    I'm actually laughing out loud at this :pac: such a stressful game at times 7W 4L and lost 2 on penos, in one of them no matter what I done my penos just went down the middle, I just put the controller down and laughed before I drop kicked the TV :pac:

I dont mind losing but f*ck me when Zaha cant outrun Matip (and as a liverpool fan, i know how slow he is) its bad enough but when the slide tackle deflects the ball back 50-60 yards up field to a wide open Mitrovic to run through and score cos my CB's are 10 yards away from him for some reason and i dont know where Fabinho was, it feels like the tactics in WL are broke beyond broke

Don't, you'll have me getting curious about Bale :P

Haha I didn't even look at him I don't go for forwards of midfielders unless they habe over 80 stamina i sont see point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You lads are unbelievable at trading, not so unbelievable at the game.

I'd love to have the mind for trading, but I seem to be anything but. Keep missing out on anything that makes money. Did make about 50k from IF trading, seems to be the way to go this year.

Fuk that I'm 10 wins one loss in weekend league this week I haven't started like that since the easier days of playing weekend league on PC.

Now that youve told us you've ruined it :P what sort of team are you running?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

RossieMan wrote: »
    You lads are unbelievable at trading, not so unbelievable at the game.

I'd love to have the mind for trading, but I seem to be anything but. Keep missing out on anything that makes money. Did make about 50k from IF trading, seems to be the way to go this year.

don't you have about 2million transfer profit?
    At least it shows that on my friends list :)
    The trick is getting in just before or on the friday..
    ie I work weekends only and once on nights every 4 weeks..one weekend on nights coincided with some sbc that required 83 rated icons..
    I focussed on Idriss Gueye when I came in at 7pm..I could buy him for between 700-1.5k and was selling him for 4800. During the weekend his price steadily rose and I was buying him for anything from 1k to 3.5k and selling for 4.8k.
    I made over 200k that weekend just on him by buying and reselling but it involved a lot of sniping and luckily I work in an office so was able to do all this from my desk.
    The same for Ribery this year...bought a load of him at 7.5k and sold at 15k. Made over 250k.
    Last year was only my first year trading and once you get the hang of it, its pretty easy but time consuming.
    People like jayo and tsc have it locked down tight from years of doing it :)

Once Ribery and Iniesta drop I'll be hoovering them up again.

Ahh I've a decent one this week to be fair haha now I'm getting messages of abuse again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

i'm 10-5 also on pc. That is amazing for me. Seems skill is less important this year compared to the workrate in defence of my players. also not rage-quitting that much since there is a good reward to staying in the game. Pity Division Rivals has destroyed online seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Just got martial for 28k on psn! Lowest BIN on the market now is 34.5k!

Love it!

Blazer wrote: »
    don't you have about 2million transfer profit?
    At least it shows that on my friends list :)

that's almost pure pack luck though.

Modric, Suarez, Kante, Immobile, Varane.
    Makes up the guts of it.

I did make about 100k on Davision Sanchez, but that was a no brainer, just couln't buy anymore of the cards.

9 wins now out of 14. Strongly thinking about getting POTM Hazard now as he's being class for me in the last of his loan games in the 4-3-2-1.

IF Martial probably coming Wednesday.

Next WL will be fun with all the people with his red version and the "young french forward" commentary line being repeated twice a game :o

Another loss on penos jesus christ they are muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The penalty arrow should be allowed in WL. It's literally just hit and hope without it.

J. Marston wrote: »
    The penalty arrow should be allowed in WL. It's literally just hit and hope without it.

Nah disagree mate I do like penos now if you get the sweet spot on your controller it's great to win shootout.

saving penalties is too easy, so easy to see which side they're going.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Following on from 15-15 last week, I'm currently 4-4 lol. Have had two really harsh penalties in two seperate games that decided both, both for innocuous collisions by the AI after my keeper had claimed the ball. Other than that it's been grand.

• Advertisement

First game today and I lose 5-2. Coincidentally there were 7 sudden and extreme patches of lag in the match that all occurred when I had long periods of possession, 5 of them resulting in him scoring and 2 resulting in me missing sitters.

He was better than me anyway but it's annoying when your players passing accuracy seems to drop 10-15% while the other guy got an assist with a back heeled lobbed through ball that looked like he just smashed all the buttons and the game rewarded him :mad:

Also my right back set on stay back would have intercepted that except he decided to play in midfield for the second half :confused:

5-3 now and just hope I'll still be able to get gold 2 because this is definitely the start of my weekly losing streak.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement