Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I didn't think I'd qualify for any rewards this week cause I've been playing RDR2.

But there was choices this morning. 33k or the mix of packs. Took the untradeables.

Considering I was expecting nothing, it's not to get a free Nainggolan to start the morning. :) Will make a pretty good supersub.

Gonna wait till this evening and open everything together so I only get disappointed once this today, gonna take the weekend off and play RDR2 though, robbing and killing will hoping make up for crap rewards

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Gonna wait till this evening and open everything together so I only get disappointed once this today, gonna take the weekend off and play RDR2 though, robbing and killing will hoping make up for crap rewards

I’d open before 5, scream team cards are out of packs at 5. Not that they’re great but you’d be a bit annoyed if you packed say balotelli after 5 who’s base card is worth 1k versus his scream team card for 70k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I got 65k ;) no surprises just cold hard coins :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I don't understand how you'd play all week only to take the coins.
    Ya boring Aul bastard.

RossieMan wrote: »
    I don't understand how you'd play all week only to take the coins.
    Ya boring Aul bastard.

Because I'm not going to pack any player that's good enough to improve my team and I'd much prefer the coins and chance my luck in the weekend rewards.

Ya moaning whingey little aul bastad!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

jayo26 wrote: »
    Because I'm not going to pack any player that's good enough to improve my team and I'd much prefer the coins and chance my luck in the weekend rewards.

I'd miss the disappointment tbh :D

Edit: Yeah, eight untradeable packs, best was 85 Dzeko, nothing else even close. But at least I got Deulofeu FIVE times out of the eight packs pmsl

Liamalone wrote: »
    I'd miss the disappointment tbh :D

Edit: Yeah, eight untradeable packs, best was 85 Dzeko, nothing else even close. But at least I got Deulofeu FIVE times out of the eight packs pmsl

exactly this. sure what else do we play for?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, I 100% see the benefit of coins. I've packed mroe than my coin amount two weeks in a row now, at least in untradeables (though I also made 9k coins in the packs from coin rewards).

But 55k or thereabouts is going to help build trade funds and stuff real quick and let you get the cards you actually want or need.

I think I'm going to re-structure my tradepile a bit over the next few days and look to grab Van Basten to go up front with Memphis. While Best tempts me, I figure I can grab Scholes and Van Basten for the same price (at least their baby versions).

I just know that by selling off a load of IFs, there'll be an SBC needing them then.
    When's the next POTM?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Think next time I play Weekend League il take coins for Rivals and so at least I have the packs from WL to open, it can be annoying using so many hours to build up packs to get absolute crap!

exactly this. sure what else do we play for?

I play to enjoy it that's why I don't often moan and accept everyone else's ways of doing things as long as they are enjoying it.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I 100% see the benefit of coins. I've packed mroe than my coin amount two weeks in a row now, at least in untradeables (though I also made 9k coins in the packs from coin rewards).

But 55k or thereabouts is going to help build trade funds and stuff real quick and let you get the cards you actually want or need.

I think I'm going to re-structure my tradepile a bit over the next few days and look to grab Van Basten to go up front with Memphis. While Best tempts me, I figure I can grab Scholes and Van Basten for the same price (at least their baby versions).

I just know that by selling off a load of IFs, there'll be an SBC needing them then.
    When's the next POTM?

Prem potm should be Friday week.

I also read somewhere on twitter that something like 24 IF’s were required during FUTMAS last year.
    Not saying hold them until then, just worth picking up more discard IF’s after you get your icons

jayo26 wrote:
    I play to enjoy it that's why I don't often moan and accept everyone else's ways of doing things as long as they are enjoying it.

I don't moan. I simply ask people who recommend players what divisions they're in. Why would I listen to someone playing in division 5 for advise on a player when they're basically playing people who aren't very good at the game. For example Depay, perfectly good for division 5. Against a proper team he'll disappear and frustrate you.

Some of the advise given on this thread is bollocks, to be honest. But it's nice to have that back and forth I find, so many different play styles work this year which makes a nice difference to last year.

All about perspective given the different skill levels we have in here.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Prem potm should be Friday week.

I also read somewhere on twitter that something like 24 IF’s were required during FUTMAS last year.
    Not saying hold them until then, just worth picking up more discard IF’s after you get your icons

Ok, currently plan then is to restructure as follows...

Sell off any of my IFs that I can get more than 20k back on (mainly Vela, who I have ten of, but I've got a few others scattered too. 5 Pickfords.).

That will put me on about 600k with, I'd estimate, 100 discard IFs left.

There's a good few of those "discards" are actually hovering round 15k right now. I have a good 15 Mitrovics whose hovering rond 15k currently, so that's another 200k or so back.

Won't need to fully liquidate. I should be able to retain a solid 60-70 IFs, and do a bit of normal gold trading to start building the pile back up then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I decided to sell up as well.

Once my last few velas and vidals sell in the next hour I'll be at 400k plus the 10 IF Jovics I picked up at discard from last weeks totw.

For this week I'm going to pick up some Casillas tonight once rewards drive the price down a bit. 18K for an 84 rated spanish in form seems like a good investment.

Also going to pick up some of the 82 rated brazilian cb and Ben Foster at discard.

Some of the advise given on this thread is bollocks, to be honest. But it's nice to have that back and forth I find, so many different play styles work this year which makes a nice difference to last year.

Of course it is because there is alot of novices and people just learning the game but alot of the advice doesnt apply to you because your on pc trading is totally different and despite what you say skill level is totally different.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Carvajal and Jorginho :(
    Id nearly have a full Real Madrid team from packs by now.

Just missing a goalie and Bale

jayo26 wrote:
    Of course it is because there is alot of novices and people just learning the game but alot of the advice doesnt apply to you because your on pc trading is totally different and despite what you say skill level is totally different.

Having played both, ps4 and pc, I don't see any differences. Maybe in the power divisions. I actually find it much more challenging in div 3 pc than div 3 on ps4.

I'm sure division 1 at the moment is completely different given its only pros and top 100 players really in it.

Baby Bergkamp is making goo goo eyes at me currently.

What’s the story with Allison? (Ps4)
    He was 19/20k the other day but picked up a couple at 11.25 now.
    I don’t want to get burned like I did when I thought Vidal was great value at 12/13k (he would have been if they didn’t pull the plug on Messi sbc)

Is there something I’m missing? Was he just overpriced because of the Liverpool part of the hazard sbc and dropping back now?

Having played both, ps4 and pc, I don't see any differences. Maybe in the power divisions. I actually find it much more challenging in div 3 pc than div 3 on ps4.

I'm sure division 1 at the moment is completely different given its only pros and top 100 players really in it.

Done ps4 and weekend league on pc and Xbox one and can honestly say I never matched what I did the couple years I did on pc I only moved back to console last year and it's totally different for weekend league then pc was and divisions last year was toughest.

• Advertisement

Baby Bergkamp is making goo goo eyes at me currently.

Settled on him. So I'm tempted to try running this this weekend

DhvzIZH.jpg

Working my untradeable Nainggolan in there. New back line to try as well, but gets everyone on full chemistry.

I still have a full TP of IFs too and didn't have to sell as much as I had worried about :)

Not a bad team Tsc it would work. The red lines would drive my OCD wrong haha

Not a bad team Tsc it would work. The red lines would drive my OCD wrong haha

For whatever reason, this year I've been way more into these sort of hybrids, so once they have 9 or 10 chem, the red lines don't bother me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

let me know what you make of miranda i got him as my best untradeable reward for divisions

Rabiot is better than draxler, although both are pretty crap given the rest of your team.
    You really need mbappe to make using that team worth while. That Depay card design looks really nice though.

Rabiot is better than draxler, although both are pretty crap given the rest of your team.
    You really need mbappe to make using that team worth while. That Depay card design looks really nice though.

Yeah. I'd agree fully with that. They'd be next on my upgrade list, but I'm stingey and Berkhampmis my expense for this week :P

Memphis wit 0 goals but 8 shots off the bar in his first game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Does your Depay have the dynamic image in game?

Up untill a few days ago mine still had his standard image.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

are ea servers down all round

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

seamie78 wrote: »
    are ea servers down all round

Mine is down, too. App works, but wanted to see some walkouts :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Down here three

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement