Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Typically how long does it take you guys to get the 2000 points for the weekend league?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Didn't register for the weekend league again I just don't have the time, might sell off my team and buy them again in a few weeks when I have time to play. That'd leave me with about 4 mil and POTM Lucas and Hazard.

Got.that too but no used to me I'm always a week ahead. I register for weekend league monday and i have 2k points from rewards so no used to me haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Free points for me muah haha haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Typically how long does it take you guys to get the 2000 points for the weekend league?

Initially it took 2 weeks as I couldn't commit to the time. Once I qualified I make sure I get a minimum of 8 wins (or is it 11?) to get the 1000 points, and also make sure I get the 100 points in rivals.

I have 2 teams, a main team and a reserve (each team is on the subs bench of the other team if that makes sense). What I do is play a WL match with my main team then a Rivals match with the reserves (to get the fitness back). Also means that as I get close to the needed number of wins I am also getting the points to finish in the top part of the Rivals.
    I also find that when WL is on the quality level in Rivals is much lower, so easier to get the wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Initially it took 2 weeks as I couldn't commit to the time. Once I qualified I make sure I get a minimum of 8 wins (or is it 11?) to get the 1000 points, and also make sure I get the 100 points in rivals.

I have 2 teams, a main team and a reserve (each team is on the subs bench of the other team if that makes sense). What I do is play a WL match with my main team then a Rivals match with the reserves (to get the fitness back). Also means that as I get close to the needed number of wins I am also getting the points to finish in the top part of the Rivals.
    I also find that when WL is on the quality level in Rivals is much lower, so easier to get the wins.

I literally have feck all time to commit to hours on end of playing. Unfortunately.

I have no idea how it works. I spent the time since launch playing the journey mode (which gives an indication on how much time I have spare).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I know some don't believe in momentum or handicapping but just had two hilarious games there.

First, I lost 4-2 to a guy who had an 80 rated Bundesliga team. Two blue cards but even they were 80 rated. He scored three rockets with some Dortmund 80 rated blue, and a free kick that bounced from post to post before my own defender plugged it in. Couldn't make a pass or shot for the life of me, and the two goals I got were lucky.

Then I win a game 6-1 against a guy with 5 red PL cards. Good ones too; Bailly, Mane, Lukaku, etc. Poor guy barely got a shot in, and I'm presuming if he has those cards, he's much better than me in WL. Traore with 4 goals, 2 of which were ridiculous tap ins. Every long pass he made, I intercepted. Felt bad for him at the end, cause I just mauled him, with Lingard pulling strings from CAM.

Speaking of....I'm not even saying this ironically or jokingly. Lingard is better than Bergkamp, at least for me. I don't know if that's his stats suit my game better, people play differently against me or what. But Lingard is utter filth for me, scoring rockets, making awesome runs, laying off people making runs past him. He's brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Played a guy in rivals. Away from home.

Dude is wasting time in the first half because he goes 2-0 up and is watching everything and waiting on all kick outs etc until he's forc3d by the ai to use the ball...

Convinced you get players playing weekend league while playing rivals at the weekend

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Dude is wasting time

Pot, kettle. Hard to swallow your own medicine lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Did the Marquee Matchups this morning. Cost me 2k for some turkish players and in my last pack I got Firmino :D He's my favourite current liverpool player but 85k towards Gerrard was too tempting.

Up to 500k plus my tradepile now. This is my team at the moment:
    Capture.png

Everyone is on 10 chem except for mbappe. Won my first WL game 4-1 so hopefully that's a sign of things to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Next game is against a guy who subs 91 red Lewandowski on with hazard and alex hunter as wingers.

At half time it's 3-0 to him. First goal I block his shot 3 times but the game gives him a 4th attempt at it. 2nd goal he shoots from 25 yards and it hit the post and went in. 3rd goal Hunter crosses it, my keeper runs for it but doesn't touch it and my defender who I control doesn't clear it despite my input giving him a tap in.

In the same half I had 5 perect time finishes hit the post and I had 2 free headers from corners hit the bar.

Second half, I go attacking and score straight away. He then immiediatly scores a 30 yard 180 degree first time shot with Fellaini :mad: By the 80th minute I've scored 3 more to make it 4-4. 90th minute I get a penalty and shoot left but the ball goes right and he saves it.

Extra time and in the 110th I do a right bumper drag back with mbappe that left his defence for dead, had all the time in the world to shoot, got the green triangle around the player icon to show perfect timing and it hits the bar :mad:

120th minute I've a goal kick, I select my left center back but it goes to his 76 rated winger with 90 odd pace who crosses it into the box and again my keeper and defender don't jump giving him another free goal.

/rant over but seriously the guy deserved one goal max and he gets 5. It annoys me to no end that a game like this can happen in the supposed esports mode and the timed finishing they added to widen the skill gap fails me as opposed to mashing cross with Alex Hunter

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I know some don't believe in momentum or handicapping but just had two hilarious games there.

First, I lost 4-2 to a guy who had an 80 rated Bundesliga team. Two blue cards but even they were 80 rated. He scored three rockets with some Dortmund 80 rated blue, and a free kick that bounced from post to post before my own defender plugged it in. Couldn't make a pass or shot for the life of me, and the two goals I got were lucky.

Then I win a game 6-1 against a guy with 5 red PL cards. Good ones too; Bailly, Mane, Lukaku, etc. Poor guy barely got a shot in, and I'm presuming if he has those cards, he's much better than me in WL. Traore with 4 goals, 2 of which were ridiculous tap ins. Every long pass he made, I intercepted. Felt bad for him at the end, cause I just mauled him, with Lingard pulling strings from CAM.

Speaking of....I'm not even saying this ironically or jokingly. Lingard is better than Bergkamp, at least for me. I don't know if that's his stats suit my game better, people play differently against me or what. But Lingard is utter filth for me, scoring rockets, making awesome runs, laying off people making runs past him. He's brilliant.
    My Irish team is 79 and i win around 2/3 on average with them div 3

Maybe the guy has just mastered using the players which after playing 50 games with the exact same irish team just changing Duffy for if Duffy

E-Sports *spits on ground*. What a pile of horsesheet. Quick sold them free skits we received the other day. As the post before implied, how can you play 'competitively when crap like that happens fairly regularly. I had a game the other night where nothing, absolutely nothing, went my way, everything fell to him. After I hit the post three times in a row I nearly just put the controller down but I stayed strong and I finished that game like the trooper I am lol. I don't quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Liamalone wrote: »
    ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Dude is wasting time

Pot, kettle. Hard to swallow your own medicine lol

I don't mind his tactics just pointing out there's no way that guy was playing rivals

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Richarlison goal

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Richarlison goal
    I have twenty at 40k heres hoping for a second half hattrick :D:D

irishman86 wrote: »
    I have twenty at 40k heres hoping for a second half hattrick :D:D

Even another goal or assist might be enough for us to get rid of him.

Anyone still have IF howedes or fornals? Going for 45k each now!

Maybe Coleman gets his yearly if :D

Richarlison 2nd, totw incoming!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Sell sell sell before he gets sent off :)

wonski wrote: »
    Sell sell sell before he gets sent off :)

I tried but he’s still freely available at 30k! He’s probably the most invested in otw player??

• Advertisement

For 30k ill hold onto him tbh :(

irishman86 wrote: »
    For 30k ill hold onto him tbh :(

Same here, I’ve only 2 of him. If gets in totw he might jump up a bit in the hype.

Has he had one totw? I didn't think he did.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Has he had one totw? I didn't think he did.

Sorry, meant richarlison 2nd goal, totw incoming :)

Sorry, meant richarlison 2nd goal, totw incoming :)

Ah yeah my stupid haha

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

For their esports they run a heavily modified version of fifa with all that ai crap turned off. Would love to get a go on it, then we’d see how good we all really are.

If Richarlison gets an inform, surely it will be a ST, does a position change affect his otw or will it stay LM?

I had eight otw Richarlison's since the price dropped to 30k, only three left, sold five to lazy buyers over the past month for around 50k each.

No his otw will stay lm, mbappe was a st last year but all his informs were rw.

Liamalone wrote: »
    If Richarlison gets an inform, surely it will be a ST, does a position change affect his otw or will it stay LM?

Good point, otw stays the same as far as I know

Felipe Anderson could also got another otw upgrade if he gets SIF

• Advertisement

Just as well they gave me the 2000 points back cos I’m having a shocker in weekend league.

3-6 so far but 3 of those defeats were similar to described earlier, where I seemed to have magnets on the post.
    Last game I was 3-1 up with 25 mins to go and it was as if a switch was flicked as all off a sudden the lag was insane, I had to try predict what to press before the ball reached me as there was such a delay if I waited. He made it 3-3 with last kick of the game and won 5-4 in extra time.
    It’s one thing being beaten by someone more skillful than you but to be beat because you can’t press buttons is ridiculous.
    Watching the arsenal match now and then spurs match as fifa simply isn’t enjoyable, i’ll probably give it another try tomorrow but hugely frustrating trying to play today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement