Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus bid for Business Class

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

only opens if there are enough unsold business class seats. So try do a business class booking and you’ll get a look at what is sold when you look at the seat map to see if there are many/few. If there are a few unsold it’s unlikely you’ll be asked to bid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

• business class is nice and all that but my perspective is that when you are paying from your own pocket it’s hard to justify and I always have that niggling feeling that I need to get my moneys worth to max the benefits (arrive early, sample the drinks menu, eat all the food on offer etc).

Its nice as a novelty if not done before but I would much rather put the €1k plus into the vacation, nicer hotel room, nicer meals etc.

just remember that aer Lingus seat configuration is 2-4-2 in economy to the west coast. Travelling as a couple I find the 2 just fine and nowhere near justify probably €1k plus(for the couple) to bid to go business class especially as bidding for upgrades doesn’t entitle you to the same air miles / tiers.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Thanks. We've never done it before, and the only time I've ever traveled long haul was to Mexico. And to be honest, I would have killed for a bit of extra comfort - I hate flying so I'm not totally against it.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

When I try to book business class seats (just to see what's available), it lets me book them but it says seat selection is not available and will be assigned at check in.

• Advertisement

Is it 2-4-4 or 2-4-2? If I try book an economy ticket myself, layout looks to be 2-4-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Conor15th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

it’s unlikely there will be any availability in business on that route but the time of the flight. I’m surprised theirs is availability even a month out to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭kirving

I've taken that flight a lot recently, next Friday will be my 7th time since November, and honestly I wouldn't pay for business out of my own money. I've taken Business enough that the novelty has kinda worn off.

In December, it was a €10k round trip DUB-SFO in Business, which I was actually entitled to for work, but I didn't pay it. I'm on it again this week, and I the minimum offer was I think €950 to Bid. You can also pay at the airport to upgrade - I've asked a few times and it's always been around €1900 flat fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

I agree and especially as the Aer Lingus business offering is okay at best, it's nothing special IMO. If you are doing the flight home from SFO then it's worth the bid, and maybe paying for it one way. What me and herself tend to do is but a loungs pass, fast track and the extra leg room seats on the way over to the US, a fraction of the cost and a nice experience.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I bid for business class last year when we travelled to Chicago with Aer Lingus. We have done a lot of flying but never in business class so thought it would be nice to try it at least once. I put in a bid of €500 each for the two of us and was successful. The seat and the extra personal space was great. The food was a bit so so though. The stewards/stewardesses were absent for long periods during the flight as well. It was nice to try but don't think I'd do it again with Aer Lingus. I flew Dublin - Abu Dhabi 2 months later and was unexpectedly upgraded at the gate by Etihad to business class. Their business class was better than Aer Lingus.

Advertisement