Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I got the free card, too.

Just after the update on ps4.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Yeah I got the free card and I haven't even been doing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Idk if it's the new patch or just me but Rivals is like jumping on nails. I've gone from high 1700s skill rating to high 1400s trying to get the 4 wins for the fut swap player.

Last match I had 3 timed shots in the box where I got the green triangle around the player icon and all 3 hit the post.

Meanwhile at the other end his Jaden Sancho with 56 shooting scores a first time 180 degree finesse lob from outside the box :mad:

If I lose a few more I'll just give up and go back to red dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Idk if it's the new patch or just me but Rivals is like jumping on nails. I've gone from high 1700s skill rating to high 1400s trying to get the 4 wins for the fut swap player.

Last match I had 3 timed shots in the box where I got the green triangle around the player icon and all 3 hit the post.

Meanwhile at the other end his Jaden Sancho with 56 shooting scores a first time 180 degree finesse lob from outside the box :mad:

If I lose a few more I'll just give up and go back to red dead.

In the same boat. Was verging on promotion to div4 and now I’m only 1160 ffs.
    Wouldn’t mind but in weekend mode I’m winning fairly easily. I know it’s harder as you rank up at least I think it is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Blazer wrote: »
    In the same boat. Was verging on promotion to div4 and now I’m only 1160 ffs.
    Wouldn’t mind but in weekend mode I’m winning fairly easily. I know it’s harder as you rank up at least I think it is ?

Idk how true it is but I've read that people who were in division 2/1 are opting to relegate themselves purposefully to 4/5 because it has the best time reward ratio.

I've given up for today. Ended the half of my last match with 93% passing accuracy and 28% shooting because everything hit the post. I rage quit when I intercepted his passes 3 times in a row yet he still got into the box where he chipped my keeper who wasn't even off his line :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I agree that division rivals can be harder than weekend league if you are in div 4 or higher. Promotion to the top divisions is not worth it compared to the rewards yoi get for the weekend league.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Completely agree with what's been said. Its why people are seeing their rating drop. The amount of games you have to put in for rank 2 and 3 rewards in division 2 is crazy. Just not worth the time or effort when the packs don't give out anything.

They need to adjust their reward structure, actually reward people for playing. Its the same problem as last year really, 15k for div 1 wasn't enough. Now division 1 rewards aren't good enough I'm comparison to what you get for division 4 and 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

For objectives they should split them into divisions, eg 3 wins in div 1 or 10 wins in div 6 or lower.

On the other hand we could argue that for someone sitting in div6 winning 5 games is as much of a challenge as for someone in div 1.

I guess they can't make everyone happy.

wonski wrote:
    On the other hand we could argue that for someone sitting in div6 winning 5 games is as much of a challenge as for someone in div 1.

I don't think you can argue that, to be honest. You have to lose about 10 games in a row to even get to division 6, I can't see too many decent players in the division.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

RossieMan wrote: »
    I don't think you can argue that, to be honest. You have to lose about 10 games in a row to even get to division 6, I can't see too many decent players in the division.

:pac: I'm in division 6. Was placed in it at the start of the game and haven't got promoted or relegated since. Everytime I get close to the 1200 points needed to get promoted I end up losing 2 or 3 games, then when I drop below 1000 points I pick up wins easily, I wonder does your points ranking effect who you come up against or just your division?

I like the fact that everyone has a chance of getting into the weekend league this year, but the division rivals is a bit of a slog.

• Advertisement

Are you a decent player?

Wasnt trying to be rude.

I can't imagine how you can go below 1000 skill points being honest. I can't even fall below 2000 no matter how bad I'm playing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm tempted to try an icon striker round the 1m mark, but not sure what way to go.

Trying to link memphis and Hazard a bit. Anyone wanna recommend me someone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Are you a decent player?

Wasnt trying to be rude.

I can't imagine how you can go below 1000 skill points being honest. I can't even fall below 2000 no matter how bad I'm playing.

Ah I know! I'm probably average. First time qualifying for the WL just gone and I was 7 out of 11. I think it's just hard to dramatically rise in your points, say I'm on 1000 points right now, I could play 20 games and still end up being on about 1100 because you win a few and lose a few. I feel if I started in division 4 or 5 it would probably be the same. Whereas with last year it was just a win X amount of games for promotion so you moved up and down the divisions more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

I'm stuck between 1200 and 1400 the whole time thinks it's div5?

Did my first weekend league and ended with 17wins from 30 played so I may be average I'm not sure?

Anyway finding it hard to get anywhere near a promotion ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm tempted to try an icon striker round the 1m mark, but not sure what way to go.

Best on 7 chemistry wouldn't be bad option. I don't like most of the icon strikers going for a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Lord TSC wrote: »

Prime Shearer? Would love to hear how he plays as well.

Prime Shearer? Would love to hear how he plays as well.

Van Basten’s baby card. Had him last year and he was lethal.
    Shearer is brilliant in a 2 striker role while apparently MVB is more suited to lone striker.

can't get this whole skill points. One game you draw you get 11 points. Then you draw another and it deducts your points. Crazy system.

It depends if your opponent has more or less skill points than you. Makes sense really. If they have less and you draw, you lose points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

It's pretty rough in division 5 this evening alright. One win and 2 draws in 6 games but I'm coming up against some lethal teams. Im in rank 1 and have more points then what was required last week so I should be safe.

Got the prime players pack from the fut swap and got Chiellini and Buffon so not all bad tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Wonder will they do anything with scream cards today?
    I bought 3 (and instantly regretted it) that are on the wrong side of stats boost at the moment (or could get better stat boosts)
    Veratti, shaqiri and calgangoulu.
    I’ll use veratti if I don’t get any profit as trying to build a hybrid prem/ligue 1 team to accommodate my 86 depay.

They could of course just do a guaranteed scream team player sbc like last year.

• Advertisement

But the scream cards are all crap. No point in an SBC for them as none of them have any real value. Last year they were worth it for SBCs as their ratings went up massively, this year they'll remain low and undesirable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

But the scream cards are all crap. No point in an SBC for them as none of them have any real value. Last year they were worth it for SBCs as their ratings went up massively, this year they'll remain low and undesirable.

Depends how quickly they shapeshift as at first I thought they got 2 boosts to 90 that changed at every shapeshift.
    But with the first shapeshift one boost went to 91 & one 90, so assuming the next one will be 91 91, then 92 91, etc etc.
    If these changes happen quickly they could be valuable with right boosts, if shapeshifts only happen every 2 or 3 weeks it’d take ages for those stats to get up high.

Bastian as a supersub is awesome. To be honest I’m happier with the stats boost than the ratings boost.
    Its nice having midfielders with 90 pace.
    Pity it will switch later.
    I find bringing on Koke and Bastian around 65 mins let’s me overrun my opponents midfield and really puts them on the back foot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Stichy

Ya finding Bastian very good off the bench at the minute and he is chipping in with a few goals. I know lads were on about it before but I cant get the hang of the shooting at all this year, I ended up turning off timed shooting but found the shots had no power when its off. One game I played last night I had 20 shots to his 6 and he wins 2-0 I hit the post 3 times with finesse shots, I just cant hit the sweet spot for them its either the post or just wide. Wish they left it alone I would be winning a lot more games the controller is gonna get hopped of the floor soon.

Stichy wrote: »
    Ya finding Bastian very good off the bench at the minute and he is chipping in with a few goals. I know lads were on about it before but I cant get the hang of the shooting at all this year, I ended up turning off timed shooting but found the shots had no power when its off. One game I played last night I had 20 shots to his 6 and he wins 2-0 I hit the post 3 times with finesse shots, I just cant hit the sweet spot for them its either the post or just wide. Wish they left it alone I would be winning a lot more games the controller is gonna get hopped of the floor soon.

turning off timed finishing is your problem.
    Just learn how to use it in the skill drills.

turning off timed finishing is your problem.
    Just learn how to use it in the skill drills.

I know it's my own problem thanks for that you seem like a pleasant individual, you're right on the skill drills though I will have to invest some time on that end of things when I get a chance.

I just turned it off..found it too distracting. I'm still scoring lots of goals so happy enough with that.
    I was always bad with those stupid things anyway "quick time event (qte)"..always hated em.

Ya I might mess around with it for awhile in the drills but could end up turning it off again I'll see how it goes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ugh, Amiens required two 10k silvers.

Packed Sterling but it's going to be rough paying out that much for SBC silvers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Anyone given IF Hulk a try? Is he better in CM or ST? Building a fairly brazilian team for this WL..should get a small crash this afternoon if the TOTW is as good as the prediction

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement