Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Blazer wrote: »
    Lol I use Silva in my team and he’s bloody awesome with a hunter card on him. Not only can he dribble and pass like a god but he flies back and throws in the tackles as well ... it’s crazy when you see the little guy tearing after Aub and winning the ball off him. Drives me nuts when it happens to me but hilarious the other way around.

might buy him to replace Henderson, just using hendo as i got him untradeable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

wonski wrote: »
    Does he not have 1 star weak foot or something ;)

I was thinking he will end up costing a lot more games than winning.

Noob try replace matic and hendo with Fred and Doucoure with shadows on them.

Using a cheap team at the moment while trading and my midfield has Fred, Doucoure and Tolisso and it's rock solid

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    might buy him to replace Henderson, just using hendo as i got him untradeable

Same for Silva. I have him as the right side of a 3 man midfield with Matic in the middle and Fred on the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

seamie78 wrote: »
    are most ppl playing 4-3-2-1 this year, im using 442 diamond wide. what are peoples opinions on the various formations? doing ok with what I have

Playing 4-3-3 with 2 CMs and a CAM myself, started off fine the first few weeks but this week I am getting sliced open. Creating chances not a problem but getting hit on the counter attack is a huge problem. Might go to a 4-5-1 with a CAM and 2 DMs to see if this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Toobz wrote:
    I was thinking he will end up costing a lot more games than winning.

He wasn't even usable week 1. His price absolutely crashed through the floor when people tried him, turned out to be next to useless.

Not all about the stats on the card this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Does he not have 1 star weak foot or something ;)

Ah ratings dont matter in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Rating and stats are not everything, but I rather have someone with better finish.
    But hey, if he works for you then why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Jaysus I didnt cash in my entry for WL and now my Red Dead hasn't arrived.

My weekend is ****ed and its a long weekend.

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Nightmare! :eek:

nevermind..there's always squad battles :D lol the worst ever

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Be careful, you may become a different person, you will notice subtle changes at 1st, slightly annoyed at things you witness during your games, friday night into saturday morning will lead to you becoming quite angry at times as your players continue to refuse to follow the tactics you set out, but you still win the odd game to keep you interested but then saturday evening into sunday is when you could possibly turn into the hulk with rage, losing sll your matches to complete nonsense, 60 pace lads outpacing your faster players, your 20 shots are getting saved 90% of the time by probably Jordan Pickford while your opponent wins with 3 or 4 shots, you'll slowly calm down cos youv'e completed all 30 games, you'll tell yourself im not playing that WL sh*te again, but then next thursday you'll get that invite to do it all over again and you'll.......Accept it.

30 games :eek:
    Im lucky to get 10 during the week maybe 1 or 2 friday before i say good bye to my ps4 :(
    Although it does sound like im avoiding misery :pac:

Rating and stats are not everything, but I rather have someone with better finish.
    But hey, if he works for you then why not.

Josh King hasnt the best finish but he's belting in the goals for me. Its all on your direction on the LS and if EA havent powered up the keeper ;)

Just bought Red Dead there now, Fifa and the WL will be taking a backseat

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Just bought Red Dead there now, Fifa and the WL will be taking a backseat

Turned it on last night. Two hours from a 15 min look how it feels plays :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

At a wedding yesterday so didn’t get to enter for weekend league.
    Glad of the break to be honest.

Absolute garbage in my 2 red player picks but got sane from reward packs.
    Sold for 162k as already have potm hazard and an untradeable mane.

Bought every arsenal player I didn’t already have except for aubemeyang.
    If aubemeyang wins potm an Arsenal side might be required like with the hazard sbc (and reus potm required 9 Dortmund players)
    I don’t think the prices of most will rise, they didn’t rise drastically with Chelsea or Dortmund players but just wanted to have them stocked up while the likes of Leno is so cheap.
    Ozil could be key though, so got him at 20k.
    Also picked up cech & xhaka IF, even if aubemeyang wins it probably won’t specify arsenal in forms but whoever wins will require in forms so handy to have them

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

For the traders here, what's is the story with icons? Will they keep rising and rising?

I was looking at getting Ruud when he was 400k about two weeks ago. Now I have 400k and he's gone up to 500k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

J. Marston wrote: »
    For the traders here, what's is the story with icons? Will they keep rising and rising?

I was looking at getting Ruud when he was 400k about two weeks ago. Now I have 400k and he's gone up to 500k.

They're need for the Icon SBC. When it expires the should dip if theres a few days between this and the next Icon SBC

The middle tier ones are starting to come down again but its safe to say you won't see them under 400k for a long long time.
    I want Van Basten..as long as EA don't patch in a pace upgrade he's going to be absolutely lethal.
    Another thing is no more monthly rewards so no flooding the icon market every month dropping the prices down.

Do the wins I get in the first five qualifying games count for me in weekend league?

I'm 2 from 2 one in extra time and one on penos

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭Guffy

Do the wins I get in the first five qualifying games count for me in weekend league?

Yip

• Advertisement

Of course they do ;)

I am struggling big time.

Sold Kante and Hernandez at an unexpected profit, prices of some cards went up sharply today.

Spent 90k on packs so not so much profit after all...

3 from 3, 5-1 win this time.

I'm gonna go on a loooong streak of loses now I'm sure

3 from 3, 5-1 win this time.

I'm gonna go on a loooong streak of loses now I'm sure

2 wins in 9. Does it mean I am going to win 5 in a row now? Don't want to know. 2 hours break before I even try again.

Bar 2 games all close affairs with just one goal difference. At least if I was 5 goals down I could rage quit after 15 minutes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Aim for 11 wins lads, at 11 wins you get one red player pick and there is no cap on its rating

First loss 2-1 in a close game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

11 wins isn't really a target. You should all be aiming for gold 3 as a minimum, the packs only get decent at gold.

Even though I still packed nothing from gold 1 the last time.
    WL is so much better than div 2 rivals. Much better gameplay.

Aim for 11 wins lads, at 11 wins you get one red player pick and there is no cap on its rating

Did 2 weeks ago under someone's advice. My pick was limited to 81 ;)

Last week had no time to play at all so got 82 rated goalkeeper after winning 6 :)

11 gives you 2000 points and better packs so worth it if can be done.

Pack luck is pack luck anyway.

2nd prime icons dropped.
    Lampard/Makelele, Larsson,Trezueget,Ferdinand
    Icon prices back up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Blazer wrote: »
    2nd prime icons dropped.
    Lampard/Makelele, Larsson,Trezueget,Ferdinand
    Icon prices back up again.

Was just about to post this ha. That guarantees prices won't come down in hurry.

• Advertisement

Did 2 weeks ago under someone's advice. My pick was limited to 81 ;)

Last week had no time to play at all so got 82 rated goalkeeper after winning 6 :)

11 gives you 2000 points and better packs so worth it if can be done.

Pack luck is pack luck anyway.

I got 11 last weekend also and got 84 Fabian.
    I was happy with that as it was 11 out of 19 wins. Pity I didn't have more time to play more but can't complain.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement